NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A couple years ago this was a staple product for me. I repurchased this product a number of times and loved it! Since then however i have discovered some great waaaayyy cheaper alternatives that almost work better for me. It's not that this is a bad product, because its quite good! Its just not worth the heavy cost in my opinion.

I have the deluxe sample size (13$) in the shade Vanilla and I'm very glad i didn't buy the full-size tube. I have very noticeable blue-purple undereye circles and my undereye area has fine lines that crease naturally (without having mature skin). This was simply too creamy for my undereyes to handle and it caked up and emphasized my fine lines and creased pretty badly when powdered.

The main reason I don't like it is the price and the wide availability of better, cheaper alternatives. I can find good concealers at the drugstore that do better on me than this concealer and even my HG - pro-longwear from MAC - is less expensive. Even something with less coverage, when paired with a corrector, looks much better. As for a drugstore dupe for this, the milani one in the squeeze tube is a very similar creamy formula that I'd recommend trying out first.

I'd recommend this only if you have naturally crease-free undereyes that are generally dry.

on 5/23/2017 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is my favorite concealer. I love the texture smooth and blendable. I've also noticed that you can increase the coverage by allowing the product to get a little tacky before blending it out. The packaging is nice and sleek and the doe foot applicator makes applying product easy. For reference, I'm NC50 and I have the shade caramel.  I set it with a yellow powder after application to prevent it from creasing and budging. I use it to highlight and I'm thinking of getting the darkest shade for contour. The price is rather steep, $30 for a full size a 0.22/6ml tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a solid concealer (deserves a 4/5 in terms of the product itself) but there are definitely dupes out there which are more worth it for the price (removing a lippie for this). I was using Maybelline Fit Me with good results, but thought I could take it to another level of undereye concealerness with this Nars Creamy Concealer since I love a lot of other Nars products. I was pretty underwhelmed though. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing that stands out. Save your $$ and just get the drugstore version. Why pay more for the same results, right? Pro tip: Nars Custard is basically an identical shade to Maybelline Fit Me in Sand

on 5/14/2017 12:50:00 AM

My HG concealer, covers everything from dark circles to spots and blemishes. I am on my 3rd tube already. I am a MAC NC 15 and Vanilla for this. Sometimes if the blemishes are bad, I will apply MAC first and layer on with this and the coverage is awesome. For dark circles, I use a pink color corrector from Urban decay before applying this and both really work well together to brighten the under eye area.

on 5/8/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a tried a host of high end concealers but for the last year I've been using Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it's creamy, blends easily and has minimal creasing. Also it's very cheap which is important because I also use it as a highlighter which means I use a lot. Still after a full year of not trying any of the higher priced concealers I decided to give this Nars concealer a try.

I got the shade custard which is almost an exact dupe for the Fit me shade, sand. When I was applying the Nars concealer I really thought I was going to love it. It was creamy and it was giving great coverage. But it was too thick, I had to sheer it out a lot with a beauty blender and then after an hour or so it creased and settled into my fine lines. Tried again the next day and set with powder. It still creased and the powder made it look cakey. Looks like I will be sticking with my Fit Me concealer which is kind of good news as it's only a 1/3 of the price.

Such a great, all over concealer! Covers spots brilliantly, but also works great under eyes to conceal and brighten. Nice middle of the road finish, not overly matte, but not greasy at all. I have "Chantilly" and it's actually a pit too pale for me, which almost never happens with concealers, so it's a win for ultra pale peeps. I love doe foot applicator concealers, they are so quick/easy to use with targeted precision. Pricey, but worth it!

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really like this concealer- It has really good coverage for my dark circles and with some colour correcting it all but gets rid of them, score! I have combo skin and my undereye area had always been a pain for me- I have some dry skin and some oily patches there, but I didn't find it dried out my skin much at all. I've tried quite a few concealers and I've always had a pretty big problem with creasing and smudging even with baking and setting, but I've had 0 problems with this one. I think going a bit higher end worked out.

I got the shade Chantilly hoping it would be a tad lighter than my skin for highlighting a little, but if you're very pale like I am the shade is basically a skin match. I can't complain too much though, now I use it for covering imperfections and the occasional spot and I think I prefer using it like this and highlighting with something else.

on 4/24/2017 12:37:00 AM

Full coverage, easy to blend out and if you set it right away with a powder it doesn't crease throughout the day. Brightens under the eyes and looks so fresh. A little goes a long way so don't sit there and layer it because it could look heavy real fast. I find it blends out best with a slightly damp beauty blender. Love it! Very excited to try their new concealer in the pot.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A great concealer. Full coverage without bunching under the eyes. Best applied with a beauty sponge and set with a powder.