NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

This, along with Lancome Effacernes, are my two favorite concealers of all time. I don't wear foundation, so I don't mind splurging a little on my concealer. First, the shade "Chantilly" is perfect for my pale neutral skintone. Also love the coverage and finish, which is not too matte, but not greasy either. For the same price ($30), you get a lot more product with Lancome Effacernes, but the doe foot applicator makes Nars much easier/faster to apply, both under eyes and on any blemishes. Wears well, and does not magnify fine lines under eyes like many concealers do. On my second tube, so yes, I'd repurchase.

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.

on 3/1/2017 12:47:00 AM

This was my first step into higher end makeup. This was my upgrade from the Maybelline FitMe Concealer and I found that this definitely had staying power on any dark spots or acne that needed clearing up. This concealer seemed to not do so well for my undereye circles, but I made it work up until I accidentally dropped it and shattered it.

Never in my life had I hoped for a product to be Maybelline than NARS until that moment.

on 2/28/2017 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The best undereye concealer. Desperate to re purchase once I get through another one or two of my concealers. It blends like a dream and the shade range is so good.

on 2/17/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this concealer might be okay for spot concealing, and props for creating a shade light enough for super pale folks, but as an under-eye concealer, it was horrible. I don't have that many fine lines but it settled into all of them immediately. I regret buying it.

on 2/17/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This was the first concealer that I'd ever used that didn't highlight dryness or flakiness (excluding my undereye area). It's great for covering up general redness or the occasional pimple - leaving a very natural skinlike finish. Its ability to look natural while being a fuller coverage product is quite impressive. It has average wear time on me (fading after around 5 hours) and is not as tenacious as my new favorite for this type of general concealing - the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (I have reviewed this as well).

I am an olive NC20ish and found Custard was an ok match. This product has quite a good shade range for light to medium skin tones now they've added additional shades to the range since I purchased this product. I would buy one shade lighter if I were to repurchase. I also like that this is fragrance free.

What I don't like: While I had hoped this could be a great multipurpose concealer used both on my face and under the eyes, it is much too drying for my under eye area. It gives my undereye a crepe-y appearance. The colour was also too yellow for use on my purple-y dark circles - it gave a grey look. Side note: I am yet to find a great under eye concealer as yet.

I also find that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC PLW concealer as noted above - the MAC does a better job of maintaining coverage of a few broken capillaries that I have on my nose even though they're right where my sunglasses sit. Another annoyance worth noting is that this is marketed as a 'radiant' concealer when it has no radiance to it whatsoever. It's very much a natural matte finish on my drier skin type.

Overall, it's a slightly above average product that I probably won't buy again when there are so many concealers out there and I'd rather try something new. However if you are looking for a fuller coverage concealer that has a skin like finish then this is worth checking out. I would suggest it's more suitable for normal to combination skins.

I fell into the hype of this one. Honestly i dont feel like its the best concealer but it is okay. On my skin it just always looks heavy and cakey i dont know why. Ive tried different setting powders, baking, applying with sponge,brush,fingers etc but it still just looks cakey. Oh and weirdly ,it doesnt oxidize under my eyes but when i wanna spot conceal it does. I dont think i will blame the product for that, i guess it really depends on the person's skin; just thought i would mention it here. It does cover well but i just really dont like to look like i've got heavy makeup under my eyeballs. Good thing i only bought a sample size. I will use it til the last drop though coz i want every penny's use out of it (its expensive,okay?). I do have to say though, the packaging is beautiful. Will not repurchase, and will not recommend ;(.

on 1/24/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a thick concealer that is very opaque. While it covers a lot, on my dry type skin it always ends up looking caked and cracked, no matter how I apply it (fingers, brush, damp sponge). Additionally, likely due to the dryness of my skin, this can be difficult to blend. I used my entire tube -- which took just over a year, but I don't put it on anything other than a few small acne scars once or twice a week.

If one were to apply this under the eyes, to highlight, or in any way more liberally than me this could last 3 months tops.There is so little product. Only 6 mL. It's crazy.

If you have oily or combo skin I see how this could be lovely, since the coverage is so high and the shades are beautiful. The formula simply is not suited to dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very good concealer, probably one of the best I have used in the last couple years. I first bought this not long after it came out, however I'm not using it currently. When I bought it initially, I mistakenly bought a shade that had an orange undertone rather than one with a yellow undertone. I am very pale with quite discoloured under eye circles that look very purply/brownish, almost bruise-like. I find that yellow better corrects this type of discolouration than orange, which works better for blue circles. This concealer did have very good coverage and did not seem to make my under eye area look very dehydrated, which is an issue I am prone to. I did notice that it could start to look cakey when not blended properly, and emphasized some small texture issues (especially if the under eye area was not hydrated before hand). On myself, I would not use this to cover blemishes as it seemed to emphasize them and wear off very quickly, however I did not buy it for this purpose. I am currently finishing up another concealer and plan on trying others as I continue my search for the HG under eye concealer, however I would definitely repurchase in the future if I do not find anything better.