NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.9

on 2/25/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have serious dark circles since I was a teenager. I am always looking for a good under eye concealer that is not drying and has enough coverage. Nars is my HG so far (It suits me better than tarte, cle de pau which are both too drying; it beat bobbie brown and laura mercier which fail to cover my circles) . I will try by Terry concealer to see which one is better.

on 11/24/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've repurchased this product over five times and I will most definitely be continuing to purchase it. This is the best concealer ever, incredible for my dry skin doesn't cling to dry patches. I have fair skin and use the lightest shade of this concealer to cover my redness that I have from when I had severe acne. This concealer is amazing as a liquid highlighter, again I use the lightest shade of the lot to highlight with. This product is 100% worth your money. The best thing Nars has ever come out with.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe the hype. This concealer is amazing for brightening under eyes. Not cakey or drying. Will buy again and again.

on 4/9/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I use it in blemishes and under my eyes. Sometimes when I'm too lazy to wear anything else, I'll just use this to spot conceal.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a hard time sleeping so I have some fairly prominent dark circles, I think this concealer is a God send. I'm on my second or third tube of this particular concealer and I'll continue to repurchase. The formula is quite thick but I don't mind. I need all of the help hiding the bags under my eyes that I could get. It also provides a lit from within kind of glow. If I'm in a rush, I'm able to blend it in with my ring fingers although I find I've had the best results with my Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh, I wish I could hate Nars products, just because their price is SO high! But sadly for my wallet, I really like the Radiant Creamy Concealer. It works especially well for neutralizing undereye darkness. (and I have VERY dark undereye discoloration, especially in my inner corners)

I have very dry skin. I use it over moisturizer and primer and it lasts as good as any concealer I have ever used. I do think it has really great coverage.

What really makes this product shine is the overall finish it gives. It just blends so nicely and looks so natural. (yes, that "skin" finish that we are all looking for) After I apply, you would never guess I have so much discoloration under my eyes.

The applicator takes some getting used to, it applies WAY too much product. I just need a tiny dab or two under each eye, and it is more than enough.
I don't really get breakouts, so I can't speak to how well it works for that.

I have a LOT of redness in my cheeks. (borderline rosacea) I have tried a few times to use this in a larger application to cover my cheeks, but it just feels too heavy underneath a foundation, and tends to look a bit cakey for this type of application. (typically I buy a full coverage foundation to cover my redness)

I purchased this in the Vanilla shade, and I think it matches pretty good. Typically I am around NW15 (fair, cool toned) but with summer coming I figured the Vanilla might work for my skin.

If you are in your 30's and have some fine lines:
This might not be for you. I do have some fine lines on the outside of my eyes. (no lines below my eye though) On my first application of the concealer, I dotted product all the way under my eye. As I blended outwards, I did notice that it did settle in the fine lines near the outside corners of my eyes.
For me, this isn't really a problem. Most of the discoloration below my eyes is the inner corner and just slightly outward from there. So when I apply product, I put a few tiny dots only in the place I need it, never blending further outward.
If you have some fine lines, you might want to make sure you use an eyecream before you use this.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In love with this concealer!! I bought this after hearing amazing things and am so glad I did. I wear medium 2- ginger and it works a treat. I usually struggle with dark circles which are difficult to conceal because my skin is really dry. This concealer masks the circles, moisturises my skin and doesn't settle in any fine lines. It just leaves a radiant glow over the skin. You can't use this one to hide blemishes because its light reflecting nature will draw attention to the imperfection, but it does double up as a highlighter. It's quite pricey, but a tiny amount goes a very long way so well worth the money!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the consistency of this product. It has phenomenal pigmentation, good staying power and (applied carefully), I don't have an issue with it settling into lines (which are not particularly fine, if you get my drift).

The biggest surprise for me was that I didn't need the lightest color, even for my NW15ish skintone. I picked up the 2nd lightest shade, Vanilla, and it is a great match. The pigmentation, as stated before, is phenomenal. I have some pretty serious under eye circles and this product covers them better than anything else I've tried (include LM SC and MAC Studio Finish) without needing to apply a ton of it.

I generally set the concealer with Laura Mercier's Under Eye Brightening Powder and it lasts a solid 6 hours before it starts to break down at all and a good 9 hours before it needs touching up. I use this under my eyes, but I really don't ever use it to cover blemishes, so I can't really say how it performs there.

As I said, I do set it with powder, but even if you don't use powder, it dries down to a matte finish. I think it's fairly unique in this as most of the really creamy concealers I've tried tend to not dry down well.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 3/19/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very expensive but this works for me, here's how:

Dark Circles: completely covered with one coat (mine are seriously dark grey/purple with a v white face so they're harder to hide)

Spots: Completely covered with one coat, no building required.

Freckles: Completely covered despite having some v dark freckles on naturally vampire pale skin.

Redness and spider veins: Covered with one to two coats.

Natural finish and luminous. Even on my exceptionally dry skin, this is creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness but softens it and makes my skin look soft, glowing, luminous.

Coverage: It not only covers my unusually dark circles but should I happen to be cack handed and smear a smudge onto my lip line, I have naturally deep pink lips, it conceals them too.

Colour Chantilly the palest in the range: a very pale ivory, perfect for my white skin.

Application: Easy as pie with my finger, a cotton bud or brush, applies well whatever I use.

Effect with daily usage on T zone and around eyes on v dry and spotty skin: None discernible.

Consistency: surprisingly thick which is good as it covers so well.

Buildable: oh yes... and very smoothly

Result: Blimey I look younger.

Others have tried that are good but this beats by a mile: YSL touche éclat, Bobbi brown touch up stick and the utterly useless Bobbi brown under eye concealer for dark circles, derma blend.

Will buy again, would be fool not to, if I can afford it.

Edit: after using for a month or so, I do find this can look drying on any dry problem skin areas, otherwise pleased with it.
Edit: years after first buying this and still using it happily, except for cost, I've found this also is very good at sculpting the face easily, quickly and subtly. As this formula is rich and thick, tiny dabs will spread over a large surface and sculpt in a minute.

on 6/26/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have had dark circles for years and they have only got worse with age. Nars Creamy Concealer is the right consistency, not so thin as not to have any pigmentation, not so thick as to not be blendable and settle into my fine lines-unless I overdo it.. I like the colour range-I use Macadamia, but earlier I mixed Ginger and Custard (now wondering what that would taste like, probably pretty good)-I'm glad more companies are realising there are so many WoC who buy makeup and giving us more shades. I'm about an NC30 at present, but get to an NC25 at times and to an NC35 in the height of summer and it matches well and looks very natural. It is buildable, so don't apply it all at once, wait for it to dry and then dab on a little again. Focus on the darkest areas, usually close to the nose. One of my main gripes is that it doesn't stay on all day, probably about 5 or 6 hours, even though I wear it over eye cream and primer. One day, they will be able to fix dark circles, until then, we need concealer.