NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 10/25/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this concealer it's creamy , glowy and covers my undereye circles well I use it in my tzone as well and it covers pores and leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish which makes me look younger and more awake. If you want more matte look a setting powder is required to apply on top. I got the color 2.5 creme brulee (nc30).

on 7/3/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used this concealer for a couple of months now, and I don't understand why people rave so much about it. I mean it's not awful but considering how pricey it is, there are definitely better and cheaper alternatives. When you first apply it, it looks alright, but after blending it in, it goes on patchy and looks really dry. I use quite a lot of a good eye cream so I don't understand why it looks so drying. My friend says the same about this concealer. I'm probably not gonna repurchase this, and I'll just stick with my MAC studio finish concealer.
    I guess overall it's not that bad but yeah not my cup of tea.

on 6/13/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a while to jump on this bandwagon, but when I saw that Sephora carried mini/travel size versions of these I decided to give it a whirl. Good thing I didn't take the plunge and purchase the full size because my skin does not like this product.

When I first purchased and tried this, I kind of was ok with it. To me it seemed like a dupe for Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer, which I really I found to be a pretty good product for under the eyes and for contouring. As I continued to play with the Nars concealer, I noticed it was a bit dryer than Maybelline's, a bit more difficult to blend in/out, and that it was emphasizing the texture of my dry skin. By mid-day I felt I looked more tired than I truly was due to the drying effect of this concealer. Even with a beauty blender, I feel this just doesn't blend in very well. It's dry, crumbly, and will separate and settle into lines. This is just too high maintenance for me - I don't wanna screw around with different applications and tools, or prepping and priming to the hilt at 6 am. I definitely do not feel it is worth the $29.00 price tag.

on 5/15/2016 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Over the past 3 years, I keep trying to find replacements for this concealer and I have failed every time. This concealer is my holy grail, sadly it costs the earth but I have a tip on making the most of your purchase! More on that later.

This concealer is pretty full coverage. I actually prefer this to my MUFE full cover concealer because it's way more blendable but only a notch or so below in coverage. It does have a very beautiful concsitency and finish. It lasts all day for me and doesn't crease (I do set it with powder though). It works well under the eyes and on blemishes. You really don't need very much, just apply a dab and blend away. This can get cakey if you're not careful (hence the 4 instead of 5 lippies) so I wouldn't recommend this for the highligthing tecnique people on youtube use. It's very high coverage and expensive, why waste it on highlighting? I'd say use a lighter coverage concealer for something light that (rimmel match perfection perhaps).

I use this concealer with a tinted moisturizer or light coverage foundation and end up with flawless skin. I have hyperpigmentation to deal with and the occasional break out. A tube of this lasts me a year. But here's how! Remove the stopper from the tube when you can't get product out! You'll have months and months of product to use. I just use a pair of old tweezers to remove the stopper. With this trick, the procut is definitely worth the price. Plenty of product and incredible coverage means a tube will last ages.

Love it and I'm going to try and make myself stop buying and trying other concealers. Just not worth the money and wasted effort. Sticking to this gem!

Oh, the Sephora serum concealer was recommended to me as a dupe. It really isn't a dupe. The consistency is more liquidy and not as creamy and crease free. It's also not as high coverage. If you do enjoy the highlighting-with-concealer trend, the Sephora serum concealer would be good for that I think.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is expensive but amazing and long lasting so I would not think twice about repurchasing. I bought it in the shade 'Chantilly' which is perfect for my skin tone (nc10-nc15) as it is slightly lighter and also yellow toned. I know there are many similar products out there, probably for a fraction of the price, but if you are as pale as I am this is the only one which will work for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is such a great concealer. I have extremely pale skin and have never in my life been able to find a concealer a shade lighter than my skin tone, but Chantilly is just that! I use Chantilly for highlighting and the next shade darker for concealing blemishes and scars. It has a creamy consistency, full coverage and wears extremely well. I have found that it can crease under the eye, but if I set that area with powder straight after applying then it's all good. Not as light reflecting as some other concealers, but it highlights (particularly under the eyes) beautifully. Yes, it's on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way so I can see this lasting a long time.
    I recommend it to pale gals (or guys!) who have difficulty finding a light enough shade, people with seriously dark under eye circles, those who want to cover up acne or scars or anyone who wants a heavy-duty, full coverage concealer - everyone, really!

on 3/31/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have pretty good skin and my under eye circles aren't terrible so, for a long time, I didn't use concealers because I thought they caused more problems than they fixed. NARS Creamy Radiant and Maybelline Age-Rewind have totally changed my perspective on concealer, which is now a regular part of my beauty routine.

I've tried a few HE concealers (Lancome, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Clinique...) and this is my favorite so far. I use it along with Tarte Smooth Operator setting powder or the Laura Mercier setting powder. Together, the two are a pretty ace combination. My under eye circles aren't terrible, so I use this concealer mostly as an under eye brightener and even a highlighter on bridge of my nose sometimes. It looks pretty natural, doesn't highlight fine lines too much or crease badly, and since it is medium-high coverage, it effectively covers the redness around my nose. On a day-to-day basis, I do my brows, then use this with some mascara and I'm good to go. I bought my first tube last April and it has just started drying up on me. It would probably last about 3-4 months with regular use. Another huge advantage is that NARS nailed their color selection. I love how Ginger looks on my skin and it's been hard to find other concealers in the same shade. It's supposed to be medium with golden undertones, but compared to other golden/yellow undertoned concealers, Ginger looks more pink, which is what I think makes it such an excellent corrector and brightener.

The only thing I don't like about NARS Creamy Radiant is the doe foot applicator, which I think wastes product and introduces too much air, thereby drying out the product. Since I use a brush to apply my concealer anyway, I would rather just squeeze it out of a tube and dab it on as needed, then blend. Still, I would repurchase, although now that I'm a concealer girl, I'm also eager to try some new concealers! But if I don't find something that works just as well while also being packaged better I could totally see myself coming back to this.

on 3/25/2016 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because of all the hype. It did not work for me. I used it on my under eyes and blemishes. It settled in to my fine lines with the quickness even though I set it with powder. On my blemishes...ew. They just made them look crusty. I never found a way for this stuff to work for me so thank goodness for Sephora's return policy.

on 1/14/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this concealer solely for highlighting and not for concealing so my review is going to be limiting. But for highlighting purposes, I absolutely LOVE it! I use the colour Ginger under my eyes and set it with a powder and the finished look is gorgeous. It really brightens and makes you look radiant. I haven't experienced any creasing and it blends really well. I'd definitely be willing to try it for the purpose of concealing dark circles and blemishes but I would need to get a different shade for that.