NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.5

on 4/19/2018 5:10:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this product. I have bought and returned it, in several colors, about four times!! Probably because I just can't find anything else that meets my needs, and this one keeps getting recommended! I am very fair, Mont Blanc in Nars' Sheer Glow foundation ( which is neither sheer or glowy!). I have tried the Vanilla, the Chantilly, and the new Creme Brulee because it was supposed to be pinker. The Chantilly was white, the Vanilla had no pink in it, just a greyish yellow, and the Creme Brulee left peachy residue around the inside of my nose and was all around too dark. And that is just the colors. I don't find the formula to be radiant at all! It has light coverage that creased into lines beneath my eyes before I even had any! It looked more dry than radiant to me! I had high hopes for the Creme Brulee, thinking that I would finally find a concealer with a fair, cool undertone that was hydrating and glowy. NOT, will have to keep looking. Again I don't get all the hype. This is just another Nars product, like the Sheer Glow foundation, that is misnamed. At least the foundation was the color described, I can't say the same for the concealer. Any suggestions would be helpful. BTW, I wear Bobbi Brown's Extra Light Bisque corrector under all my concealers, that is how dark my circles are! But her concealers are not cool or hydrating enough either.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought a trial size color Custard (Medium 1) at Sephora .05 oz for $13. I absolutely love this concealer! It covers dark circles and stays put all day. It stays creamy and does not settle into fine lines. The color Custard is a light medium yellow tone which is perfect for my light olive skin. I layer this over the Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector for a flawless & bright-eyed look.

My shade: vanilla

I've used a few of these over the last few years, but I'm moving on. I've primarily used it to cover increasingly alarming under-eye circles/caverns. And yes, I know there's only so much you can do about a cavern, because shadows. My experiences:

The Cons:
-Hangs out in your fine lines. They had one another; I don't think they were lonely, so why?

-Plugged pores in that area. No one needs clogged pores in a zone they aren't supposed to touch.

-I'm a klutz, and apparently have trouble getting the wand exactly centered over the opening. Result: a really messy tube that spreads the mess around to everything in the vicinity. The packaging is kind of hard to clean, although I'm a fan of windex + microfiber cloth for getting that mess off.

-On both sides of my face, I have some just barely crepy skin (for lack of a better description) under my eyes with a bit of sun damage peeking through. This concealer looks caked on in that area. Honestly, I think that's the only area of my face where this is happening, so could just be my weird lil issue.

The Pros:
-It covers really well.
-The doefoot applicator shape is nice

I'm still going to recommend trying it. Everyone's skin is different, and most of us are using different combinations of moisturizers/primers, etc., so ymmv.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works good on me for minimal mu days when I do just a few things like tinted sunscreen or moisturizer, concealer, and a little mascara. It isn't full coverage so I don't care to use it with a full eye mu, because it doesn't fully cover discolorations. But it does last all day without shifting or fading, and doesn't settle into my fine lines. I sometimes forget I have it on, and haven't had any issues whatsoever.
I hesitated to say that I would buy this again. It reminds me of Revlon colorstay concealer, I may get some just to compare the two, but must keep in mind the limited color range could knock it back down to an ok rating.

This is one expensive little concealer especially when it doesn't work.

I first purchased this in Vanilla but it was too dark and then went back for the Chantilly. Basically I purchased it for my under eye area and to brighten and cover any spots or flaws.

It didn't matter how I applied this cream it ended up dry, cakey, covered nothing and accentuated wrinkles I didn't think I even had. Made me look like I had sleep boogers, not a look I recommend.

Very disappointed because the price point isn't cheap and I wasted cash on two very small tubes that I can do nothing with.

This is not as advertised, creamy and long lasting, it barely lasted an hour, if that. I had to go over it with my favourite concealer.

I will try to use it up as eye primer and I think this one is best for beautiful ladies with oily skin.

on 5/8/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a tried a host of high end concealers but for the last year I've been using Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it's creamy, blends easily and has minimal creasing. Also it's very cheap which is important because I also use it as a highlighter which means I use a lot. Still after a full year of not trying any of the higher priced concealers I decided to give this Nars concealer a try.

I got the shade custard which is almost an exact dupe for the Fit me shade, sand. When I was applying the Nars concealer I really thought I was going to love it. It was creamy and it was giving great coverage. But it was too thick, I had to sheer it out a lot with a beauty blender and then after an hour or so it creased and settled into my fine lines. Tried again the next day and set with powder. It still creased and the powder made it look cakey. Looks like I will be sticking with my Fit Me concealer which is kind of good news as it's only a 1/3 of the price.

on 4/9/2017 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am in the minority, because so many people love this product. I didn't! I bought it at Macy's during a ten percent off day (I had such fun, and spent much too much money). I got the shade Creme Brulee. Basically, I found this very drying. I like many Nars products but I can't understand all the great reviews. I just need something to cover up my bluish undereye circles which are very pronouced. I don't think anything radiant is great for undereyes. Radiance draws attention, I want to focus attention on something other than my dark circles. In a nutshell, it failed for me. The search goes on.......

I actually wanted to purchase the new matte concealer on the pot, but it just looked heavy yet was so thin texture wise.... I would need to play with it. Anyway.... I don't know why I've overlooked this liquid concealer before. There are so many shades you are bound to find one to suit you. Nice finish and yet pigmented.

on 1/30/2017 11:00:00 PM

Love love love this! I'm wearing vanilla and it's the best I've every purchased hands down. I'm 51 and have been a makeup junkee for about 25 years. I don't have wrinkles yet, but concealers can still make me look old if it's not well done. I don't bake it. I don't like the feeling of the powder being under my eyes. So far I'm loving it!

on 12/17/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has great coverage but is slightly thick and can turn cakey quickly when I use as an under eye concealer. Works fine for red spots on face, still need to pay attention so it doesn't cake. I have uber dry mature skin and this I gave away to my daughter. She enjoys it. Glad it's being put to use.