NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 4/19/2018 5:10:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this product. I have bought and returned it, in several colors, about four times!! Probably because I just can't find anything else that meets my needs, and this one keeps getting recommended! I am very fair, Mont Blanc in Nars' Sheer Glow foundation ( which is neither sheer or glowy!). I have tried the Vanilla, the Chantilly, and the new Creme Brulee because it was supposed to be pinker. The Chantilly was white, the Vanilla had no pink in it, just a greyish yellow, and the Creme Brulee left peachy residue around the inside of my nose and was all around too dark. And that is just the colors. I don't find the formula to be radiant at all! It has light coverage that creased into lines beneath my eyes before I even had any! It looked more dry than radiant to me! I had high hopes for the Creme Brulee, thinking that I would finally find a concealer with a fair, cool undertone that was hydrating and glowy. NOT, will have to keep looking. Again I don't get all the hype. This is just another Nars product, like the Sheer Glow foundation, that is misnamed. At least the foundation was the color described, I can't say the same for the concealer. Any suggestions would be helpful. BTW, I wear Bobbi Brown's Extra Light Bisque corrector under all my concealers, that is how dark my circles are! But her concealers are not cool or hydrating enough either.

on 4/3/2018 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got so happy when I swatched it at sephora! It actually seemed to be a light enough shade for me, no yellow ondertone more neutral /pink, I bought it in shade:chantilly. I rarely find shades that matches me.

In swedish kronor it is 350:- maybe about 35 dollars, expensive, but it is a more luxury brand.

Personally I love the packeging, I think its luxury enough for the price, but the black top easely gets dirty, and I can't be bothered to keep it neat and clean. It feels quite heavy and the glass component looks pretty, it has pracitical applicator with a doe foot.

It creeses less than other concealers I have tried, but its not perfect, the bes t yet for me :) right now om setting it with nars translucent powder in crystal with an eco tools brush. I blend it out with a damp beaty blender, i prefer the little small green one. I have to play around with different methods and see what works better/worse. Right now Im happy with it, a little does go a long way, and also great coverage in my opinion comparing to other concealers I have tried.

My skin is wery drie so even the eye area can get really flake and irritadet, I even covered up a wound with this and it worked fine. DOsent irritate my eyes. I cant use it as an eye primer, I havent find one concealer that wokred for me like that so nothing strange for me, I use eye primer instead, I got hooded eyes.. I Do have wrinkles under my eye, I rccomend using pandas dream cool eye stick underneath. Its just an all trough good experience with this product!

on 2/27/2018 12:16:00 PM

I loved this product when I first applied it to my client, then 1 hour later it was creasing : ( the coverage is perfect but even with powdering the under eye area I had problems with this foundation.
Save your money, I prefer Mac and viseart concealors

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

on 2/2/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this based on reviews here. I am not a Nars fan in general. I got the smaller size and I really love it for concealing under my eyes. I am late 50's, dryish skin, not very wrinkled, NC15/20 and I got Custard which I thought would be too dark but it's fine. What I love is that this never creases or settles into crinkles. The coverage is not completely opaque, but my dark circles are pretty bad and this is prob a more natural look than a masklike coating.

The other thing I love is that I use a variety of primers and fdtns since my HGs keep getting d/c and this is amazing with every single one of them. As foolproof a concealer as I have ever found. Will def repurchase.

on 1/25/2018 6:00:00 PM

This stuff is pricey... however... it's the only concealer I've found thus far that I can use around my eye area. I've tried nearly every other raved about concealer that's both made for the undereyes and not and this is the only one that doesn't make my eye area look like a desert. I don't even have a ton of wrinkles around my eyes but it is on the dryer side so concealers typically cake up and extenuate every line. This stuff is a thin enough consistency but has a decent amount of coverage. It also works on blemishes but I typically use the Tape Shape for that because I can't use TS for my dark bags and that's what I bought it for. (basically I want to use it up)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This might deserve a 3.5 or 4.5 star, depends on the user really.

