NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30
Concealer shade: Vanilla

I've repurchased this as it is my go-to undereye concealer.

Pros:
It's very brightening, and quite full coverage. It blends beautifully with a brush. Despite the thickness of it, it feels lightweight and doesn't fade throughout the day despite me having oily skin.

Cons:
I find I need quite a bit of product, but the travel size lasted me four months. It is very pricey though, costing 19$ for 1.4ml. It can get blotchy and thin with a wet beauty blender.

on 5/30/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Shade purchased: Custard
Current skintone: About NC25-30

Overall rating: 3/5
Price: 2/5 (Its S$46 here in Singapore for the full size)
Packaging: 5/5 (Looks classy)

Had high hopes for this concealer. I mainly purchased this because I heard people raving about how this concealer works wonders for spot concealing - aka, for pimples, acne, etc. However, I found that this concealer had pretty light coverage, considering the hype on it. I would consider it to be a light-medium coverage concealer at best, not very buildable, as even when I put 3 layers on my healing red acne, it still peeks through, and mind you I did put a green corrector (L.A. Girl Pro Concealer) underneath to correct most of the redness. Theres 6ml in a few size tube which is not bad, considering I purchase the travel sized (1.4ml), and it has lasted me for nearly 3 months now with daily usage on blemishes and undereyes. However with that said, I do like it for undereye concealing. Again, I do use a peach corrector (Tarte CC undereye in light/medium), which does most of the job, and I put 3-5 dots of this concealer overtop and blend. It doesn't give me full coverage, as some darkness still peeks through but again, I am not gna look like a drag everyday right?

Im not sure if I would repurchase as it doesn't really meet my needs. I prefer something with higher coverage, and this just doesn't meet that. Although it has a really thick, moussy consistency, it doesn't have enough pigments in there in my opinion. I have purchased the Tarte Shape Tape that everyone raves about so I will be trying that out, and probably do a review on it soon, to see if it's any better than this NARS one.

Summary:
Coverage - Light-medium, buildable but coverage doesn't increase with building
Lasting power - Great, lasts the whole day without getting oily
Blendability - Good, I use the elf small contour brush to blend it out and it's wonderful for that
Application - Easy but have to keep re-dipping into the tube to get product due to the stopper
Consistency - Thick, moussy, creamy
Finish - Satin, with no shimmers

Buy if:
You are looking for a light weight concealer that provides medium coverage, and if you have good skin conditions, ie no bumps etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a solid concealer (deserves a 4/5 in terms of the product itself) but there are definitely dupes out there which are more worth it for the price (removing a lippie for this). I was using Maybelline Fit Me with good results, but thought I could take it to another level of undereye concealerness with this Nars Creamy Concealer since I love a lot of other Nars products. I was pretty underwhelmed though. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing that stands out. Save your $$ and just get the drugstore version. Why pay more for the same results, right? Pro tip: Nars Custard is basically an identical shade to Maybelline Fit Me in Sand

on 5/8/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a tried a host of high end concealers but for the last year I've been using Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it's creamy, blends easily and has minimal creasing. Also it's very cheap which is important because I also use it as a highlighter which means I use a lot. Still after a full year of not trying any of the higher priced concealers I decided to give this Nars concealer a try.

I got the shade custard which is almost an exact dupe for the Fit me shade, sand. When I was applying the Nars concealer I really thought I was going to love it. It was creamy and it was giving great coverage. But it was too thick, I had to sheer it out a lot with a beauty blender and then after an hour or so it creased and settled into my fine lines. Tried again the next day and set with powder. It still creased and the powder made it look cakey. Looks like I will be sticking with my Fit Me concealer which is kind of good news as it's only a 1/3 of the price.

on 4/3/2017 11:46:00 PM

~Things i loved about product
Covers under eye circles
Blends perfect with MAC brush 286
Doesn't crease under my eyes.
It covers blemishes.

~Things i dislike about product
beauty blender sheers it out to much.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

Quick background: I have combination oily skin, oily T-zone, upper eyelids but dry lower eyelids and cheeks. The products I use must put up with Singapore's hot and humid climate, freezing AC offices and sometimes, my hands (I touch my face a lot. I know, don't judge.) I'm in the shade of NC25-30 and I use Custard for this concealer.

This product retails at SGD$45 at Sephora for 5ml of concealer.

Texture and coverage: It's creamy and blends well. I usually dot all over my face and undereyes before blending it out. The coverage is medium to full, and slightly buildable. Slightly because there are times when it gets cakey when I pile products on. I feel that to make sure it covers well, your base and foundation routine plays a part. With a proper base, it's able to cover some of my pesky acne spots well! A little goes a long way.

Durability: With my skin type, habits and environment listed above, if I stay in the office without touching my face, I think it could last a good 3-4 hours. On my oily nose, not so much, Depending on my primer and foundation combo that day, I expect to touch up my nose every 2 hour. Best bet is to layer powder to seal it in.

Packaging: Pretty standard, with a doe-foot applicator. I like how this is a sleek, slim and squarish tube. Easy to keep in small clutches and purses for girls' night out. And if you're a klutz like me, you'll appreciate how it doesn't roll off tables.

Worth the price?: Well, kinda.. I bought this on a whim because I had some vouchers to offset the cost heh. There's drugstore products with formula similar to this at a fraction of the price. But, if we compare within high end beauty products with similar formula (which many I have not tried lol), I'd repurchase again if other products don't work.

Conclusion: I think for those with normal skin, the touch up would be minimal and you would be able to use this a long, long time. For us oily skin sisters... This might go out fast. But I'm okay with that because of how well it covers up.

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of those concealers that used to be widely raved about but I think it's getting overshadowed by newer concealers with superior formulas (hello, Shape Tape and Bye Bye Under Eye). If you're looking for a thick, high coverage concealer that doesn't fade to nothing when applied with a damp BB, those two are better choices than the RCC. This one is just too dry, so it's harder to blend and makes your undereyes look like cracked clay. However, for me, this does have one saving grace: spot concealing.

This concealer makes your skin look super smooth and flawless, but only in areas with very little to no fine lines. It's actually rare for me to find a concealer that can spot conceal effectively on my dry, flaky skin, but the RCC is creamy enough to do the trick. Because it has an unyielding consistency, it stayed firmly in place instead of doing that annoying thing where concealer bunches up AROUND the damn pimple rather than on top of it. For that purpose, I keep it around despite the high price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this concealer!!! I am a little unorthodox in my application as i like to apply it to blemishes before applying foundation but personally, I find this gives a more natural but still strong coverage on the concealed area. I also use a lighter color of this product for highlighting and for under eyes and it does the job perfectly. I have never come across a concealer that is either high end or drug store that is better than this.