NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 8/10/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally found a under eye concealer that doesn't crease like crazy. I dislike the doe applicator as it applies the product too heavily. I dab some on the back of my hand and use my ring finger to apply to under eye area. Blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. I use vanilla as it fair with a pink tint. Once set with powder lasts all day.

on 7/29/2018 8:43:00 PM

i bought this concealer in the shade vanilla the second lightest shade. i love the way that it blends out with a smooth matte finish. i use it under my eyes almost every day. looking at the shades now there definitely could be a lot more and the lack of chose is slightly disappointing. overall i do really like this concealer but there may not be the right shade for you.

on 7/25/2018 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for under eyes, terrible for acne (since, you know, it's "radiant" and therefore basically a highlighter. Don't be like katedogg and highlight your zits, kids.) It applies nicely with fingers and doesn't crease, but throughout the day it does sort of clump up as it dries out if you put it over any kind of rough or textured area (like a zit, sigh.)

My main criticisms are that the doe foot applicator is gross and I think the shade range could use expanding. The colors sort of alternate between cool and warm as they get darker, so half of us are always going to have to choose between a value match and an undertone match. For example, I have to choose between Chantilly (too light), Vanilla (way too pink for anything but the under eye area) and Custard (too dark).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty rare for me to come across a concealer that agrees with me and gives good coverage too. Like Mac it's fairly easy for me to find a good match for my skin tone and helps to cover under eye area without any creasing. I have this on stand by during colder weather as it's quite hydrating, but during warmer months stick to my trusty Mac Studio Finish Concealer which works out well seeing as that one contains the SPF whilst the Nars one doesn't. I don't use daily, only use from time to time as it's a silicone-heavy formula which would break me out if I used every day, unfortunately.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation + Anti-ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I am unsure if i love this product or not. Yes, it does have adequate coverage and i found a great color to match my skin tone, BUT i do get alot of creasing right under my eye. This is where im unsure if I am appllying this the wrong way or if it is the product itself. I know i dont use too much, and i have tried avoiding putting it right under my eye (where some tiny wrinkles tend to be, im only 29 people!!) This does last all day, I just find i am (more than id like to) touching up throughout the day to keep creasing at bay.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out where ever i used it! So was using this for eyebrow concealing. Now i have cystic pimples around my eyebrows do not buy.

on 6/26/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have had dark circles for years and they have only got worse with age. Nars Creamy Concealer is the right consistency, not so thin as not to have any pigmentation, not so thick as to not be blendable and settle into my fine lines-unless I overdo it.. I like the colour range-I use Macadamia, but earlier I mixed Ginger and Custard (now wondering what that would taste like, probably pretty good)-I'm glad more companies are realising there are so many WoC who buy makeup and giving us more shades. I'm about an NC30 at present, but get to an NC25 at times and to an NC35 in the height of summer and it matches well and looks very natural. It is buildable, so don't apply it all at once, wait for it to dry and then dab on a little again. Focus on the darkest areas, usually close to the nose. One of my main gripes is that it doesn't stay on all day, probably about 5 or 6 hours, even though I wear it over eye cream and primer. One day, they will be able to fix dark circles, until then, we need concealer.

+ full coverage + does not crease on my under eyes + shade custard matches me perfectly - very expensive - velvet-ish tube gets dirty with smudges easily

on 6/24/2018 9:40:00 PM

I tried out the soft matte before this and i wish i had just went straight for this one. That one is okay so i prefer the formula in the creamy radiant better. Its very natural and blends seamlessly into the skin. It looks more like skin. The soft matte is perfect for cutting the brows but for undereyes it can be slightly drying. both of them doesnt cover acne that well. Id rather pick this one though because it looks more natural and its super creamy, hence the name. I toss it in my purse because its touch up friendly, it doesnt cake when layered (soft matte gets very cakey) and so easy to use, just dab onto problem areas and it just blends like a dream. Downside is this is 1)not full coverage, 2)if you dont set this it will get patchy and weird after a couple of hours and 3)its expensive.

i use creme brule, its not perfect but closest it is a tiny tiny bit orange
Custard is too yellow and dark
Canelle is way too orange
Vanilla is too light

my skin is not too pink or yellow. my body looks more yellow than my face.
I am Mac Nc20, nars sheer glow in ceylan 6

***Edit, this doesnt seem to last long on the skin as tarte shape tape but it hasnt broken me out so im iffy. It looks really natural but it just fades too quick and needs a lot of layering. i dont use powder or foundation maybe thats why. Sigh i guess if i want full coverage id go with tarte (can be drying and get cakey if applied too much, harder to work with). i do like the doe foot applicator on this one since its small and does not pick up as much product..this is close to hg but I will not repurchase, I'm still trying to find the perfect concealer, def want to try a new one on the market, too faced born this way super coverage I'm looking at you!

Edit. I returned this and got too faced super coverage born this way in nude. Its full coverage and natural like the nars creamy radiant combines with shape tape. Best of both worlds with better ingredients that are less irritating

on 6/20/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this concealer twice and it last me a very long time. I would say that the concealer is great for a brightening affect on me. I have very dark circle, their hereditary for the women in my family. Although I love the Nars concealer it might not be strong enough for the circles I have in my face but I do mix it to get a brightening affect and wear it alone on "natural" make up days.