NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/12/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on a recommendation by a friend - I'd been using 3CE Concealer, but the shade didn't match, and it tended to go very, very flaky within a few hours. I headed down to the NARS counter at the shopping centre, and was recommended the concealer in Cannelle.

This is a tube with a doe foot applicator, which suits me just fine - I usually like to blend concealer with my fingers anyway, and it does save time when I'm re-touching my makeup on the go.

From the get-go, the shade did match my skin, down to the tee. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and almost never goes cakey or flaky on my skin. For under my eyes though, it does tend to settle in my undereye creases, but I've always had that problem for most concealers, from Makeup Forever to Bobbi Brown. If I don't set the concealer with powder though, it won't crease as often.

The coverage for this concealer is also amazing. If I'm feeling lazy, I just go out with nothing but my sunscreen, this concealer, and the NARS Multiple, and it will last all day. It covers up my PIH, undereye circles, and the redness around my nose and under my chin. And best of all, you only need a few dots and some blending, and you're ready to go.

It is a little expensive for me and the product you get is less than some other products, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the coverage and how easy it is to use.

on 6/11/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the cult favorite that everyone raves about including my instructor from beauty school. I was hoping it would be the answer to my troubles. It's not.

I have combo skin - dry rosacea patches that are bumpy and dry and redness around my nose where I'm oily. This concealer is formulated to be creamy, but I find it a bit drier than I expected (and definitely drier than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer). The color range is fabulous and the formula can be blended out nicely, provided you've used a good moisturizer and primer. It's not a good product to use on its own. There's some separation by the end of the day, and it's not really that long wearing around my chin/nose.
I wish this was a bit cheaper, but based on the price and performance, even though I've gone through 3 tubes, after this I won't be repurchasing.

I'll start with the fact that I tried this ages ago when it first released. I couldn't find a shade I liked (custard was the closest undertone but too dark). It was too drying on my undereyes. Using it alone looked cakey and aged me drastically. So I returned it.

Fast forward to this year and I bought it a second time recently in Vanilla. It's too light on my skin but I like the coverage. I tend to stick to using it on my nose, redness around my nose, discoloration around my mouth, the broken capillaries by my mouth (looks like: |||), and any healing acne.

I do use the tiniest bit when covering my face. Just the end of the doe foot in the back of my hand. Then I do a second tip of the doe foot on the back of my hand. Then using my ring finger I pat it under my eyes. Focusing on my tear troughs for the most part. Then I use L'Oreal Pro Glow (#1) over it and set it with E.L.F under eye powder. So my under eye looks the most concealed this way. Using the NARS RCC alone is cakey AF on my under eyes.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

Is it full coverage? Yes. Does it conceal imperfections? Of course. But it is not crease proof, and it definitely can look a little cakey if too much is applied under the eyes. In my opinion it’s better for blemishes as opposed to dark circles, but for the price, you can get drug store concealers that work just as well!

on 4/30/2018 8:05:00 PM

After I finished my last tube of concealer, I decided to give this a try and see what the hype was all about. I had wanted to purchase this earlier, but NARS did not make a shade that suited my fair, neutral/olive skin tone (NC20) until they recently came out with Creme Brulee. This is definitely a nice concealer, but I don't think it's as amazing as many of us have been led to believe.

Pros:
- Has a nice creamy texture with a satin finish, I would say this has medium coverage
- Great for concealing discoloration all over the face; could be used for highlighting/contour
- This is not reflective or "radiant" per se, but it does provide a sort of brightening effect to the face

Cons:
- Creases and looks papery as the day goes on, even after a healthy dose of eye cream!
- Can become patchy during application, especially when adding more coverage.
- Not the best for severe dark circles; good for brightening the undereye on an average makeup day, but dark circles and bags peek through unless you layer it on.
-Not the most budget-friendly, though it is more affordable than some other concealers it competes with. Not enough bang-for-your-buck for me.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good concealer, but not something I will purchase again. I can see how some people may love this, especially those who don't like anything too heavy or a dewy finish. Perhaps I will have better luck with the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, or something more emollient.

on 4/27/2018 5:49:00 PM

It's an okay concealer. Not radiant or creamy, it is on the drier side. The color range is so much more limited compared to the NARS foundations and I can't find a color close enough to my neutral leaning cool-olive tone. Works decently for under eyes. Will settle in lines if you don't set it, and if you do, then it just makes it drier. Horrible for blemishes, if you have any sort of dry skin around it it will stick to the patches and make them so much more obvious. I can't attest to how it works with very oily skin but on my T-Zone the product faded by the end of the day... unless ofc there was some dry skin, then it held on for dear cakey life.

Over all, I'd say it's a decent product. But for this price I don't want decent, and I expected much more from the hype surrounding this product.

on 4/3/2018 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got so happy when I swatched it at sephora! It actually seemed to be a light enough shade for me, no yellow ondertone more neutral /pink, I bought it in shade:chantilly. I rarely find shades that matches me.

In swedish kronor it is 350:- maybe about 35 dollars, expensive, but it is a more luxury brand.

Personally I love the packeging, I think its luxury enough for the price, but the black top easely gets dirty, and I can't be bothered to keep it neat and clean. It feels quite heavy and the glass component looks pretty, it has pracitical applicator with a doe foot.

It creeses less than other concealers I have tried, but its not perfect, the bes t yet for me :) right now om setting it with nars translucent powder in crystal with an eco tools brush. I blend it out with a damp beaty blender, i prefer the little small green one. I have to play around with different methods and see what works better/worse. Right now Im happy with it, a little does go a long way, and also great coverage in my opinion comparing to other concealers I have tried.

My skin is wery drie so even the eye area can get really flake and irritadet, I even covered up a wound with this and it worked fine. DOsent irritate my eyes. I cant use it as an eye primer, I havent find one concealer that wokred for me like that so nothing strange for me, I use eye primer instead, I got hooded eyes.. I Do have wrinkles under my eye, I rccomend using pandas dream cool eye stick underneath. Its just an all trough good experience with this product!

on 3/24/2018 5:58:00 PM

Love this concealer.

Despite its claims to be radiant and creamy i dont think it is immensely in either department.

Its very medium coverage. And i can find it slightly to stiff to apply and i cant get a bit of creasing and dryness

Those are the one flaws, because this is a really good concealer neverless. It covers my dark circles and makes my undereye area look a but brighter. I also find that the product runs out very quick and i hate when i get to the end of it.

But i love this concealer because it always holds up on my skin. It never fades or budges and it covers.