NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.

on 2/28/2017 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The best undereye concealer. Desperate to re purchase once I get through another one or two of my concealers. It blends like a dream and the shade range is so good.

on 2/22/2017 1:24:00 AM

I use it for my eyes. Very nice product. Under my eyes is very purple, brown. I tried 15-20 closure. The most beautiful nars. I like my nars coverer. Its persistence is beautiful. I do not even cry with the powder. :D

on 2/17/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This was the first concealer that I'd ever used that didn't highlight dryness or flakiness (excluding my undereye area). It's great for covering up general redness or the occasional pimple - leaving a very natural skinlike finish. Its ability to look natural while being a fuller coverage product is quite impressive. It has average wear time on me (fading after around 5 hours) and is not as tenacious as my new favorite for this type of general concealing - the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (I have reviewed this as well).

I am an olive NC20ish and found Custard was an ok match. This product has quite a good shade range for light to medium skin tones now they've added additional shades to the range since I purchased this product. I would buy one shade lighter if I were to repurchase. I also like that this is fragrance free.

What I don't like: While I had hoped this could be a great multipurpose concealer used both on my face and under the eyes, it is much too drying for my under eye area. It gives my undereye a crepe-y appearance. The colour was also too yellow for use on my purple-y dark circles - it gave a grey look. Side note: I am yet to find a great under eye concealer as yet.

I also find that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC PLW concealer as noted above - the MAC does a better job of maintaining coverage of a few broken capillaries that I have on my nose even though they're right where my sunglasses sit. Another annoyance worth noting is that this is marketed as a 'radiant' concealer when it has no radiance to it whatsoever. It's very much a natural matte finish on my drier skin type.

Overall, it's a slightly above average product that I probably won't buy again when there are so many concealers out there and I'd rather try something new. However if you are looking for a fuller coverage concealer that has a skin like finish then this is worth checking out. I would suggest it's more suitable for normal to combination skins.

on 1/11/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love NARS concealer!! I use Vanilla and am extremely happy with it. I use to use YSL and NARS takes the prize! It's so creamy and smooth. It's great for highlighting also. It may be pricey but it lasts a long time. Very well worth the price I <3 it!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 12/8/2016 11:16:00 AM

I love the product but there are just a few things which annoy me!

The actual concealer is amazing, great coverage & super creamy as it says!

However, the packaging & the price is a bit of a let down.
Packaging - the material of the lid is like a silicone feel so anything that touches it sticks! so after about 3 uses its look so dirty!

The price i suppose comes with the brand so i can't exactly moan, just quite expensive for such a small amount of product. (£22.50)
But even still i still love the concealer and will continue to buy it! :D

on 11/16/2016 11:48:00 PM

This concealer is listed as medium to full buildable coverage. I'd say it's more medium than full, and it's not very buildable.

My main goal for a concealer is to cover up my dark undereye circles and darkness on and around the lid. This concealer does NOT work for that. It creases under the eye and on the lid. Nothing I could do made it better. I moisturized under the eye, I left it dry. I used a primer, I skipped primer. I tried powdering and not powdering. It's going to crease.

Furthermore, after not even an hour of wear, the areas covered by the concealer look dry and crusty in a "makeupy" way. It was an odd texture, which was disappointing because it looks VERY good when first put on. Because of this, it also didn't work well to cover any spots I had, because the pimple would soon have a really different unnatural texture that didn't "match" the rest of my face.

By the end of the day, the concealer wasn't even on anymore.

This may work better for someone with oilier skin, but as someone with normal to dry skin this product just didn't.

As for the packaging.. the stopper keeps you from getting to a lot of product. Before I tossed it, I removed the stopper and had a lot of product left. I would remove it as you start to run out.

A great concealer. I use it to cover my under eye bags and it works great. Has a rather thick consitency but blends out amazingly. Does not crease, even without setting. I use the shade vanilla which has a pink undertone great for highlighting.
Another plus is the beautifull sleek Nars packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this concealer! It is so light, yet at the same time covers up all skin pigmentation issues like nothing. It's amazing to use as a highlighter and under eye concealer. I have not tried it for blemishes as I have only purchased a lighter than my skin tone version of this however I would say it won't cover blemishes as effectively as it is a little light and blends out quiet a lot. It is better to be used on a larger area where you need a concentration of colour and coverage rather than spot concealing.

It runs out quick unfortunately but it's not too that pricey so it's not really a problem. The applicator is quiet rough - that's the only downfall. You can feel the stick through the cushioney bit and it's not my ideal of what I want to touch my face but hey can't have everything my way.

Overall I don't think I will even bother looking in to replacements for this, I will be using it over and over for a long time!