Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I have ever repurchased. I have owned three of these, never in my proper shade. The cool shades are too pink, the warm tones are way too orange and the neutral tones are also too pink.

On one hand, the coverage is beautiful, I have terrible acne and it helps cover it very nicely. I wear this and often feel a lot more confident. I also feel like it doesn't emphasize pores, but it's quite easy to make it look cakey. I prefer using a brush to apply it and then going over that with a sponge just to give me the most coverage.

On the other hand, this is horrible at controlling my oils. I have very oily skin and I live in an extremely hot and humid climate where sweating ensues within seconds of stepping outside of my car. This foundation actually makes me look sweaty within minutes after putting it on in an air-conditioned room. It also rubs off on everything and anything. RIP to all my white shirts' collars because they're now the colour of my foundation. It creases horribly in my smile line area but I barely have smile lines? I just do not like this foundation on myself. I kept buying it because it did the trick. I now have found better options and do not thing I will ever repurchase it,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A super-helpful SA at Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, London - UK told me this is the UK's best-selling foundation and it was precisely at that point I decided I just had to try it for myself! She tried a few different shades on me and in the end settled on giving me a sample of this in 3W1.5 (Fawn). I applied it eagerly the next morning in place of my CC cream. Well...it stayed put throughout the day. By the time I got back in that evening it was 9pm and other than a touch of shine on my t-zone (nothing that a few blotting papers couldn't sort out) I was happy to see the foundation hadn't settled into my pores or accentuated any fine lines.

The coverage is buildable and somewhere in the 'medium' category. It didn't transfer onto any of the many clothes I tried on whilst out shopping and if it had an SPF higher than 10 this would be amongst one of my favorite foundations. I did find the tone slightly light for my skin tone with a noticeable beige undertone, however it wasn't too far off and if given more time I'm sure the SA would have been able to find a precise match for me.

To put it to the test I kept what was left in my sample tube and tried it for a day in the real deal (Miami in mid-summer). Again it did not budge or transfer. The shine did increase - and not just nose, but the rest of my face too. But to be fair it wasn't a huge issue and I've yet to find a foundation that isn't gong to do that when the heat and humidity is turned up to full blast.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I really really want to give this product 5*. I’ve been wearing this for 2 years and absolutely love the formula, it’s long lasting and doesn’t need much touching up during the day.

The problem I have is my skin is fair and is hard to colour match. I have tried Ecru, Cool vanilla, pebble and petal.

Petal was just too pink in my opinion for my skin tone after using a bottle. I then got matched with Ivory Nude which is a neutral tone which I thought would be better as it wouldn’t be pink or too yellowy but even that was too yellow. The perfect shade would be a mix of the two but as it is an expensive foundation it isn’t very practical to own both and mix.

For me this foundation isn’t practical but if you find your perfect colour match then this will be your go to.

NB: my foundation pump broke within 2 weeks don’t know if mine was just faulty or they are cheaply made, it was not ideal

on 8/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE Estee Lauder makeup and it's foundations is definitely my HG.
I use this product on a daily basis and it'S Non-transfer all day wear!!
I have used for years, I tried many different things but always come back to this makeup!

on 8/11/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Full coverage, matte, lasts ALL day. It's perfect. Flashback is awful with this foundation though, that's the only negative.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Honestly never found a better foundation than this one. I've repurchased this product SO many times. It literally stays on all day, has a high coverage and doesn't transfer onto clothes. Really good color range as well. At the end of the day your makeup looks even better then when you first apply it in the morning. I have sensitive skin but this foundation NEVER breaks me out. It dries up very fast, so you have to apply it quickly.

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

on 8/7/2018 1:24:00 AM

Non-transfer all day wear. I mix 2N and 4N for the right color. I have used for years, have tried many different things but always come back to this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

on 7/28/2018 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best liquid foundation on this planet!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Estee Lauder and this foundations is definitely my HG.
Conceals all imperfections as the texture is pretty thick. Lasts not hours but DAYS.
I use this product on a daily basis, Sigma F80 brush really helps to blend foundation evenly. However, have to work quickly as product dries up very fast and might leave streaks if not blended quickly.
Pricey but worth every penny!!!