NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My review is going to be long so if you can't settle down for story time, skip over this one. I've given this product so much hate for the past 2 months so I owe it to Nars to fix this (I'm not sponsored by anyone, I promise).
I've always been a brush and finger person when it comes to makeup, and I've only ever used Maybelline Age Rewind (apply the product to the back of your hand first, it blends nicer when warmed.) I switched to a beauty blender to save on time but carried on using my fingers for concealer. I heard so much hype based around this product (pretty sure this was one of the bombs before Tarte shape tape) that I was curious and decided to give it a try. I asked for something 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so I could be bright but not give off ghostly vibes. I got matched to Custard.
The first two weeks were excellent. It blended like a dream with my fingers and I couldn't stop banging on about it. I drew the classic upside down triangle, blended and set with RCMA no colour powder. I don't bake unless it's a wedding or another event where pictures>cake face. On a normal day, a light dusting of powder does the job. It didn't crease, it was brighter than a drugstore concealer but still flattered my skintone. My eyebags aren't terrible, so this medium coverage is a good pick for me. I haven't attempted to use this to cover spots because it's a bit lighter than my skin tone.
The next time I went to apply concealer, my undereyes looked like what I would describe as "crepy". If you google Tesco crepes and zoom in, memorise that texture and pattern. I kid you not, my undereyes looked a bit like that minus a few lines. I'm only 19, I don't have dry undereyes and loads of lines just yet. First, I blamed myself. I told myself I was being too heavy handed with my eye cream and not giving it enough time to settle down ( I use Mario Badescu hylauronic acid eye cream) so I switched to using the Simple eye roll on. Nope, same issue. At this point I'm running my mouth all over the place about how bad it is, what a waste of money it was etc.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's not giving up. Or being stubborn. Take it how you will. After watching Brianna Fox's videos, I came to the conclusion that I should mix it with eye cream. On one eye, I dumped on a load of MB eye cream and let it take its time blending in. On the other one, I mixed up the concealer with MB on the back of my hand. This time I went in with the beauty blender. It didn't look too bad, the overloaded eye cream side still saw a touch of crepe here and there. I daresay the mixed side looked smooth, but the area where my eyebag starts right next to my tear duct still looked a bit crusty.
At that point, I lost interest. But here comes exam season which means I did/am doing everything I can to avoid revising. Including making this concealer work for me and typing out a super long review. I would like to point out that I was never a beauty blender person, I never thought there would be a learning curve but guess what, there was: stamp the product, but less pressure and more bouncing. Trust me, very lightly tap. This particular day I started with concealer first, ready to wipe it off should it go wrong. My, my, was I in for a surprise. I started off using MB eye cream (thank you dear sister for knocking the Simple one off the shelf and thank you me for being too lazy to retrieve it) and let that sink in. I decided to stipple the upside down triangle instead, and went in with the butt of my beauty blender instead of the tip. I think one of my many many minor issues at the start was that my beauty blender was too damp. I figured that I'd start at the bottom of the triangle, so closer to my nose and then work up to the undereyes. My theory is that the product soaked into the sponge, making it less damp at this point so I could bounce freely without any product shifting off and no patchiness.
When I was done, I hated my life because I managed to make it work and I was living for how it looked. Because I'm a bitter human and I wanted to still be in the right for hating it, I decided to go about my day without setting it. Much to my horror, it didn't crease at all ( I don't overdo product and I blend very, very well). As I sit here typing, I'm wearing an expression of pure grumpiness because I've mastered this concealer and I've never hated myself more because I know I'll be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this looks WAY too dark & orange when applied to my skin.
this one definitely did not fit me

on 11/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my best concealer, and I have re-purchased it many times. It blends out like a dream, and doesn't settle into any fine lines. However, it doesn't cover all of my dark circles - but nothing ever does, so I'm not too mad about it. I apply this under my eyes, and blend it out with a beauty-blender, before setting it with a loose setting powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i really did like this concealer, i do like a high coverage concealer but this is a really natural-medium coverage. The only reason i didnt like this is because im really pale and i got the lightest shade and it oxidised soooo badly on my skintone. Literally went from white to bright orange in 10 seconds and since i have acne i had orange spots all over my face. Would not reccomend if your skin relates to mine!