I have fair skin with cool/pink undertone. On a scale of 1 lightest - 10 darkest purple, I would give my eye circles a 7 on an average day. I accepted by now there's no way I can cover my circles with just one or even two products and have it match the rest of my skin color. I bought Chantilly although that one is said to be for warm undertone. Vanilla, which was the recommend shade for me, suited better for my skin color but since I have to apply something else both under and on top of the concealer on my eyelid area, Chantilily worked better with the other products I have.

The texture is good for smooth, normal-to-oily skin. It feels a little dry on dry skin if you don't use a moisturizer/primer beforehand. It doesn't fill in fine lines - or let's say does it less than the other concealers, all of them fill in a bit. It does a good job covering and indeed has some bright look but like I said, when you're like me and have to apply something else on top of the concealer to cover dark circles, it doesn't mean much if the concealer has a bright look, does it?

My conclusion: I would definitely recommend trying this at a store, it's a good concealer. But if you're on a budget, I'd also suggest thinking twice if it's worth the price for you. By my judgement, if your dark circles are not very dark, you find a shade in the line that matches your skin tone AND you like a little bright look... I mean if you can use this concealer alone and get the look you want, it's worth the price. I loooved the bright look.

This concealer's price is 130 in my country's currency. M.A.C. concealers for example start from 52 and between 52 and 130, they have 11 different line of concealers with different textures. I'm not a fan of MAC at all but only looking at the performance at covering dark circles, there was no difference between a cheaper MAC concealer and this one from NARS. I can't use either of them alone. In cases like this I don't think NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer's price is worth it. At least not if you will use it daily so the product won't last long.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I decided to re-write an old review because I've changed my mind about this completely. I loved it when I first got it, then after wear, watching my undertones more and including a more dewy foundation I just can't get on with it.

The formula is quite nice. It is very creamy, incredibly easy to blend and isn't at all flat- it really does look radiant. I'd say for a concealer it has medium coverage, which is just not enough for my particular brand of crazy dark circles. The lightest shade (chantilly) is also too yellow for my liking and other more neutral options are too dark. I'd more class it as a cool yellow though, so you more yellow toned cool peeps might love the shade. Personally though I need something like a cool neutral.

My main problem with this is the creasing. DEAR GODS THE CREASING. I've tried my newer foundation without this and had no problems at all, but with this I crease like absolute crazy. I have tried every method to work with the formula but I just can't. Powder first, Powder then primer, Powder after, Powder sacrifices to the great lord satan- just nothing works. I have large-ish round eyes so I have a small amount of deep natural lines under my eyes which have been there since childhood, i'm not sure if it would be as bad with fine lines caused by age but it might be something to take into account.

All in all, this just isn't worth the money for me any more.

I first used this concealer with a full face of foundation, & truthfully didn't care for it. It just didn't wow me, especially for the price. It sat in my collection for awhile- and I decided to try it out with a more natural face. Some days, I like to look more natural (though I love full out glam most days ❤️) I honestly had troubles finding a concealer that didn't look obvious under my eyes. My skin is clear, and I have tiny under eye circles- but I have blue veins under each of my eyes. I've had them for years, and they have always made me self conscious- they're easily covered with a full face of makeup. This is the only concealer that looks flawless under my eyes. It brightens, covers the blue veins & just looks beautiful. I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. Considering no laser place I've gone to will zap these veins (they're to close to my eyes) I'm really happy with how this looks :) not sure why this doesn't work with any of my foundations - but I'm not complaining.

on 12/8/2017 2:33:00 PM

This product is kind of pricey for a concealer, sure - but a tube also lasts me about a year, so it ends up being a really good value. I use Chantilly, which is a great match for my pale NW15 skin. It doesn't cover my under-eye circles but they are the dreaded genetic shiner variety and quite honestly nothing will cover those. I use it for an all around concealer/brightener, and it has a nice texture that looks natural.

NARS is cruelty free, although they've just expanded into the Chinese market which requires animal testing - so I'm not sure that they will be able to retain that distinction for much longer.