NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fell in love with this when a wonderful guy at the Bloomie’s NARS counter lavished me with samples of it (Vanilla) and the tinted moisturizer (Alaska) when I bought the Orgasm cream stick blush.

Blendable, buildable, concentrated—pigmented enough to cover my blue undereye circles better than anything out there without caking, and stays put with just the faintest dusting of setting powder. So concentrated that one sample card can last for four or five applications, so long as you use a brush.

Went ahead and bought it at Sephora, in anticipation of eventually exhausting the samples (which I’d prefer to use for travel as they take up so little space & weight). Not cheap, but will last me longer than the concealers in pots that eventually get hard & pasty. (Previously used Benefit original Bo-ing, Sonia Kashuk, Jane Iredale, Joey, and NYX, as well as Bare Minerals “Bisque,” which settles into the fine lines that aren’t even visible on my naked skin). Will continue to use a concealer brush rather than the wand in the tube, simply for precision.

my favorite concealer ever, i love it 😍 i would buy it again.. but it's so expensive 🤕

on 3/22/2017 12:13:00 PM

This is HG stuff.

It does not crease at all (I've tried EVERYTHING) and pairs well with my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to hide my increasingly deep tear trough lines/darkness. The packaging can be improved because I can't get to the last 20% of the product with the wand and for the price, I want all of it lol.

on 3/18/2017 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great concealer! It's light-medium coverage (doesn't cover my active acne spots). I swipe it under my eyes and use a generic beauty blender to blend it up and around my eyelids to act as an eyeshadow primer. Super natural, not cakey whatsoever. I don't wear foundation - I can get this to blend/fade out to the rest of my skin enough so it looks real and you cannot tell I am just wearing concealer around the eyes.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

I really wanted to love this concealer but it seems everyone is having a different experience to it than I. Bought it in the lightest shade, apply under my eyes and on forehead and chin for highlight and find it to need a lot of product for high coverage. When I do, I like the coverage and the brightening pigment it has BUT it creases??? I swear this doesn't happen with anyone else, yet for me it always does. Bearing in mind I'm 18 with zero wrinkles lol.

Weirdest thing, I also find it makes my eyes sting and water when I apply it on my under eye area. Does anyone else get this? I've really been wondering...

Average packaging except the box practically fell apart.

on 11/28/2016 3:27:00 AM

I love this product and don't find it too drying at all. It is more heavy duty and thicker consistency than UD Naked Skin but has the best colour options for all skin tones.

on 11/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer because I had heard so many good things about it. Many people said that it didn't exaggerate dry patches (and my eyes lit up because I have very dry skin) and that it didn't crease. So I went out and bought it in "Custard", not to highlight but just as an overall concealer. The colour match was pretty perfect and the packaging was very high-end. I must say that I loved the packaging most out of everything about it. The tube was sturdy unlike my "Wake Me Up" concealer by Rimmel and it felt like it was high-quality material.

I found the formula quite drying. I accentuated my dry patches (which was pretty much everywhere) and I couldn't use it without applying a primer beforehand. The consistency is pretty think (hence, the term "Creamy") and I preferred my Rimmel concealer because it was much lighter and easier to blend just a tad bit. The next day, I would break out with tiny red pimples wherever I applied it. I was so disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it just like everybody else.

Pros:
* Packaging
* Quite a large range of colours for different skin tones
* No overwhelming fragrance (couldn't detect any actually)
* Amazing coverage

Cons:
* Accentuated dry patches
* Broke me out after every use
* Quite expensive
* Blending was a little difficult but not impossible

on 9/3/2016 7:41:00 PM

I have soooo many concealers but this one is one of my favourites that I keep going back to because it is a full coverage concealer that has such a beautiful shade which compliments my skin tone and gives me that flawless look. It's not too thick, it goes on perfectly and easy to blend in. The choice of shades are good. The packaging is a little basic but I can live with it for the fact that it is generally a good concealer and it covers the undereye area very well like you've had a full 12hrs sleep leaving you looking fresh as a daisy.