NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.5

This is one expensive little concealer especially when it doesn't work.

I first purchased this in Vanilla but it was too dark and then went back for the Chantilly. Basically I purchased it for my under eye area and to brighten and cover any spots or flaws.

It didn't matter how I applied this cream it ended up dry, cakey, covered nothing and accentuated wrinkles I didn't think I even had. Made me look like I had sleep boogers, not a look I recommend.

Very disappointed because the price point isn't cheap and I wasted cash on two very small tubes that I can do nothing with.

This is not as advertised, creamy and long lasting, it barely lasted an hour, if that. I had to go over it with my favourite concealer.

I will try to use it up as eye primer and I think this one is best for beautiful ladies with oily skin.

on 5/8/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a tried a host of high end concealers but for the last year I've been using Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it's creamy, blends easily and has minimal creasing. Also it's very cheap which is important because I also use it as a highlighter which means I use a lot. Still after a full year of not trying any of the higher priced concealers I decided to give this Nars concealer a try.

I got the shade custard which is almost an exact dupe for the Fit me shade, sand. When I was applying the Nars concealer I really thought I was going to love it. It was creamy and it was giving great coverage. But it was too thick, I had to sheer it out a lot with a beauty blender and then after an hour or so it creased and settled into my fine lines. Tried again the next day and set with powder. It still creased and the powder made it look cakey. Looks like I will be sticking with my Fit Me concealer which is kind of good news as it's only a 1/3 of the price.

on 4/9/2017 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am in the minority, because so many people love this product. I didn't! I bought it at Macy's during a ten percent off day (I had such fun, and spent much too much money). I got the shade Creme Brulee. Basically, I found this very drying. I like many Nars products but I can't understand all the great reviews. I just need something to cover up my bluish undereye circles which are very pronouced. I don't think anything radiant is great for undereyes. Radiance draws attention, I want to focus attention on something other than my dark circles. In a nutshell, it failed for me. The search goes on.......

I actually wanted to purchase the new matte concealer on the pot, but it just looked heavy yet was so thin texture wise.... I would need to play with it. Anyway.... I don't know why I've overlooked this liquid concealer before. There are so many shades you are bound to find one to suit you. Nice finish and yet pigmented.

on 1/30/2017 11:00:00 PM

Love love love this! I'm wearing vanilla and it's the best I've every purchased hands down. I'm 51 and have been a makeup junkee for about 25 years. I don't have wrinkles yet, but concealers can still make me look old if it's not well done. I don't bake it. I don't like the feeling of the powder being under my eyes. So far I'm loving it!

on 12/17/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has great coverage but is slightly thick and can turn cakey quickly when I use as an under eye concealer. Works fine for red spots on face, still need to pay attention so it doesn't cake. I have uber dry mature skin and this I gave away to my daughter. She enjoys it. Glad it's being put to use.

Unfortunately for my pocketbook this works wonderfully for me. HATE the price point, but this literally works the best for me to brighten my inner corners. Others have said this isn't "creamy," but I sort of think what they mean is that it is like a cream product- very thick. It is very pigmented and you must work one eye at a time, because this sets so quickly. I use my ring finger to spread it quickly and then finish with a little beauty blender. I do not need powder to set and this does not wrinkle on me. Actually the first undereye concealer that DOES NOT crease on me! Oh and this lasts all day on me.

I tried the FIt Me concealer, which is touted as being a dupe for Nars. I know it has great reviews but it was not a dupe at all. It did not work for me. I did a review of it as well.

All in all, I love this concealer. However the price is outrageous for the amount of product you get.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

As much as I love and swear by Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, I thought I'd love this as well -- I thought they'd be complementary. I see a lot of positive reviews, but this product just didn't get along with me at all.

I'm 46 and pale/fair. I have dark circles under my eyes and they're bad, not easy to cover. One eye is worse than the other.

