NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a good concealer but like many of Nar's complexion products, its just too off in the shade department. Nars doesn't do neutral skin tones at all. Your either straight up in the yellow category or pink. If your in between forget about it. I chose the shade Amande as it was the closets I was gonna get. Caramel is just too light/ pink and the next shade up was too dark/ red . I like the consistency, finish and staying power but the color range sucks! Even with the new additions it still lacks decent neutral tones especially for darker skins. We are not all red, yellow/ orange!! I have to mix this with Makeup forever's concealer in shade 12 to get this to work. The two paired together looks flawless. All this to say that if you can find a good color match this is a good concealer worth the $29 price tag but not if you have to mix two together.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

So far I love this. I am trying to switch to natural products but haven't managed to find a natural concealer that's any good for me so thought I'd just go for it (it is paraben free at least). I have used YSL radiant touch for years but recently used Byterry touché veloute which was great too but a bit pale. I'd seen amazing reviews of this so thought I'd try it and am so pleased I did. The coverage is heavier than the other two but still looks very natural and the texture is creamier so more moisturising. I dot it on then blend with a beauty blender and I'm amazed at how well it conceals. I haven't had trouble with it creasing and I do have a few fine lines (I'm 33). I do apply it just after my eye cream though. Price is fine with me but as it's my first bottle I'm not sure how long it will last yet.

on 11/15/2015 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this concealer! I have this in Cafe, and the colour matches me perfectly. It's not too red or yellow - I believe this has a more neutral undertone. Since I use it mainly for my dark circles, it's perfect. It's very creamy, which - as opposed to the MAC Pro Longwear (also a good concealer) - is easier to work with.

It last all day, pretty much without creasing. I've used up one and have another on reserve. I tend to switch it up with MAC Pro Longwear only to prevent boredom. But I'd repurchase either of these over and over.

For reference, I'm an NC50 in MAC, N100 in Cover FX Custom Blend or Warm Dark in Bare Minerals.

on 10/18/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this concealer for about 10 months and I am not unto my second tube.
    I switch between this and the LA girl pro concealers, however I am constantly drawn to this for various reasons.

Firstly, I love the ease of the application. I have found that with the LA girl concealers, using that brush applicator has become the bane of my life but a few swipes of the NARS concealer applicator does an even better job.

It definitely lives up to its name - it's creamy! And exceptionally thick. I only use it for my under eyes and nose and it does a pretty good job at highlighting. I've found that a little goes a long way with this product as you run the risk of cakeiness if you use too much of it.

I am in the shade 'caramel' but I'll probably try 'biscuit' in the near future.

A must-have in your make up kit :)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

My favourite concealor ever... It covers under eye bags without settling into creases... It is high coverage, blends very well and lasts all day. Nothing compares and I've tried many and still buy the odd one as I'm a make up junkie... But always come back to this. I wear it in Custard... Unbeatable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really don't understand the massive hype around this product AT ALL. I have quite bad hereditary dark circles under my eyes and was looking for a full coverage concealer to cover them, and this seemed to be the most suggested and highly recommended product. Due to the steep price I was hesitant, but thought that if this was going to be my HG eye concealer product then I may as well. This is a full coverage concealer, which is about the only part of it that I like. Despite the claim on the box that it is an anti-crease formula, this has to be one of the worst concealers I have ever used in regards to creasing. I have tried setting it with different powders, using different brushes or motions with my fingers to apply it, I have tried using different amounts of product, but no matter how I apply it it still creases. Honestly, if it didn't crease and settle into fine lines like it does, I would probably really like this product. It is a fatal flaw and definitely my biggest gripe. Other than that I would not say this is a 'creamy' product as to me that suggests that it is moisturising, but if the skin under my eyes is slightly dry then this product makes my skin look awful and crepey almost? It is hard to describe but you do not want your skin looking like this. Also, I have tried using this on blemishes but the colour doesn't seem to match my skin and it seems to oxidise and go orangey, which it doesn't do when I apply it under my eyes. This might be my foundation, I don't know, but I prefer using a more solid concealer rather than a cream for blemishes at any rate.
    Due to the price I will use up the rest of it but man, I would never buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I am always on the lookout for a good concealer! Concealers are something that I use every day amd part of my go to routine to brighten my eyes and my face overall. I was really excited to try the NARS concealer because I had heard some good things about this brand. I bought this in "Amande" which is Medium Dark 4.
    I think the color is SLIGHTLY off to use as under eye concealer... It is a LITTLE too dark and doesnt give me the bright look that I usually get from my MAC prolongwear in NC45. I use it more to cover blemishes.
    It also creases A LOT. I find it very drying and not moisturizing at all and it settles into my fine lines. Not a cute look... Even if I use a powder or a base underneath, it wont prevent the creasing from happening mid-day.
    It's unfortunate because I had high hopes for this product.
    I do give 5 lippies for the packaging. Its useful for touch-ups and on the go applications.

I am using it until it runs out, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I just bought my second tube of this so I figured it was safe to write a review on it now. That one tube lasted me almost a year with everyday use! I use this primarily underneath my eyes, and it's creamy enough for that area and does not crease like some other creamy concealers. It also semi-sets itself so I can use less powder to set it (it takes a few moments for it to semi-set, so you still have adequate play-time to blend). I always powder under my eyes but I think some users might not need to powder this (depending on skin).

Great coverage, at least medium buildable (two layers at the most to get full). Gives that flawless look that I thought the Bobbi Brown concealer would give me but didn't. I have also tried this to cover spots on my face here and there as needed and it worked just as well on the face. I don't normally need concealer on my face but it's nice to know I have this if I need to.

Overall it's an all-in-one great product for whatever I need to cover. Reasonably priced ($28), good packaging (doe-foot applicator). Long lasting on the face and in the tube. Buy again? Definitely.

on 12/8/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I seriously need to find a dupe for this, I love it so much

I use concealer only most days, and have Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, and the Maybelline that is supposed to be a dupe.

This is the best. If I need more coverage or chagne of color I mix a tad with my LM or EL concealers.

The thing I hate is the price. It is grossly overpriced.

Love the texture color everything but the price

Will re purchase

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I am a NARS addict, so I was eager to try this when it came out. I initially tried 'cacao' was a dead on match for my foundation shade (Sheer Glow Tortuga) so I opted to go one shade lighter and bought 'cafe'.

I really like the formula, and find that one applicator full of product is more than enough to highlight my under eye area. I did not experience any sort of creasing, it is truly opaque, and it blends beautifully with my foundation. I found that it's not too dense nor too light, and has full-day longevity. I will say that it dries fairly quickly, so work fast. I like blending with a moist stippling brush, and set with powder.

The product is housed in a clear tube, with a black rubberized top, and has a doe foot applicator. I am not a fan of the applicator.

The only other liquid concealer I have to compare this to is MAC's Select Cover-Up, and that creases like a crumpled up piece of paper. This far out performed that.