NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

I have seen/read many reviews on this. Though some said this is a great concealer, yet there were several others who said that this product is 'over-hyped' due to its high price tag when compare to the actual quality it performs.

However.... to me, this product is TOTALLY worth the hype! The full name of this concealer proves it all; "Radiant" , "Creamy" , "Concealer". It does its job perfectly! It conceals my dark circles and does not crease due to its creamy formula.

I saw some Youtubers said that the "NYX HD concealer" is a dupe to this, and I am strongly disagree. NYX HD had a matte-finish which eventually creased my under eyes, and made it looked patchy. While this NARS one does not.

I'm happy that I made the right decision to purchase it, even though I was skeptical for so long!

BTW, I'm Thai and I wear in the shade "Custard".

on 11/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my best concealer, and I have re-purchased it many times. It blends out like a dream, and doesn't settle into any fine lines. However, it doesn't cover all of my dark circles - but nothing ever does, so I'm not too mad about it. I apply this under my eyes, and blend it out with a beauty-blender, before setting it with a loose setting powder.

on 11/1/2017 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another failed concealer for my under-eye dark circles. I am very fair so I bought Chantilly and it is too pale for even a pasty faced woman like me. I am of Irish descent and I did not think anything could be too pale and after reading comments about the Vanilla turning orange, I didn't want to chance that. Anyway, too light, almost looks like white grease paint. Texture is not great, seems drying. I really looked forward to this because I LOVE Nars blusher. This concealer for me is a major fail and I will not purchase it again. I consider this to be a waste of a fair amount of money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've never found a better under eye concealer, Light 2/vanilla is a perfect match and actually blends into my foundation without giving me reverse raccoon eyes. There's little to no creasing, long wearing, and pigmented enough to cover my crazy dark eyes. My only complaint is that I seem to run out of this quickly, it feels like I'm replacing I every other month or so. Good for hygiene, bad for my wallet.

on 8/24/2017 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Full coverage and brightening for concealing dark circles, I look fresh and awake like nothing else. May be too drying for some but works great on my very oily skin, I set with a bit of powder and it lasts all day without creasing which is very impressive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As the name implies this concealer is very creamy as well as super thick and opaque. It covers dark circles like a dream and the lightest shade highlights my face so well without looking like a complete white cast. Due to it's formula it blends out super easy with a damp sponge. I usually break up on my nose since I get super oily there first but with this everything stays put. While expensive this concealer is so worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fell in love with this when a wonderful guy at the Bloomie’s NARS counter lavished me with samples of it (Vanilla) and the tinted moisturizer (Alaska) when I bought the Orgasm cream stick blush.

Blendable, buildable, concentrated—pigmented enough to cover my blue undereye circles better than anything out there without caking, and stays put with just the faintest dusting of setting powder. So concentrated that one sample card can last for four or five applications, so long as you use a brush.

Went ahead and bought it at Sephora, in anticipation of eventually exhausting the samples (which I’d prefer to use for travel as they take up so little space & weight). Not cheap, but will last me longer than the concealers in pots that eventually get hard & pasty. (Previously used Benefit original Bo-ing, Sonia Kashuk, Jane Iredale, Joey, and NYX, as well as Bare Minerals “Bisque,” which settles into the fine lines that aren’t even visible on my naked skin). Will continue to use a concealer brush rather than the wand in the tube, simply for precision.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30
Concealer shade: Vanilla

I've repurchased this as it is my go-to undereye concealer.

Pros:
It's very brightening, and quite full coverage. It blends beautifully with a brush. Despite the thickness of it, it feels lightweight and doesn't fade throughout the day despite me having oily skin.

Cons:
I find I need quite a bit of product, but the travel size lasted me four months. It is very pricey though, costing 19$ for 1.4ml. It can get blotchy and thin with a wet beauty blender.

on 5/30/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Shade purchased: Custard
Current skintone: About NC25-30

Overall rating: 3/5
Price: 2/5 (Its S$46 here in Singapore for the full size)
Packaging: 5/5 (Looks classy)

Had high hopes for this concealer. I mainly purchased this because I heard people raving about how this concealer works wonders for spot concealing - aka, for pimples, acne, etc. However, I found that this concealer had pretty light coverage, considering the hype on it. I would consider it to be a light-medium coverage concealer at best, not very buildable, as even when I put 3 layers on my healing red acne, it still peeks through, and mind you I did put a green corrector (L.A. Girl Pro Concealer) underneath to correct most of the redness. Theres 6ml in a few size tube which is not bad, considering I purchase the travel sized (1.4ml), and it has lasted me for nearly 3 months now with daily usage on blemishes and undereyes. However with that said, I do like it for undereye concealing. Again, I do use a peach corrector (Tarte CC undereye in light/medium), which does most of the job, and I put 3-5 dots of this concealer overtop and blend. It doesn't give me full coverage, as some darkness still peeks through but again, I am not gna look like a drag everyday right?

Im not sure if I would repurchase as it doesn't really meet my needs. I prefer something with higher coverage, and this just doesn't meet that. Although it has a really thick, moussy consistency, it doesn't have enough pigments in there in my opinion. I have purchased the Tarte Shape Tape that everyone raves about so I will be trying that out, and probably do a review on it soon, to see if it's any better than this NARS one.

Summary:
Coverage - Light-medium, buildable but coverage doesn't increase with building
Lasting power - Great, lasts the whole day without getting oily
Blendability - Good, I use the elf small contour brush to blend it out and it's wonderful for that
Application - Easy but have to keep re-dipping into the tube to get product due to the stopper
Consistency - Thick, moussy, creamy
Finish - Satin, with no shimmers

Buy if:
You are looking for a light weight concealer that provides medium coverage, and if you have good skin conditions, ie no bumps etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a solid concealer (deserves a 4/5 in terms of the product itself) but there are definitely dupes out there which are more worth it for the price (removing a lippie for this). I was using Maybelline Fit Me with good results, but thought I could take it to another level of undereye concealerness with this Nars Creamy Concealer since I love a lot of other Nars products. I was pretty underwhelmed though. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing that stands out. Save your $$ and just get the drugstore version. Why pay more for the same results, right? Pro tip: Nars Custard is basically an identical shade to Maybelline Fit Me in Sand