NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 2/17/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This was the first concealer that I'd ever used that didn't highlight dryness or flakiness (excluding my undereye area). It's great for covering up general redness or the occasional pimple - leaving a very natural skinlike finish. Its ability to look natural while being a fuller coverage product is quite impressive. It has average wear time on me (fading after around 5 hours) and is not as tenacious as my new favorite for this type of general concealing - the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (I have reviewed this as well).

I am an olive NC20ish and found Custard was an ok match. This product has quite a good shade range for light to medium skin tones now they've added additional shades to the range since I purchased this product. I would buy one shade lighter if I were to repurchase. I also like that this is fragrance free.

What I don't like: While I had hoped this could be a great multipurpose concealer used both on my face and under the eyes, it is much too drying for my under eye area. It gives my undereye a crepe-y appearance. The colour was also too yellow for use on my purple-y dark circles - it gave a grey look. Side note: I am yet to find a great under eye concealer as yet.

I also find that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC PLW concealer as noted above - the MAC does a better job of maintaining coverage of a few broken capillaries that I have on my nose even though they're right where my sunglasses sit. Another annoyance worth noting is that this is marketed as a 'radiant' concealer when it has no radiance to it whatsoever. It's very much a natural matte finish on my drier skin type.

Overall, it's a slightly above average product that I probably won't buy again when there are so many concealers out there and I'd rather try something new. However if you are looking for a fuller coverage concealer that has a skin like finish then this is worth checking out. I would suggest it's more suitable for normal to combination skins.

I fell into the hype of this one. Honestly i dont feel like its the best concealer but it is okay. On my skin it just always looks heavy and cakey i dont know why. Ive tried different setting powders, baking, applying with sponge,brush,fingers etc but it still just looks cakey. Oh and weirdly ,it doesnt oxidize under my eyes but when i wanna spot conceal it does. I dont think i will blame the product for that, i guess it really depends on the person's skin; just thought i would mention it here. It does cover well but i just really dont like to look like i've got heavy makeup under my eyeballs. Good thing i only bought a sample size. I will use it til the last drop though coz i want every penny's use out of it (its expensive,okay?). I do have to say though, the packaging is beautiful. Will not repurchase, and will not recommend ;(.

on 1/30/2017 11:00:00 PM

Love love love this! I'm wearing vanilla and it's the best I've every purchased hands down. I'm 51 and have been a makeup junkee for about 25 years. I don't have wrinkles yet, but concealers can still make me look old if it's not well done. I don't bake it. I don't like the feeling of the powder being under my eyes. So far I'm loving it!

I've gone through 5 tubes of this concealer.
    It has very buildable coverage and doesn't crease. Still looks great at the end of a 16 hour day. Doesn't oxidise. Its be best concealer I've found to date - the maybelline fit me concealer is supposed to be a dupe but I find it creases, isn't as full coverage and stings my eyes.

My foundation shade is MAC NC 30, Maybelline fit me 220 and Nars stromboli.

I use the shade ginger on a daily basis which is the same shade as my foundation. When I want a brightening effect I use the shade custard

on 1/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL CONCEALER!!!! I have tried every concealer out there ranging in price from £5-£30 and this is by far the best concealer I have ever used!!!

Covers my dark circles completely, without turning ashy/sallow later in the day. I'm also prone to product forming fine lines below my eyes, and when set with translucent powder this concealer gives a creaseless finish.

I also use a couple of strokes of this over my foundation to give more of a dewy natural look (I use full-coverage foundation so this can sometimes lead to a flat look without a bit of dew).

For colour reference, I am NC25 in Mac SF, C3 in Mac FB and Dawn in EL double wear, and the shade Custard was perfect.
    Honestly if you're in two minds about this concealer, just buy it!

on 12/24/2016 4:17:00 AM

This is great for under eye circlres- nice consistency, good coverage... It doesn't last well though and that's my only complaint, I have to reapply after 4-5 hours.

on 12/23/2016 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my third concealer. The nars radiant creamy concealer is a thick, medium to high coverage concealer that truly lasts all day. I use this with the bobbi brown peach bisque corrector as well as the nars loose setting powder and my HEAVY dark circles completely disappear! I love this concealer so much, it is definitely my absolute favourite out of all those I have tried before despite the fact that it creases if not set properly. I see myself as a connoisseur on concealers due to the fact I am unfortunate enough to have hereditary dark circles :) I have tried the urban decay naked skin concealer, maybelline fit me, mac pro longwear as well as many others both drug store and high end, this truly tops them all!!
    I've give a 4/5 for packaging due to the stopper which really prevents you from getting the last bits of concealer out and fools you into thinking you need to buy a new one (MAKE SURE YOU PULL THE STOPPER OFF BEFORE ORDERING A NEW ONE GIRLS)
    I you've never tried the Nars radiant creamy concealer, buy one now!!!!!!

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

I would never buy a different concealer ever again! I'm a light-medium to medium, and I'm using the Medium2 Ginger. It's the perfect color for my skin tone and it blends well even if my skin gets darker from visiting hot countries. It's especially good for brightening up my under eyes. I just put a tiny blob or two near my wrist then apply it on my face using my pinky. No need to over apply at all. That's why I think the price is good because this thing will probably last me forever since I don't use that much on a daily basis.

NOTE: Not very good at covering pimples though. If you don't get a lot of pimples, then I highly recommend this.

on 12/10/2016 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty good for highlight and covers dark circles well, a little drying, better in the summer, bit pricey.

on 10/22/2016 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this concealer! When I first bought it, I didn't really like it but with proper application it's amazing. Probably the only concealer I've used that covers dark circles and doesn't crease.

I have a dry under eye area so I usually hydrate with Smashbox under eye primer or Khiel's creamy avocado eye treatment. I then apply this concealer using my fingers and I set it either with Mac finishing powder or Australis banana powder to prevent creasing under the eyes. I wear NC 20 foundation in Mac, and the Nars medium custard is a perfect tone