NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 8/19/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a decent product. A good one even if you can make it work for you. The coverage is good, it definitely is radiant. But it has a tendency to emphasize lines and make your under eyes look dry. I find that when my skin is in a good condition, i.e., hydrated and flake-free, this works beautifully. But if your undereyes are dry, this will magnify it and make it look worse. And please don't apply it like youtubers and do those huge triangles. That's a recipe for caking and creasing. Work your way up with thin layers. This is quite pigmented, you probably need less than you think you do. I apply this only after I prime my undereyes. I blend it carefully and set it with the RCMA no color powder. You have to work fast since this concealer sets quite fast. Don't set it with powder before you've blended away any creasing. This works quite well on acne scarring. I found that it didn't hide my active acne completely. I also use this on my no-foundation days. I just dab this under my eyes, around the nose, chin, the center of my forehead and sometimes cheeks if I have redness from scarring and blend it out with my beauty blender. It looks very natural. I don't hate this product, I've even purchased this 3 times. But I would probably explore other concealers after I use mine up.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really like this concealer- It has really good coverage for my dark circles and with some colour correcting it all but gets rid of them, score! I have combo skin and my undereye area had always been a pain for me- I have some dry skin and some oily patches there, but I didn't find it dried out my skin much at all. I've tried quite a few concealers and I've always had a pretty big problem with creasing and smudging even with baking and setting, but I've had 0 problems with this one. I think going a bit higher end worked out.

I got the shade Chantilly hoping it would be a tad lighter than my skin for highlighting a little, but if you're very pale like I am the shade is basically a skin match. I can't complain too much though, now I use it for covering imperfections and the occasional spot and I think I prefer using it like this and highlighting with something else.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A great concealer. Full coverage without bunching under the eyes. Best applied with a beauty sponge and set with a powder.

on 3/28/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many under eye concealers that I've lost count but the most recent were IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye and Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle concealer and NARS blew them out of the water! I speak from experience when I say that when it comes to concealer, spend the extra money and get the best! I don't feel that way about things like lipstick, mascara or eyeliner but when it comes to foundation and concealer, absolutely! This is definitely an HG concealer!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 10/25/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this concealer it's creamy , glowy and covers my undereye circles well I use it in my tzone as well and it covers pores and leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish which makes me look younger and more awake. If you want more matte look a setting powder is required to apply on top. I got the color 2.5 creme brulee (nc30).

on 7/3/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used this concealer for a couple of months now, and I don't understand why people rave so much about it. I mean it's not awful but considering how pricey it is, there are definitely better and cheaper alternatives. When you first apply it, it looks alright, but after blending it in, it goes on patchy and looks really dry. I use quite a lot of a good eye cream so I don't understand why it looks so drying. My friend says the same about this concealer. I'm probably not gonna repurchase this, and I'll just stick with my MAC studio finish concealer.
I guess overall it's not that bad but yeah not my cup of tea.

on 6/13/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a while to jump on this bandwagon, but when I saw that Sephora carried mini/travel size versions of these I decided to give it a whirl. Good thing I didn't take the plunge and purchase the full size because my skin does not like this product.

When I first purchased and tried this, I kind of was ok with it. To me it seemed like a dupe for Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer, which I really I found to be a pretty good product for under the eyes and for contouring. As I continued to play with the Nars concealer, I noticed it was a bit dryer than Maybelline's, a bit more difficult to blend in/out, and that it was emphasizing the texture of my dry skin. By mid-day I felt I looked more tired than I truly was due to the drying effect of this concealer. Even with a beauty blender, I feel this just doesn't blend in very well. It's dry, crumbly, and will separate and settle into lines. This is just too high maintenance for me - I don't wanna screw around with different applications and tools, or prepping and priming to the hilt at 6 am. I definitely do not feel it is worth the $29.00 price tag.

on 5/15/2016 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Over the past 3 years, I keep trying to find replacements for this concealer and I have failed every time. This concealer is my holy grail, sadly it costs the earth but I have a tip on making the most of your purchase! More on that later.

This concealer is pretty full coverage. I actually prefer this to my MUFE full cover concealer because it's way more blendable but only a notch or so below in coverage. It does have a very beautiful concsitency and finish. It lasts all day for me and doesn't crease (I do set it with powder though). It works well under the eyes and on blemishes. You really don't need very much, just apply a dab and blend away. This can get cakey if you're not careful (hence the 4 instead of 5 lippies) so I wouldn't recommend this for the highligthing tecnique people on youtube use. It's very high coverage and expensive, why waste it on highlighting? I'd say use a lighter coverage concealer for something light that (rimmel match perfection perhaps).

I use this concealer with a tinted moisturizer or light coverage foundation and end up with flawless skin. I have hyperpigmentation to deal with and the occasional break out. A tube of this lasts me a year. But here's how! Remove the stopper from the tube when you can't get product out! You'll have months and months of product to use. I just use a pair of old tweezers to remove the stopper. With this trick, the procut is definitely worth the price. Plenty of product and incredible coverage means a tube will last ages.

Love it and I'm going to try and make myself stop buying and trying other concealers. Just not worth the money and wasted effort. Sticking to this gem!

Oh, the Sephora serum concealer was recommended to me as a dupe. It really isn't a dupe. The consistency is more liquidy and not as creamy and crease free. It's also not as high coverage. If you do enjoy the highlighting-with-concealer trend, the Sephora serum concealer would be good for that I think.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is expensive but amazing and long lasting so I would not think twice about repurchasing. I bought it in the shade 'Chantilly' which is perfect for my skin tone (nc10-nc15) as it is slightly lighter and also yellow toned. I know there are many similar products out there, probably for a fraction of the price, but if you are as pale as I am this is the only one which will work for you!