NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 3/28/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many under eye concealers that I've lost count but the most recent were IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye and Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle concealer and NARS blew them out of the water! I speak from experience when I say that when it comes to concealer, spend the extra money and get the best! I don't feel that way about things like lipstick, mascara or eyeliner but when it comes to foundation and concealer, absolutely! This is definitely an HG concealer!

This, along with Lancome Effacernes, are my two favorite concealers of all time. I don't wear foundation, so I don't mind splurging a little on my concealer. First, the shade "Chantilly" is perfect for my pale neutral skintone. Also love the coverage and finish, which is not too matte, but not greasy either. For the same price ($30), you get a lot more product with Lancome Effacernes, but the doe foot applicator makes Nars much easier/faster to apply, both under eyes and on any blemishes. Wears well, and does not magnify fine lines under eyes like many concealers do. On my second tube, so yes, I'd repurchase.

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 3/18/2017 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great concealer! It's light-medium coverage (doesn't cover my active acne spots). I swipe it under my eyes and use a generic beauty blender to blend it up and around my eyelids to act as an eyeshadow primer. Super natural, not cakey whatsoever. I don't wear foundation - I can get this to blend/fade out to the rest of my skin enough so it looks real and you cannot tell I am just wearing concealer around the eyes.

I will make a comparison with MAC pro longwear concealer. I don't feel this Nars concealer to give me any hydrating, so it is on the same level as MAC with hydrating thing.
This concealer has a thicker texture than MAC and it can crease more easily on me, and I always set my undereyes with Laura Mericer Secret brightninger powder.
I like to apply my concealer with a brush, but with Nars I have to use my finger to make it crease less on me.

Overall I prefer MAC pro longwear conealer.
It is cheaper than Nars, but Nars has better color selection than MAC.
My foundation won't set nicely on my nose and throughout the day I don't have much foundation on my nose at all. I use MAC prolong wear on my nose and it does fade away slightly, but it is a good looking effect throughout the day on my nose and it sets nicely on my nose too. I use prolong wear as eyeshadow primer too and it works pretty good for that as well.

Pro longwear concealer is hands down the best and thr price is just right too.

I love this concealer so much! It's a great concealer for covering blemishes, it's very good coverage as well so if you aren't wearing any foundation you could still have a flawless matte look. Not the greatest concealer to cover up dark circles and not the best to highlight your features. The packaging is very nice, i've always been a fan of NARS packaging due to the fact of the clean and simple modern look. The applicator is amazing and is very soft which makes applying the concealer extremely perfect. The smell of the concealer is very high end smelling, there's no crazy chemical smell which I love. All that said, the price ($30) is pretty good for how much you get (0.22 oz.).

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.

on 3/2/2017 4:48:00 PM

I have never, ever found a concealer that didn't crease under my eyes...until now. Amazing, knocks five years off and nobody can tell it's there. Packaging is a bit meh and price is a bit £££ but that's NARS for you, and the contents make up for that. The colours at the palest end of the spectrum are brilliant too. On heavy rotation (i.e. Every Single Day) chez Cloughie. Definitely try it if you need some help with dark circles.

on 3/2/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a good concealer. However if you have very dark circles, it won't cover them very well, even if you use a lot. Great for blemishes but not for undereye concealing (unless you use a corrector)

on 3/1/2017 12:47:00 AM

This was my first step into higher end makeup. This was my upgrade from the Maybelline FitMe Concealer and I found that this definitely had staying power on any dark spots or acne that needed clearing up. This concealer seemed to not do so well for my undereye circles, but I made it work up until I accidentally dropped it and shattered it.

Never in my life had I hoped for a product to be Maybelline than NARS until that moment.