NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 6/26/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have had dark circles for years and they have only got worse with age. Nars Creamy Concealer is the right consistency, not so thin as not to have any pigmentation, not so thick as to not be blendable and settle into my fine lines-unless I overdo it.. I like the colour range-I use Macadamia, but earlier I mixed Ginger and Custard (now wondering what that would taste like, probably pretty good)-I'm glad more companies are realising there are so many WoC who buy makeup and giving us more shades. I'm about an NC30 at present, but get to an NC25 at times and to an NC35 in the height of summer and it matches well and looks very natural. It is buildable, so don't apply it all at once, wait for it to dry and then dab on a little again. Focus on the darkest areas, usually close to the nose. One of my main gripes is that it doesn't stay on all day, probably about 5 or 6 hours, even though I wear it over eye cream and primer. One day, they will be able to fix dark circles, until then, we need concealer.

on 6/20/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this concealer twice and it last me a very long time. I would say that the concealer is great for a brightening affect on me. I have very dark circle, their hereditary for the women in my family. Although I love the Nars concealer it might not be strong enough for the circles I have in my face but I do mix it to get a brightening affect and wear it alone on "natural" make up days.

on 1/27/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I’ve only owned this product for two days, but I can say I am very pleased with the concealing coverage and color match, but not so much with its staying power. Price ($30) is good for a product in a skinny lip gloss or mascara tube. I’m 50+ AA woman with oily skin. Apparently my skin tone is a few shades lighter than Rihanna’s (I bought Fenty Foundation, but that’s another review). The only areas I want to conceal are my dark purplish hereditary under eye circles. In 40+ years of wearing makeup, I have never found a concealer that made me happy. This one does for about four hours at a time. The sales rep at Sephora said it has “color correcting” properties. That was the reason she didn’t suggest the less expensive concealer stick Nars makes. I didn’t try it. This product came in a skinny tube with an applicator wand that has a sponge tip. There is not that much product in the tube. It’s such a thin tube. I blended it with my fingertips and a sponge. I couldn’t believe how well it covered my circles. They were gone! The coverage lasted until about lunch. I had left it at home so couldn’t reapply. There was a ghost of concealer. I think it is too expensive at $30 a tube, but if I can’t find something better, I will probably buy again. I don’t have another 40 years to look for a substitute!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I decided to re-write an old review because I've changed my mind about this completely. I loved it when I first got it, then after wear, watching my undertones more and including a more dewy foundation I just can't get on with it.

The formula is quite nice. It is very creamy, incredibly easy to blend and isn't at all flat- it really does look radiant. I'd say for a concealer it has medium coverage, which is just not enough for my particular brand of crazy dark circles. The lightest shade (chantilly) is also too yellow for my liking and other more neutral options are too dark. I'd more class it as a cool yellow though, so you more yellow toned cool peeps might love the shade. Personally though I need something like a cool neutral.

My main problem with this is the creasing. DEAR GODS THE CREASING. I've tried my newer foundation without this and had no problems at all, but with this I crease like absolute crazy. I have tried every method to work with the formula but I just can't. Powder first, Powder then primer, Powder after, Powder sacrifices to the great lord satan- just nothing works. I have large-ish round eyes so I have a small amount of deep natural lines under my eyes which have been there since childhood, i'm not sure if it would be as bad with fine lines caused by age but it might be something to take into account.

All in all, this just isn't worth the money for me any more.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have no idea what took me so long to try this - might be because I have been using another NARS concealer (soft matte). As the air gets dryer this Fall, I was looking for something more creamy in texture. I'm using it in Creme Brulee, and it blends beautifully with my skin tone. I know others often use this as a highlighter, so they go one shade or two lighter, but I am looking to truly conceal and wanted a match that would blend into my skin. I like the texture and haven't found it drying. This is my new go-to.

on 8/19/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a decent product. A good one even if you can make it work for you. The coverage is good, it definitely is radiant. But it has a tendency to emphasize lines and make your under eyes look dry. I find that when my skin is in a good condition, i.e., hydrated and flake-free, this works beautifully. But if your undereyes are dry, this will magnify it and make it look worse. And please don't apply it like youtubers and do those huge triangles. That's a recipe for caking and creasing. Work your way up with thin layers. This is quite pigmented, you probably need less than you think you do. I apply this only after I prime my undereyes. I blend it carefully and set it with the RCMA no color powder. You have to work fast since this concealer sets quite fast. Don't set it with powder before you've blended away any creasing. This works quite well on acne scarring. I found that it didn't hide my active acne completely. I also use this on my no-foundation days. I just dab this under my eyes, around the nose, chin, the center of my forehead and sometimes cheeks if I have redness from scarring and blend it out with my beauty blender. It looks very natural. I don't hate this product, I've even purchased this 3 times. But I would probably explore other concealers after I use mine up.

Update: Okay I've changed my mind. I ventured out and tried some other cult favorite concealers and all of them performed worse than the Nars one. Or maybe its because my skin is behaving quite well these days. I'm on tazorac right now and once the drying and flaking phase was over, it inexplicably started making my skin oily (I'm not complaining! My skin was like the Sahara desert). This glides on smoothly and is perfect for those no-makeup makeup days. I'm sticking to this one until something so phenomenal comes along that it blows this one out of the water.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A great concealer. Full coverage without bunching under the eyes. Best applied with a beauty sponge and set with a powder.

on 3/28/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many under eye concealers that I've lost count but the most recent were IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye and Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle concealer and NARS blew them out of the water! I speak from experience when I say that when it comes to concealer, spend the extra money and get the best! I don't feel that way about things like lipstick, mascara or eyeliner but when it comes to foundation and concealer, absolutely! This is definitely an HG concealer!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 10/25/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this concealer it's creamy , glowy and covers my undereye circles well I use it in my tzone as well and it covers pores and leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish which makes me look younger and more awake. If you want more matte look a setting powder is required to apply on top. I got the color 2.5 creme brulee (nc30).