NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 3/4/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Have been using this a few days and it's now my favorite concealer. I have been using D&G's pen concealer under my eyes but it's a bit lighter than I'd like. Also still like armani's & Edward Bess for red spots and blemishes on the face. Nars takes care of everything. Vanilla is a very good match for my skin The texture is smooth enough to be great under the eyes yet not too creamy for else where on the face. I've already bought another one for my pocket book.

on 3/19/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very expensive but this works for me, here's how:

Dark Circles: completely covered with one coat (mine are seriously dark grey/purple with a v white face so they're harder to hide)

Spots: Completely covered with one coat, no building required.

Freckles: Completely covered despite having some v dark freckles on naturally vampire pale skin.

Redness and spider veins: Covered with one to two coats.

Natural finish and luminous. Even on my exceptionally dry skin, this is creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness but softens it and makes my skin look soft, glowing, luminous.

Coverage: It not only covers my unusually dark circles but should I happen to be cack handed and smear a smudge onto my lip line, I have naturally deep pink lips, it conceals them too.

Colour Chantilly the palest in the range: a very pale ivory, perfect for my white skin.

Application: Easy as pie with my finger, a cotton bud or brush, applies well whatever I use.

Effect with daily usage on T zone and around eyes on v dry and spotty skin: None discernible.

Consistency: surprisingly thick which is good as it covers so well.

Buildable: oh yes... and very smoothly

Result: Blimey I look younger.

Others have tried that are good but this beats by a mile: YSL touche éclat, Bobbi brown touch up stick and the utterly useless Bobbi brown under eye concealer for dark circles, derma blend.

Will buy again, would be fool not to, if I can afford it.

Edit: after using for a month or so, I do find this can look drying on any dry problem skin areas, otherwise pleased with it.
Edit: years after first buying this and still using it happily, except for cost, I've found this also is very good at sculpting the face easily, quickly and subtly. As this formula is rich and thick, tiny dabs will spread over a large surface and sculpt in a minute.

on 3/19/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

:: Reference :: my skin is NC/NW 10ish or Nars Sheer Glow Siberia and Gobi. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances. (wheat, soy, msg (yes it is in some makeup), beeswax, bismuth oxychloride)

It is a good concealer, BUT I prefer my concealers a little more yellow based to cover redness better. My healing marks, and broken capillaries, and hyper-pigmentation are covered better (and with a thin layer) by a more yellow based concealer to neutralize the red. I felt like I had to use a bit more of this Nars concealer just to cover the same red marks than I do of my Bobbi Brown concealer. I also feel like The Nars accentuates flakes more that I would like it too when I use it around my nose or any other dry or healing skin.

And it isn't pink correcting enough to cover undereye blue/green/grey/ or purple, in my opinion. But I think this Varies greatly on your skin tone. Vanilla was a smidgen too light for my undereyes, but smidgen honey too dark. (I know bobbi brown isn't for everyone and I don't like most of her products but) My bobbi brown corrector in Light bisque still takes the cake of brightening my eye area greyness. I have a darkness around my eye because my eyes are deeper set, and I have a little under eye darkness from rarely getting enough consistent sleep. I feel like the Nars RCC in Vanilla was just a little too light, but I could have gotten away with using it, however the bigger issue is that it didn't wear as nicely as my BB. The Nars seemed a little drying and made my eyes look a little older for the wear.

A pinky skin tone concealer like this Nars one is probably best for very minor pink marks or brightening darker spots like old completely healed scars.

I don't like the doe foot applicator honestly (this only time I accept a doe foot is for a gloss, anything use a doe foot annoys the crap out of me... I am looking at you Nars eye primer) I prefer a pot so I can get out all of the concealer or a tube so I can cut it open and depot the rest when it is lowv. In a Doe foot, I will never be able to get all of the product out, which feels like a waste of product and money.

I have also noticed that cyclopentasiloxane (second ingredient in the concealer) stresses out my skin a bit as far as for daily use. If I put it around my nose I will have little clogs by the end of the day where as using my Bobbi Brown concealer in Sand, I won't have this issue out side of normal clogging from my natural oils after a few days.