on 5/30/2017 2:10:00 AM

Shade purchased: Custard
Current skintone: About NC25-30

Overall rating: 3/5
Price: 2/5 (Its S$46 here in Singapore for the full size)
Packaging: 5/5 (Looks classy)

Had high hopes for this concealer. I mainly purchased this because I heard people raving about how this concealer works wonders for spot concealing - aka, for pimples, acne, etc. However, I found that this concealer had pretty light coverage, considering the hype on it. I would consider it to be a light-medium coverage concealer at best, not very buildable, as even when I put 3 layers on my healing red acne, it still peeks through, and mind you I did put a green corrector (L.A. Girl Pro Concealer) underneath to correct most of the redness. Theres 6ml in a few size tube which is not bad, considering I purchase the travel sized (1.4ml), and it has lasted me for nearly 3 months now with daily usage on blemishes and undereyes. However with that said, I do like it for undereye concealing. Again, I do use a peach corrector (Tarte CC undereye in light/medium), which does most of the job, and I put 3-5 dots of this concealer overtop and blend. It doesn't give me full coverage, as some darkness still peeks through but again, I am not gna look like a drag everyday right?

Im not sure if I would repurchase as it doesn't really meet my needs. I prefer something with higher coverage, and this just doesn't meet that. Although it has a really thick, moussy consistency, it doesn't have enough pigments in there in my opinion. I have purchased the Tarte Shape Tape that everyone raves about so I will be trying that out, and probably do a review on it soon, to see if it's any better than this NARS one.

Summary:
Coverage - Light-medium, buildable but coverage doesn't increase with building
Lasting power - Great, lasts the whole day without getting oily
Blendability - Good, I use the elf small contour brush to blend it out and it's wonderful for that
Application - Easy but have to keep re-dipping into the tube to get product due to the stopper
Consistency - Thick, moussy, creamy
Finish - Satin, with no shimmers

Buy if:
You are looking for a light weight concealer that provides medium coverage, and if you have good skin conditions, ie no bumps etc.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A couple years ago this was a staple product for me. I repurchased this product a number of times and loved it! Since then however i have discovered some great waaaayyy cheaper alternatives that almost work better for me. It's not that this is a bad product, because its quite good! Its just not worth the heavy cost in my opinion.

on 3/2/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a good concealer. However if you have very dark circles, it won't cover them very well, even if you use a lot. Great for blemishes but not for undereye concealing (unless you use a corrector)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was dissuaded from initially buying this firstly because of the HYPE (I try to steer clear of overhyped products) and secondly because several friends had told me it was too dry for an under-eye concealer.
As someone with oily skin, I can safely say that it is a wonderful concealer, it blends in beautifully under my eyes and can be used for spot concealing, highlighting etc. I use the shade Custard, which is a light medium shade and perfect for the under-eye area on my complexion (olive, NC30).
HOWEVER, in my humble opinion, if you have dry skin that can get flaky, I would steer clear of this. The formula is not as emollient as the name would suggest and it is very high coverage, so if you have dry patches or generally dry under-eyes, you may find that this concealer might adhere to any dryness or lines. However if you moisturise well, and have normal/oily skin, this concealer is fantastic and I'm so glad I took the plunge and bought it.

on 12/10/2016 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty good for highlight and covers dark circles well, a little drying, better in the summer, bit pricey.

on 11/11/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm NC20 and got the vanilla shade to use for under-eyes.

Colour match was good.

Coverage was good.

Formula lasts.

VERY drying and made my under-eyes look very old! I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to my beloved Cle de Peau and this isn't it.

This might be very good for areas other than under-eyes, but thats all I use a concealer for so for me this product is a loser.