NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

If you're looking for a full coverage luxury concealer, this is the 2nd choice you should be looking at.

Yes. I said it: 2nd choice. I have been using this concealer for about 9 months sometimes switching it up with the Tarte Shape Tape (which I have used for almost 2 years).
I use ol' trusty Nars Translucent Crystal powder to set.

Creasing: Minimal, but still creases upon first application and continues slowly as the day goes on. 3/5
Wear-time: Lasts all day 5/5
Application blended with sponge: Not patchy, medium to slightly full coverage. Not even close to full coverage as Shape Tape 4/5
Price: Could be a little cheaper for what it is, as it offers less product than the Shape Tape 4/5

Overall this is fantastic daily concealer. I have tried a-plenty & for me this creases less than any drugstore concealer (except the age rewind) I used...
BUT this creases more than the Tarte Shape Tape. Has to be said.
I would say go for the Shape Tape if you're looking for full coverage...but otherwise this is a great choice too!

on 8/31/2018 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really tried to like this concealer! I spent a long time researching which concealer would suit my very pale, dry skin and was recommended this one. Unfortunately, it is the worst makeup product I've ever used. The colour is great, very pale and good for highlighting under my eye but it made my makeup cake REALLY bad. I even tried highlighting before my foundation, but got the same result. I tried to persevere, and changed my routine but nothing worked - it just doesn't suit my very dry skin.

The bottle is also really impractical and I had to tap it on a makeup palette to get the last of it out! That's not great for the price you pay, for it.

on 8/10/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally found a under eye concealer that doesn't crease like crazy. I dislike the doe applicator as it applies the product too heavily. I dab some on the back of my hand and use my ring finger to apply to under eye area. Blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. I use vanilla as it fair with a pink tint. Once set with powder lasts all day.

on 7/29/2018 8:43:00 PM

i bought this concealer in the shade vanilla the second lightest shade. i love the way that it blends out with a smooth matte finish. i use it under my eyes almost every day. looking at the shades now there definitely could be a lot more and the lack of chose is slightly disappointing. overall i do really like this concealer but there may not be the right shade for you.

on 6/24/2018 9:40:00 PM

I tried out the soft matte before this and i wish i had just went straight for this one. That one is okay so i prefer the formula in the creamy radiant better. Its very natural and blends seamlessly into the skin. It looks more like skin. The soft matte is perfect for cutting the brows but for undereyes it can be slightly drying. both of them doesnt cover acne that well. Id rather pick this one though because it looks more natural and its super creamy, hence the name. I toss it in my purse because its touch up friendly, it doesnt cake when layered (soft matte gets very cakey) and so easy to use, just dab onto problem areas and it just blends like a dream. Downside is this is 1)not full coverage, 2)if you dont set this it will get patchy and weird after a couple of hours and 3)its expensive.

i use creme brule, its not perfect but closest it is a tiny tiny bit orange
Custard is too yellow and dark
Canelle is way too orange
Vanilla is too light

my skin is not too pink or yellow. my body looks more yellow than my face.
I am Mac Nc20, nars sheer glow in ceylan 6

***Edit, this doesnt seem to last long on the skin as tarte shape tape but it hasnt broken me out so im iffy. It looks really natural but it just fades too quick and needs a lot of layering. i dont use powder or foundation maybe thats why. Sigh i guess if i want full coverage id go with tarte (can be drying and get cakey if applied too much, harder to work with). i do like the doe foot applicator on this one since its small and does not pick up as much product..this is close to hg but I will not repurchase, I'm still trying to find the perfect concealer, def want to try a new one on the market, too faced born this way super coverage I'm looking at you!

Edit. I returned this and got too faced super coverage born this way in nude. Its full coverage and natural like the nars creamy radiant combines with shape tape. Best of both worlds with better ingredients that are less irritating

I'll start with the fact that I tried this ages ago when it first released. I couldn't find a shade I liked (custard was the closest undertone but too dark). It was too drying on my undereyes. Using it alone looked cakey and aged me drastically. So I returned it.

Fast forward to this year and I bought it a second time recently in Vanilla. It's too light on my skin but I like the coverage. I tend to stick to using it on my nose, redness around my nose, discoloration around my mouth, the broken capillaries by my mouth (looks like: |||), and any healing acne.

I do use the tiniest bit when covering my face. Just the end of the doe foot in the back of my hand. Then I do a second tip of the doe foot on the back of my hand. Then using my ring finger I pat it under my eyes. Focusing on my tear troughs for the most part. Then I use L'Oreal Pro Glow (#1) over it and set it with E.L.F under eye powder. So my under eye looks the most concealed this way. Using the NARS RCC alone is cakey AF on my under eyes.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

on 5/27/2018 5:15:00 PM

Don't love packaging but OH MY WOW is this concealer amazing. I have bad, bad skin, like, going-on-Accutane-soon bad. This concealer sits SO WELL (atop a primer but even without) blends so easily is pretty damn full coverage and is the best product I've ever used. Only downside is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with tons of product (and with skin as bad as mine I practically use it as a foundation layer lol)

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)

on 5/2/2018 5:26:00 PM

It’s just alright, not the greatest for the price. I’d rather use a drugstore concealer over this... The coverage is pretty good, it’s so thick that it creases even after setting with a powder. Also, the doe foot applicator is pretty scratchy. I prefer the tarte shapetape and maybelline fit me over this. The packaging is very cute tho