NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.9

on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My review is going to be long so if you can't settle down for story time, skip over this one. I've given this product so much hate for the past 2 months so I owe it to Nars to fix this (I'm not sponsored by anyone, I promise).
I've always been a brush and finger person when it comes to makeup, and I've only ever used Maybelline Age Rewind (apply the product to the back of your hand first, it blends nicer when warmed.) I switched to a beauty blender to save on time but carried on using my fingers for concealer. I heard so much hype based around this product (pretty sure this was one of the bombs before Tarte shape tape) that I was curious and decided to give it a try. I asked for something 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone so I could be bright but not give off ghostly vibes. I got matched to Custard.
The first two weeks were excellent. It blended like a dream with my fingers and I couldn't stop banging on about it. I drew the classic upside down triangle, blended and set with RCMA no colour powder. I don't bake unless it's a wedding or another event where pictures>cake face. On a normal day, a light dusting of powder does the job. It didn't crease, it was brighter than a drugstore concealer but still flattered my skintone. My eyebags aren't terrible, so this medium coverage is a good pick for me. I haven't attempted to use this to cover spots because it's a bit lighter than my skin tone.
The next time I went to apply concealer, my undereyes looked like what I would describe as "crepy". If you google Tesco crepes and zoom in, memorise that texture and pattern. I kid you not, my undereyes looked a bit like that minus a few lines. I'm only 19, I don't have dry undereyes and loads of lines just yet. First, I blamed myself. I told myself I was being too heavy handed with my eye cream and not giving it enough time to settle down ( I use Mario Badescu hylauronic acid eye cream) so I switched to using the Simple eye roll on. Nope, same issue. At this point I'm running my mouth all over the place about how bad it is, what a waste of money it was etc.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's not giving up. Or being stubborn. Take it how you will. After watching Brianna Fox's videos, I came to the conclusion that I should mix it with eye cream. On one eye, I dumped on a load of MB eye cream and let it take its time blending in. On the other one, I mixed up the concealer with MB on the back of my hand. This time I went in with the beauty blender. It didn't look too bad, the overloaded eye cream side still saw a touch of crepe here and there. I daresay the mixed side looked smooth, but the area where my eyebag starts right next to my tear duct still looked a bit crusty.
At that point, I lost interest. But here comes exam season which means I did/am doing everything I can to avoid revising. Including making this concealer work for me and typing out a super long review. I would like to point out that I was never a beauty blender person, I never thought there would be a learning curve but guess what, there was: stamp the product, but less pressure and more bouncing. Trust me, very lightly tap. This particular day I started with concealer first, ready to wipe it off should it go wrong. My, my, was I in for a surprise. I started off using MB eye cream (thank you dear sister for knocking the Simple one off the shelf and thank you me for being too lazy to retrieve it) and let that sink in. I decided to stipple the upside down triangle instead, and went in with the butt of my beauty blender instead of the tip. I think one of my many many minor issues at the start was that my beauty blender was too damp. I figured that I'd start at the bottom of the triangle, so closer to my nose and then work up to the undereyes. My theory is that the product soaked into the sponge, making it less damp at this point so I could bounce freely without any product shifting off and no patchiness.
When I was done, I hated my life because I managed to make it work and I was living for how it looked. Because I'm a bitter human and I wanted to still be in the right for hating it, I decided to go about my day without setting it. Much to my horror, it didn't crease at all ( I don't overdo product and I blend very, very well). As I sit here typing, I'm wearing an expression of pure grumpiness because I've mastered this concealer and I've never hated myself more because I know I'll be repurchasing.

