Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 11/17/2017 7:01:00 AM

Sad to say that in a nutshell...the worst foundation for my skin.
I wish I could say it didn’t break me out but omg I had the worst acne breakout since I was 18. Comedones, whiteheads, acne cosmetica all over forehead, cystic acne. The works. I am very careful with my skincare and getting every scrap of makeup off my skin at night so I don’t breakout, but this stuff must have been welded on in my pores still and I didn’t realise. I wish I knew how other people with acne prone skin got on so well with it and how they removed it.
Also, within a couple of hours it oxidised.
It was very cakey which just accentuated the flaws, dry patches and bumps.
Photos look like your a ghost due to flashback.
Sad it didn’t work for me as it seems to work well for so many others.

on 11/14/2017 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The coverage is pretty nice. It will look good on those who have to cover up acne.
If you have a dry skin, it will make it even more dry by the end of the day.
After 9-10 hours you will see it will start to clump around the eye area.

4 out 5 because of it makes the dry skin even more dry.

on 10/30/2017 8:32:00 PM

I wish there were more color ranges for darker warm toned people. Rich caramel is way too orange and rich ginger is too light.

on 11/6/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation! A little goes a very long way. My skin looks absolutely flawless after. It also wears so well. I have gone to festivals mid summer when the temperatures are in the high 90s and been outside for hours, looked in the mirror, and been shocked by how good my skin still looks. It’s amazing. It can feel a little tacky at times, but setting it with a foundation is all it needs. It’s such a great foundation. You can wear it light or layer it. Dries semi matte. I love it.

on 11/5/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have bought this foundation three times. This is the King of all foundations for me. The coverage is buildable and about medium coverage when applied with a brush (I use a Morphe M439). If I put this on in the morning and go about my day I know it'll be on when I enter my house at ten at night. I always wear this and always get compliments on how great my skin looks! I have the oiliest skin, it's acne prone and I almost always have at least three pimples. I also live in a very hot, humid climate. I will say this is not matte. and I do get very shiny throughout the day but I am not a fan of matte foundations so that's fine for me. This breaks me out if it isn't washed off correctly, and by that I mean use more than a makeup wipe. I despise the fact that it has no pump, I'd like it more even if it was in a squeezy tube but this bottle is annoying. All in all though, a beautiful foundation and I would recommend it to everyone! (I have recommended it to my mom, three of my aunts, my sister, four of my friends and everyone has had great results with this!)

on 11/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Pros:
Medium-high coverage
Very long wearing

Cons:
The fact the bottle has no pump and you have to tip it out is irritating. For the price it should have a pump
Patchy and accentuates dry patches/acne etc
Because its so long wearing the colour is so flat on and dry/dull looking on

on 10/29/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to be good but now they jacked the price by a whole 10 dollars now that more people are using it. Outrageous example of price gouging, and there are so many new foundations coming out in the 30 dollar range that there is no reason to keep buying bottles of Doublewear at 44 bucks. Estee Lauder is ridiculous. AND NO PUMP STILL. THEY WANT YOU TO PAY $10 FOR THE PUMP TOO, IN ADDITION TO RAISING THE PRICE BY $10! WILD!

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

FIRST, let me say I have extremely sensitive skin. Meaning anything cheap, or small can cause the littlest thing to go wrong with my skin. I've had foundations that turned my skin red, into rashes, into acne outbreaks, basically you name it. This is the FIRST one that I can honestly say didn't. What you see is what you get, other reviews say it oxidizes, but for me it did not. The shades I apply is the shade that's on hours later. I never find myself touching up this foundation. It's build able which I like. If you wanna go light with you can, or if you want that heavier make up look that's possible as well with this estee foundation. It stays on lock down. I have dry skin, so I hydrate with their moisturizer before applying. My mom, is however oily not dry and it works for her as well. Yes, it's a bit pricey but a bottle lasts me three months and that's wearing it just about everyday. I work at Hooters and it with stands all the heat, running around, and looking glamours that my job requires. No questions asked it's my everyday GO TO foundation!