NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

I really wanted to love this concealer but it seems everyone is having a different experience to it than I. Bought it in the lightest shade, apply under my eyes and on forehead and chin for highlight and find it to need a lot of product for high coverage. When I do, I like the coverage and the brightening pigment it has BUT it creases??? I swear this doesn't happen with anyone else, yet for me it always does. Bearing in mind I'm 18 with zero wrinkles lol.

Weirdest thing, I also find it makes my eyes sting and water when I apply it on my under eye area. Does anyone else get this? I've really been wondering...

Average packaging except the box practically fell apart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There's a reason why this concealer gets so much love despite the high price point- it's a quality product and really gets the job done in terms of coverage. I have this in both Vanilla (for undereyes/highlighting) and Custard (for blemishes).

I do see similarities between this and another stand out (and much, much less expensive) concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. HOWEVER, and I do hate admitting this because no one wants to be locked into spending $29 on something as daily basic as concealer, this has better coverage than the Fit Me. Don't get me wrong- if you're balling on a budget, and like the packaging of this concealer but just can't bring yourself to buy it, Fit Me is a totally passable dupe.

Super good coverage is something that matters to me, and even when I'm wearing light makeup I like a radiant undereye area. If you're dealing with blemishes or dark circles, this is a good combo of a lightweight formula and pretty heavy coverage. It doesn't get cakey and the creasing was non-existent when I set it with powder.

The packaging is very secure, sleek and easy to use. Just your traditional doe-foot applicator in a long skinny tube. I can't imagine the packaging being an issue for anyone, but the price is another story. Paying $29 versus your usual drugstore concealer price of $7-$11 is a bit of a leap, and I needed to see some fireworks to make repeated purchases a possibility.

Long story short: this IS a great concealer. It's full-coverage, yet rather lightweight and non-cakey, and long-wearing. My Physicians Formula Conceal Rx is still my go-to just because it offers full coverage and a better price, but I will be using this consistently and most likely repurchasing.

on 12/11/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am always on the hunt for my HG concealer, and this one is pretty close to HG right now, the closest I ever got to a HG concealer. It's light, the coverage is great, it's not drying or cakey, it stays put all day once it's set with a light setting powder.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's NARS, so it's in the price range you would expect from something like that.

I use the shade Vanilla, light #2, and it's perfect for my fairer than NW15 skin.

on 12/8/2016 11:16:00 AM

I love the product but there are just a few things which annoy me!

The actual concealer is amazing, great coverage & super creamy as it says!

However, the packaging & the price is a bit of a let down.
Packaging - the material of the lid is like a silicone feel so anything that touches it sticks! so after about 3 uses its look so dirty!

The price i suppose comes with the brand so i can't exactly moan, just quite expensive for such a small amount of product. (£22.50)
But even still i still love the concealer and will continue to buy it! :D

on 12/4/2016 9:15:00 PM

Love this concealer.
It's the fairest one I've found and it's a great one, which is a rarity.
I find the texture to be very creamy, slightly airy feeling, very moussy.
The shades are very much on the yellow side but chantilly works just fine for my pink undertones.
The only problem i have is the light creasing but honestly? Haven't found one that doesn't after several hours.

Have repurchased 4 times and will continue to do so, HOLY GRAIL.

on 11/28/2016 3:27:00 AM

I love this product and don't find it too drying at all. It is more heavy duty and thicker consistency than UD Naked Skin but has the best colour options for all skin tones.

on 11/21/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this concealer! I have never found a concealer that wasnt too peachy or too yellow for my skin until now. I am very fair with neutral undertones and chantilly is the best match ive ever found.

I find this concealer to have great coverage and it doesnt wear off throughout my 12 hour work days. It also doesnt break me out which is a huge plus as I am veeeery acne prone. The only con is that it is not that easy to blend, but i use an elf studio concealer brush and it works well

on 11/16/2016 11:48:00 PM

This concealer is listed as medium to full buildable coverage. I'd say it's more medium than full, and it's not very buildable.

My main goal for a concealer is to cover up my dark undereye circles and darkness on and around the lid. This concealer does NOT work for that. It creases under the eye and on the lid. Nothing I could do made it better. I moisturized under the eye, I left it dry. I used a primer, I skipped primer. I tried powdering and not powdering. It's going to crease.

Furthermore, after not even an hour of wear, the areas covered by the concealer look dry and crusty in a "makeupy" way. It was an odd texture, which was disappointing because it looks VERY good when first put on. Because of this, it also didn't work well to cover any spots I had, because the pimple would soon have a really different unnatural texture that didn't "match" the rest of my face.

By the end of the day, the concealer wasn't even on anymore.

This may work better for someone with oilier skin, but as someone with normal to dry skin this product just didn't.

As for the packaging.. the stopper keeps you from getting to a lot of product. Before I tossed it, I removed the stopper and had a lot of product left. I would remove it as you start to run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My HG under eye concealer. I have very dark shadows under my eyes and I haven't been able to fully cover them with any other concealer, even with several layers. I only need 2-3 layers of this to fully cover my shadows, so it has really excellent coverage. It's extremely blendable thanks to it's creaminess but it's not particularly hydrating. It has a beautiful, natural radiant finish which makes it perfect for highlighting the forehead, nose and chin as well.

I find it starts to wear off a bit after 10-11 hours and on me it creases noticeably after about 7 hours (I usually only get 3-4 hours from a concealer before it creases because I have bad lines below my eyes). It does a little better if I bake it or apply setting powder between each layer of concealer. It doesn't become oily unless I don't set it, and even then I get several hours of wear from it.

At $41AUD it's definitely pricey but considering the incredible coverage and how long lasting it is, it's worth paying for to me. For anyone with light shadows or quite dry skin under their eyes, I wouldn't recommend it.