NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 6/24/2018 9:40:00 PM

I tried out the soft matte before this and i wish i had just went straight for this one. That one is great but i prefer the formula in the creamy radiant better. Its very natural and blends seamlessly into the skin. It looks more like skin. The soft matte is great for cutting the brows but for undereyes it can be slight drying. Also it does not cover acne that well. Id rather pick this one because it looks more natural and its super creamy, hence the name. I toss it in my purse because its touch up friendly because it doesnt cake when layered (soft matte gets very cakey) and so easy to use, just dab onto problem areas and it just blends like a dream. This has become the only thibg i put on my face other than moisturizer and blushthighlight. Ive been skipping foundation and powdee because it just feels too heavy.

i use creme brule<3
Custard is too yellow and darker
Canelle is too orange also a bit dark
Vanilla is too light

my skin is light neutral. not too pink or yellow. my body looks more yellow than my face.
I am Mac Nc20, nars sheer glow in ceylan 6

I'll start with the fact that I tried this ages ago when it first released. I couldn't find a shade I liked (custard was the closest undertone but too dark). It was too drying on my undereyes. Using it alone looked cakey and aged me drastically. So I returned it.

Fast forward to this year and I bought it a second time recently in Vanilla. It's too light on my skin but I like the coverage. I tend to stick to using it on my nose, redness around my nose, discoloration around my mouth, the broken capillaries by my mouth (looks like: |||), and any healing acne.

I do use the tiniest bit when covering my face. Just the end of the doe foot in the back of my hand. Then I do a second tip of the doe foot on the back of my hand. Then using my ring finger I pat it under my eyes. Focusing on my tear troughs for the most part. Then I use L'Oreal Pro Glow (#1) over it and set it with E.L.F under eye powder. So my under eye looks the most concealed this way. Using the NARS RCC alone is cakey AF on my under eyes.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

on 5/27/2018 5:15:00 PM

Don't love packaging but OH MY WOW is this concealer amazing. I have bad, bad skin, like, going-on-Accutane-soon bad. This concealer sits SO WELL (atop a primer but even without) blends so easily is pretty damn full coverage and is the best product I've ever used. Only downside is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with tons of product (and with skin as bad as mine I practically use it as a foundation layer lol)

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)

on 5/2/2018 5:26:00 PM

It’s just alright, not the greatest for the price. I’d rather use a drugstore concealer over this... The coverage is pretty good, it’s so thick that it creases even after setting with a powder. Also, the doe foot applicator is pretty scratchy. I prefer the tarte shapetape and maybelline fit me over this. The packaging is very cute tho

on 4/30/2018 8:05:00 PM

After I finished my last tube of concealer, I decided to give this a try and see what the hype was all about. I had wanted to purchase this earlier, but NARS did not make a shade that suited my fair, neutral/olive skin tone (NC20) until they recently came out with Creme Brulee. This is definitely a nice concealer, but I don't think it's as amazing as many of us have been led to believe.

Pros:
- Has a nice creamy texture with a satin finish, I would say this has medium coverage
- Great for concealing discoloration all over the face; could be used for highlighting/contour
- This is not reflective or "radiant" per se, but it does provide a sort of brightening effect to the face

Cons:
- Creases and looks papery as the day goes on, even after a healthy dose of eye cream!
- Can become patchy during application, especially when adding more coverage.
- Not the best for severe dark circles; good for brightening the undereye on an average makeup day, but dark circles and bags peek through unless you layer it on.
-Not the most budget-friendly, though it is more affordable than some other concealers it competes with. Not enough bang-for-your-buck for me.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good concealer, but not something I will purchase again. I can see how some people may love this, especially those who don't like anything too heavy or a dewy finish. Perhaps I will have better luck with the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, or something more emollient.

on 4/19/2018 5:10:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this product. I have bought and returned it, in several colors, about four times!! Probably because I just can't find anything else that meets my needs, and this one keeps getting recommended! I am very fair, Mont Blanc in Nars' Sheer Glow foundation ( which is neither sheer or glowy!). I have tried the Vanilla, the Chantilly, and the new Creme Brulee because it was supposed to be pinker. The Chantilly was white, the Vanilla had no pink in it, just a greyish yellow, and the Creme Brulee left peachy residue around the inside of my nose and was all around too dark. And that is just the colors. I don't find the formula to be radiant at all! It has light coverage that creased into lines beneath my eyes before I even had any! It looked more dry than radiant to me! I had high hopes for the Creme Brulee, thinking that I would finally find a concealer with a fair, cool undertone that was hydrating and glowy. NOT, will have to keep looking. Again I don't get all the hype. This is just another Nars product, like the Sheer Glow foundation, that is misnamed. At least the foundation was the color described, I can't say the same for the concealer. Any suggestions would be helpful. BTW, I wear Bobbi Brown's Extra Light Bisque corrector under all my concealers, that is how dark my circles are! But her concealers are not cool or hydrating enough either.

on 4/3/2018 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got so happy when I swatched it at sephora! It actually seemed to be a light enough shade for me, no yellow ondertone more neutral /pink, I bought it in shade:chantilly. I rarely find shades that matches me.

In swedish kronor it is 350:- maybe about 35 dollars, expensive, but it is a more luxury brand.

Personally I love the packeging, I think its luxury enough for the price, but the black top easely gets dirty, and I can't be bothered to keep it neat and clean. It feels quite heavy and the glass component looks pretty, it has pracitical applicator with a doe foot.

It creeses less than other concealers I have tried, but its not perfect, the bes t yet for me :) right now om setting it with nars translucent powder in crystal with an eco tools brush. I blend it out with a damp beaty blender, i prefer the little small green one. I have to play around with different methods and see what works better/worse. Right now Im happy with it, a little does go a long way, and also great coverage in my opinion comparing to other concealers I have tried.

My skin is wery drie so even the eye area can get really flake and irritadet, I even covered up a wound with this and it worked fine. DOsent irritate my eyes. I cant use it as an eye primer, I havent find one concealer that wokred for me like that so nothing strange for me, I use eye primer instead, I got hooded eyes.. I Do have wrinkles under my eye, I rccomend using pandas dream cool eye stick underneath. Its just an all trough good experience with this product!

on 2/27/2018 12:16:00 PM

I loved this product when I first applied it to my client, then 1 hour later it was creasing : ( the coverage is perfect but even with powdering the under eye area I had problems with this foundation.
Save your money, I prefer Mac and viseart concealors