NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 8/19/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Meh, I wanted to like it but it creased about the same as drugstore concealers I have used. the colour selection is nice though, it's hard to find fair and yellow based concealers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. Here I go hating on yet another product that gets rave reviews from almost everyone on the Internet! :( I really wanted to love this product...I really did. However, it made my undereye area look super crepey, regardless of my application technique. I didn't feel right throwing out such a pricey product, so I decided to try it on my jawline and cheeks to cover some old discolorations. Bad idea: it accentuated my pores and broke me out all 3 times I wore it on my face. :( Extremely disappointed.

The only good thing to come out of this concealer: I ended up trying and LOVING Maybelline Fit Me concealer after hearing that it was a dupe for this one! The Maybelline Fit Me is so much more affordable, makes my undereye area look smooth, and I can use it to cover discolorations on the rest of my face without breaking out! What's more, Fit Me shade 120 matches my skintone far better than Nars Radiant Creamy Vanilla.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works good on me for minimal mu days when I do just a few things like tinted sunscreen or moisturizer, concealer, and a little mascara. It isn't full coverage so I don't care to use it with a full eye mu, because it doesn't fully cover discolorations. But it does last all day without shifting or fading, and doesn't settle into my fine lines. I sometimes forget I have it on, and haven't had any issues whatsoever.
I hesitated to say that I would buy this again. It reminds me of Revlon colorstay concealer, I may get some just to compare the two, but must keep in mind the limited color range could knock it back down to an ok rating.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My favorite high end concealer! Easy to blend, full coverage, not creasing on my undereye, last all day! I love it so much.. The only downside is just it's quite pricey.. But I think it's totally worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i really did like this concealer, i do like a high coverage concealer but this is a really natural-medium coverage. The only reason i didnt like this is because im really pale and i got the lightest shade and it oxidised soooo badly on my skintone. Literally went from white to bright orange in 10 seconds and since i have acne i had orange spots all over my face. Would not reccomend if your skin relates to mine!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the deluxe sample size (13$) in the shade Vanilla and I'm very glad i didn't buy the full-size tube. I have very noticeable blue-purple undereye circles and my undereye area has fine lines that crease naturally (without having mature skin). This was simply too creamy for my undereyes to handle and it caked up and emphasized my fine lines and creased pretty badly when powdered.

The main reason I don't like it is the price and the wide availability of better, cheaper alternatives. I can find good concealers at the drugstore that do better on me than this concealer and even my HG - pro-longwear from MAC - is less expensive. Even something with less coverage, when paired with a corrector, looks much better. As for a drugstore dupe for this, the milani one in the squeeze tube is a very similar creamy formula that I'd recommend trying out first.

I'd recommend this only if you have naturally crease-free undereyes that are generally dry.

on 5/14/2017 12:50:00 AM

My HG concealer, covers everything from dark circles to spots and blemishes. I am on my 3rd tube already. I am a MAC NC 15 and Vanilla for this. Sometimes if the blemishes are bad, I will apply MAC first and layer on with this and the coverage is awesome. For dark circles, I use a pink color corrector from Urban decay before applying this and both really work well together to brighten the under eye area.

on 4/9/2017 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am in the minority, because so many people love this product. I didn't! I bought it at Macy's during a ten percent off day (I had such fun, and spent much too much money). I got the shade Creme Brulee. Basically, I found this very drying. I like many Nars products but I can't understand all the great reviews. I just need something to cover up my bluish undereye circles which are very pronouced. I don't think anything radiant is great for undereyes. Radiance draws attention, I want to focus attention on something other than my dark circles. In a nutshell, it failed for me. The search goes on.......

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.