NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Other
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My review is going to be long so if you can't settle down for story time, skip over this one. I've given this product so much hate for the past 2 months so I owe it to Nars to fix this (I'm not sponsored by anyone, I promise).
I've always been a brush and finger person when it comes to makeup, and I've only ever used Maybelline Age Rewind (apply the product to the back of your hand first, it blends nicer when warmed.) I switched to a beauty blender to save on time but carried on using my fingers for concealer. I heard so much hype based around this product (pretty sure this was one of the bombs before Tarte shape tape) that I was curious and decided to give it a try. I asked for something 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so I could be bright but not give off ghostly vibes. I got matched to Custard.
The first two weeks were excellent. It blended like a dream with my fingers and I couldn't stop banging on about it. I drew the classic upside down triangle, blended and set with RCMA no colour powder. I don't bake unless it's a wedding or another event where pictures>cake face. On a normal day, a light dusting of powder does the job. It didn't crease, it was brighter than a drugstore concealer but still flattered my skintone. My eyebags aren't terrible, so this medium coverage is a good pick for me. I haven't attempted to use this to cover spots because it's a bit lighter than my skin tone.
The next time I went to apply concealer, my undereyes looked like what I would describe as "crepy". If you google Tesco crepes and zoom in, memorise that texture and pattern. I kid you not, my undereyes looked a bit like that minus a few lines. I'm only 19, I don't have dry undereyes and loads of lines just yet. First, I blamed myself. I told myself I was being too heavy handed with my eye cream and not giving it enough time to settle down ( I use Mario Badescu hylauronic acid eye cream) so I switched to using the Simple eye roll on. Nope, same issue. At this point I'm running my mouth all over the place about how bad it is, what a waste of money it was etc.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's not giving up. Or being stubborn. Take it how you will. After watching Brianna Fox's videos, I came to the conclusion that I should mix it with eye cream. On one eye, I dumped on a load of MB eye cream and let it take its time blending in. On the other one, I mixed up the concealer with MB on the back of my hand. This time I went in with the beauty blender. It didn't look too bad, the overloaded eye cream side still saw a touch of crepe here and there. I daresay the mixed side looked smooth, but the area where my eyebag starts right next to my tear duct still looked a bit crusty.
At that point, I lost interest. But here comes exam season which means I did/am doing everything I can to avoid revising. Including making this concealer work for me and typing out a super long review. I would like to point out that I was never a beauty blender person, I never thought there would be a learning curve but guess what, there was: stamp the product, but less pressure and more bouncing. Trust me, very lightly tap. This particular day I started with concealer first, ready to wipe it off should it go wrong. My, my, was I in for a surprise. I started off using MB eye cream (thank you dear sister for knocking the Simple one off the shelf and thank you me for being too lazy to retrieve it) and let that sink in. I decided to stipple the upside down triangle instead, and went in with the butt of my beauty blender instead of the tip. I think one of my many many minor issues at the start was that my beauty blender was too damp. I figured that I'd start at the bottom of the triangle, so closer to my nose and then work up to the undereyes. My theory is that the product soaked into the sponge, making it less damp at this point so I could bounce freely without any product shifting off and no patchiness.
When I was done, I hated my life because I managed to make it work and I was living for how it looked. Because I'm a bitter human and I wanted to still be in the right for hating it, I decided to go about my day without setting it. Much to my horror, it didn't crease at all ( I don't overdo product and I blend very, very well). As I sit here typing, I'm wearing an expression of pure grumpiness because I've mastered this concealer and I've never hated myself more because I know I'll be repurchasing.

This is so thick and hard to spread for dryer skin under the eyes. It accentuates and settles in fine lines for me and just isn't a great look on my 37yo self. There are so many colors to choose from which is a plus and you only need a small amount so I can see this lasting a while if it works for you.

on 4/27/2018 5:49:00 PM

It's an okay concealer. Not radiant or creamy, it is on the drier side. The color range is so much more limited compared to the NARS foundations and I can't find a color close enough to my neutral leaning cool-olive tone. Works decently for under eyes. Will settle in lines if you don't set it, and if you do, then it just makes it drier. Horrible for blemishes, if you have any sort of dry skin around it it will stick to the patches and make them so much more obvious. I can't attest to how it works with very oily skin but on my T-Zone the product faded by the end of the day... unless ofc there was some dry skin, then it held on for dear cakey life.

Over all, I'd say it's a decent product. But for this price I don't want decent, and I expected much more from the hype surrounding this product.

on 3/24/2018 5:58:00 PM

Love this concealer.

Despite its claims to be radiant and creamy i dont think it is immensely in either department.

Its very medium coverage. And i can find it slightly to stiff to apply and i cant get a bit of creasing and dryness

Those are the one flaws, because this is a really good concealer neverless. It covers my dark circles and makes my undereye area look a but brighter. I also find that the product runs out very quick and i hate when i get to the end of it.

But i love this concealer because it always holds up on my skin. It never fades or budges and it covers.

on 1/27/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this concealer due to all the hype, but it just didn't work for me. I have sensitive/combination skin and this concealer just broke me out. It inflamed the pimples I tried to conceal and unfortunately was too sheer for my taste. I think if you have somewhat clear skin that isn't sensitive, this would be perfect for you. Disappointed this didn't work for me, but glad it works for others.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this looks WAY too dark & orange when applied to my skin.
this one definitely did not fit me

on 11/4/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great creamy concealer for under eyes, wears well and doesn’t crease! It’s the best all-round concealer I’ve found and its my go-to everyday concealer.
A little pricey but worth it.

on 10/25/2017 9:12:00 PM

I find this concealer pretty cakey and drying. That said, it does offer good coverage.

The formula reminds me of MAC's select cover-up, but the packaging between the two products are super different. I actually prefer the little tube that MAC's select cover up concealer comes in as it's more sanitary than applying concealer with a wand.

In terms of a less expensive dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I know that Maybelline's Fit Me concealer is often touted as being a good option, and I definitely like that concealer but in my opinion, the formulas aren't all that similar. I would say that Maybelline's formula is thinner, easier to blend, more natural looking, and doesn't emphasize my dry skin as much as the Nars RCC.

I won't be repurchasing again.

I prefer Tarte's Shape Tape to conceal my blemishes as it offers much better coverage without looking too cakey. And for my under eyes, I greatly prefer Maybelline's Fit Me concealer.

on 8/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

I tried the Maybelline Fit Me concealer which said to be comparable with NARS Radiant Creamy concealer and in terms NARS definitely has way higher coverage which really helped me to hide my eyebags away. I've tried a lot of different concealer for my eyebags and most didn't worked as good as NARS.

My biggest concern is my eyebags and glad I actually bought this despite being skeptical at first. The texture is creamy and thick, not drying, exactly what I needed to be able work up for my dem eyebags that make me look tired 24/7. It doesn't cease with a set of powder, lasted pretty good. If you need a good concealer for eyebags, I would really recommend this!

One of my holy grail concealer.

I had such high hopes for this concealer based on how popular it is. It falls short in so many ways. The color range doesn't provide a pale yellow shade, so I had to go with Custard, which didn't do any sort of brightening on my light olive (C2) skin tone. The texture of this concealer is strange, very emollient but it emphasized texture on my under eyes like no other, and felt slippery and just did not look smooth in any sense, even after setting with powder. The wand is too small for highlighting under eyes in my opinion, and would be better suited to covering blemishes (which this formula has a tendency to highlight). You also get very little product for a high price tag. Overall, I think there are much better concealers (MAC Pro Longwear and Tarte Shape Tape are my two favorites).