NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I decided to re-write an old review because I've changed my mind about this completely. I loved it when I first got it, then after wear, watching my undertones more and including a more dewy foundation I just can't get on with it.

The formula is quite nice. It is very creamy, incredibly easy to blend and isn't at all flat- it really does look radiant. I'd say for a concealer it has medium coverage, which is just not enough for my particular brand of crazy dark circles. The lightest shade (chantilly) is also too yellow for my liking and other more neutral options are too dark. I'd more class it as a cool yellow though, so you more yellow toned cool peeps might love the shade. Personally though I need something like a cool neutral.

My main problem with this is the creasing. DEAR GODS THE CREASING. I've tried my newer foundation without this and had no problems at all, but with this I crease like absolute crazy. I have tried every method to work with the formula but I just can't. Powder first, Powder then primer, Powder after, Powder sacrifices to the great lord satan- just nothing works. I have large-ish round eyes so I have a small amount of deep natural lines under my eyes which have been there since childhood, i'm not sure if it would be as bad with fine lines caused by age but it might be something to take into account.

All in all, this just isn't worth the money for me any more.

I first used this concealer with a full face of foundation, & truthfully didn't care for it. It just didn't wow me, especially for the price. It sat in my collection for awhile- and I decided to try it out with a more natural face. Some days, I like to look more natural (though I love full out glam most days ❤️) I honestly had troubles finding a concealer that didn't look obvious under my eyes. My skin is clear, and I have tiny under eye circles- but I have blue veins under each of my eyes. I've had them for years, and they have always made me self conscious- they're easily covered with a full face of makeup. This is the only concealer that looks flawless under my eyes. It brightens, covers the blue veins & just looks beautiful. I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. Considering no laser place I've gone to will zap these veins (they're to close to my eyes) I'm really happy with how this looks :) not sure why this doesn't work with any of my foundations - but I'm not complaining.

on 12/8/2017 2:33:00 PM

This product is kind of pricey for a concealer, sure - but a tube also lasts me about a year, so it ends up being a really good value. I use Chantilly, which is a great match for my pale NW15 skin. It doesn't cover my under-eye circles but they are the dreaded genetic shiner variety and quite honestly nothing will cover those. I use it for an all around concealer/brightener, and it has a nice texture that looks natural.

NARS is cruelty free, although they've just expanded into the Chinese market which requires animal testing - so I'm not sure that they will be able to retain that distinction for much longer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have tried numerous concealers for under eyes, and this one has to be the best I have used. The price is steep and scary but completely worth it. It is so creamy and just thick enough to provide coverage, but you don't feel it on your skin. It takes seconds to blend and lasts all day on me. I had originally got the mini version to "try", and I used the entire thing up, which is so rare for me. I would recommend just taking the plunge and buying the full size, I don't think you will regret it. It truly works wonders.

on 11/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my best concealer, and I have re-purchased it many times. It blends out like a dream, and doesn't settle into any fine lines. However, it doesn't cover all of my dark circles - but nothing ever does, so I'm not too mad about it. I apply this under my eyes, and blend it out with a beauty-blender, before setting it with a loose setting powder.

on 11/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

My under eye circles are really bad and I belive Ive tried almost everything out there. Thanks to a girl at Sephora i tried pairing this concealer in Vanilla with a peach corrector fr.o.m. Becca cosmetics and together they work wonders for me. Love this stuff.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is my HG concealer. I’ve tried numerous drugstore & high end concealers however they either are cakey, too dry, too oily or crease easily.

This concealer is amazing. The texture is very creamy, opaque & isn’t too thick. It glides on the skin beautifully, I use the Real Techniques Expert Concealer brushes to apply both under my eyes & on any blemishes. I notice if you apply too much product, it can get cakey so I recommend only using a small amount!

I purchased the two shades Vanilla & Chantilly as I wasn’t sure what would suit my fair skin. Vanilla is slightly too pink but I’m able to it use it for red areas or blemishes on my face. Chantilly is a touch too light for my skin tone, so it’s perfect for under eye highlighting. I usually set my under eye area with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder however it doesn’t crease even if I don’t use it.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of the staples in my makeup collection. Vanilla is just a tad too pink for me but the Chantilly is perfect. I 100% would re purchase!

on 11/1/2017 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another failed concealer for my under-eye dark circles. I am very fair so I bought Chantilly and it is too pale for even a pasty faced woman like me. I am of Irish descent and I did not think anything could be too pale and after reading comments about the Vanilla turning orange, I didn't want to chance that. Anyway, too light, almost looks like white grease paint. Texture is not great, seems drying. I really looked forward to this because I LOVE Nars blusher. This concealer for me is a major fail and I will not purchase it again. I consider this to be a waste of a fair amount of money.

on 10/25/2017 9:12:00 PM

I find this concealer pretty cakey and drying. That said, it does offer good coverage.

The formula reminds me of MAC's select cover-up, but the packaging between the two products are super different. I actually prefer the little tube that MAC's select cover up concealer comes in as it's more sanitary than applying concealer with a wand.

In terms of a less expensive dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I know that Maybelline's Fit Me concealer is often touted as being a good option, and I definitely like that concealer but in my opinion, the formulas aren't all that similar. I would say that Maybelline's formula is thinner, easier to blend, more natural looking, and doesn't emphasize my dry skin as much as the Nars RCC.

I won't be repurchasing again.

I prefer Tarte's Shape Tape to conceal my blemishes as it offers much better coverage without looking too cakey. And for my under eyes, I greatly prefer Maybelline's Fit Me concealer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never found a better under eye concealer, Light 2/vanilla is a perfect match and actually blends into my foundation without giving me reverse raccoon eyes. There's little to no creasing, long wearing, and pigmented enough to cover my crazy dark eyes. My only complaint is that I seem to run out of this quickly, it feels like I'm replacing I every other month or so. Good for hygiene, bad for my wallet.