NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 6/26/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have had dark circles for years and they have only got worse with age. Nars Creamy Concealer is the right consistency, not so thin as not to have any pigmentation, not so thick as to not be blendable and settle into my fine lines-unless I overdo it.. I like the colour range-I use Macadamia, but earlier I mixed Ginger and Custard (now wondering what that would taste like, probably pretty good)-I'm glad more companies are realising there are so many WoC who buy makeup and giving us more shades. I'm about an NC30 at present, but get to an NC25 at times and to an NC35 in the height of summer and it matches well and looks very natural. It is buildable, so don't apply it all at once, wait for it to dry and then dab on a little again. Focus on the darkest areas, usually close to the nose. One of my main gripes is that it doesn't stay on all day, probably about 5 or 6 hours, even though I wear it over eye cream and primer. One day, they will be able to fix dark circles, until then, we need concealer.

on 3/24/2018 5:58:00 PM

Love this concealer.

Despite its claims to be radiant and creamy i dont think it is immensely in either department.

Its very medium coverage. And i can find it slightly to stiff to apply and i cant get a bit of creasing and dryness

Those are the one flaws, because this is a really good concealer neverless. It covers my dark circles and makes my undereye area look a but brighter. I also find that the product runs out very quick and i hate when i get to the end of it.

But i love this concealer because it always holds up on my skin. It never fades or budges and it covers.

on 1/20/2018 12:28:00 AM

This goes right under my eye bags and stay put! I got the shade "caramel", it`s such a beautiful nude color, im tempted to use on lips!! Def my HG from now on, wish I got this earlier. My only gripe the price and nars went back to testing on animals :(
Dear Nars, pls dont test on animals!

The sleek packaging is nice for travels and can be confused as a liquid lipstick

Pros
So creamy and the wand goes on well and blendable.

Cons
fades and needs reapplication

Wld def try anor lighter shade like caramel or sthg

Recommend?
Buy and splurge!

I've always wanted this concealer, but I was afraid that this product would be bad. Even though there were many positive reviews about this product I was spectacle, especially when the price is pretty expensive. Although the price is a bit expensive, this product is great. The texture of the product is creamy, buildable, blendable and the package is what I expect a concealer to look like. It is worth the hype and recommend this product with anyone who needs to cover up dark circles. Thank you for reading my review here's a cookie 🍪

on 1/12/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

he best undereye concealer. Desperate to re purchase once I get through another one or two of my concealers. It blends like a dream and the shade range is so good.

on 7/18/2017 5:17:00 PM

After using so many concealers I have to say this is still my favourite. I find it is the only thing that covers my dark circles (hereditary - so dark) without drying out my under eye. The texture is creamy and mousse like. It applies smoothly and evenly without any patches or loss in pigmentation. When I use this I apply with applicator and blend with my finger, before smoothing out with a damp sponge. I find this wastes less product and keeps the product on the skin. I then set with a translucent loose powder and sponge. This lasts all day and I never look tired (due to my dark circles) at the end of the day. I also do not need any corrector with this as it has a very slight peach hue. Love it.

If i had to say something negative, it would be the packaging. I generally do not like doe foot applicators as they are unhygienic and dry up the product very easily. Also I find it leaves alot of the product around the edges, for at this price I would like to get to. I tend to run out after only one to two months of every day use and I don't find this to be the case with other concealers. I would much prefer a squeeze tube like the Stila concealer which has a thin pin point tip, allowing for less wastage and precision application.

on 6/23/2017 9:11:00 PM

I use this concealer in Macadamia on my NC30 skin tone and it's PERFECT. The peachy tones of this concealer cover my dark under-eye circles flawlessly. No matter what method you use (fingers, sponge, brushes), this concealer blends out beautifully.

What really impressed me and convinced me to purchase this was when I first went to Sephora to sample the product. After a long day of shopping, when I got home, I found that the concealer never creased of caked under my eyes!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30
Concealer shade: Vanilla

I've repurchased this as it is my go-to undereye concealer.

Pros:
It's very brightening, and quite full coverage. It blends beautifully with a brush. Despite the thickness of it, it feels lightweight and doesn't fade throughout the day despite me having oily skin.

Cons:
I find I need quite a bit of product, but the travel size lasted me four months. It is very pricey though, costing 19$ for 1.4ml. It can get blotchy and thin with a wet beauty blender.

on 5/30/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Shade purchased: Custard
Current skintone: About NC25-30

Overall rating: 3/5
Price: 2/5 (Its S$46 here in Singapore for the full size)
Packaging: 5/5 (Looks classy)

Had high hopes for this concealer. I mainly purchased this because I heard people raving about how this concealer works wonders for spot concealing - aka, for pimples, acne, etc. However, I found that this concealer had pretty light coverage, considering the hype on it. I would consider it to be a light-medium coverage concealer at best, not very buildable, as even when I put 3 layers on my healing red acne, it still peeks through, and mind you I did put a green corrector (L.A. Girl Pro Concealer) underneath to correct most of the redness. Theres 6ml in a few size tube which is not bad, considering I purchase the travel sized (1.4ml), and it has lasted me for nearly 3 months now with daily usage on blemishes and undereyes. However with that said, I do like it for undereye concealing. Again, I do use a peach corrector (Tarte CC undereye in light/medium), which does most of the job, and I put 3-5 dots of this concealer overtop and blend. It doesn't give me full coverage, as some darkness still peeks through but again, I am not gna look like a drag everyday right?

Im not sure if I would repurchase as it doesn't really meet my needs. I prefer something with higher coverage, and this just doesn't meet that. Although it has a really thick, moussy consistency, it doesn't have enough pigments in there in my opinion. I have purchased the Tarte Shape Tape that everyone raves about so I will be trying that out, and probably do a review on it soon, to see if it's any better than this NARS one.

Summary:
Coverage - Light-medium, buildable but coverage doesn't increase with building
Lasting power - Great, lasts the whole day without getting oily
Blendability - Good, I use the elf small contour brush to blend it out and it's wonderful for that
Application - Easy but have to keep re-dipping into the tube to get product due to the stopper
Consistency - Thick, moussy, creamy
Finish - Satin, with no shimmers

Buy if:
You are looking for a light weight concealer that provides medium coverage, and if you have good skin conditions, ie no bumps etc.

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.