NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/12/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on a recommendation by a friend - I'd been using 3CE Concealer, but the shade didn't match, and it tended to go very, very flaky within a few hours. I headed down to the NARS counter at the shopping centre, and was recommended the concealer in Cannelle.

This is a tube with a doe foot applicator, which suits me just fine - I usually like to blend concealer with my fingers anyway, and it does save time when I'm re-touching my makeup on the go.

From the get-go, the shade did match my skin, down to the tee. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and almost never goes cakey or flaky on my skin. For under my eyes though, it does tend to settle in my undereye creases, but I've always had that problem for most concealers, from Makeup Forever to Bobbi Brown. If I don't set the concealer with powder though, it won't crease as often.

The coverage for this concealer is also amazing. If I'm feeling lazy, I just go out with nothing but my sunscreen, this concealer, and the NARS Multiple, and it will last all day. It covers up my PIH, undereye circles, and the redness around my nose and under my chin. And best of all, you only need a few dots and some blending, and you're ready to go.

It is a little expensive for me and the product you get is less than some other products, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the coverage and how easy it is to use.

on 6/11/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the cult favorite that everyone raves about including my instructor from beauty school. I was hoping it would be the answer to my troubles. It's not.

I have combo skin - dry rosacea patches that are bumpy and dry and redness around my nose where I'm oily. This concealer is formulated to be creamy, but I find it a bit drier than I expected (and definitely drier than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer). The color range is fabulous and the formula can be blended out nicely, provided you've used a good moisturizer and primer. It's not a good product to use on its own. There's some separation by the end of the day, and it's not really that long wearing around my chin/nose.
I wish this was a bit cheaper, but based on the price and performance, even though I've gone through 3 tubes, after this I won't be repurchasing.

I'll start with the fact that I tried this ages ago when it first released. I couldn't find a shade I liked (custard was the closest undertone but too dark). It was too drying on my undereyes. Using it alone looked cakey and aged me drastically. So I returned it.

Fast forward to this year and I bought it a second time recently in Vanilla. It's too light on my skin but I like the coverage. I tend to stick to using it on my nose, redness around my nose, discoloration around my mouth, the broken capillaries by my mouth (looks like: |||), and any healing acne.

I do use the tiniest bit when covering my face. Just the end of the doe foot in the back of my hand. Then I do a second tip of the doe foot on the back of my hand. Then using my ring finger I pat it under my eyes. Focusing on my tear troughs for the most part. Then I use L'Oreal Pro Glow (#1) over it and set it with E.L.F under eye powder. So my under eye looks the most concealed this way. Using the NARS RCC alone is cakey AF on my under eyes.

Is it full coverage? Yes. Does it conceal imperfections? Of course. But it is not crease proof, and it definitely can look a little cakey if too much is applied under the eyes. In my opinion it’s better for blemishes as opposed to dark circles, but for the price, you can get drug store concealers that work just as well!

on 4/30/2018 8:05:00 PM

After I finished my last tube of concealer, I decided to give this a try and see what the hype was all about. I had wanted to purchase this earlier, but NARS did not make a shade that suited my fair, neutral/olive skin tone (NC20) until they recently came out with Creme Brulee. This is definitely a nice concealer, but I don't think it's as amazing as many of us have been led to believe.

Pros:
- Has a nice creamy texture with a satin finish, I would say this has medium coverage
- Great for concealing discoloration all over the face; could be used for highlighting/contour
- This is not reflective or "radiant" per se, but it does provide a sort of brightening effect to the face

Cons:
- Creases and looks papery as the day goes on, even after a healthy dose of eye cream!
- Can become patchy during application, especially when adding more coverage.
- Not the best for severe dark circles; good for brightening the undereye on an average makeup day, but dark circles and bags peek through unless you layer it on.
-Not the most budget-friendly, though it is more affordable than some other concealers it competes with. Not enough bang-for-your-buck for me.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good concealer, but not something I will purchase again. I can see how some people may love this, especially those who don't like anything too heavy or a dewy finish. Perhaps I will have better luck with the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, or something more emollient.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing product! so full coverage and easy to blend. Is a bit pricey but when its a concealer like this i dont mind.

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Yeah, no. This is not working for me. Having used this pretty much daily since I posted this review, I find that it creases under my eyes no matter how much setting spray or setting powder I use. Then I tried using it for all over coverage on my discoloration and ended up with pimples everywhere I applied it. Boo hiss. I went back and bought Shape Tape, so we'll see how that goes.

TLDR: This was a complete and total impulse buy. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I find no faults with it and will use it until it's gone. I think it's worth trying if you want smooth dark circle coverage.

So this wasn't planned. I wanted something new for my undereyes and went into Sephora with the intention of trying Tarte Shape Tape. (Fun fact! Sephora doesn't carry it; I didn't realize this.) Anyways, a sales rep recommended the NARS concealer to me instead so this is what I have now.

I bought it in the color Creme Brûlée which honestly may be a fraction dark for me right now, but it was the only "cool" light tone. I find that if I pat in a thin swipe of my light Maybelline dark circle corrector it helps balance out the tone. I've applied it both with fingertips and with a beauty blender and it blends out nicely either way.

The coverage is fine but not mind-blowing, it does successfully brighten up my dark undereyes. I've not had any issues with it looking cakey or dry, and the creasing is minimal. It blends on very smooth actually. I've also not noticed it oxidizing or anything weird. As easily as concealers break me out, I've worn this one daily for a week and had no acne issues from it.

Overall it's OK. I like it enough that I'll finish the tube. I don't know if I'll purchase it again after this since I'd still like to try Tarte, but I think it's fine.

on 1/25/2018 6:00:00 PM

This stuff is pricey... however... it's the only concealer I've found thus far that I can use around my eye area. I've tried nearly every other raved about concealer that's both made for the undereyes and not and this is the only one that doesn't make my eye area look like a desert. I don't even have a ton of wrinkles around my eyes but it is on the dryer side so concealers typically cake up and extenuate every line. This stuff is a thin enough consistency but has a decent amount of coverage. It also works on blemishes but I typically use the Tape Shape for that because I can't use TS for my dark bags and that's what I bought it for. (basically I want to use it up)