NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.9

on 4/19/2018 5:10:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this product. I have bought and returned it, in several colors, about four times!! Probably because I just can't find anything else that meets my needs, and this one keeps getting recommended! I am very fair, Mont Blanc in Nars' Sheer Glow foundation ( which is neither sheer or glowy!). I have tried the Vanilla, the Chantilly, and the new Creme Brulee because it was supposed to be pinker. The Chantilly was white, the Vanilla had no pink in it, just a greyish yellow, and the Creme Brulee left peachy residue around the inside of my nose and was all around too dark. And that is just the colors. I don't find the formula to be radiant at all! It has light coverage that creased into lines beneath my eyes before I even had any! It looked more dry than radiant to me! I had high hopes for the Creme Brulee, thinking that I would finally find a concealer with a fair, cool undertone that was hydrating and glowy. NOT, will have to keep looking. Again I don't get all the hype. This is just another Nars product, like the Sheer Glow foundation, that is misnamed. At least the foundation was the color described, I can't say the same for the concealer. Any suggestions would be helpful. BTW, I wear Bobbi Brown's Extra Light Bisque corrector under all my concealers, that is how dark my circles are! But her concealers are not cool or hydrating enough either.

on 4/14/2018 7:00:00 AM

I bought the shade “ Canelle” twice. Advantages: creamy formula, hydrating, varies undertones, sleek packaging , works well with a variety of foundations Disadvantages: not many colours to suit deeper skin tones , very expensive at £25 , small amount of product for the price , applicator doesn’t get a lot of the product out & seems very sharp( don’t know if I got unlucky twice) I would buy again

on 2/8/2018 12:47:00 AM

One of the most over rated products I’ve ever used. I bought this after seeing so many favourable reviews on YouTube. It’s awful! It doesn’t cover dark circles and I could’ve bought at least three superior drug store purchase for less. Don’t waste your money.

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an overall really good concealer. Covers dark circles amazingly! Absolutely love that! It creases pretty little if you set it!
I have a youtube channel, where I talk about all things beauty, I will leave my links down below! Im pretty sure I have mentioned that this is in a tie for first place of my favorite under eye concealer! My other favorite is the it cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer! Both are awesome for covering dark circles!

Link to my channel:

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Yeah, no. This is not working for me. Having used this pretty much daily since I posted this review, I find that it creases under my eyes no matter how much setting spray or setting powder I use. Then I tried using it for all over coverage on my discoloration and ended up with pimples everywhere I applied it. Boo hiss. I went back and bought Shape Tape, so we'll see how that goes.

TLDR: This was a complete and total impulse buy. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I find no faults with it and will use it until it's gone. I think it's worth trying if you want smooth dark circle coverage.

So this wasn't planned. I wanted something new for my undereyes and went into Sephora with the intention of trying Tarte Shape Tape. (Fun fact! Sephora doesn't carry it; I didn't realize this.) Anyways, a sales rep recommended the NARS concealer to me instead so this is what I have now.

I bought it in the color Creme Brûlée which honestly may be a fraction dark for me right now, but it was the only "cool" light tone. I find that if I pat in a thin swipe of my light Maybelline dark circle corrector it helps balance out the tone. I've applied it both with fingertips and with a beauty blender and it blends out nicely either way.

The coverage is fine but not mind-blowing, it does successfully brighten up my dark undereyes. I've not had any issues with it looking cakey or dry, and the creasing is minimal. It blends on very smooth actually. I've also not noticed it oxidizing or anything weird. As easily as concealers break me out, I've worn this one daily for a week and had no acne issues from it.

Overall it's OK. I like it enough that I'll finish the tube. I don't know if I'll purchase it again after this since I'd still like to try Tarte, but I think it's fine.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have no idea what took me so long to try this - might be because I have been using another NARS concealer (soft matte). As the air gets dryer this Fall, I was looking for something more creamy in texture. I'm using it in Creme Brulee, and it blends beautifully with my skin tone. I know others often use this as a highlighter, so they go one shade or two lighter, but I am looking to truly conceal and wanted a match that would blend into my skin. I like the texture and haven't found it drying. This is my new go-to.

on 11/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

My under eye circles are really bad and I belive Ive tried almost everything out there. Thanks to a girl at Sephora i tried pairing this concealer in Vanilla with a peach corrector fr.o.m. Becca cosmetics and together they work wonders for me. Love this stuff.

on 9/22/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this in 2 shades because I love it so much. I have biscuit which I am currently using and custard for the winter season. It blends like a dream! It does crease a bit without powder, but I usually set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder, which is the ultimate duo. It's a bit pricey for concealer, but I find that it's worth the money. I've tried the Maybeline Fit Me "dupe", but I feel like this is the real deal and the better consistency. I've tried many concealers ranging from high end to drug store, but this is my favorite. When I'm packing for a trip, this is one of the first things I throw in my bag. I wish they made a small travel version of biscuit as well.

on 8/19/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a decent product. A good one even if you can make it work for you. The coverage is good, it definitely is radiant. But it has a tendency to emphasize lines and make your under eyes look dry. I find that when my skin is in a good condition, i.e., hydrated and flake-free, this works beautifully. But if your undereyes are dry, this will magnify it and make it look worse. And please don't apply it like youtubers and do those huge triangles. That's a recipe for caking and creasing. Work your way up with thin layers. This is quite pigmented, you probably need less than you think you do. I apply this only after I prime my undereyes. I blend it carefully and set it with the RCMA no color powder. You have to work fast since this concealer sets quite fast. Don't set it with powder before you've blended away any creasing. This works quite well on acne scarring. I found that it didn't hide my active acne completely. I also use this on my no-foundation days. I just dab this under my eyes, around the nose, chin, the center of my forehead and sometimes cheeks if I have redness from scarring and blend it out with my beauty blender. It looks very natural. I don't hate this product, I've even purchased this 3 times. But I would probably explore other concealers after I use mine up.

Update: Okay I've changed my mind. I ventured out and tried some other cult favorite concealers and all of them performed worse than the Nars one. Or maybe its because my skin is behaving quite well these days. I'm on tazorac right now and once the drying and flaking phase was over, it inexplicably started making my skin oily (I'm not complaining! My skin was like the Sahara desert). This glides on smoothly and is perfect for those no-makeup makeup days. I'm sticking to this one until something so phenomenal comes along that it blows this one out of the water.