NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 3/4/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Have been using this a few days and it's now my favorite concealer. I have been using D&G's pen concealer under my eyes but it's a bit lighter than I'd like. Also still like armani's & Edward Bess for red spots and blemishes on the face. Nars takes care of everything. Vanilla is a very good match for my skin The texture is smooth enough to be great under the eyes yet not too creamy for else where on the face. I've already bought another one for my pocket book.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

You have to play with this product a few times before you love it! This is what I have to say..
    -This is pure pigment. Def an artist tool
    -don't smear it under the eye unless u want crazy coverage. I find it's best to flick a blending brush onto the applicator and buff it under the eye
    -it sets itself and it transfer free.
    - if u have dryness under your eye it's beautiful when mixed with an eye cream prior to application.
    - the colors haVe to be carefully matched because they change on the skin.

on 3/8/2013 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am so sad about this product. The formula is amazing, but the coverage is TERRIBLE. I bought it for dark circles under my eyes. My dark circles are really not even that bad, I just wanted to kind of even out the color and brighten them a little, but this did nothing. I couldn't even tell the difference. What was weird though is that it actually worked okay on minor blemishes, but not under eye darkness. The formula was a little drying, but it didn't crease which was nice. The color range and pigmentation is great, especially for concealers, but for some reason it just didn't give any coverage whatsoever. Such a sad disappointment!

on 3/12/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh, how I wanted to love this concealer! I purchased it at Nordstrom and couldn't wait to try it out...I was color matched over the counter but I'm thinking since it was applied over my existing concealer, the match wasn't accurate. I purchased the concealer in vanilla, the next two shades were too dark for my coloring. It is too light under my eye area and it did not do much to cover the darkness under my eyes but it did conceal any redness on my face...I found that odd! I will be returning this product and will stick with Maybelline's age rewind concealer...so far it's the best one I've found...and the cheapest!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Same experience as the comment below me! i was anticipating the arrival of this product and trying it in hopes of it being my new HG concealer. Unfortunately, i couldn't get properly colour matched, the shades were too dark or too light for me. First , i got chosen HONEY to match my nw 20 under eye shade, it was too dark. Then the mua applied vanilla on top but it still didn't look right. My mac concealer looked better than both colours from nars combined on me. A disappointment for an nw 20 gal :(

on 3/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

I think I found my HG under-eye concealer. I am 37 and recently developed quite bad under-eye circles and puffiness that make me look really tired and sad. I started looking for a higher coverage as my Clinique Airbrush concealer was not cutting it anymore. I tried high coverage stuff from Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, Vichy Dermablend, Soap and Glory, Bobbi Brown. etc. All of them vanished within a couple of hours. I love eye makeup and especially quite dark smokey eyes and it really looks not quite right with a weak concealer. Enter NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It is the best, most long lasting concealer I've ever had. Very pigmented but not at all cakey or patchy. Stays on without creasing or budging or fading until I remove it in the evening.

I played with it until I found the best application:

* It requires a fluffy blending brush to work the product in. Circular blending motions and no dragging or patting. Fingers somehow don't work with this concealer. It is better if the hairs are natural. Synthetic brushes don't work as well. I use Smashbox blending brush or MAC 224 and use the tip of the brush only.
    * You need to start with the least amount possible. Only build coverage in the area where you need it most.
    * Don't powder it over with a setting powder or highlighting powder, etc. It looks horrible.
    * If it is too drying for the under-eye, blend it with a very small amount of eye cream and apply with the brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

LOOOVVVVEEE this concealer. I almost didn't get it, because I've bought so many different concealers to use under eye, and I had pretty much accepted that I was going to get creasing with under eye concealers. But, this concealer is very different than other concealers. First, the concealer looks very natural even though I use it as a highlighter. Also, it doesn't need to be set with a powder, so this contributes to its natural look. If you're hesitant about trying this concealer, I suggest getting a sample so you can try wearing it for a day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't even officially bought this product, but it's so good, I can write a review based on the sample. To begin with I have this concealer in Custard. I usually wear Mac NC25/NC30 and I wear Urban Decay Naked Skin #4. This shade is yellow but not overly so. It matches my skin pretty well. Usually I like to go a tad lighter with my under eye concealer but none of them were a little lighter without running pink. I'd say this is the lightest yellow shade. Okay so now on to the review!! I have very purple, dark circles that are hereditary. I am 30 years old so as much as I hate to admit it, I am starting to get a few fine lines as well. And as many of you know, covering up dark circles on aging skin can equal CREASING!! This concealer is pigmented enough to cover my dark circles but doesn't accentuate my fine lines. I use the applicator to apply then blend it out with a fluffy concealer brush. It's so good I think it's gonna be my go to concealer for my wedding this summer!! Yay!! A concealer that covers but doesn't crease?! Thank you makeup gods!!!

