NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty rare for me to come across a concealer that agrees with me and gives good coverage too. Like Mac it's fairly easy for me to find a good match for my skin tone and helps to cover under eye area without any creasing. I have this on stand by during colder weather as it's quite hydrating, but during warmer months stick to my trusty Mac Studio Finish Concealer which works out well seeing as that one contains the SPF whilst the Nars one doesn't. I don't use daily, only use from time to time as it's a silicone-heavy formula which would break me out if I used every day, unfortunately.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation + Anti-ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/11/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the cult favorite that everyone raves about including my instructor from beauty school. I was hoping it would be the answer to my troubles. It's not.

I have combo skin - dry rosacea patches that are bumpy and dry and redness around my nose where I'm oily. This concealer is formulated to be creamy, but I find it a bit drier than I expected (and definitely drier than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer). The color range is fabulous and the formula can be blended out nicely, provided you've used a good moisturizer and primer. It's not a good product to use on its own. There's some separation by the end of the day, and it's not really that long wearing around my chin/nose.
I wish this was a bit cheaper, but based on the price and performance, even though I've gone through 3 tubes, after this I won't be repurchasing.

on 4/12/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Very nice, sophisticated packaging and doefoot applicator. The texture is indeed creamy and has a natural finish with a light-medium coverage. The problem is the price; you don’t get much. A dupe would be the saem concealer which also has spf and has a very similar texture; on the face, both look the same. The shade range for the saem is not as good though

on 1/27/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I’ve only owned this product for two days, but I can say I am very pleased with the concealing coverage and color match, but not so much with its staying power. Price ($30) is good for a product in a skinny lip gloss or mascara tube. I’m 50+ AA woman with oily skin. Apparently my skin tone is a few shades lighter than Rihanna’s (I bought Fenty Foundation, but that’s another review). The only areas I want to conceal are my dark purplish hereditary under eye circles. In 40+ years of wearing makeup, I have never found a concealer that made me happy. This one does for about four hours at a time. The sales rep at Sephora said it has “color correcting” properties. That was the reason she didn’t suggest the less expensive concealer stick Nars makes. I didn’t try it. This product came in a skinny tube with an applicator wand that has a sponge tip. There is not that much product in the tube. It’s such a thin tube. I blended it with my fingertips and a sponge. I couldn’t believe how well it covered my circles. They were gone! The coverage lasted until about lunch. I had left it at home so couldn’t reapply. There was a ghost of concealer. I think it is too expensive at $30 a tube, but if I can’t find something better, I will probably buy again. I don’t have another 40 years to look for a substitute!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this looks WAY too dark & orange when applied to my skin.
this one definitely did not fit me

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I looove this concealer! It is by far my favorite concealer ever. It's very hydrating, pigmented (but not caky), and radiant. When you apply under your eyes it really brighten up the skin. Never found anything like this before.

Plus: didn't break me out. Because I have ace-prone skin, I tend to avoid moisterizing concealers. But this is the best.

on 11/12/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My have oily/combination skin and found this concealer to be very drying. I tried using this under my eyes with with 2 different eye creams and alone and the result after a few hours were always the same - flaky, creasey mess. It looked like I had eye sand under my eyes and when I tried to blend it, the product would look worst.

I also tried it as a contour and it left my nose looking flaky / skin pealing effect.

I have now switched to It cosmetics bye bye under eye and love it!

on 9/22/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this in 2 shades because I love it so much. I have biscuit which I am currently using and custard for the winter season. It blends like a dream! It does crease a bit without powder, but I usually set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder, which is the ultimate duo. It's a bit pricey for concealer, but I find that it's worth the money. I've tried the Maybeline Fit Me "dupe", but I feel like this is the real deal and the better consistency. I've tried many concealers ranging from high end to drug store, but this is my favorite. When I'm packing for a trip, this is one of the first things I throw in my bag. I wish they made a small travel version of biscuit as well.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

on 9/27/2016 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Wow okay, so after years of withstanding from buying this super hyped product I finally caved... and it's fine. Just fine. First off, it's super drying on my already dry skin and creases like hell under my eyes. I also find it hard to blend and it sets really quickly. However, the pigmentation is really on point and the concealer lasts all day. The texture is also creamy when you apply initially apply it. Meh, it's an okay product but I won't be repurchasing 'cause man, that is one expensive concealer and there are others I prefer.