This is just my opinion and each person has there own reactions to this. But I Personally do not care for this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really enjoy this concealer. I use vanilla for spots and the lightest colour for undereye shadows. Very blendable and good coverage.

on 4/13/2013 8:30:00 AM

This is by the far the best concealer I've ever used!
I'm super allergic and my dark circles have been an old problem.... After been through all brands and formulas you can imagine in the search for THE great concealer, I finally found my HG.
The consistency is thick and creamy, and a little goes a long way. No need to pack it on.
Beware of trying it on before buying it, because the colour scheme can be a bit tricky.
It's about undertones, and not a colour scheme that goes from the lighter to the darker shade.
I use Honey that has a pink undertone to correct and put a tiny bit of custard on top of it to lighten up my under eye area.
Highly Highly recommended. Hands Down the best I've ever used!
Will buy it again and again and again.

This was my first product I tried from NARS, and I must say I am quite satisfied. It covers well, and stays put for a reasonable amount of time. Like the name it's very creamy but not in a oily way. The only con is the price but its pretty standard size of concealer so it's worth it!

on 4/18/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my new HG under eye concealer. I have extremely dark circles under my eyes, bright blue veins and brown discolouration to be specific. On my pale NC15 skin, it is extremely noticeable (looks like two black eyes) unless I wear corrector and concealer. I previously wore Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector in Light Bisque along with Mac's Studiofix concealer in NC15, with Bobbi setting powder. These combination creased like crazy and it didn't last more than a few hours before I'd have to touch up again. However..This NARS product was recommended to me by a Sephora MUA who seriously saved my life with this. This concealer is AMAZING. Not only does it go on lightly, but the coverage is phenomenal, and it is so brightening! I used YSL's Touche Eclat which I hated, it didn't cover anything and it creased. This is a concealer, corrector and brightener in one, and my god does it work. I bought this in "Vanilla" which I think is colour #2, it's perfect for my NC15 skin. This lasts all day, literally. It doesn't crease, and it definitely covers without ever looking cakey. I haven't had to touch up this yet, I usually have makeup on for 10 hours of the day. This is the best product for girls with intensive dark under eye circles, and for those who don't, this will look airbrushed. I will re-buy this always!!!

UPDATE: After almost a year I'm still using this religiously, though I realized shade 02 Vanilla was a little bit too dark for me, so now I mix it with the lightest colour 001 Chantilly and it's great!! I cannot live without this concealer <3

This concealer is AWESOME!! I'm so impressed by the colour, formula, coverage, and wear time. I purchased Vanilla (Light 2) and it's a perfect neutral match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1. It is definitely creamy, silky, sets to a slightly satin finish, and provides medium coverage that is buildable. Very long wearing formula that doesn't budge, crease, cake, oxidize, or fade. I also love that NARS choose the doe foot applicator packaging as it's a refreshing change from all those brush tip applicators that have been saturating the beauty market. Seriously love this concealer and highly recommend.

on 4/20/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Super impressed with this product. First and most importantly, Honey is the perfect shade for my under eye area. I have pretty light skin that has a lot of color to it, and concealers that fit me usually look too grey on my dark circles. Honey has so much pink/peach to it that I can avoid the greyness while still blend it out easily to match the rest of my face. Secondly, I really do love the texture of this - it's a creamy/light mousse that keeps covered areas remain looking like skin, but without being so slippery it just slides off your face like Bobbi Brown's stuff. It also packs so much pigment that you can use the tiniest bit to conceal a lot. I have yet to see how it fares through insane conditions or long hours, but it's looking pretty good so far.

For skin ref, I am a NW 20-25 and I have a combination/oily (t-zone) skin.

Here's the thing. I am still in high school, soon to be in college this upcoming fall. I stay up pretty late studying and doing homework, so dark circles has been a pretty common thing for me for years. I've tried probably all the possible concealers I could use for my dark circles - from Sonia Kashuk, Maybelline, Lancome, Tarte, Bobbi Brown, Dior, and many others. THEY ALL CREASED ON ME LIKE CRAZY and/or just didn't look natural at all.

Behold, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer comes into my life. Actually Wayne Goss on youtube raved about this (and I trust him and Lisa Eldridge compared to others) and I wanted to try this out.

I have this concealer in Custard. It's a tad bit dark at the moment for me to use this for my spots since I haven't really tanned yet for the season. But this is really really great for under my eyes. It's SUPER durable and at the end of the day (we're talking like after 12+ hours since I get up at 6am) it doesn't fade away. I LOVE THIS.

The only cons I would have to say about this is that it's pretty expensive (I got it for $28 at my local Sephora). It would be really nice if there was more of the lighter colored concealers so I can use it for my spots because Custard is a little too yellow for it. But what can I say, we can't always get what we want.

EDIT: Custard is way too yellow for me, I got Vanilla and suits my skintone much better.