on 3/19/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very expensive but this works for me, here's how:

Dark Circles: completely covered with one coat (mine are seriously dark grey/purple with a v white face so they're harder to hide)

Spots: Completely covered with one coat, no building required.

Freckles: Completely covered despite having some v dark freckles on naturally vampire pale skin.

Redness and spider veins: Covered with one to two coats.

Natural finish and luminous. Even on my exceptionally dry skin, this is creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness but softens it and makes my skin look soft, glowing, luminous.

Coverage: It not only covers my unusually dark circles but should I happen to be cack handed and smear a smudge onto my lip line, I have naturally deep pink lips, it conceals them too.

Colour Chantilly the palest in the range: a very pale ivory, perfect for my white skin.

Application: Easy as pie with my finger, a cotton bud or brush, applies well whatever I use.

Effect with daily usage on T zone and around eyes on v dry and spotty skin: None discernible.

Consistency: surprisingly thick which is good as it covers so well.

Buildable: oh yes... and very smoothly

Result: Blimey I look younger.

Others have tried that are good but this beats by a mile: YSL touche éclat, Bobbi brown touch up stick and the utterly useless Bobbi brown under eye concealer for dark circles, derma blend.

Will buy again, would be fool not to, if I can afford it.

Edit: after using for a month or so, I do find this can look drying on any dry problem skin areas, otherwise pleased with it.
    Edit: years after first buying this and still using it happily, except for cost, I've found this also is very good at sculpting the face easily, quickly and subtly. As this formula is rich and thick, tiny dabs will spread over a large surface and sculpt in a minute.

on 3/19/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

:: Reference :: my skin is NC/NW 10ish or Nars Sheer Glow Siberia and Gobi. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances. (wheat, soy, msg (yes it is in some makeup), beeswax, bismuth oxychloride)

It is a good concealer, BUT I prefer my concealers a little more yellow based to cover redness better. My healing marks, and broken capillaries, and hyper-pigmentation are covered better (and with a thin layer) by a more yellow based concealer to neutralize the red. I felt like I had to use a bit more of this Nars concealer just to cover the same red marks than I do of my Bobbi Brown concealer. I also feel like The Nars accentuates flakes more that I would like it too when I use it around my nose or any other dry or healing skin.

And it isn't pink correcting enough to cover undereye blue/green/grey/ or purple, in my opinion. But I think this Varies greatly on your skin tone. Vanilla was a smidgen too light for my undereyes, but smidgen honey too dark. (I know bobbi brown isn't for everyone and I don't like most of her products but) My bobbi brown corrector in Light bisque still takes the cake of brightening my eye area greyness. I have a darkness around my eye because my eyes are deeper set, and I have a little under eye darkness from rarely getting enough consistent sleep. I feel like the Nars RCC in Vanilla was just a little too light, but I could have gotten away with using it, however the bigger issue is that it didn't wear as nicely as my BB. The Nars seemed a little drying and made my eyes look a little older for the wear.

A pinky skin tone concealer like this Nars one is probably best for very minor pink marks or brightening darker spots like old completely healed scars.

I don't like the doe foot applicator honestly (this only time I accept a doe foot is for a gloss, anything use a doe foot annoys the crap out of me... I am looking at you Nars eye primer) I prefer a pot so I can get out all of the concealer or a tube so I can cut it open and depot the rest when it is lowv. In a Doe foot, I will never be able to get all of the product out, which feels like a waste of product and money.

I have also noticed that cyclopentasiloxane (second ingredient in the concealer) stresses out my skin a bit as far as for daily use. If I put it around my nose I will have little clogs by the end of the day where as using my Bobbi Brown concealer in Sand, I won't have this issue out side of normal clogging from my natural oils after a few days.

This is just my opinion and each person has there own reactions to this. But I Personally do not care for this product.