NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

3.9

on 1/24/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a thick concealer that is very opaque. While it covers a lot, on my dry type skin it always ends up looking caked and cracked, no matter how I apply it (fingers, brush, damp sponge). Additionally, likely due to the dryness of my skin, this can be difficult to blend. I used my entire tube -- which took just over a year, but I don't put it on anything other than a few small acne scars once or twice a week.

If one were to apply this under the eyes, to highlight, or in any way more liberally than me this could last 3 months tops.There is so little product. Only 6 mL. It's crazy.

If you have oily or combo skin I see how this could be lovely, since the coverage is so high and the shades are beautiful. The formula simply is not suited to dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this concealer!!! I am a little unorthodox in my application as i like to apply it to blemishes before applying foundation but personally, I find this gives a more natural but still strong coverage on the concealed area. I also use a lighter color of this product for highlighting and for under eyes and it does the job perfectly. I have never come across a concealer that is either high end or drug store that is better than this.

I really wanted to love this concealer but it seems everyone is having a different experience to it than I. Bought it in the lightest shade, apply under my eyes and on forehead and chin for highlight and find it to need a lot of product for high coverage. When I do, I like the coverage and the brightening pigment it has BUT it creases??? I swear this doesn't happen with anyone else, yet for me it always does. Bearing in mind I'm 18 with zero wrinkles lol.

Weirdest thing, I also find it makes my eyes sting and water when I apply it on my under eye area. Does anyone else get this? I've really been wondering...

Average packaging except the box practically fell apart.

favourite concealer hands down. one of the only products that truly lives up to the hype. Doesnt crease or cake and blends beautifully. I'm in the shade camel and the coverage is buildable. I have spots of hyper pigmentation under my right eye which is my concern area and it covers most with just a couple dots!!

on 11/16/2016 11:48:00 PM

This concealer is listed as medium to full buildable coverage. I'd say it's more medium than full, and it's not very buildable.

My main goal for a concealer is to cover up my dark undereye circles and darkness on and around the lid. This concealer does NOT work for that. It creases under the eye and on the lid. Nothing I could do made it better. I moisturized under the eye, I left it dry. I used a primer, I skipped primer. I tried powdering and not powdering. It's going to crease.

Furthermore, after not even an hour of wear, the areas covered by the concealer look dry and crusty in a "makeupy" way. It was an odd texture, which was disappointing because it looks VERY good when first put on. Because of this, it also didn't work well to cover any spots I had, because the pimple would soon have a really different unnatural texture that didn't "match" the rest of my face.

By the end of the day, the concealer wasn't even on anymore.

This may work better for someone with oilier skin, but as someone with normal to dry skin this product just didn't.

As for the packaging.. the stopper keeps you from getting to a lot of product. Before I tossed it, I removed the stopper and had a lot of product left. I would remove it as you start to run out.

on 11/11/2016 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I actually bought this product about three times, I ended up getting tiny little colorless bumps around my cheeks and almost under eye area I never guessed it could be this product because I thought it was a must have, after switching back to Mac and trying the new shape tape I realized this was my enemy! I can't believe I've purchased this time and time again and bought it in multiple shades :( what a waste.

on 11/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer because I had heard so many good things about it. Many people said that it didn't exaggerate dry patches (and my eyes lit up because I have very dry skin) and that it didn't crease. So I went out and bought it in "Custard", not to highlight but just as an overall concealer. The colour match was pretty perfect and the packaging was very high-end. I must say that I loved the packaging most out of everything about it. The tube was sturdy unlike my "Wake Me Up" concealer by Rimmel and it felt like it was high-quality material.

I found the formula quite drying. I accentuated my dry patches (which was pretty much everywhere) and I couldn't use it without applying a primer beforehand. The consistency is pretty think (hence, the term "Creamy") and I preferred my Rimmel concealer because it was much lighter and easier to blend just a tad bit. The next day, I would break out with tiny red pimples wherever I applied it. I was so disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it just like everybody else.

Pros:
    * Packaging
    * Quite a large range of colours for different skin tones
    * No overwhelming fragrance (couldn't detect any actually)
    * Amazing coverage

Cons:
    * Accentuated dry patches
    * Broke me out after every use
    * Quite expensive
    * Blending was a little difficult but not impossible

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was really hesitant in buying this for a while but one day I splurged and bought it. I was using the maybelline fit me concealer at the time and after trying this I say just buy the maybelline one. The nars one has more coverage but cakes up more even though I have oily skin. It doesn't work well under the eyes but I enjoy it for spot concealing. It's a nice concealer but I wouldn't repurchase

i hated this. i was looking for a concealer that wouldn't cake on my dry skin, and after all the positive stuff i heard about it i thought i'd try it. soooo disappointed. it was incredibly dry. not buying again. my fit me concealer is better that nars.

on 9/18/2016 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer!! I am already on my third tube because that is how much I love this stuff. It is medium to full coverage and blends so easily. It is great for both the under eye area and any blemishes. It brightens my face so well for a flawless look. Since NARS recently added new shades, the collection works for so many different skin tones!
    Would definitely repurchase!