NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 6/12/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on a recommendation by a friend - I'd been using 3CE Concealer, but the shade didn't match, and it tended to go very, very flaky within a few hours. I headed down to the NARS counter at the shopping centre, and was recommended the concealer in Cannelle.

This is a tube with a doe foot applicator, which suits me just fine - I usually like to blend concealer with my fingers anyway, and it does save time when I'm re-touching my makeup on the go.

From the get-go, the shade did match my skin, down to the tee. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and almost never goes cakey or flaky on my skin. For under my eyes though, it does tend to settle in my undereye creases, but I've always had that problem for most concealers, from Makeup Forever to Bobbi Brown. If I don't set the concealer with powder though, it won't crease as often.

The coverage for this concealer is also amazing. If I'm feeling lazy, I just go out with nothing but my sunscreen, this concealer, and the NARS Multiple, and it will last all day. It covers up my PIH, undereye circles, and the redness around my nose and under my chin. And best of all, you only need a few dots and some blending, and you're ready to go.

It is a little expensive for me and the product you get is less than some other products, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the coverage and how easy it is to use.

on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My review is going to be long so if you can't settle down for story time, skip over this one. I've given this product so much hate for the past 2 months so I owe it to Nars to fix this (I'm not sponsored by anyone, I promise).
I've always been a brush and finger person when it comes to makeup, and I've only ever used Maybelline Age Rewind (apply the product to the back of your hand first, it blends nicer when warmed.) I switched to a beauty blender to save on time but carried on using my fingers for concealer. I heard so much hype based around this product (pretty sure this was one of the bombs before Tarte shape tape) that I was curious and decided to give it a try. I asked for something 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so I could be bright but not give off ghostly vibes. I got matched to Custard.
The first two weeks were excellent. It blended like a dream with my fingers and I couldn't stop banging on about it. I drew the classic upside down triangle, blended and set with RCMA no colour powder. I don't bake unless it's a wedding or another event where pictures>cake face. On a normal day, a light dusting of powder does the job. It didn't crease, it was brighter than a drugstore concealer but still flattered my skintone. My eyebags aren't terrible, so this medium coverage is a good pick for me. I haven't attempted to use this to cover spots because it's a bit lighter than my skin tone.
The next time I went to apply concealer, my undereyes looked like what I would describe as "crepy". If you google Tesco crepes and zoom in, memorise that texture and pattern. I kid you not, my undereyes looked a bit like that minus a few lines. I'm only 19, I don't have dry undereyes and loads of lines just yet. First, I blamed myself. I told myself I was being too heavy handed with my eye cream and not giving it enough time to settle down ( I use Mario Badescu hylauronic acid eye cream) so I switched to using the Simple eye roll on. Nope, same issue. At this point I'm running my mouth all over the place about how bad it is, what a waste of money it was etc.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's not giving up. Or being stubborn. Take it how you will. After watching Brianna Fox's videos, I came to the conclusion that I should mix it with eye cream. On one eye, I dumped on a load of MB eye cream and let it take its time blending in. On the other one, I mixed up the concealer with MB on the back of my hand. This time I went in with the beauty blender. It didn't look too bad, the overloaded eye cream side still saw a touch of crepe here and there. I daresay the mixed side looked smooth, but the area where my eyebag starts right next to my tear duct still looked a bit crusty.
At that point, I lost interest. But here comes exam season which means I did/am doing everything I can to avoid revising. Including making this concealer work for me and typing out a super long review. I would like to point out that I was never a beauty blender person, I never thought there would be a learning curve but guess what, there was: stamp the product, but less pressure and more bouncing. Trust me, very lightly tap. This particular day I started with concealer first, ready to wipe it off should it go wrong. My, my, was I in for a surprise. I started off using MB eye cream (thank you dear sister for knocking the Simple one off the shelf and thank you me for being too lazy to retrieve it) and let that sink in. I decided to stipple the upside down triangle instead, and went in with the butt of my beauty blender instead of the tip. I think one of my many many minor issues at the start was that my beauty blender was too damp. I figured that I'd start at the bottom of the triangle, so closer to my nose and then work up to the undereyes. My theory is that the product soaked into the sponge, making it less damp at this point so I could bounce freely without any product shifting off and no patchiness.
When I was done, I hated my life because I managed to make it work and I was living for how it looked. Because I'm a bitter human and I wanted to still be in the right for hating it, I decided to go about my day without setting it. Much to my horror, it didn't crease at all ( I don't overdo product and I blend very, very well). As I sit here typing, I'm wearing an expression of pure grumpiness because I've mastered this concealer and I've never hated myself more because I know I'll be repurchasing.

on 5/2/2018 5:26:00 PM

It’s just alright, not the greatest for the price. I’d rather use a drugstore concealer over this... The coverage is pretty good, it’s so thick that it creases even after setting with a powder. Also, the doe foot applicator is pretty scratchy. I prefer the tarte shapetape and maybelline fit me over this. The packaging is very cute tho

on 4/30/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally got mine in "biscuit" and loving it. It hides my dark circles well (though not the shadows from the bags), and a little goes a long way. It's creamy yet thick, and lasts the whole day.

