NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 1/11/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love NARS concealer!! I use Vanilla and am extremely happy with it. I use to use YSL and NARS takes the prize! It's so creamy and smooth. It's great for highlighting also. It may be pricey but it lasts a long time. Very well worth the price I <3 it!!

on 12/11/2016 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Amazing coverage! I use the color Custard for my NC30 skin tone. It is definitely pricey so if I'm just going out for a couple errands I tend to use it's dupe Maybelline's Fit Me concealer which is a quarter of the price and similar coverage. But for a long day, meeting friends/family, out for dinner, I'll use the NARS concealer!

on 12/10/2016 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty good for highlight and covers dark circles well, a little drying, better in the summer, bit pricey.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this concealer! It is so light, yet at the same time covers up all skin pigmentation issues like nothing. It's amazing to use as a highlighter and under eye concealer. I have not tried it for blemishes as I have only purchased a lighter than my skin tone version of this however I would say it won't cover blemishes as effectively as it is a little light and blends out quiet a lot. It is better to be used on a larger area where you need a concentration of colour and coverage rather than spot concealing.

It runs out quick unfortunately but it's not too that pricey so it's not really a problem. The applicator is quiet rough - that's the only downfall. You can feel the stick through the cushioney bit and it's not my ideal of what I want to touch my face but hey can't have everything my way.

Overall I don't think I will even bother looking in to replacements for this, I will be using it over and over for a long time!

on 11/11/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm NC20 and got the vanilla shade to use for under-eyes.

Colour match was good.

Coverage was good.

Formula lasts.

VERY drying and made my under-eyes look very old! I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to my beloved Cle de Peau and this isn't it.

This might be very good for areas other than under-eyes, but thats all I use a concealer for so for me this product is a loser.

on 11/8/2016 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used this concealer for years. I use 2 shades, one to conceal and one to brighten/highlight my undereye area. I have not been disappointed. It applies beautifully and does not end up stacking up in creases and does the job: conceals (good coverage). I use a beautyblender to blend it in.

The only prob I find with this is also something which applies to similar products, you pay quite a bit for the product but you cannot get as much out when it is almost over. Someone has a suggestion for this?

on 11/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer because I had heard so many good things about it. Many people said that it didn't exaggerate dry patches (and my eyes lit up because I have very dry skin) and that it didn't crease. So I went out and bought it in "Custard", not to highlight but just as an overall concealer. The colour match was pretty perfect and the packaging was very high-end. I must say that I loved the packaging most out of everything about it. The tube was sturdy unlike my "Wake Me Up" concealer by Rimmel and it felt like it was high-quality material.

I found the formula quite drying. I accentuated my dry patches (which was pretty much everywhere) and I couldn't use it without applying a primer beforehand. The consistency is pretty think (hence, the term "Creamy") and I preferred my Rimmel concealer because it was much lighter and easier to blend just a tad bit. The next day, I would break out with tiny red pimples wherever I applied it. I was so disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it just like everybody else.

Pros:
* Packaging
* Quite a large range of colours for different skin tones
* No overwhelming fragrance (couldn't detect any actually)
* Amazing coverage

Cons:
* Accentuated dry patches
* Broke me out after every use
* Quite expensive
* Blending was a little difficult but not impossible

on 10/26/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use this concealer for my face on days when I am too lazy to go all out with foundation. I use custard for my entire face and Chantilly for under my eyes and sort of as a highlighter. I use a beauty blender to blend in and it works great. Then I use a finishing powder and boom I am finished in under a minute compared to maybe 3-5 with foundation.

on 10/8/2016 12:00:00 PM

This product doesn't quite do it for me. I primarily use it under the eyes. I think I would be happier if it were a bit lighter shade. If I use too much product, I find that it can pill and settle into lines. It is a bit thick and heavy for the amount of makeup I wear everyday. The best application is probably with a beautyblender. If you need a heavy handed concealer, this is a good one to try, but I think I will pass when I run out.

So I never actually bought this but got one of the ladies in Space NK to put some on me. I hated it! Radiant and creamy? More like thick and heavy. I left it on to see what it was like in different lighting. A few hours later I looked in the mirror and my undereyes where all crepey! I mean it was all dry and you could see so many lines and I normaly have oily skin issues on my T-zone.

The lighter colours in the range aren't that great either. Chantilly is the palest and leans yellow and Vanilla is darkerer and leans more pink. Vanilla seemed to match my skin colour the best (cool tone leaning a bit neutral, NW20).

Not worth the £22.50 price tag. There's way more concealers out there that do a better job. I've been trying out the Maybelline Fit Me concealer (15 - Fair) recently. It's supposedly a dupe for NARS but bizarrely the Maybelline one is much better! Much more smooth and creamy and never left my skin all crepey and dry.

I sorta feel bad writing a review on a product I never actually bought but just wanted to warn others to definitely try before you buy. It may well work better for you than it did for me.