NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 10/23/2018 4:43:00 AM

My HG concealer - I tried a couple of others, including the new Too Faced one, but had to return to this. Nothing else works so well on my blemishes (of which there are many). The coverage is good, it's super easy to blend and, for most pimples, a layer of powder over this means it will last the whole day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many concealers and they always look dry under my eyes ..I absolutely love this one!! I have it in custard , it matches my skin tone perfect.. I have medium skin with olive undertones ...

on 8/10/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally found a under eye concealer that doesn't crease like crazy. I dislike the doe applicator as it applies the product too heavily. I dab some on the back of my hand and use my ring finger to apply to under eye area. Blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. I use vanilla as it fair with a pink tint. Once set with powder lasts all day.

on 6/20/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this concealer twice and it last me a very long time. I would say that the concealer is great for a brightening affect on me. I have very dark circle, their hereditary for the women in my family. Although I love the Nars concealer it might not be strong enough for the circles I have in my face but I do mix it to get a brightening affect and wear it alone on "natural" make up days.

on 6/19/2018 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, so I tried this on years ago at a department store and wore it around awhile and was not impressed. They also said my color was the vanilla one and when I wore it just screamed I have on concealer. I decided to give this a go again because I wanted a concealer I could wear alone without foundation and the woman at Ulta recommended it. So, I got the color creme brulee and I love it. I have read a lot of people say it creased on them and that is what it did initially for me but not this time. I can wear this and it blends in nicely with my skin color. It also does brighten my eye area but looks natural and does not scream I have on concealer. I also have to say I wore this to the pool, not intending to swim, but my little guy asked me to on a water slide and I did and it stayed on, even when I was dunked in 12 feet of water and lasted throughout his baseball game after. I didn't have time to shower so don't judge me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

on 5/27/2018 5:15:00 PM

Don't love packaging but OH MY WOW is this concealer amazing. I have bad, bad skin, like, going-on-Accutane-soon bad. This concealer sits SO WELL (atop a primer but even without) blends so easily is pretty damn full coverage and is the best product I've ever used. Only downside is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with tons of product (and with skin as bad as mine I practically use it as a foundation layer lol)

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)

on 4/30/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally got mine in "biscuit" and loving it. It hides my dark circles well (though not the shadows from the bags), and a little goes a long way. It's creamy yet thick, and lasts the whole day.

on 2/2/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this based on reviews here. I am not a Nars fan in general. I got the smaller size and I really love it for concealing under my eyes. I am late 50's, dryish skin, not very wrinkled, NC15/20 and I got Custard which I thought would be too dark but it's fine. What I love is that this never creases or settles into crinkles. The coverage is not completely opaque, but my dark circles are pretty bad and this is prob a more natural look than a masklike coating.

The other thing I love is that I use a variety of primers and fdtns since my HGs keep getting d/c and this is amazing with every single one of them. As foolproof a concealer as I have ever found. Will def repurchase.