NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
    Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
    I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
    By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

I would never buy a different concealer ever again! I'm a light-medium to medium, and I'm using the Medium2 Ginger. It's the perfect color for my skin tone and it blends well even if my skin gets darker from visiting hot countries. It's especially good for brightening up my under eyes. I just put a tiny blob or two near my wrist then apply it on my face using my pinky. No need to over apply at all. That's why I think the price is good because this thing will probably last me forever since I don't use that much on a daily basis.

NOTE: Not very good at covering pimples though. If you don't get a lot of pimples, then I highly recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

A great concealer. I use it to cover my under eye bags and it works great. Has a rather thick consitency but blends out amazingly. Does not crease, even without setting. I use the shade vanilla which has a pink undertone great for highlighting.
    Another plus is the beautifull sleek Nars packaging.

on 10/23/2016 3:27:00 AM

This concealer is by far the best one (for me at least) I've ever owned and let me tell you I'm an mua. I've played with lots of make up. I love the coverage, I use the shade custard and I'm a olive colored skin tone, however, if you don't use a translucent powder it will crease a little. I use nyc translucent powder and it works magic. Will always repurchase.

I honestly didn't like this concealer one bit. I had such high hopes after seeing all the beauty gurus on YouTube use them along with all the reviews I've read. All I can say is it definitely was not for me, as it creased and sank into my lines like crazy!!! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror at lunch time, it was mind blowing how much it did not agree with me.

on 9/4/2016 10:49:00 PM

This concealer is nice, but it's certainly not mind blowing. I don't think I would repurchase due to this fact.

It states 'creamy' but I would say it's more runny & sticky more than anything. I wish it had a thicker consistency and had better staying power. Mind you, it does cover dark circles, blemishes etc really well but ONLY with a setting powder (I use banana powder to set and that works great) on top. Otherwise this is just as good as a $10 random brand one.

Also, my stick was basically empty after about a few weeks, and I don't use much. So are Nars not filling up their product?

Like I said - it does the job but not spectacularly. There are better high end (and some not high end!) concealers out there that do a better job :)

on 9/3/2016 7:41:00 PM

I have soooo many concealers but this one is one of my favourites that I keep going back to because it is a full coverage concealer that has such a beautiful shade which compliments my skin tone and gives me that flawless look. It's not too thick, it goes on perfectly and easy to blend in. The choice of shades are good. The packaging is a little basic but I can live with it for the fact that it is generally a good concealer and it covers the undereye area very well like you've had a full 12hrs sleep leaving you looking fresh as a daisy.

Overall I was really excited with my recent purchase of this in the shade vanilla. I just recently got into using concealers every day, but I have tried quite a few. Recently I tried Super Stay 24 and the supposed Nars dupe Fit Me. I laugh at that. All concealers I have bought from the drugstore are awful and dry. Creases like no one's business. I guess I never really got into concealers for this reason....
    I have moderate dark under eyes and your occasional pimple. So, I honestly feel it looked worse with concealers than without. I've only bought two high end concealers and honestly that's where the money's shows.
    I use Mac pro concealer palette in light and I love it I didn't know if I would use all six but I do for entirely different reasons, different days. While I.. am happy I feel like I'm missing the umph in my routine, and really love the highlighted look Nicole Gueriero does on her YouTube channel and she recently mentions this again in her video.
    It claims to brighten, hydrate and concealer the skin. It was a bit drying, and didn't brighten as much as I hoped. My main compliant is it still creases. I've only had it for two days so I'm still learning but I used it alone, then under full foundation, with powder to set. Using my mac mineralize powder only made it worse and I wasn't really feeling it just alone which is a bummer I like the no make look an just using some concealer and not a full face of foundation. I am going to go buy another beauty blender and see how that goes but so far I like it but I probably won't repurchase because I'll try the Laura Mercer and Bobbie Brown one. But it is a lovely concealer, I maybe have too dry skin or need a beauty blender or eye cream/serum? Will update

Update
    I've tired this in a different way and I'm really happy with the way it applies. Instead of lightly dotting and dabbing with my ring finger I'm drawing lines and gently sweeping down in a triangle shape underneath my eyes and not being stingy with the product either and I love it with a full face it brightened and contoured my faced like I had been had hope. I quess tapping with my finger makes the product cake up on me, and I also can't use this with powder then it creases in a very weird way.
    It also crease a little bit after an hour or two but I think it's only noticeable to me. So, I am having to touch up under my eyeliner the bathrooms :(

It's a good coverage concealer that lasts long, but it does not look natural at all, even if you've got the right colour matched. It looks patchy on the skin and you can definitely tell it apart from skin. Might be suitable for a heavy makeup look, but not an everyday product for me.