NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 4/3/2017 11:46:00 PM

~Things i loved about product
Covers under eye circles
Blends perfect with MAC brush 286
Doesn't crease under my eyes.
It covers blemishes.

~Things i dislike about product
beauty blender sheers it out to much.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

Quick background: I have combination oily skin, oily T-zone, upper eyelids but dry lower eyelids and cheeks. The products I use must put up with Singapore's hot and humid climate, freezing AC offices and sometimes, my hands (I touch my face a lot. I know, don't judge.) I'm in the shade of NC25-30 and I use Custard for this concealer.

This product retails at SGD$45 at Sephora for 5ml of concealer.

Texture and coverage: It's creamy and blends well. I usually dot all over my face and undereyes before blending it out. The coverage is medium to full, and slightly buildable. Slightly because there are times when it gets cakey when I pile products on. I feel that to make sure it covers well, your base and foundation routine plays a part. With a proper base, it's able to cover some of my pesky acne spots well! A little goes a long way.

Durability: With my skin type, habits and environment listed above, if I stay in the office without touching my face, I think it could last a good 3-4 hours. On my oily nose, not so much, Depending on my primer and foundation combo that day, I expect to touch up my nose every 2 hour. Best bet is to layer powder to seal it in.

Packaging: Pretty standard, with a doe-foot applicator. I like how this is a sleek, slim and squarish tube. Easy to keep in small clutches and purses for girls' night out. And if you're a klutz like me, you'll appreciate how it doesn't roll off tables.

Worth the price?: Well, kinda.. I bought this on a whim because I had some vouchers to offset the cost heh. There's drugstore products with formula similar to this at a fraction of the price. But, if we compare within high end beauty products with similar formula (which many I have not tried lol), I'd repurchase again if other products don't work.

Conclusion: I think for those with normal skin, the touch up would be minimal and you would be able to use this a long, long time. For us oily skin sisters... This might go out fast. But I'm okay with that because of how well it covers up.

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of those concealers that used to be widely raved about but I think it's getting overshadowed by newer concealers with superior formulas (hello, Shape Tape and Bye Bye Under Eye). If you're looking for a thick, high coverage concealer that doesn't fade to nothing when applied with a damp BB, those two are better choices than the RCC. This one is just too dry, so it's harder to blend and makes your undereyes look like cracked clay. However, for me, this does have one saving grace: spot concealing.

This concealer makes your skin look super smooth and flawless, but only in areas with very little to no fine lines. It's actually rare for me to find a concealer that can spot conceal effectively on my dry, flaky skin, but the RCC is creamy enough to do the trick. Because it has an unyielding consistency, it stayed firmly in place instead of doing that annoying thing where concealer bunches up AROUND the damn pimple rather than on top of it. For that purpose, I keep it around despite the high price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this concealer!!! I am a little unorthodox in my application as i like to apply it to blemishes before applying foundation but personally, I find this gives a more natural but still strong coverage on the concealed area. I also use a lighter color of this product for highlighting and for under eyes and it does the job perfectly. I have never come across a concealer that is either high end or drug store that is better than this.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 12/11/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am always on the hunt for my HG concealer, and this one is pretty close to HG right now, the closest I ever got to a HG concealer. It's light, the coverage is great, it's not drying or cakey, it stays put all day once it's set with a light setting powder.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's NARS, so it's in the price range you would expect from something like that.

I use the shade Vanilla, light #2, and it's perfect for my fairer than NW15 skin.

on 11/21/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this concealer! I have never found a concealer that wasnt too peachy or too yellow for my skin until now. I am very fair with neutral undertones and chantilly is the best match ive ever found.

I find this concealer to have great coverage and it doesnt wear off throughout my 12 hour work days. It also doesnt break me out which is a huge plus as I am veeeery acne prone. The only con is that it is not that easy to blend, but i use an elf studio concealer brush and it works well

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My HG under eye concealer. I have very dark shadows under my eyes and I haven't been able to fully cover them with any other concealer, even with several layers. I only need 2-3 layers of this to fully cover my shadows, so it has really excellent coverage. It's extremely blendable thanks to it's creaminess but it's not particularly hydrating. It has a beautiful, natural radiant finish which makes it perfect for highlighting the forehead, nose and chin as well.

I find it starts to wear off a bit after 10-11 hours and on me it creases noticeably after about 7 hours (I usually only get 3-4 hours from a concealer before it creases because I have bad lines below my eyes). It does a little better if I bake it or apply setting powder between each layer of concealer. It doesn't become oily unless I don't set it, and even then I get several hours of wear from it.

At $41AUD it's definitely pricey but considering the incredible coverage and how long lasting it is, it's worth paying for to me. For anyone with light shadows or quite dry skin under their eyes, I wouldn't recommend it.