NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 10/7/2018 6:38:00 PM

Overall I really like this as an under eye concealer. I dab a few dots under my eye and use my ring finger to blend in before applying my powder foundation. It lasts all day and a little goes a long way. I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I also make sure to hydrate my under eyes very well at night before bed as well as in the morning before applying any makeup.

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin...no issues with this product and I've been using it for a good 2 years or so.

on 10/3/2018 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product has a nice colour range and the texture at first if very creamy. I have dark circles under my eyes and need quite a bit of coverage, I am also now 35 years old and am starting to get a bit drier under my eye area. This looks really nice at first, but it looks very creasy and dry on me within an hour and just starts looking worse and worse throughout the day.

However - if you want to use this concealer for other purposes such as pimples, redness etc, it covers quite well, but I wouldn't recommend this product to people with dark eye circles looking for a smooth finish.

on 9/28/2018 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only concealer that covers well and hydrates perfectly. I get this in Custard which matches well.
It is a little pricy but lasts a long time since very little product is needed.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this concealer for my dark circles, it has great coverage and blends very easily, a little goes a long way, however, it creases on me even after I set it. Ive noticed that it creases less when I blend using my fingers rather than a wet beauty blender.

If you're looking for a full coverage luxury concealer, this is the 2nd choice you should be looking at.

Yes. I said it: 2nd choice. I have been using this concealer for about 9 months sometimes switching it up with the Tarte Shape Tape (which I have used for almost 2 years).
I use ol' trusty Nars Translucent Crystal powder to set.

Creasing: Minimal, but still creases upon first application and continues slowly as the day goes on. 3/5
Wear-time: Lasts all day 5/5
Application blended with sponge: Not patchy, medium to slightly full coverage. Not even close to full coverage as Shape Tape 4/5
Price: Could be a little cheaper for what it is, as it offers less product than the Shape Tape 4/5

Overall this is fantastic daily concealer. I have tried a-plenty & for me this creases less than any drugstore concealer (except the age rewind) I used...
BUT this creases more than the Tarte Shape Tape. Has to be said.
I would say go for the Shape Tape if you're looking for full coverage...but otherwise this is a great choice too!

on 8/31/2018 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really tried to like this concealer! I spent a long time researching which concealer would suit my very pale, dry skin and was recommended this one. Unfortunately, it is the worst makeup product I've ever used. The colour is great, very pale and good for highlighting under my eye but it made my makeup cake REALLY bad. I even tried highlighting before my foundation, but got the same result. I tried to persevere, and changed my routine but nothing worked - it just doesn't suit my very dry skin.

The bottle is also really impractical and I had to tap it on a makeup palette to get the last of it out! That's not great for the price you pay, for it.

on 8/10/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally found a under eye concealer that doesn't crease like crazy. I dislike the doe applicator as it applies the product too heavily. I dab some on the back of my hand and use my ring finger to apply to under eye area. Blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. I use vanilla as it fair with a pink tint. Once set with powder lasts all day.

on 7/29/2018 8:43:00 PM

i bought this concealer in the shade vanilla the second lightest shade. i love the way that it blends out with a smooth matte finish. i use it under my eyes almost every day. looking at the shades now there definitely could be a lot more and the lack of chose is slightly disappointing. overall i do really like this concealer but there may not be the right shade for you.

on 7/25/2018 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for under eyes, terrible for acne (since, you know, it's "radiant" and therefore basically a highlighter. Don't be like katedogg and highlight your zits, kids.) It applies nicely with fingers and doesn't crease, but throughout the day it does sort of clump up as it dries out if you put it over any kind of rough or textured area (like a zit, sigh.)

My main criticisms are that the doe foot applicator is gross and I think the shade range could use expanding. The colors sort of alternate between cool and warm as they get darker, so half of us are always going to have to choose between a value match and an undertone match. For example, I have to choose between Chantilly (too light), Vanilla (way too pink for anything but the under eye area) and Custard (too dark).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty rare for me to come across a concealer that agrees with me and gives good coverage too. Like Mac it's fairly easy for me to find a good match for my skin tone and helps to cover under eye area without any creasing. I have this on stand by during colder weather as it's quite hydrating, but during warmer months stick to my trusty Mac Studio Finish Concealer which works out well seeing as that one contains the SPF whilst the Nars one doesn't. I don't use daily, only use from time to time as it's a silicone-heavy formula which would break me out if I used every day, unfortunately.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation + Anti-ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream