NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fell in love with this when a wonderful guy at the Bloomie’s NARS counter lavished me with samples of it (Vanilla) and the tinted moisturizer (Alaska) when I bought the Orgasm cream stick blush.

Blendable, buildable, concentrated—pigmented enough to cover my blue undereye circles better than anything out there without caking, and stays put with just the faintest dusting of setting powder. So concentrated that one sample card can last for four or five applications, so long as you use a brush.

Went ahead and bought it at Sephora, in anticipation of eventually exhausting the samples (which I’d prefer to use for travel as they take up so little space & weight). Not cheap, but will last me longer than the concealers in pots that eventually get hard & pasty. (Previously used Benefit original Bo-ing, Sonia Kashuk, Jane Iredale, Joey, and NYX, as well as Bare Minerals “Bisque,” which settles into the fine lines that aren’t even visible on my naked skin). Will continue to use a concealer brush rather than the wand in the tube, simply for precision.

my favorite concealer ever, i love it 😍 i would buy it again.. but it's so expensive 🤕

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 11/28/2016 3:27:00 AM

I love this product and don't find it too drying at all. It is more heavy duty and thicker consistency than UD Naked Skin but has the best colour options for all skin tones.

on 9/1/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I understand all the hype now. I always sampled this at sephora but never bought it since I've been betrayed by so many concealers before. All the "best" ones always ended up caking or dried out and I ended up discontinuing them. But I'm loving this one!
I use the vanilla (I'm very cool toned/fair skinned) It has a tinge of pink which really compliments my tone as well as covers my circles. It is very pigmented and blends very nicely over my foundation. In love! *Swoon*

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

So far I love this. I am trying to switch to natural products but haven't managed to find a natural concealer that's any good for me so thought I'd just go for it (it is paraben free at least). I have used YSL radiant touch for years but recently used Byterry touché veloute which was great too but a bit pale. I'd seen amazing reviews of this so thought I'd try it and am so pleased I did. The coverage is heavier than the other two but still looks very natural and the texture is creamier so more moisturising. I dot it on then blend with a beauty blender and I'm amazed at how well it conceals. I haven't had trouble with it creasing and I do have a few fine lines (I'm 33). I do apply it just after my eye cream though. Price is fine with me but as it's my first bottle I'm not sure how long it will last yet.

I love this concealer. It's v. expensive -- but pro tip: buy the travel size, it's only $10 on Sephora and will last a nice long time. It is truly radiant and creamy. It is excellent coverage and very blendable. It diffuses light nicely. The concealer mixes brilliantly with foundation or color corrector, etc... but it is not great on its own. Since it is quite full coverage, I think it would end up looking patchy if used without at least bb cream for proper blending. But this is definitely one of those up-brand items that is worth the investment.

on 5/10/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 7/22/17: I moved to NC and it is HOT & HUMID here. My beloved Erase Paste (now Boing something) is just too tacky on me for this weather. I will go back to it in the winter. Shape Tape just never feels right. Enter Radiant Creamy Concealer. I haven't used this concealer this much since I went to Disney two years ago. It is the best concealer for this warm weather. Not too heavy, not tacky, stays put. FYI - I mostly need concealer for my under eye area. So if you live in a super dry, cold climate, this may not be the best. But if you live in humidity...give this a try! I am off to Ulta to get another one and I am bumping this up to 5 lippies.

UPDATE 8/2/16: They have new shades and one of them, Creme Brulee, was exactly the happy medium between Vanilla and Custard I was looking for. More color than Vanilla, less yellow, more pink than Custard. Bumping this up a lippie now that we have a color match.

ORIGINAL: This product has its good and not great points. First, let me say that I am nw20 and everyone kept recommending Vanilla for me to use if I was going to use this on my under eye circles, but that shade just looked weird and off...too whitish. Even the ladies at Sephora grabbed Vanilla at first then were like..."eh, no". So I ended up leaving with Custard and it blends into my skin color so much better than Vanilla (which gave me a bit of reverse racoon eyes). Now some of the pros and cons (for me):

PROS:
-This seems to wear very well and long. I used this concealer on my trip to Florida and it held up very nicely.

- If you have oily skin, this might be a good one for you.

-The color and texture of the one I have blends well into my under eye area as well as other parts of my face.

-Heavier coverage than most concealers packaged like this.

-The doe foot applicator makes this nice to have for travel instead of my usual pot concealer I use (one less brush to pack and good to keep in the purse).

-The liquid is less runny than a lot of concealers packaged like this so there is a lot less dripping.

CONS;
-Kind of expensive

-Not the best for the my dry under eye area or dry skin in general. In FL this was great because I was quite warm and a less dry. But in the cold harsh upper midwest winters this gives a bit of a crepey under eye area. As I mentioned above it is a bit of a drier formula than something like MAC Select Moisturecover (if that still exists).

-Color selection was not easy. While Custard fit the bill better for me there really needed to be a middle, less ashy than Vanilla, less yellow than Custard color that would fit my skin better

I find myself kind of just using it up. The only time I think I might consider purchasing it again would be for a vacation scenario (to a warmer place).