I used Vanilla. I moisturized before applying. The color was fine for me. But the coverage of this Nars concealer was simply not enough once blended out. It somewhat covered the darkness under one eye, but did not mask the discoloration under the other one. It did mask broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, though it looked somewhat thick and caked even when blended out. At that point I was thinking it was not the best, but not the worst.

I decided to use setting powder, hoping that once powdered, the undereye coverage would improve somehow. This is where things went horribly awry. I used a sparing amount of Tarte Smooth Operator loose powder to set. OH MY GOD, THE HORROR. Immediately the Nars concealer looked caked like cracked earth. So, so crepey and chalky and it created new undereye wrinkles I never had before! It looked so unnatural, words fail me. It easily added 15 years or more to my face. I was getting ready to go out with my husband. He heard me cursing and apologizing for running late, but I said "Honey I've GOT to redo my makeup. I can't leave the house like this." He was gonna yell at me, but then he saw it, and he said, "Oh, WOW. I totally understand." This is a man who would tell me I looked good almost no matter what, if it would get us moving out the door. That's how bad this was.

Now, as tempting as it is to blame the Tarte Smooth Operator for not playing nice with the Nars concealer, I can't blame the Tarte powder. That powder works flawlessly to set my current concealer (which does a far better job than the Nars one!). Currently I am using Mary Kay Full Coverage Foundation as a concealer. I would not recommend it as a foundation (too thick for my taste), but as a concealer, it's excellent. It doesn't settle into or emphasize fine lines. I like it and I don't know why I wanted to try something new. I guess even when we're happy with a product, we always want to see if there's something even better. I found out this isn't it -- at least not for me. Giving it 2 stars because before I set it, it did at least cover the broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, and because the range of colors offered is good. It's hard for me to completely savage a Nars product, let alone one liked by so many others, but ime this was awful. I returned it to Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I lurk quite a bit here at MakeupAlley but I finally have found a product that brought me over to the review side!

I purchased Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer about 4 days ago in Custard, I've been wearing it daily since my purchase so I think I've gotten a handle on how it behaves.

Background: I'm in my late 40's with dry under-eye skin that so easily gets crepey, wrinkly and dried out the second most concealers and powders are applied. It would get that way even with a hydrating foundation. I'm light/medium with yellow/warm undertones and some dark under eye circles.

I've been on the hunt for a concealer that doesn't make me look twice as old as I already am and I had almost given up. I've tried so many out there, from most drugstore brands to a variety of mid-level.

After reading a lot of reviews and watching concealer tutorials/reviews on youtube I decided to give Nars a try. I was a bit doubtful after spending some money on Born This Way concealer as it was a dismal, crepey failure.

So far, I couldn't be more pleased. I wear it the same as I have all of my other concealers. I moisturize quite a bit, wait a few mins, add a hydrating primer and then apply concealer. In regards to Nars, I'm also wearing Dior Airflash, which can be a bit drying and what seems to be working out perfectly here is to apply the concealer first and then the foundation as opposed to the foundation/concealer. This seems to blend everything well but doesn't smear the Nars around and gives excellent coverage.

Normally, I will crease within minutes of applying concealer and go crepey and dry immediately after setting with powder (have used a variety, current is Mercier Secret Undereye). These last few days have been wonderful. The only creasing I see are my normal creases that will always be there and I'm fine with that. I'm not seeing an enhancement of tiny little dry lines or any creases that don't belong. The color match is perfect. When the Nars dries down, it does so fairly quickly and dries down matte before I set it. Today I just lightly dusted some random Elf loose setting powder that is matte as well. If I can get this nice of a look to my concealer with Elf, I know that the Nars concealer is truly working for me.

I would definitely purchase this again. I do want to try the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer as I've read some very good reviews along the same lines as Nars and it never hurts to try new things! :) But if I were stuck with only one concealer for the rest of my life and it were Nars, I'd be fine with that.

on 7/14/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a fantastic concealer. I suffer with dark circles and this concealer is able to mask them without sitting in the lines around my eyes or fading into my skin as the day wears on.