NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

For me, this concealer is allllll about how you apply it. When I first bought it a month ago, I instantly hated it. Whether I used my fingers to tap it in, used a 217 brush to buff it in under my eyes, or used a beauty blender, this would crease on me like mad. Then I watched a video Andrea Ali did on YouTube with one of Nars' top people and she said Nars products are designed to go on with your fingers, so the next time I applied it, I used my ring finger to blend the concealer out in downward strokes (very gently; I didn't tug or pull at my eyes, just sort of glided my ring finger over it) and BAM! Beautiful finish, gorgeous coverage that lasted at least 6 hours on me (I don't wear makeup for longer than that anyway) and the colour Custard was the perfect match for me. Please take note of the fact that I use the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach under it, and the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Powder to set it.

However, having said all of that, I probably wouldn't buy this again. It's too much work for me to gently try to maneuver this into place in an area as delicate as the undereye, and I've just gotten my hands on the Tarte Shape Tape and I'm kinda hoping that will be easier to work with. I'll review that one separately after a few weeks of use. Overall, this is a good concealer, and I do get the hype, but it's just too much work for me.

on 1/25/2018 6:00:00 PM

This stuff is pricey... however... it's the only concealer I've found thus far that I can use around my eye area. I've tried nearly every other raved about concealer that's both made for the undereyes and not and this is the only one that doesn't make my eye area look like a desert. I don't even have a ton of wrinkles around my eyes but it is on the dryer side so concealers typically cake up and extenuate every line. This stuff is a thin enough consistency but has a decent amount of coverage. It also works on blemishes but I typically use the Tape Shape for that because I can't use TS for my dark bags and that's what I bought it for. (basically I want to use it up)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This might deserve a 3.5 or 4.5 star, depends on the user really.

I have fair skin with cool/pink undertone. On a scale of 1 lightest - 10 darkest purple, I would give my eye circles a 7 on an average day. I accepted by now there's no way I can cover my circles with just one or even two products and have it match the rest of my skin color. I bought Chantilly although that one is said to be for warm undertone. Vanilla, which was the recommend shade for me, suited better for my skin color but since I have to apply something else both under and on top of the concealer on my eyelid area, Chantilily worked better with the other products I have.

The texture is good for smooth, normal-to-oily skin. It feels a little dry on dry skin if you don't use a moisturizer/primer beforehand. It doesn't fill in fine lines - or let's say does it less than the other concealers, all of them fill in a bit. It does a good job covering and indeed has some bright look but like I said, when you're like me and have to apply something else on top of the concealer to cover dark circles, it doesn't mean much if the concealer has a bright look, does it?

My conclusion: I would definitely recommend trying this at a store, it's a good concealer. But if you're on a budget, I'd also suggest thinking twice if it's worth the price for you. By my judgement, if your dark circles are not very dark, you find a shade in the line that matches your skin tone AND you like a little bright look... I mean if you can use this concealer alone and get the look you want, it's worth the price. I loooved the bright look.

This concealer's price is 130 in my country's currency. M.A.C. concealers for example start from 52 and between 52 and 130, they have 11 different line of concealers with different textures. I'm not a fan of MAC at all but only looking at the performance at covering dark circles, there was no difference between a cheaper MAC concealer and this one from NARS. I can't use either of them alone. In cases like this I don't think NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer's price is worth it. At least not if you will use it daily so the product won't last long.

(My actual rating is 3.5 lippies).

Practically all of the base products I've tried oxidized two shades darker on me, even with a primer on (ex. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing Hydrating Concealer, Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer, etc.). With this concealer being so raved about, I was hoping it would work for me. But this oxidizes too, which makes me so upset. I've tried two shades, Custard and the recently added shade Café Con Leche. Custard was too dark, so I tried Café Con Leche which seemed like the perfect shade at first. Both oxidized two shades darker, and into a peachy colour that didn't match me at all. Unfortunately, both shades were completely unusable so I had to return them.

Besides the disappointing oxidization (that doesn't seem to happen to most people), this concealer is quite nice formula-wise. It is a nice consistency, blends out easily. Not too drying or matte and I haven't noticed any creasing (I’ve only used this after putting on eye cream though). I have to say that the coverage is not full enough to completely get eliminate any traces of my purple-brown under eyes, I can still see darkness peaking through.

The packaging is nice and sturdy, not bulky at all. The cap of this concealer is made of the rubberized black material used for most NARS products, and it gets dirtied with fingerprints and makeup residue fast. I do think that it would be nice if the price was knocked down to $30 CAD (we can all dream).

Overall, I think this is a solid concealer and I can see why it has reached holy grail status for so many people. But personally, I wasn’t able to make it work for me which was unfortunate. I would recommend this only to people who doesn’t usually have base products oxidize on them, and if you are someone like me who has all sorts of products oxidizing on their face I’d suggest trying samples first.

on 1/20/2018 12:28:00 AM

This goes right under my eye bags and stay put! I got the shade "caramel", it`s such a beautiful nude color, im tempted to use on lips!! Def my HG from now on, wish I got this earlier. My only gripe the price and nars went back to testing on animals :(
Dear Nars, pls dont test on animals!

The sleek packaging is nice for travels and can be confused as a liquid lipstick

Pros
So creamy and the wand goes on well and blendable.

Cons
fades and needs reapplication

Wld def try anor lighter shade like caramel or sthg

Recommend?
Buy and splurge!

I've always wanted this concealer, but I was afraid that this product would be bad. Even though there were many positive reviews about this product I was spectacle, especially when the price is pretty expensive. Although the price is a bit expensive, this product is great. The texture of the product is creamy, buildable, blendable and the package is what I expect a concealer to look like. It is worth the hype and recommend this product with anyone who needs to cover up dark circles. Thank you for reading my review here's a cookie 🍪

Besides Bareminerals complete cover serum concealer, this is my second favourite! I bought "Custard" and it is a little lighter than my neutral-warmish skintone (I am Chinese), not as liquidy as bareminerals but creamy enough to blend. It gives a good coverage, very natural and doesn't settle into fine lines. :)

on 1/8/2018 9:58:00 AM

Holy grail concealer. Cannot emphasize enough how beautiful it is.

on 12/28/2017 11:40:00 AM

It is the best! My HG. I am on my 3rd tube and it never disappoints! Mind you, I have got really dark undereyes (my problem since birth). I got deep set eyes too. I have tried a LOT of concealers but this tops off everything. Does not crease. I just had to set it with translucent powder and I'm good to go for the entire day.
Shade: GINGER

on 12/19/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so after reading tons of reviews on this concealer i still did not run out and buy it, i put it off for soo long until one random day i happened to have the right amount of money, i was in the right store and i was in the right mood, i thought what the heck YOLO so i bought the darn concealer. To all the people who are like me you read the reviews but dont take the plunge right away, GO AND BUY THIS CONCEALER RIGHT NOW!!! Previously i have used mac pro longwear if you think that concealer was too drying and cakey , nars concealer will save you. This concealer is amazinggg, it covers my dark circles really well so amazing coverage but not too heavy and its soo creamy and blends like a dreamm. It is the first concealer to not look cakey in my pores it goes on really smooth , doesnt crease at all and it doesnt leave my t zone oily whatsoever but is still hydrating enough to not make it dry and cakey looking it is perfect! It makes your skin look so smooth and flawless so like i said please buy this concealer if you have been searching for a good concealer for a long time and you have textured skin like mine and also dry and oily skin at the same time, i feel like this nars concealer is the hg for troublesome and hard to please skin its beautiful, i promise !