NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 12/16/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Love this concealer and have repurchased several times, works well for both undereyes (usually mix with a more orangey shade in another brand for undereyes) as well as blemishes, good staying power but does transfer a bit if you are touching or rubbing the area (I find it rubs off where my glasses/sunglasses sit as well as on my chin when I'm on the phone a lot at work, etc - which I think is pretty normal). Nice finish and easy to work with - it dries down relatively quickly but not as quickly as something like MAC Prolongwear, you can easily apply this everywhere you want and then blend out without worrying it will dry before you can get to the other side of your face. As with all NARS packaging the rubberised top does get grubby which looks pretty gross after a while but no complaints otherwise about the applicator or tube. I wish this came in a larger format as it even works well as a foundation substitute but is way too expensive to use that way regularly!

Unfortunately for my pocketbook this works wonderfully for me. HATE the price point, but this literally works the best for me to brighten my inner corners. Others have said this isn't "creamy," but I sort of think what they mean is that it is like a cream product- very thick. It is very pigmented and you must work one eye at a time, because this sets so quickly. I use my ring finger to spread it quickly and then finish with a little beauty blender. I do not need powder to set and this does not wrinkle on me. Actually the first undereye concealer that DOES NOT crease on me! Oh and this lasts all day on me.

I tried the FIt Me concealer, which is touted as being a dupe for Nars. I know it has great reviews but it was not a dupe at all. It did not work for me. I did a review of it as well.

All in all, I love this concealer. However the price is outrageous for the amount of product you get.

on 11/22/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this concealer is so drying under my eyes! no matter how much i moisturise i cant seem to get the product to not settle into my fine lines. price was a bit steep too at $42 aud!

on 11/21/2016 5:10:00 PM

I love this. for me this is the perfect concealer. it's somewhat thick and full coverage. this is kind of hard to explain for me, but i'll try: it's not as pigmented as i.e. tarte shape tape, but i end up with more coverage because it doesn't go such a long way. it blends easily but doesn't blend out as much. also the shade vanilla is spot on for my neutral n15 complexion.
    it wears well, i never have to touch it up. i use this mainly for blemishes, but have used it under my eyes and it looks really good.
    If you're hesitant since it's pretty pricey, they sell travel minis at sephora. One lasted for 3 months, i got the big one a couple of weeks ago though.

on 11/10/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am on the fence about this, it has a good texture but did not provide enough coverage for my dark circles. I tried this on at Sephora in Caramel with Smashbox's Look Less Tired Dark corrector- orange pencil and it provided some coverage but I need something a bit heavier. I did get the radiant glow which was flattering but I needed more coverage to counter the circles. I am NC44/Nars Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga (med-dark) for reference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
    -great coverage without the dryness that some thick-coverage concealers can tend to have (e.g. jar concealers like mac studio finish)
    - great texture on skin
    - doe foot applicator is good for precise application
    (for blemishes I recommend letting it sit on the skin for 10 seconds before blending out with a fluffy eye brush, that way it has time to get tacky and won't just blend away)

CONS:
    - matte rubberised handle is very prone to looking gross

on 10/15/2016 9:48:00 AM

I absolutely love this, holy grail for me. Its creamy, not to thick and leaves a really lovely smooth natural finish, chantilly matches my complexion too. Ive dry, rosacea prone skin, this doesn't cling, crease or separate. Its very expensive but I think its worth it, ill keep repurchasing this.

on 10/10/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Definitely a radiant and creamy concealer. I love how opaque this is! Took me years and years to finally try this, I know but that is because I was not into trying new things. This summer I went full out on the flawless base makeup offerings there are in the marketplace. And I have to say I am happy to add this to the rotation! I got it in chestnut and another color. These go on opaque, blend like a dream and set well with powder. I will certainly repurchase. Well done as always, NARS.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

As much as I love and swear by Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, I thought I'd love this as well -- I thought they'd be complementary. I see a lot of positive reviews, but this product just didn't get along with me at all.

I'm 46 and pale/fair. I have dark circles under my eyes and they're bad, not easy to cover. One eye is worse than the other.

I used Vanilla. I moisturized before applying. The color was fine for me. But the coverage of this Nars concealer was simply not enough once blended out. It somewhat covered the darkness under one eye, but did not mask the discoloration under the other one. It did mask broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, though it looked somewhat thick and caked even when blended out. At that point I was thinking it was not the best, but not the worst.

I decided to use setting powder, hoping that once powdered, the undereye coverage would improve somehow. This is where things went horribly awry. I used a sparing amount of Tarte Smooth Operator loose powder to set. OH MY GOD, THE HORROR. Immediately the Nars concealer looked caked like cracked earth. So, so crepey and chalky and it created new undereye wrinkles I never had before! It looked so unnatural, words fail me. It easily added 15 years or more to my face. I was getting ready to go out with my husband. He heard me cursing and apologizing for running late, but I said "Honey I've GOT to redo my makeup. I can't leave the house like this." He was gonna yell at me, but then he saw it, and he said, "Oh, WOW. I totally understand." This is a man who would tell me I looked good almost no matter what, if it would get us moving out the door. That's how bad this was.

Now, as tempting as it is to blame the Tarte Smooth Operator for not playing nice with the Nars concealer, I can't blame the Tarte powder. That powder works flawlessly to set my current concealer (which does a far better job than the Nars one!). Currently I am using Mary Kay Full Coverage Foundation as a concealer. I would not recommend it as a foundation (too thick for my taste), but as a concealer, it's excellent. It doesn't settle into or emphasize fine lines. I like it and I don't know why I wanted to try something new. I guess even when we're happy with a product, we always want to see if there's something even better. I found out this isn't it -- at least not for me. Giving it 2 stars because before I set it, it did at least cover the broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, and because the range of colors offered is good. It's hard for me to completely savage a Nars product, let alone one liked by so many others, but ime this was awful. I returned it to Sephora.

on 8/10/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am pretty much a NARS fan, but with due credit. I have been searching for a very long time for a concealer that is able to cover my dark circles, can be used for blemishes/pigmentation, doesn't break me out/crease and is able to last a solid day without fading and making me look tired.

BTW I'm a NC35 in MAC and Ginger in NARS. For ref: I have tried the staple heroes such as the MAC pro longwear, Clarins instant, Lancome, Stila, Make Up For Ever, Rimmel wake me up, Maybelline Fit me (BTW not a dupe for NARS's formula or coverage), L'Oréal true match, Bourjois healthy mix, Almay the list is quite extensive.

What I have found is that most concealers are too sheer, made to highlight the under eye and not really cover true pigmentation. The NARS concealer is my best yet for coverage, consistency and longwear. It also helps that it's creamy, but sets down to a powdery matte.

Not to be mistaken, this formula is slightly dryer and does look like makeup. I blend with my fingers and use a light powder to set, like the Physicians Formula Illuminating Youth Boost or the Hourglass Ambient lighting which leaves a light glowy look under the eye.

As the wrinkles set in this may start to sink into fine lines, but I'm yet to find a concealer, that sticks around >6 hours, as i can't leave the house without it.

This may not work for everyone, but I just really wanted to give this product credit, for being able to fight hereditary darkness.

I always find myself coming back to this, and can say this concealer has my back.