NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing product! so full coverage and easy to blend. Is a bit pricey but when its a concealer like this i dont mind.

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Yeah, no. This is not working for me. Having used this pretty much daily since I posted this review, I find that it creases under my eyes no matter how much setting spray or setting powder I use. Then I tried using it for all over coverage on my discoloration and ended up with pimples everywhere I applied it. Boo hiss. I went back and bought Shape Tape, so we'll see how that goes.

TLDR: This was a complete and total impulse buy. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I find no faults with it and will use it until it's gone. I think it's worth trying if you want smooth dark circle coverage.

So this wasn't planned. I wanted something new for my undereyes and went into Sephora with the intention of trying Tarte Shape Tape. (Fun fact! Sephora doesn't carry it; I didn't realize this.) Anyways, a sales rep recommended the NARS concealer to me instead so this is what I have now.

I bought it in the color Creme Brûlée which honestly may be a fraction dark for me right now, but it was the only "cool" light tone. I find that if I pat in a thin swipe of my light Maybelline dark circle corrector it helps balance out the tone. I've applied it both with fingertips and with a beauty blender and it blends out nicely either way.

The coverage is fine but not mind-blowing, it does successfully brighten up my dark undereyes. I've not had any issues with it looking cakey or dry, and the creasing is minimal. It blends on very smooth actually. I've also not noticed it oxidizing or anything weird. As easily as concealers break me out, I've worn this one daily for a week and had no acne issues from it.

Overall it's OK. I like it enough that I'll finish the tube. I don't know if I'll purchase it again after this since I'd still like to try Tarte, but I think it's fine.

on 1/25/2018 6:00:00 PM

This stuff is pricey... however... it's the only concealer I've found thus far that I can use around my eye area. I've tried nearly every other raved about concealer that's both made for the undereyes and not and this is the only one that doesn't make my eye area look like a desert. I don't even have a ton of wrinkles around my eyes but it is on the dryer side so concealers typically cake up and extenuate every line. This stuff is a thin enough consistency but has a decent amount of coverage. It also works on blemishes but I typically use the Tape Shape for that because I can't use TS for my dark bags and that's what I bought it for. (basically I want to use it up)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This might deserve a 3.5 or 4.5 star, depends on the user really.

I have fair skin with cool/pink undertone. On a scale of 1 lightest - 10 darkest purple, I would give my eye circles a 7 on an average day. I accepted by now there's no way I can cover my circles with just one or even two products and have it match the rest of my skin color. I bought Chantilly although that one is said to be for warm undertone. Vanilla, which was the recommend shade for me, suited better for my skin color but since I have to apply something else both under and on top of the concealer on my eyelid area, Chantilily worked better with the other products I have.

The texture is good for smooth, normal-to-oily skin. It feels a little dry on dry skin if you don't use a moisturizer/primer beforehand. It doesn't fill in fine lines - or let's say does it less than the other concealers, all of them fill in a bit. It does a good job covering and indeed has some bright look but like I said, when you're like me and have to apply something else on top of the concealer to cover dark circles, it doesn't mean much if the concealer has a bright look, does it?

My conclusion: I would definitely recommend trying this at a store, it's a good concealer. But if you're on a budget, I'd also suggest thinking twice if it's worth the price for you. By my judgement, if your dark circles are not very dark, you find a shade in the line that matches your skin tone AND you like a little bright look... I mean if you can use this concealer alone and get the look you want, it's worth the price. I loooved the bright look.

This concealer's price is 130 in my country's currency. M.A.C. concealers for example start from 52 and between 52 and 130, they have 11 different line of concealers with different textures. I'm not a fan of MAC at all but only looking at the performance at covering dark circles, there was no difference between a cheaper MAC concealer and this one from NARS. I can't use either of them alone. In cases like this I don't think NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer's price is worth it. At least not if you will use it daily so the product won't last long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I'm not sure why it's called radiant, it's flat matte.
The color selection is somehow poor. I have a neutral light-medium skin and the single shade that works with my skin tone is Vanilla. Salesperson advised me to get it, but it turned out to be way too light and there was nothing I could replace it with.
My under eye skin is dry and applying moisturizer underneath doesn't make this concealer look natural. It looks dry and powdery even with no setting powder. It creases directly.
If you don't have dry skin and if you can find a shade match this concealer might be a really good one. The coverage is definitely there and you don't need to use a lot.

on 1/20/2018 12:28:00 AM

This goes right under my eye bags and stay put! I got the shade "caramel", it`s such a beautiful nude color, im tempted to use on lips!! Def my HG from now on, wish I got this earlier. My only gripe the price and nars went back to testing on animals :(
Dear Nars, pls dont test on animals!

The sleek packaging is nice for travels and can be confused as a liquid lipstick

Pros
So creamy and the wand goes on well and blendable.

Cons
fades and needs reapplication

Wld def try anor lighter shade like caramel or sthg

Recommend?
Buy and splurge!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought a trial size color Custard (Medium 1) at Sephora .05 oz for $13. I absolutely love this concealer! It covers dark circles and stays put all day. It stays creamy and does not settle into fine lines. The color Custard is a light medium yellow tone which is perfect for my light olive skin. I layer this over the Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector for a flawless & bright-eyed look.

I first used this concealer with a full face of foundation, & truthfully didn't care for it. It just didn't wow me, especially for the price. It sat in my collection for awhile- and I decided to try it out with a more natural face. Some days, I like to look more natural (though I love full out glam most days ❤️) I honestly had troubles finding a concealer that didn't look obvious under my eyes. My skin is clear, and I have tiny under eye circles- but I have blue veins under each of my eyes. I've had them for years, and they have always made me self conscious- they're easily covered with a full face of makeup. This is the only concealer that looks flawless under my eyes. It brightens, covers the blue veins & just looks beautiful. I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. Considering no laser place I've gone to will zap these veins (they're to close to my eyes) I'm really happy with how this looks :) not sure why this doesn't work with any of my foundations - but I'm not complaining.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have tried numerous concealers for under eyes, and this one has to be the best I have used. The price is steep and scary but completely worth it. It is so creamy and just thick enough to provide coverage, but you don't feel it on your skin. It takes seconds to blend and lasts all day on me. I had originally got the mini version to "try", and I used the entire thing up, which is so rare for me. I would recommend just taking the plunge and buying the full size, I don't think you will regret it. It truly works wonders.