NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 3/18/2017 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great concealer! It's light-medium coverage (doesn't cover my active acne spots). I swipe it under my eyes and use a generic beauty blender to blend it up and around my eyelids to act as an eyeshadow primer. Super natural, not cakey whatsoever. I don't wear foundation - I can get this to blend/fade out to the rest of my skin enough so it looks real and you cannot tell I am just wearing concealer around the eyes.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

I really wanted to love this concealer but it seems everyone is having a different experience to it than I. Bought it in the lightest shade, apply under my eyes and on forehead and chin for highlight and find it to need a lot of product for high coverage. When I do, I like the coverage and the brightening pigment it has BUT it creases??? I swear this doesn't happen with anyone else, yet for me it always does. Bearing in mind I'm 18 with zero wrinkles lol.

Weirdest thing, I also find it makes my eyes sting and water when I apply it on my under eye area. Does anyone else get this? I've really been wondering...

Average packaging except the box practically fell apart.

on 11/28/2016 3:27:00 AM

I love this product and don't find it too drying at all. It is more heavy duty and thicker consistency than UD Naked Skin but has the best colour options for all skin tones.

on 11/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer because I had heard so many good things about it. Many people said that it didn't exaggerate dry patches (and my eyes lit up because I have very dry skin) and that it didn't crease. So I went out and bought it in "Custard", not to highlight but just as an overall concealer. The colour match was pretty perfect and the packaging was very high-end. I must say that I loved the packaging most out of everything about it. The tube was sturdy unlike my "Wake Me Up" concealer by Rimmel and it felt like it was high-quality material.

I found the formula quite drying. I accentuated my dry patches (which was pretty much everywhere) and I couldn't use it without applying a primer beforehand. The consistency is pretty think (hence, the term "Creamy") and I preferred my Rimmel concealer because it was much lighter and easier to blend just a tad bit. The next day, I would break out with tiny red pimples wherever I applied it. I was so disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it just like everybody else.

Pros:
* Packaging
* Quite a large range of colours for different skin tones
* No overwhelming fragrance (couldn't detect any actually)
* Amazing coverage

Cons:
* Accentuated dry patches
* Broke me out after every use
* Quite expensive
* Blending was a little difficult but not impossible

on 9/3/2016 7:41:00 PM

I have soooo many concealers but this one is one of my favourites that I keep going back to because it is a full coverage concealer that has such a beautiful shade which compliments my skin tone and gives me that flawless look. It's not too thick, it goes on perfectly and easy to blend in. The choice of shades are good. The packaging is a little basic but I can live with it for the fact that it is generally a good concealer and it covers the undereye area very well like you've had a full 12hrs sleep leaving you looking fresh as a daisy.

on 9/1/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I understand all the hype now. I always sampled this at sephora but never bought it since I've been betrayed by so many concealers before. All the "best" ones always ended up caking or dried out and I ended up discontinuing them. But I'm loving this one!
I use the vanilla (I'm very cool toned/fair skinned) It has a tinge of pink which really compliments my tone as well as covers my circles. It is very pigmented and blends very nicely over my foundation. In love! *Swoon*

Overall I was really excited with my recent purchase of this in the shade vanilla. I just recently got into using concealers every day, but I have tried quite a few. Recently I tried Super Stay 24 and the supposed Nars dupe Fit Me. I laugh at that. All concealers I have bought from the drugstore are awful and dry. Creases like no one's business. I guess I never really got into concealers for this reason....
I have moderate dark under eyes and your occasional pimple. So, I honestly feel it looked worse with concealers than without. I've only bought two high end concealers and honestly that's where the money's shows.
I use Mac pro concealer palette in light and I love it I didn't know if I would use all six but I do for entirely different reasons, different days. While I.. am happy I feel like I'm missing the umph in my routine, and really love the highlighted look Nicole Gueriero does on her YouTube channel and she recently mentions this again in her video.
It claims to brighten, hydrate and concealer the skin. It was a bit drying, and didn't brighten as much as I hoped. My main compliant is it still creases. I've only had it for two days so I'm still learning but I used it alone, then under full foundation, with powder to set. Using my mac mineralize powder only made it worse and I wasn't really feeling it just alone which is a bummer I like the no make look an just using some concealer and not a full face of foundation. I am going to go buy another beauty blender and see how that goes but so far I like it but I probably won't repurchase because I'll try the Laura Mercer and Bobbie Brown one. But it is a lovely concealer, I maybe have too dry skin or need a beauty blender or eye cream/serum? Will update

Update
I've tired this in a different way and I'm really happy with the way it applies. Instead of lightly dotting and dabbing with my ring finger I'm drawing lines and gently sweeping down in a triangle shape underneath my eyes and not being stingy with the product either and I love it with a full face it brightened and contoured my faced like I had been had hope. I quess tapping with my finger makes the product cake up on me, and I also can't use this with powder then it creases in a very weird way.
It also crease a little bit after an hour or two but I think it's only noticeable to me. So, I am having to touch up under my eyeliner the bathrooms :(