NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.0

on 2/2/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this based on reviews here. I am not a Nars fan in general. I got the smaller size and I really love it for concealing under my eyes. I am late 50's, dryish skin, not very wrinkled, NC15/20 and I got Custard which I thought would be too dark but it's fine. What I love is that this never creases or settles into crinkles. The coverage is not completely opaque, but my dark circles are pretty bad and this is prob a more natural look than a masklike coating.

The other thing I love is that I use a variety of primers and fdtns since my HGs keep getting d/c and this is amazing with every single one of them. As foolproof a concealer as I have ever found. Will def repurchase.

on 1/27/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I’ve only owned this product for two days, but I can say I am very pleased with the concealing coverage and color match, but not so much with its staying power. Price ($30) is good for a product in a skinny lip gloss or mascara tube. I’m 50+ AA woman with oily skin. Apparently my skin tone is a few shades lighter than Rihanna’s (I bought Fenty Foundation, but that’s another review). The only areas I want to conceal are my dark purplish hereditary under eye circles. In 40+ years of wearing makeup, I have never found a concealer that made me happy. This one does for about four hours at a time. The sales rep at Sephora said it has “color correcting” properties. That was the reason she didn’t suggest the less expensive concealer stick Nars makes. I didn’t try it. This product came in a skinny tube with an applicator wand that has a sponge tip. There is not that much product in the tube. It’s such a thin tube. I blended it with my fingertips and a sponge. I couldn’t believe how well it covered my circles. They were gone! The coverage lasted until about lunch. I had left it at home so couldn’t reapply. There was a ghost of concealer. I think it is too expensive at $30 a tube, but if I can’t find something better, I will probably buy again. I don’t have another 40 years to look for a substitute!

on 11/3/2017 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Benefits oversold at the counter, I left with high hopes only to be underwhelmed by another ordinary concealer. Upon application, the product seemed promising with a smooth, silky texture, and moderate coverage. In under 10 minutes, the "luminous" finish began to crack, highlighting the slightest of skin imperfections. My eyes looked better without this product. Perhaps, this might work on younger skin or for use other than the eye area, but not for me!

on 11/1/2017 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another failed concealer for my under-eye dark circles. I am very fair so I bought Chantilly and it is too pale for even a pasty faced woman like me. I am of Irish descent and I did not think anything could be too pale and after reading comments about the Vanilla turning orange, I didn't want to chance that. Anyway, too light, almost looks like white grease paint. Texture is not great, seems drying. I really looked forward to this because I LOVE Nars blusher. This concealer for me is a major fail and I will not purchase it again. I consider this to be a waste of a fair amount of money.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this since just about everyone online was raving about it. I really cannot tell much of a difference between this and Maybelline Fit Me concealer. Just the price. I much prefer Tarte Shape Tape or Cle de Peau if I need more coverage. I do like the range of colors, and the texture. There is nothing wrong with this concealer, I do like Nars products and buy them instead of something that would be less expensive. This is just not one that I would buy again since there is nothing special here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fell in love with this when a wonderful guy at the Bloomie’s NARS counter lavished me with samples of it (Vanilla) and the tinted moisturizer (Alaska) when I bought the Orgasm cream stick blush.

Blendable, buildable, concentrated—pigmented enough to cover my blue undereye circles better than anything out there without caking, and stays put with just the faintest dusting of setting powder. So concentrated that one sample card can last for four or five applications, so long as you use a brush.

Went ahead and bought it at Sephora, in anticipation of eventually exhausting the samples (which I’d prefer to use for travel as they take up so little space & weight). Not cheap, but will last me longer than the concealers in pots that eventually get hard & pasty. (Previously used Benefit original Bo-ing, Sonia Kashuk, Jane Iredale, Joey, and NYX, as well as Bare Minerals “Bisque,” which settles into the fine lines that aren’t even visible on my naked skin). Will continue to use a concealer brush rather than the wand in the tube, simply for precision.

I bought this Nars "Radiant Creamy Concealer" a couple years ago in the color "Medium 1 Custard". I hate it. The only reason it is still in my makeup bag is because it cost a small fortune and I'm still trying to find some use for it!!! It is not creamy like the description indicates. Instead, it dries rather cake batter-like underneath the eye and just accentuates the fine lines there. I always use moisturizer first under my eyes and no other concealer has made my eyes look old like this one does. This also does nothing for covering my occasional blemises...Just accentuates them even more than if I had put nothing on them. The packaging was okay, but then why wouldn't it be with a huge price tag like this one has on it. I think I'll just stick with the drug store brands for now. At least some of those provide great coverage at a much smaller price! Don't waste your money if you have even one wrinkle and/or fine line...You will regret it!

on 1/2/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to for a very long time, I was so disappointed to learn Nars is no longer cruelty free. No not only has Mac gone this route .

on 7/23/2013 1:51:00 AM

I guess this is proof that different products work for different people. I do not like this concealer at all. I find it goes on thick, is hard to blend and settles in fine lines. I wore it every day for over a week and I wore eye cream under it. I am returning it to Nordstrom. I am going back to Dior Skinflash, which I love.

on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM

This is a good one. Hides dark circles, dosen't crease, look cakey or settle into fine lines, a must at my age (56).It's easy to choose a concealer when your young but when the fine lines and wrinkles set in it's a whole new ball game Another thing that I just love about this is if I need to, I can LAYER it and it still dosen't make my fine under eye lines look bad.This concealer , EL double wear and origins Quick! hide are the three best I've come aross for my mature skin.I have this in Custard and I'm nw 15-20.It is yellow toned , but more of a beige yellow. I usually prefer pink toned concealers but I seem to be able to carry this off.I only use this under eyes so can't comment on blemishes.The only reason I've given this 4 lippies is I don't like these sponge applicators.But I would buy it again as it's a very good product.