NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

This is one expensive little concealer especially when it doesn't work.

I first purchased this in Vanilla but it was too dark and then went back for the Chantilly. Basically I purchased it for my under eye area and to brighten and cover any spots or flaws.

It didn't matter how I applied this cream it ended up dry, cakey, covered nothing and accentuated wrinkles I didn't think I even had. Made me look like I had sleep boogers, not a look I recommend.

Very disappointed because the price point isn't cheap and I wasted cash on two very small tubes that I can do nothing with.

This is not as advertised, creamy and long lasting, it barely lasted an hour, if that. I had to go over it with my favourite concealer.

I will try to use it up as eye primer and I think this one is best for beautiful ladies with oily skin.

So this is a good concealer. I quite like it, despite a few issues with it. For reference: I am really freaking pale- I use the lightest shade, Chantilly. I use this to cover hyperpigmentation from old acne I had on my cheeks. Because I'm so pale, acne scarring tends to look really dark and prove to be difficult to conceal. I do not use this to conceal my undereyes.

The packaging (doe foot applicator) is fine, but it's getting harder to get concealer out of the tube as my tube is starting to run out.

This has great coverage, and the majority of my acne scarring is concealed with this product. I also appreciate the pale shade. While it does match my skin tone, I find that it breaks up and oxidizes throughout the day. This happens with a lot of my makeup, so I don't know if this will happen to everyone who uses the concealer. But if you're prone to having your makeup turn a lil orange and and separate throughout the day, I'd approach this concealer with caution. It isn't terrible like it is with other makeup, but it is kind of a bummer.

on 4/3/2017 11:46:00 PM

~Things i loved about product
Covers under eye circles
Blends perfect with MAC brush 286
Doesn't crease under my eyes.
It covers blemishes.

~Things i dislike about product
beauty blender sheers it out to much.

I will make a comparison with MAC pro longwear concealer. I don't feel this Nars concealer to give me any hydrating, so it is on the same level as MAC with hydrating thing.
This concealer has a thicker texture than MAC and it can crease more easily on me, and I always set my undereyes with Laura Mericer Secret brightninger powder.
I like to apply my concealer with a brush, but with Nars I have to use my finger to make it crease less on me.

Overall I prefer MAC pro longwear conealer.
It is cheaper than Nars, but Nars has better color selection than MAC.
My foundation won't set nicely on my nose and throughout the day I don't have much foundation on my nose at all. I use MAC prolong wear on my nose and it does fade away slightly, but it is a good looking effect throughout the day on my nose and it sets nicely on my nose too. I use prolong wear as eyeshadow primer too and it works pretty good for that as well.

Pro longwear concealer is hands down the best and thr price is just right too.

I actually wanted to purchase the new matte concealer on the pot, but it just looked heavy yet was so thin texture wise.... I would need to play with it. Anyway.... I don't know why I've overlooked this liquid concealer before. There are so many shades you are bound to find one to suit you. Nice finish and yet pigmented.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

I would never buy a different concealer ever again! I'm a light-medium to medium, and I'm using the Medium2 Ginger. It's the perfect color for my skin tone and it blends well even if my skin gets darker from visiting hot countries. It's especially good for brightening up my under eyes. I just put a tiny blob or two near my wrist then apply it on my face using my pinky. No need to over apply at all. That's why I think the price is good because this thing will probably last me forever since I don't use that much on a daily basis.

NOTE: Not very good at covering pimples though. If you don't get a lot of pimples, then I highly recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 12/11/2016 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Amazing coverage! I use the color Custard for my NC30 skin tone. It is definitely pricey so if I'm just going out for a couple errands I tend to use it's dupe Maybelline's Fit Me concealer which is a quarter of the price and similar coverage. But for a long day, meeting friends/family, out for dinner, I'll use the NARS concealer!

A great concealer. I use it to cover my under eye bags and it works great. Has a rather thick consitency but blends out amazingly. Does not crease, even without setting. I use the shade vanilla which has a pink undertone great for highlighting.
Another plus is the beautifull sleek Nars packaging.