NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty rare for me to come across a concealer that agrees with me and gives good coverage too. Like Mac it's fairly easy for me to find a good match for my skin tone and helps to cover under eye area without any creasing. I have this on stand by during colder weather as it's quite hydrating, but during warmer months stick to my trusty Mac Studio Finish Concealer which works out well seeing as that one contains the SPF whilst the Nars one doesn't. I don't use daily, only use from time to time as it's a silicone-heavy formula which would break me out if I used every day, unfortunately.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation + Anti-ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I am unsure if i love this product or not. Yes, it does have adequate coverage and i found a great color to match my skin tone, BUT i do get alot of creasing right under my eye. This is where im unsure if I am appllying this the wrong way or if it is the product itself. I know i dont use too much, and i have tried avoiding putting it right under my eye (where some tiny wrinkles tend to be, im only 29 people!!) This does last all day, I just find i am (more than id like to) touching up throughout the day to keep creasing at bay.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out where ever i used it! So was using this for eyebrow concealing. Now i have cystic pimples around my eyebrows do not buy.

on 6/26/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have had dark circles for years and they have only got worse with age. Nars Creamy Concealer is the right consistency, not so thin as not to have any pigmentation, not so thick as to not be blendable and settle into my fine lines-unless I overdo it.. I like the colour range-I use Macadamia, but earlier I mixed Ginger and Custard (now wondering what that would taste like, probably pretty good)-I'm glad more companies are realising there are so many WoC who buy makeup and giving us more shades. I'm about an NC30 at present, but get to an NC25 at times and to an NC35 in the height of summer and it matches well and looks very natural. It is buildable, so don't apply it all at once, wait for it to dry and then dab on a little again. Focus on the darkest areas, usually close to the nose. One of my main gripes is that it doesn't stay on all day, probably about 5 or 6 hours, even though I wear it over eye cream and primer. One day, they will be able to fix dark circles, until then, we need concealer.

+ full coverage + does not crease on my under eyes + shade custard matches me perfectly - very expensive - velvet-ish tube gets dirty with smudges easily

on 6/24/2018 9:40:00 PM

I tried out the soft matte before this and i wish i had just went straight for this one. That one is great but i prefer the formula in the creamy radiant better. Its very natural and blends seamlessly into the skin. It looks more like skin. The soft matte is great for cutting the brows but for undereyes it can be slight drying. Also it does not cover acne that well. Id rather pick this one because it looks more natural and its super creamy, hence the name. I toss it in my purse because its touch up friendly because it doesnt cake when layered (soft matte gets very cakey) and so easy to use, just dab onto problem areas and it just blends like a dream. This has become the only thibg i put on my face other than moisturizer and blushthighlight. Ive been skipping foundation and powdee because it just feels too heavy.

i use creme brule<3
Custard is too yellow and darker
Canelle is too orange also a bit dark
Vanilla is too light

my skin is light neutral. not too pink or yellow. my body looks more yellow than my face.
I am Mac Nc20, nars sheer glow in ceylan 6

on 6/20/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this concealer twice and it last me a very long time. I would say that the concealer is great for a brightening affect on me. I have very dark circle, their hereditary for the women in my family. Although I love the Nars concealer it might not be strong enough for the circles I have in my face but I do mix it to get a brightening affect and wear it alone on "natural" make up days.

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/12/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on a recommendation by a friend - I'd been using 3CE Concealer, but the shade didn't match, and it tended to go very, very flaky within a few hours. I headed down to the NARS counter at the shopping centre, and was recommended the concealer in Cannelle.

This is a tube with a doe foot applicator, which suits me just fine - I usually like to blend concealer with my fingers anyway, and it does save time when I'm re-touching my makeup on the go.

From the get-go, the shade did match my skin, down to the tee. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and almost never goes cakey or flaky on my skin. For under my eyes though, it does tend to settle in my undereye creases, but I've always had that problem for most concealers, from Makeup Forever to Bobbi Brown. If I don't set the concealer with powder though, it won't crease as often.

The coverage for this concealer is also amazing. If I'm feeling lazy, I just go out with nothing but my sunscreen, this concealer, and the NARS Multiple, and it will last all day. It covers up my PIH, undereye circles, and the redness around my nose and under my chin. And best of all, you only need a few dots and some blending, and you're ready to go.

It is a little expensive for me and the product you get is less than some other products, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the coverage and how easy it is to use.

on 6/11/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the cult favorite that everyone raves about including my instructor from beauty school. I was hoping it would be the answer to my troubles. It's not.

I have combo skin - dry rosacea patches that are bumpy and dry and redness around my nose where I'm oily. This concealer is formulated to be creamy, but I find it a bit drier than I expected (and definitely drier than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer). The color range is fabulous and the formula can be blended out nicely, provided you've used a good moisturizer and primer. It's not a good product to use on its own. There's some separation by the end of the day, and it's not really that long wearing around my chin/nose.
I wish this was a bit cheaper, but based on the price and performance, even though I've gone through 3 tubes, after this I won't be repurchasing.