NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 4/14/2018 7:00:00 AM

Had 2 tubes of this stuff I love the formula and how creamy it is I understand the hype around this product. Downsides include the price which is between £22-£25 which is expensive!! Also the applicator makes it hard to get the last bits of product out of the glass tube which is annoying for me.

on 4/1/2018 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looks slamming in pics on a night out. Only accentuates my fine lines a little bit.

I bought this concealer because it is considered the best concealer around for dark circles... I have fair-medium skin and I bought the Vanilla tone, which was the one recommended by the Sephora SA.

Well, I have very dark circles and very dry under eye area. So, regarding this concealer:

PROS:
- Very moisturizing, does not make the under eye area feel dry
- Full coverage

CONS:
- It is very thick and oily
- IT CREASES LIKE HELL. Even with a good translucent powder , it still creases, because it has a VERY thick formula.
- Color is too off - Vanilla is definitely not my tone but Honey looks too yellowish for me
- ridiculous packaging - 100% waste! How am I going to use the concealer to the last drop with this packaging? It's too expensive for so much waste!
- Too expensive, can't get the vibe

Anyway, it's a good concealer because it's not dry and it gives full coverage, but it's definitely not good for the under eye area. Because it's too thick, it creases a lot. And the packaging is horrible, we can't use the concealer to the last drop. I'm definitely NOT buying another one.

on 2/8/2018 12:47:00 AM

One of the most over rated products I’ve ever used. I bought this after seeing so many favourable reviews on YouTube. It’s awful! It doesn’t cover dark circles and I could’ve bought at least three superior drug store purchase for less. Don’t waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Yeah, no. This is not working for me. Having used this pretty much daily since I posted this review, I find that it creases under my eyes no matter how much setting spray or setting powder I use. Then I tried using it for all over coverage on my discoloration and ended up with pimples everywhere I applied it. Boo hiss. I went back and bought Shape Tape, so we'll see how that goes.

TLDR: This was a complete and total impulse buy. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I find no faults with it and will use it until it's gone. I think it's worth trying if you want smooth dark circle coverage.

So this wasn't planned. I wanted something new for my undereyes and went into Sephora with the intention of trying Tarte Shape Tape. (Fun fact! Sephora doesn't carry it; I didn't realize this.) Anyways, a sales rep recommended the NARS concealer to me instead so this is what I have now.

I bought it in the color Creme Brûlée which honestly may be a fraction dark for me right now, but it was the only "cool" light tone. I find that if I pat in a thin swipe of my light Maybelline dark circle corrector it helps balance out the tone. I've applied it both with fingertips and with a beauty blender and it blends out nicely either way.

The coverage is fine but not mind-blowing, it does successfully brighten up my dark undereyes. I've not had any issues with it looking cakey or dry, and the creasing is minimal. It blends on very smooth actually. I've also not noticed it oxidizing or anything weird. As easily as concealers break me out, I've worn this one daily for a week and had no acne issues from it.

Overall it's OK. I like it enough that I'll finish the tube. I don't know if I'll purchase it again after this since I'd still like to try Tarte, but I think it's fine.

LOVE THIS. It’s my new HG concealer. After almost 6 years, Lancôme has discontinued my waterproof concealer and I had to try a new one. This was listed in almost every top 10 concealer list so I gave it a try. It comes in many different colours so it was very easy to find a match to my skin. It applies like a liquid concealer, but goes on like a creamy pot concealer. A little does a lot and this provides fantastic coverage. I was born with dark under eye circles and I’ve tried everything on the market to cover them, so I’m thrilled to find one that covers and brightens my shadows so well. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/27/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this concealer due to all the hype, but it just didn't work for me. I have sensitive/combination skin and this concealer just broke me out. It inflamed the pimples I tried to conceal and unfortunately was too sheer for my taste. I think if you have somewhat clear skin that isn't sensitive, this would be perfect for you. Disappointed this didn't work for me, but glad it works for others.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I'm not sure why it's called radiant, it's flat matte.
The color selection is somehow poor. I have a neutral light-medium skin and the single shade that works with my skin tone is Vanilla. Salesperson advised me to get it, but it turned out to be way too light and there was nothing I could replace it with.
My under eye skin is dry and applying moisturizer underneath doesn't make this concealer look natural. It looks dry and powdery even with no setting powder. It creases directly.
If you don't have dry skin and if you can find a shade match this concealer might be a really good one. The coverage is definitely there and you don't need to use a lot.

(My actual rating is 3.5 lippies).

Practically all of the base products I've tried oxidized two shades darker on me, even with a primer on (ex. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing Hydrating Concealer, Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer, etc.). With this concealer being so raved about, I was hoping it would work for me. But this oxidizes too, which makes me so upset. I've tried two shades, Custard and the recently added shade Café Con Leche. Custard was too dark, so I tried Café Con Leche which seemed like the perfect shade at first. Both oxidized two shades darker, and into a peachy colour that didn't match me at all. Unfortunately, both shades were completely unusable so I had to return them.

Besides the disappointing oxidization (that doesn't seem to happen to most people), this concealer is quite nice formula-wise. It is a nice consistency, blends out easily. Not too drying or matte and I haven't noticed any creasing (I’ve only used this after putting on eye cream though). I have to say that the coverage is not full enough to completely get eliminate any traces of my purple-brown under eyes, I can still see darkness peaking through.

The packaging is nice and sturdy, not bulky at all. The cap of this concealer is made of the rubberized black material used for most NARS products, and it gets dirtied with fingerprints and makeup residue fast. I do think that it would be nice if the price was knocked down to $30 CAD (we can all dream).

Overall, I think this is a solid concealer and I can see why it has reached holy grail status for so many people. But personally, I wasn’t able to make it work for me which was unfortunate. I would recommend this only to people who doesn’t usually have base products oxidize on them, and if you are someone like me who has all sorts of products oxidizing on their face I’d suggest trying samples first.

Besides Bareminerals complete cover serum concealer, this is my second favourite! I bought "Custard" and it is a little lighter than my neutral-warmish skintone (I am Chinese), not as liquidy as bareminerals but creamy enough to blend. It gives a good coverage, very natural and doesn't settle into fine lines. :)