on 4/14/2018 7:00:00 AM

I bought the shade “ Canelle” twice. Advantages: creamy formula, hydrating, varies undertones, sleek packaging , works well with a variety of foundations Disadvantages: not many colours to suit deeper skin tones , very expensive at £25 , small amount of product for the price , applicator doesn’t get a lot of the product out & seems very sharp( don’t know if I got unlucky twice) I would buy again

on 3/23/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After spending the coin on concealers I never ended up liking, I thought I should pick this up. I bought ginger which is described as medium with golden undertones but I would say it’s an un-neutral mix of golden and pink, maybe like a peach undertones. I have olive tan skin and this colour blends in seamlessly, but this isn’t the perfect shade and undertone for me. The formula is amazing in coverage an the natural almost luminous finish it gives. It sets well with the minimum amount of creasing (most concealers make me crease like crazy) and it doesn’t oxidize. It’s very easy to blend but if you’re using a beauty blender you should know it’s gonna EAT the concealer. I suggest blending with your fingers first to spread the product evenly and then going over with a few taps from the Beauty blender, this is how you get max coverage with minimum amount of product.
It doesn’t break me out, it doesn’t slip and slide on my oily combination skin. In gives amazing coverage for hyper pigmentation even when I don’t use a corrector and ugh I just love it.
I don’t care for the price because it is worth it and lasts a long time I don’t care spending around 39$ for a concealer that gets the job done because I’m paying for the ingredients, formula, luxe packaging... I would highly recommend for all skin types and I there is no way you can’t find the right shade-I can choose between 4 different shades for undereye+cc+face shade (ginger, macademia, sucre d’orge and caramel) and not one. Keep coming up with more shades nars 👏🏽

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing product! so full coverage and easy to blend. Is a bit pricey but when its a concealer like this i dont mind.

on 2/7/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is overall a very nice concealer. I found it creased a little throughout the day but other than that the coverage and consistency won me over. Leaves an airbrushed look on the skin

(My actual rating is 3.5 lippies).

Practically all of the base products I've tried oxidized two shades darker on me, even with a primer on (ex. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing Hydrating Concealer, Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer, etc.). With this concealer being so raved about, I was hoping it would work for me. But this oxidizes too, which makes me so upset. I've tried two shades, Custard and the recently added shade Café Con Leche. Custard was too dark, so I tried Café Con Leche which seemed like the perfect shade at first. Both oxidized two shades darker, and into a peachy colour that didn't match me at all. Unfortunately, both shades were completely unusable so I had to return them.

Besides the disappointing oxidization (that doesn't seem to happen to most people), this concealer is quite nice formula-wise. It is a nice consistency, blends out easily. Not too drying or matte and I haven't noticed any creasing (I’ve only used this after putting on eye cream though). I have to say that the coverage is not full enough to completely get eliminate any traces of my purple-brown under eyes, I can still see darkness peaking through.

The packaging is nice and sturdy, not bulky at all. The cap of this concealer is made of the rubberized black material used for most NARS products, and it gets dirtied with fingerprints and makeup residue fast. I do think that it would be nice if the price was knocked down to $30 CAD (we can all dream).

Overall, I think this is a solid concealer and I can see why it has reached holy grail status for so many people. But personally, I wasn’t able to make it work for me which was unfortunate. I would recommend this only to people who doesn’t usually have base products oxidize on them, and if you are someone like me who has all sorts of products oxidizing on their face I’d suggest trying samples first.

I've always wanted this concealer, but I was afraid that this product would be bad. Even though there were many positive reviews about this product I was spectacle, especially when the price is pretty expensive. Although the price is a bit expensive, this product is great. The texture of the product is creamy, buildable, blendable and the package is what I expect a concealer to look like. It is worth the hype and recommend this product with anyone who needs to cover up dark circles. Thank you for reading my review here's a cookie 🍪

on 11/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my best concealer, and I have re-purchased it many times. It blends out like a dream, and doesn't settle into any fine lines. However, it doesn't cover all of my dark circles - but nothing ever does, so I'm not too mad about it. I apply this under my eyes, and blend it out with a beauty-blender, before setting it with a loose setting powder.

on 11/4/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great creamy concealer for under eyes, wears well and doesn’t crease! It’s the best all-round concealer I’ve found and its my go-to everyday concealer.
A little pricey but worth it.

Pros:
Very pigmented coverage
Great for covering under eyes
Easy applicator
Good colour range

Cons:
Very expensive
Product runs out quite quickly
Quite dry - sometimes emphasised lines and difficult to blend out.

Overall while the coverage is great the price point is too high to keep on buying - wasn't worth it for me.