NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 12/11/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am always on the hunt for my HG concealer, and this one is pretty close to HG right now, the closest I ever got to a HG concealer. It's light, the coverage is great, it's not drying or cakey, it stays put all day once it's set with a light setting powder.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's NARS, so it's in the price range you would expect from something like that.

I use the shade Vanilla, light #2, and it's perfect for my fairer than NW15 skin.

on 11/21/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this concealer! I have never found a concealer that wasnt too peachy or too yellow for my skin until now. I am very fair with neutral undertones and chantilly is the best match ive ever found.

I find this concealer to have great coverage and it doesnt wear off throughout my 12 hour work days. It also doesnt break me out which is a huge plus as I am veeeery acne prone. The only con is that it is not that easy to blend, but i use an elf studio concealer brush and it works well

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My HG under eye concealer. I have very dark shadows under my eyes and I haven't been able to fully cover them with any other concealer, even with several layers. I only need 2-3 layers of this to fully cover my shadows, so it has really excellent coverage. It's extremely blendable thanks to it's creaminess but it's not particularly hydrating. It has a beautiful, natural radiant finish which makes it perfect for highlighting the forehead, nose and chin as well.

I find it starts to wear off a bit after 10-11 hours and on me it creases noticeably after about 7 hours (I usually only get 3-4 hours from a concealer before it creases because I have bad lines below my eyes). It does a little better if I bake it or apply setting powder between each layer of concealer. It doesn't become oily unless I don't set it, and even then I get several hours of wear from it.

At $41AUD it's definitely pricey but considering the incredible coverage and how long lasting it is, it's worth paying for to me. For anyone with light shadows or quite dry skin under their eyes, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 11/11/2016 1:46:00 PM

I've gone back to this time over time. Nothing beats it. I'm fair completed and go between Chantily and Vanilla. One tube lasts a while, doesn't make me look dry or Cakey. LOVE

I really like the coverage of this concealer. It does dry quickly so get that wet beauty blender ready. I use it on my under eye area but it can be a little drying so I make sure to use a hydrating under eye primer right before.

I use this on my undereyes, in the shade custard. It's my favorite concealer that I've tried. It can crease if you don't put powder over it, but if you use a powder to set the concealer, it works beautifully and gives a nice coverage.

Not a fan of this concealer. I'm very glad I got a deluxe sample because I would regret buying it. The coverage is not enough for me. I have very dark undereye circles (hereditary- I also have deep set eyes). I don't go anywhere without a good concealer unless I want to scare people. This one has medium coverage. I need something more "heavy duty" pigmentation wise.
I prefer my Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer (it's amazing, everyone should try it out, more pricey but one tube lasts for very long), or even Catrice Camouflage Cream. I'm glad that it works for so many people, but it doesn't for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer has great coverage for under eyes, I use it over my salmon colored derma color concealer and it does not crease and is very creamy so it's very easy to blend. I will not use it for spot concealing but the packaging is very convenient and sleek. I would definitely recommend this concealer.

on 9/18/2016 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer!! I am already on my third tube because that is how much I love this stuff. It is medium to full coverage and blends so easily. It is great for both the under eye area and any blemishes. It brightens my face so well for a flawless look. Since NARS recently added new shades, the collection works for so many different skin tones!
Would definitely repurchase!