NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 10/23/2018 4:43:00 AM

My HG concealer - I tried a couple of others, including the new Too Faced one, but had to return to this. Nothing else works so well on my blemishes (of which there are many). The coverage is good, it's super easy to blend and, for most pimples, a layer of powder over this means it will last the whole day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many concealers and they always look dry under my eyes ..I absolutely love this one!! I have it in custard , it matches my skin tone perfect.. I have medium skin with olive undertones ...

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)

I first used this concealer with a full face of foundation, & truthfully didn't care for it. It just didn't wow me, especially for the price. It sat in my collection for awhile- and I decided to try it out with a more natural face. Some days, I like to look more natural (though I love full out glam most days ❤️) I honestly had troubles finding a concealer that didn't look obvious under my eyes. My skin is clear, and I have tiny under eye circles- but I have blue veins under each of my eyes. I've had them for years, and they have always made me self conscious- they're easily covered with a full face of makeup. This is the only concealer that looks flawless under my eyes. It brightens, covers the blue veins & just looks beautiful. I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. Considering no laser place I've gone to will zap these veins (they're to close to my eyes) I'm really happy with how this looks :) not sure why this doesn't work with any of my foundations - but I'm not complaining.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is my HG concealer. I’ve tried numerous drugstore & high end concealers however they either are cakey, too dry, too oily or crease easily.

This concealer is amazing. The texture is very creamy, opaque & isn’t too thick. It glides on the skin beautifully, I use the Real Techniques Expert Concealer brushes to apply both under my eyes & on any blemishes. I notice if you apply too much product, it can get cakey so I recommend only using a small amount!

I purchased the two shades Vanilla & Chantilly as I wasn’t sure what would suit my fair skin. Vanilla is slightly too pink but I’m able to it use it for red areas or blemishes on my face. Chantilly is a touch too light for my skin tone, so it’s perfect for under eye highlighting. I usually set my under eye area with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder however it doesn’t crease even if I don’t use it.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of the staples in my makeup collection. Vanilla is just a tad too pink for me but the Chantilly is perfect. I 100% would re purchase!

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

I would never buy a different concealer ever again! I'm a light-medium to medium, and I'm using the Medium2 Ginger. It's the perfect color for my skin tone and it blends well even if my skin gets darker from visiting hot countries. It's especially good for brightening up my under eyes. I just put a tiny blob or two near my wrist then apply it on my face using my pinky. No need to over apply at all. That's why I think the price is good because this thing will probably last me forever since I don't use that much on a daily basis.

NOTE: Not very good at covering pimples though. If you don't get a lot of pimples, then I highly recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

A great concealer. I use it to cover my under eye bags and it works great. Has a rather thick consitency but blends out amazingly. Does not crease, even without setting. I use the shade vanilla which has a pink undertone great for highlighting.
Another plus is the beautifull sleek Nars packaging.

on 10/23/2016 3:27:00 AM

This concealer is by far the best one (for me at least) I've ever owned and let me tell you I'm an mua. I've played with lots of make up. I love the coverage, I use the shade custard and I'm a olive colored skin tone, however, if you don't use a translucent powder it will crease a little. I use nyc translucent powder and it works magic. Will always repurchase.