Is it full coverage? Yes. Does it conceal imperfections? Of course. But it is not crease proof, and it definitely can look a little cakey if too much is applied under the eyes. In my opinion it’s better for blemishes as opposed to dark circles, but for the price, you can get drug store concealers that work just as well!

on 4/30/2018 8:05:00 PM

After I finished my last tube of concealer, I decided to give this a try and see what the hype was all about. I had wanted to purchase this earlier, but NARS did not make a shade that suited my fair, neutral/olive skin tone (NC20) until they recently came out with Creme Brulee. This is definitely a nice concealer, but I don't think it's as amazing as many of us have been led to believe.

Pros:
- Has a nice creamy texture with a satin finish, I would say this has medium coverage
- Great for concealing discoloration all over the face; could be used for highlighting/contour
- This is not reflective or "radiant" per se, but it does provide a sort of brightening effect to the face

Cons:
- Creases and looks papery as the day goes on, even after a healthy dose of eye cream!
- Can become patchy during application, especially when adding more coverage.
- Not the best for severe dark circles; good for brightening the undereye on an average makeup day, but dark circles and bags peek through unless you layer it on.
-Not the most budget-friendly, though it is more affordable than some other concealers it competes with. Not enough bang-for-your-buck for me.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good concealer, but not something I will purchase again. I can see how some people may love this, especially those who don't like anything too heavy or a dewy finish. Perhaps I will have better luck with the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, or something more emollient.

on 4/27/2018 5:49:00 PM

It's an okay concealer. Not radiant or creamy, it is on the drier side. The color range is so much more limited compared to the NARS foundations and I can't find a color close enough to my neutral leaning cool-olive tone. Works decently for under eyes. Will settle in lines if you don't set it, and if you do, then it just makes it drier. Horrible for blemishes, if you have any sort of dry skin around it it will stick to the patches and make them so much more obvious. I can't attest to how it works with very oily skin but on my T-Zone the product faded by the end of the day... unless ofc there was some dry skin, then it held on for dear cakey life.

Over all, I'd say it's a decent product. But for this price I don't want decent, and I expected much more from the hype surrounding this product.

on 4/14/2018 7:00:00 AM

I bought the shade “ Canelle” twice. Advantages: creamy formula, hydrating, varies undertones, sleek packaging , works well with a variety of foundations Disadvantages: not many colours to suit deeper skin tones , very expensive at £25 , small amount of product for the price , applicator doesn’t get a lot of the product out & seems very sharp( don’t know if I got unlucky twice) I would buy again

on 4/12/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Very nice, sophisticated packaging and doefoot applicator. The texture is indeed creamy and has a natural finish with a light-medium coverage. The problem is the price; you don’t get much. A dupe would be the saem concealer which also has spf and has a very similar texture; on the face, both look the same. The shade range for the saem is not as good though

on 3/23/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After spending the coin on concealers I never ended up liking, I thought I should pick this up. I bought ginger which is described as medium with golden undertones but I would say it’s an un-neutral mix of golden and pink, maybe like a peach undertones. I have olive tan skin and this colour blends in seamlessly, but this isn’t the perfect shade and undertone for me. The formula is amazing in coverage an the natural almost luminous finish it gives. It sets well with the minimum amount of creasing (most concealers make me crease like crazy) and it doesn’t oxidize. It’s very easy to blend but if you’re using a beauty blender you should know it’s gonna EAT the concealer. I suggest blending with your fingers first to spread the product evenly and then going over with a few taps from the Beauty blender, this is how you get max coverage with minimum amount of product.
It doesn’t break me out, it doesn’t slip and slide on my oily combination skin. In gives amazing coverage for hyper pigmentation even when I don’t use a corrector and ugh I just love it.
I don’t care for the price because it is worth it and lasts a long time I don’t care spending around 39$ for a concealer that gets the job done because I’m paying for the ingredients, formula, luxe packaging... I would highly recommend for all skin types and I there is no way you can’t find the right shade-I can choose between 4 different shades for undereye+cc+face shade (ginger, macademia, sucre d’orge and caramel) and not one. Keep coming up with more shades nars 👏🏽