NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Pros:
Very pigmented coverage
Great for covering under eyes
Easy applicator
Good colour range

Cons:
Very expensive
Product runs out quite quickly
Quite dry - sometimes emphasised lines and difficult to blend out.

Overall while the coverage is great the price point is too high to keep on buying - wasn't worth it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. Here I go hating on yet another product that gets rave reviews from almost everyone on the Internet! :( I really wanted to love this product...I really did. However, it made my undereye area look super crepey, regardless of my application technique. I didn't feel right throwing out such a pricey product, so I decided to try it on my jawline and cheeks to cover some old discolorations. Bad idea: it accentuated my pores and broke me out all 3 times I wore it on my face. :( Extremely disappointed.

The only good thing to come out of this concealer: I ended up trying and LOVING Maybelline Fit Me concealer after hearing that it was a dupe for this one! The Maybelline Fit Me is so much more affordable, makes my undereye area look smooth, and I can use it to cover discolorations on the rest of my face without breaking out! What's more, Fit Me shade 120 matches my skintone far better than Nars Radiant Creamy Vanilla.

on 7/11/2017 11:35:00 AM

For my light/medium skin and yellow undertones- I purchase this concealer in Custurd. I like it because the coverage is excellent on my blemished areas AND it doesn't eventually dry out and flake off on my dry skin! My biggest complaint is torn between the packaging and how much you actually get for the money. If it was in a pod or even a squeezable tube you would get more from it and get to use your own concealer brush and would be able to clean your brush! I also like to apply this under my eyes after my primer and color combating concealers. I would suggest the Maybelline Age Rewind as a drugstore dupe for this product.

I use this for the under eye area and to outline my brows so I use one shade lighter than what I would use on the rest of my face. It is soft and therefore easy to blend without pulling the delicate skin under the eyes. The coverage is honestly nothing special and I've gotten the same with Maybelline Fit Me concealer, which is obviously much cheaper. The colour match is, however, better and there is a greater range. It is quite expensive but I have had it for over 6 months and don't seem to be running out at all. It doesn't really crease throughout the day but I do find that by the end of the day, my underage area no longer looks as bright or as covered as it did right after application.

One of the best concealer!
I'm on my 6th bottle already now and this product has never disappoint me except for the fact that it is impossible to scoop out the leftover concealer out of the bottle when it almost run out
It has a nice medium to heavy coverage which is perfect for my skin that has a lot of acne scars and redness

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the deluxe sample size (13$) in the shade Vanilla and I'm very glad i didn't buy the full-size tube. I have very noticeable blue-purple undereye circles and my undereye area has fine lines that crease naturally (without having mature skin). This was simply too creamy for my undereyes to handle and it caked up and emphasized my fine lines and creased pretty badly when powdered.

The main reason I don't like it is the price and the wide availability of better, cheaper alternatives. I can find good concealers at the drugstore that do better on me than this concealer and even my HG - pro-longwear from MAC - is less expensive. Even something with less coverage, when paired with a corrector, looks much better. As for a drugstore dupe for this, the milani one in the squeeze tube is a very similar creamy formula that I'd recommend trying out first.

I'd recommend this only if you have naturally crease-free undereyes that are generally dry.

I will make a comparison with MAC pro longwear concealer. I don't feel this Nars concealer to give me any hydrating, so it is on the same level as MAC with hydrating thing.
This concealer has a thicker texture than MAC and it can crease more easily on me, and I always set my undereyes with Laura Mericer Secret brightninger powder.
I like to apply my concealer with a brush, but with Nars I have to use my finger to make it crease less on me.

Overall I prefer MAC pro longwear conealer.
It is cheaper than Nars, but Nars has better color selection than MAC.
My foundation won't set nicely on my nose and throughout the day I don't have much foundation on my nose at all. I use MAC prolong wear on my nose and it does fade away slightly, but it is a good looking effect throughout the day on my nose and it sets nicely on my nose too. I use prolong wear as eyeshadow primer too and it works pretty good for that as well.

Pro longwear concealer is hands down the best and thr price is just right too.

on 2/17/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this concealer might be okay for spot concealing, and props for creating a shade light enough for super pale folks, but as an under-eye concealer, it was horrible. I don't have that many fine lines but it settled into all of them immediately. I regret buying it.

on 2/8/2017 8:21:00 PM

I was so put off by the price of this concealer even though the EL one I use is only like $3 cheaper.
I got the mini size as a gift. At first I wasn't conpletely wowed, but this turned into my every day concealer and now a staple product for me.

It's amazing for every day use.

This is why:
*At nc15, which I presently am bc it's winter. I can use the shade vanilla to BOTH conceal my undereye and conceal blemishes. No longer do I need two separate concealers bc my undereye concealer highlights my zits and my zit concealer turns my undereyes yellow. Somehow I can use vanilla as a one stop shop.

*perfect amount of coverage. If I want flawless undereyes for days I am better off with ELDW concealer, Mac studio finish in nw20, benefit erase paste or a similar corrector. Nars rcc doesn't leave my undereyes completely flawless but it DOES COVER my grey circles for the most part, doesn't budge all day, doesn't crease, and doesn't pill while im applying it. It just works. It does exactly what I need it to do. No more no less. And im out the door really quickly.

*matte enough to last all day, but I can see where they got the radiant monomer. This really does just look like skin when it is on

So I will continue to buy this although the price sucks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very good concealer, probably one of the best I have used in the last couple years. I first bought this not long after it came out, however I'm not using it currently. When I bought it initially, I mistakenly bought a shade that had an orange undertone rather than one with a yellow undertone. I am very pale with quite discoloured under eye circles that look very purply/brownish, almost bruise-like. I find that yellow better corrects this type of discolouration than orange, which works better for blue circles. This concealer did have very good coverage and did not seem to make my under eye area look very dehydrated, which is an issue I am prone to. I did notice that it could start to look cakey when not blended properly, and emphasized some small texture issues (especially if the under eye area was not hydrated before hand). On myself, I would not use this to cover blemishes as it seemed to emphasize them and wear off very quickly, however I did not buy it for this purpose. I am currently finishing up another concealer and plan on trying others as I continue my search for the HG under eye concealer, however I would definitely repurchase in the future if I do not find anything better.