NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Quick background: I have combination oily skin, oily T-zone, upper eyelids but dry lower eyelids and cheeks. The products I use must put up with Singapore's hot and humid climate, freezing AC offices and sometimes, my hands (I touch my face a lot. I know, don't judge.) I'm in the shade of NC25-30 and I use Custard for this concealer.

This product retails at SGD$45 at Sephora for 5ml of concealer.

Texture and coverage: It's creamy and blends well. I usually dot all over my face and undereyes before blending it out. The coverage is medium to full, and slightly buildable. Slightly because there are times when it gets cakey when I pile products on. I feel that to make sure it covers well, your base and foundation routine plays a part. With a proper base, it's able to cover some of my pesky acne spots well! A little goes a long way.

Durability: With my skin type, habits and environment listed above, if I stay in the office without touching my face, I think it could last a good 3-4 hours. On my oily nose, not so much, Depending on my primer and foundation combo that day, I expect to touch up my nose every 2 hour. Best bet is to layer powder to seal it in.

Packaging: Pretty standard, with a doe-foot applicator. I like how this is a sleek, slim and squarish tube. Easy to keep in small clutches and purses for girls' night out. And if you're a klutz like me, you'll appreciate how it doesn't roll off tables.

Worth the price?: Well, kinda.. I bought this on a whim because I had some vouchers to offset the cost heh. There's drugstore products with formula similar to this at a fraction of the price. But, if we compare within high end beauty products with similar formula (which many I have not tried lol), I'd repurchase again if other products don't work.

Conclusion: I think for those with normal skin, the touch up would be minimal and you would be able to use this a long, long time. For us oily skin sisters... This might go out fast. But I'm okay with that because of how well it covers up.

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of those concealers that used to be widely raved about but I think it's getting overshadowed by newer concealers with superior formulas (hello, Shape Tape and Bye Bye Under Eye). If you're looking for a thick, high coverage concealer that doesn't fade to nothing when applied with a damp BB, those two are better choices than the RCC. This one is just too dry, so it's harder to blend and makes your undereyes look like cracked clay. However, for me, this does have one saving grace: spot concealing.

This concealer makes your skin look super smooth and flawless, but only in areas with very little to no fine lines. It's actually rare for me to find a concealer that can spot conceal effectively on my dry, flaky skin, but the RCC is creamy enough to do the trick. Because it has an unyielding consistency, it stayed firmly in place instead of doing that annoying thing where concealer bunches up AROUND the damn pimple rather than on top of it. For that purpose, I keep it around despite the high price.

According to me this concealor is just okay. I did find a match for my NC30 yellow undertone skin in the ginger shade but it just wasn't enough coverage. I don't have bad dark circles but this did not even cover enough. the good part is any is that it did not settle into the fine lines but that's about it. I can't apply a second layer for more coverage without making it look too cakey. The search for the perfect concealor goes on.

favourite concealer hands down. one of the only products that truly lives up to the hype. Doesnt crease or cake and blends beautifully. I'm in the shade camel and the coverage is buildable. I have spots of hyper pigmentation under my right eye which is my concern area and it covers most with just a couple dots!!

on 12/17/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has great coverage but is slightly thick and can turn cakey quickly when I use as an under eye concealer. Works fine for red spots on face, still need to pay attention so it doesn't cake. I have uber dry mature skin and this I gave away to my daughter. She enjoys it. Glad it's being put to use.

Unfortunately for my pocketbook this works wonderfully for me. HATE the price point, but this literally works the best for me to brighten my inner corners. Others have said this isn't "creamy," but I sort of think what they mean is that it is like a cream product- very thick. It is very pigmented and you must work one eye at a time, because this sets so quickly. I use my ring finger to spread it quickly and then finish with a little beauty blender. I do not need powder to set and this does not wrinkle on me. Actually the first undereye concealer that DOES NOT crease on me! Oh and this lasts all day on me.

I tried the FIt Me concealer, which is touted as being a dupe for Nars. I know it has great reviews but it was not a dupe at all. It did not work for me. I did a review of it as well.

All in all, I love this concealer. However the price is outrageous for the amount of product you get.

on 11/21/2016 5:10:00 PM

I love this. for me this is the perfect concealer. it's somewhat thick and full coverage. this is kind of hard to explain for me, but i'll try: it's not as pigmented as i.e. tarte shape tape, but i end up with more coverage because it doesn't go such a long way. it blends easily but doesn't blend out as much. also the shade vanilla is spot on for my neutral n15 complexion.
    it wears well, i never have to touch it up. i use this mainly for blemishes, but have used it under my eyes and it looks really good.
    If you're hesitant since it's pretty pricey, they sell travel minis at sephora. One lasted for 3 months, i got the big one a couple of weeks ago though.

A great concealer. I use it to cover my under eye bags and it works great. Has a rather thick consitency but blends out amazingly. Does not crease, even without setting. I use the shade vanilla which has a pink undertone great for highlighting.
    Another plus is the beautifull sleek Nars packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this concealer! It is so light, yet at the same time covers up all skin pigmentation issues like nothing. It's amazing to use as a highlighter and under eye concealer. I have not tried it for blemishes as I have only purchased a lighter than my skin tone version of this however I would say it won't cover blemishes as effectively as it is a little light and blends out quiet a lot. It is better to be used on a larger area where you need a concentration of colour and coverage rather than spot concealing.

It runs out quick unfortunately but it's not too that pricey so it's not really a problem. The applicator is quiet rough - that's the only downfall. You can feel the stick through the cushioney bit and it's not my ideal of what I want to touch my face but hey can't have everything my way.

Overall I don't think I will even bother looking in to replacements for this, I will be using it over and over for a long time!