NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 2/17/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this concealer might be okay for spot concealing, and props for creating a shade light enough for super pale folks, but as an under-eye concealer, it was horrible. I don't have that many fine lines but it settled into all of them immediately. I regret buying it.

I use this with my nars sheer glow foundation.
    Best concealer I've used for under eyes.
    Lightweight and creamy as stated.
    Medium/ full coverage which I need, it does wonders.
    It's buildable not that you would need to use 2 layers.

I love it

on 2/8/2017 8:21:00 PM

I was so put off by the price of this concealer even though the EL one I use is only like $3 cheaper.
    I got the mini size as a gift. At first I wasn't conpletely wowed, but this turned into my every day concealer and now a staple product for me.

It's amazing for every day use.

This is why:
    *At nc15, which I presently am bc it's winter. I can use the shade vanilla to BOTH conceal my undereye and conceal blemishes. No longer do I need two separate concealers bc my undereye concealer highlights my zits and my zit concealer turns my undereyes yellow. Somehow I can use vanilla as a one stop shop.

*perfect amount of coverage. If I want flawless undereyes for days I am better off with ELDW concealer, Mac studio finish in nw20, benefit erase paste or a similar corrector. Nars rcc doesn't leave my undereyes completely flawless but it DOES COVER my grey circles for the most part, doesn't budge all day, doesn't crease, and doesn't pill while im applying it. It just works. It does exactly what I need it to do. No more no less. And im out the door really quickly.

*matte enough to last all day, but I can see where they got the radiant monomer. This really does just look like skin when it is on

So I will continue to buy this although the price sucks.

This is the best concealer for under eye that l've tried so far, all the other concealer that I use settle on my lines thus making it more noticeable but this one does not which is perfect. I use the vanilla shade the only con about this is that it's expensive. I've tried dupes for this but nothing pass. I have yet to try other high end concealer to compare to this one but for now this is the best for dark under eye concealing. Handsdown!

on 1/24/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a thick concealer that is very opaque. While it covers a lot, on my dry type skin it always ends up looking caked and cracked, no matter how I apply it (fingers, brush, damp sponge). Additionally, likely due to the dryness of my skin, this can be difficult to blend. I used my entire tube -- which took just over a year, but I don't put it on anything other than a few small acne scars once or twice a week.

If one were to apply this under the eyes, to highlight, or in any way more liberally than me this could last 3 months tops.There is so little product. Only 6 mL. It's crazy.

If you have oily or combo skin I see how this could be lovely, since the coverage is so high and the shades are beautiful. The formula simply is not suited to dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very good concealer, probably one of the best I have used in the last couple years. I first bought this not long after it came out, however I'm not using it currently. When I bought it initially, I mistakenly bought a shade that had an orange undertone rather than one with a yellow undertone. I am very pale with quite discoloured under eye circles that look very purply/brownish, almost bruise-like. I find that yellow better corrects this type of discolouration than orange, which works better for blue circles. This concealer did have very good coverage and did not seem to make my under eye area look very dehydrated, which is an issue I am prone to. I did notice that it could start to look cakey when not blended properly, and emphasized some small texture issues (especially if the under eye area was not hydrated before hand). On myself, I would not use this to cover blemishes as it seemed to emphasize them and wear off very quickly, however I did not buy it for this purpose. I am currently finishing up another concealer and plan on trying others as I continue my search for the HG under eye concealer, however I would definitely repurchase in the future if I do not find anything better.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
    Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
    I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
    By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

I really wanted to love this concealer but it seems everyone is having a different experience to it than I. Bought it in the lightest shade, apply under my eyes and on forehead and chin for highlight and find it to need a lot of product for high coverage. When I do, I like the coverage and the brightening pigment it has BUT it creases??? I swear this doesn't happen with anyone else, yet for me it always does. Bearing in mind I'm 18 with zero wrinkles lol.

Weirdest thing, I also find it makes my eyes sting and water when I apply it on my under eye area. Does anyone else get this? I've really been wondering...

Average packaging except the box practically fell apart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 12/11/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am always on the hunt for my HG concealer, and this one is pretty close to HG right now, the closest I ever got to a HG concealer. It's light, the coverage is great, it's not drying or cakey, it stays put all day once it's set with a light setting powder.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's NARS, so it's in the price range you would expect from something like that.

I use the shade Vanilla, light #2, and it's perfect for my fairer than NW15 skin.