NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 44-55
NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works good on me for minimal mu days when I do just a few things like tinted sunscreen or moisturizer, concealer, and a little mascara. It isn't full coverage so I don't care to use it with a full eye mu, because it doesn't fully cover discolorations. But it does last all day without shifting or fading, and doesn't settle into my fine lines. I sometimes forget I have it on, and haven't had any issues whatsoever.
I hesitated to say that I would buy this again. It reminds me of Revlon colorstay concealer, I may get some just to compare the two, but must keep in mind the limited color range could knock it back down to an ok rating.

on 1/5/2015 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Such an awesome concealor! Perfect color match - I'm Nw20 and I use sheer glow in Mont Blanc and this concealor in vanilla. Long lasting and just the right consistency - thick enough to cover well but not too thick as to look heavy/cakey. Hg!

I KEEP BUYING

I so wish I hated this. I keep re purchasing and its $29 a tube. A tube lasts me about 2 mo.

I use only concealer these days; no foundation.

I spread on back of my hand water down with a bit of illuminator (BURBERRY #01 or COVER FX Illuminating Primer) for under eyes, and to cover redness in center of my face

I tap a bit full strength and full consistency on any other areas that need more coverage

Works great, easy to carry in my make up bag.

$29 is a very high priced for a concealer in my book, so can't give it 5 great stars

For performance and ease of use, this is a winner.

Can it be - have I FINALLY found a concealer that actually CONCEALS my undereye circles? Wow - hell must have frozen over! I have run the entire spectrum of concealers from discount ds to hi end dept store and all have been found lacking. Many that I loved ended up being d/c (what else is new) or my skin became drier = minerals didn't work as well anymore.

I had the SA at Sephora try both Vanilla and Custard on me (for reference, I'm MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair. In spring/summer, I'm, 1 shade darker (see my np if you truly want an itemized listing).

I fully expected Vanilla or even the shade lighter (forget the name) to be right for me. I was shocked to see in a side by side comparison that both Vanilla and Custard worked for me...??? I ended up going w/ Custard because I'll be able to wear all year round whereas the Vanilla would definitely not work for me in the spring/summer = why buy 2 when 1 will do...especially at this price?

It doesn't settle in my fine lines (of course, adequate moisturization before is always a must) and it truly lasts around 12 hours on me w/out the need for any touchup. I like this and unless I find a cheaper dupe (I've seen suggestions about Maybelline FIT ME as a possibility, I will re-purchase this.

04/02/15 update: I recently did a side by side test for a week of the Maybelline FIT Me in Fair and this in Vanilla - there was NO difference in wear, coverage, fine line issues (both settled a bit). Basically the only difference for me is the $$. Therefore, I will not be purchasing this in Vanilla and will use the Maybelline FIT ME instead for under my eyes. I still have the tube of Custard I purchased at the time of my initial review and of course, still love and will continue to use until gone. At that time, I may try to find the dupe Maybelline shade to see if that works as well for blemishes as NARS...

on 3/4/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Have been using this a few days and it's now my favorite concealer. I have been using D&G's pen concealer under my eyes but it's a bit lighter than I'd like. Also still like armani's & Edward Bess for red spots and blemishes on the face. Nars takes care of everything. Vanilla is a very good match for my skin The texture is smooth enough to be great under the eyes yet not too creamy for else where on the face. I've already bought another one for my pocket book.

My shade: vanilla

I've used a few of these over the last few years, but I'm moving on. I've primarily used it to cover increasingly alarming under-eye circles/caverns. And yes, I know there's only so much you can do about a cavern, because shadows. My experiences:

The Cons:
-Hangs out in your fine lines. They had one another; I don't think they were lonely, so why?

-Plugged pores in that area. No one needs clogged pores in a zone they aren't supposed to touch.

-I'm a klutz, and apparently have trouble getting the wand exactly centered over the opening. Result: a really messy tube that spreads the mess around to everything in the vicinity. The packaging is kind of hard to clean, although I'm a fan of windex + microfiber cloth for getting that mess off.

-On both sides of my face, I have some just barely crepy skin (for lack of a better description) under my eyes with a bit of sun damage peeking through. This concealer looks caked on in that area. Honestly, I think that's the only area of my face where this is happening, so could just be my weird lil issue.

The Pros:
-It covers really well.
-The doefoot applicator shape is nice

I'm still going to recommend trying it. Everyone's skin is different, and most of us are using different combinations of moisturizers/primers, etc., so ymmv.

on 4/5/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Someone else said it better- it's neither radiant nor creamy. I have dry undereyes with some fine lines. This makes me look much older! It's far too dry. I can't even use it on my chin- looks too cakey. The pigment is good. I may try to mix some primer in so I can use it up. No Bueno

Settles into wrinkles. I am mature and had been using a Dior concealer, which is far more forgiving for eyes that have lines in which product can 'settle' - This is a good concealer ( hype works..) but, it is a bit dry and definately NOT first choice for mature eyes. I applied it carefully and looked a few hours later and *gulp* every single line was neatly 'enhanced'.
Never again!

I was very happy to see that Sephora was selling mini sizes of Nars RCC (only 2 shades offered but I was lucky that one of those shades matched).
As happy as I was to purchase this much-hyped concealer, I was soon disappointed to find out that the formula was very very drying.
The Nars RCC settled into lines, looked thick and dried out the skin below my eyes.

on 12/8/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

UPDATE

WON'T REPURCHASE -- FOUND A DUPE

NYX HD Concealer with the wand in shade 02 is an exact color match to NARS Creamy Concealer in Vanilla

Consistency is just about the same as well. Its $5.00 and they have buy one get one free sales

I bought 2 shades of NYX

02 for under eyes to brighten (I mixed with a bit of Burberry Glow No1)

02 for other areas i need to slightly brighten

04 for spot concealing on my face

I have found it is better to put the NYX or any concealer on the back of my hand, warm it up, and take a tiny brush to apply. Off the wand even a dot can be too much concealer and a goop of concealer doesn't look natural or good on anyone's face

This works perfectly. You can't tell one side is NARS and the other side is NYX.

I am so glad to have found the NYX concealer

***************

I seriously need to find a dupe for this, I love it so much

I use concealer only most days, and have Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, and the Maybelline that is supposed to be a dupe.

This is the best. If I need more coverage or change of color I mix a tad with my LM or EL concealers.

The thing I hate is the price. It is grossly overpriced.

Love the texture color everything but the price

Will re purchase