NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.

on 1/24/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a thick concealer that is very opaque. While it covers a lot, on my dry type skin it always ends up looking caked and cracked, no matter how I apply it (fingers, brush, damp sponge). Additionally, likely due to the dryness of my skin, this can be difficult to blend. I used my entire tube -- which took just over a year, but I don't put it on anything other than a few small acne scars once or twice a week.

If one were to apply this under the eyes, to highlight, or in any way more liberally than me this could last 3 months tops.There is so little product. Only 6 mL. It's crazy.

If you have oily or combo skin I see how this could be lovely, since the coverage is so high and the shades are beautiful. The formula simply is not suited to dry skin.

on 12/17/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has great coverage but is slightly thick and can turn cakey quickly when I use as an under eye concealer. Works fine for red spots on face, still need to pay attention so it doesn't cake. I have uber dry mature skin and this I gave away to my daughter. She enjoys it. Glad it's being put to use.

on 3/28/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this concealer in the lightest colour, Chantilly. The colour is a beautiful pale yellow that covers dark circles under my eyes and offers very full coverage concealing elsewhere. I would highly recommend this product. Sometimes it can get a little dry but my skin is prone in that direction anyway.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GOT THIS IN THE COLOR CHANTILLY WANTED IT IT BRIGHTEN UP MY UNDEREYE,I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE THIS AS OIL PAINT,IT HAS A SHINE,ONCE IT DRIES ON THE SKIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY PEEL OFF THE WHOLE THING WITH YOUR FINGERNAIL LIKE A PIECE OF SOFT PLASTIC LIKE IT ROLLS UP IN A BALL LIKE PAINT DOES,THATS WHY IT IS NOT CREAMY WHATSOEVER,IT CRINKLES UP THE SKIN IT IS ON,IT REMINDS ME OF REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION.IT DEFINETLY WILL SHOW UP WRINKLES.THE DUPE FOR THIS IS E.L.F. HD LIFTING BRIGHTENER IN YELLOW IT IS THE SAME BUT DONT PEEL OFF.

on 2/25/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have serious dark circles since I was a teenager. I am always looking for a good under eye concealer that is not drying and has enough coverage. Nars is my HG so far (It suits me better than tarte, cle de pau which are both too drying; it beat bobbie brown and laura mercier which fail to cover my circles) . I will try by Terry concealer to see which one is better.

on 11/24/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've repurchased this product over five times and I will most definitely be continuing to purchase it. This is the best concealer ever, incredible for my dry skin doesn't cling to dry patches. I have fair skin and use the lightest shade of this concealer to cover my redness that I have from when I had severe acne. This concealer is amazing as a liquid highlighter, again I use the lightest shade of the lot to highlight with. This product is 100% worth your money. The best thing Nars has ever come out with.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this concealer, which is funny, because at first I was dead set against it. I didn't think the price was fair, and I still don't, hence three stars. On the basis of product alone, I'd give it 5. But the cost is steep and the size is small.

I'm fair, 38, with dry skin. I only use this when I'm on my game with skin care. If I fall off my regimen, touché eclat is more forgiving, imho. It also works better in winter. I could try a different shade for summer but at the price I paid I just use something cheaper when I have more colour 😉.

When I am applying my oils, retinoids and washing with oils, this concealer paired with a small bit of clarins tinted sunscreen, is all I need. I swipe it under my eyes, by the red bits of my nose and dot on some old acne scars. I blend with my fingers and highlight with a becca powder. It lasts all day, blends great and gives me a low to no make up natural look that I love - while still keeping me looking bright and fresh.

on 6/20/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best concealer I have found, but I am still on the hunt for a better one.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe the hype. This concealer is amazing for brightening under eyes. Not cakey or drying. Will buy again and again.