NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 2/22/2017 1:24:00 AM

I use it for my eyes. Very nice product. Under my eyes is very purple, brown. I tried 15-20 closure. The most beautiful nars. I like my nars coverer. Its persistence is beautiful. I do not even cry with the powder. :D

As much as I love my MAC Studio Finish concealer, I find that it has a tendency to settle into the fine lines and crevices in my eye area - occasionally balling up after powder has been applied. I figured that a liquid would be a better choice, both in texture and in wear.
    I had heard that NARS had a decent line of concealers, and I figured I would try it.

It was a little more viscous than I expected, but not overly so. Other than texture, the application was smooth and it was incredibly easy to blend and build coverage as necessary.
    It wore well, with minimal creasing and/or travelling on the skin.

I definitely plan on repurchasing if I should happen to run out.

on 2/15/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This is the one and only concealer that does not break me out while providing a long lasting coverage for blemishes. I've tried many concealers and foundation that have broken me out due to allergic reaction to cyclopentasiloxane. Even if they didn't break me out, most just don't provide enough coverage, oxidize or just melt from my oily skin. This product is heavily pigmented so this one tiny lip gloss tube container will last a LONG time. It is very pigmented that I can easily mix a pea size amount of moisturizer with this concealer to make a tinted moisturizer.

I use the color ginger, which is just the perfect shade for my warm olive skin that has a yellow undertone. HG material all the way. I would cry if this item was discontinued but hopefully my new skincare have improved my blemishes to the point that I won't need MU anymore.

I use this with my nars sheer glow foundation.
    Best concealer I've used for under eyes.
    Lightweight and creamy as stated.
    Medium/ full coverage which I need, it does wonders.
    It's buildable not that you would need to use 2 layers.

I love it

on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely dry undereye area and pretty much everywhere else too, and had initially thought I couldn't wear concealer. There was just nothing that didn't crack into dryness or crease after a couple of hours - sometimes it would look perfectly supple and hydrated initially (trust me I use a good eye cream for this dryness), but as time goes on it always makes me look worse with concealer (I don't even have visible dry lines being still in my mid 20s).

My skin also doesn't agree with even medium coverage foundations, unless it's a particularly good skin day (but light coverage cushion foundations / BB creams work well for me), so I was surprised that i like the NARS radiant creamy concealer at all. It's very creamy, semi opaque, not nearly as fluid as the Urban Decay naked concealer I had been using before. I feel like I prefer to use a few dots of this on my dark circles, and use a round head concealer brush (such as Sephora 57) to carefully stipple them in, without spreading them too much everywhere.

The application ensures that my undereye area is not dry, and it stays that way while I have my makeup on. I'm surprised that this medium high coverage concealer worked so well for my hard-to-cater dry skin, much much better than the very fluid and liquidy Urban Decay naked. Since the coverage is higher, I also don't need to use much on a daily basis, which helps the dry situation. I had tried the maybelline fit me concealer which people claim is a dupe of this, and I had to throw them away. In comparison with Nars, they had no coverage at all and my dark circles were not helped in anyway, so why even bother with that!

My favorite part of this concealer, in comparison to others on the market, is how it does not even need setting with powder (mind you I have extremely dry skin conditions). Once it dries, it really doesn't migrate anywhere for me, nor is it creased or looking cakey after a day out. I reckon that's why my undereye area doesn't crack out of dryness in a few hours, and I'm always glad to find something that I don't need to use powder over.

I am using the color custard for my NC20-25 / YSL B30+- / Nars deauville / Armani 4 skin tone and it's my skin color (I don't like highlighting with concealer) but a tiny bit yellower, but it covers my undereye circles very well seamlessly but is a little bit too dark and yellow for me on the face. I think when I finish this tube I'll get the color honey, which is supposed to be a warm peach tone instead of yellow.

on 1/30/2017 11:00:00 PM

Love love love this! I'm wearing vanilla and it's the best I've every purchased hands down. I'm 51 and have been a makeup junkee for about 25 years. I don't have wrinkles yet, but concealers can still make me look old if it's not well done. I don't bake it. I don't like the feeling of the powder being under my eyes. So far I'm loving it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this concealer!!! I am a little unorthodox in my application as i like to apply it to blemishes before applying foundation but personally, I find this gives a more natural but still strong coverage on the concealed area. I also use a lighter color of this product for highlighting and for under eyes and it does the job perfectly. I have never come across a concealer that is either high end or drug store that is better than this.

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
    Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
    I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
    By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 1/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL CONCEALER!!!! I have tried every concealer out there ranging in price from £5-£30 and this is by far the best concealer I have ever used!!!

Covers my dark circles completely, without turning ashy/sallow later in the day. I'm also prone to product forming fine lines below my eyes, and when set with translucent powder this concealer gives a creaseless finish.

I also use a couple of strokes of this over my foundation to give more of a dewy natural look (I use full-coverage foundation so this can sometimes lead to a flat look without a bit of dew).

For colour reference, I am NC25 in Mac SF, C3 in Mac FB and Dawn in EL double wear, and the shade Custard was perfect.
    Honestly if you're in two minds about this concealer, just buy it!

on 1/11/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love NARS concealer!! I use Vanilla and am extremely happy with it. I use to use YSL and NARS takes the prize! It's so creamy and smooth. It's great for highlighting also. It may be pricey but it lasts a long time. Very well worth the price I <3 it!!