Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 12/17/2016 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great full coverage for those who are suffering with acne scars, but I hate that it broke me out every time after i used it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

on 10/18/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I bought this a few months ago and have used it a couple of times. It just gets cakey on my face. I do have occasional acne breakouts and this makes it super gross, and very obvious. I tried it with and without primer and it does give a nice finish for maybe the first hour then it simply does not work. I remember wearing this on a day when I knew I had a bowling after a long meeting day. And when I was done with bowling I was bloody horrified by how my face looked. I never felt this way about any foundation before. I applied it with a beauty blender and did not try with a foundation brush. I may have used the wrong technique but I would not repurchase.
As for the packaging, it should have a pump. It is easy to pour too much and waste product.

on 9/3/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation because i wanted another "high end" option. Currently i use Nars All Day Luminous and love it but you can't just have one foundation ladies, right?

I bought this in Bronze (i believe it's 5W2?) because of all the hype and positive reviews and I'll be honest, though, I returned it to Sephora after just one wear. It was a reluctant return. I actually really liked it and the shade matched me beautifully and perfectly. The only downsides were the fact there was no pump (but that can be fixed by switching it to an airless pump container or buying the Mac pump for it) and the white cast flash back. The latter is why i returned it. While i didn't buy this for every day wear i have to take in the fact that when i do a full face on special occasions, im usually taking pictures. This is a no no if my foundation is giving me a flash back white cast.

The coverage is medium but buildable, however, if you aren't careful it can look caked on. shade range is really, really good especially for WOC like myself. It does give you a lovely, flawless finish so i can't say i hate it. I wish I'd known it had SPF 10 in it before i purchased. I don't need my foundation to have that. If they had the same formula with medium to full coverage with no SPF I'd definitely try that out.

on 8/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product Is chalky on my skin, doesn't blend in good and made my skin look horrible. A waste of money and a major let down.

Color: 5W1 Bronze

This is by far one of the most versatile full coverage foundations on the market. You can wear it as a medium coverage or build it to full coverage. You can apply it with any brush or beauty blender, although it goes on my face best when I use my fingers. I do find that I need to blot once or twice during the day in my naturally oily TZone area. Other than that the only thing that could be better about this product is the packaging. I ended up getting a shade darker because Sephora was sold out of my exact tone and I still loved it. Because they have so many shades, going one up or down doesn't make a huge difference depending on your color.

Pros:
Variety of shades
Buildable
Doesn't transfer on contact (sheets, clothes, etc)
Looks good on it's own
Good price

Cons:
Very liquidy with no pump (spills easily)
Some blotting needed throughout the day
Some people say it causes breakouts (not experienced by me)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never write reviews yet I think this foundation deserves to be my first. I use the shade Toasty Toffee and I would say this is my holly grail - it is one of the very few foundations that come in warm yellow tones and matches my brown Indian skin tone perfectly (which sadly, many makeup companies don't offer - why???). It evens out my skin tone and hides all the blemishes in just one coat (so it is worth every penny).

A little foundation goes a long way - like just one thin coat can do the trick and will last ALL DAY LONG! I have a combination skin with my T-zone being extremely oily. But it is currently the only foundation I have come across that keeps the oil in control (with maybe a slight healthy glow after 6 hours?!?!) You may need to blot it after 6 hours - but it doesn't get transferred on the paper and keeps you prim and proper and ready to go.
I initially disliked that there was no pump but quickly realized that it gives me more control on the amount I use - rather than using up everything that came out, I can put the excess back in the bottle rather than on my face.

I will say that there is a way to apply this - I have large acne pores on my cheek and this foundation did highlight them in a very uncomfortable way (maybe because it just becomes part of your skin on application??). However, I quickly found a work around - if you have large pores - you ABSOLUTELY have to use a pore-filling PRIMER with this foundation. I use Loreal Base Magic primer and that does the trick (you don't really have to worry about getting oily because this foundation has amazing oil absorption power!). But you can try any other pore-filling primer that you like.

Also, some say you have to work fast with this foundation as it tends to dry quickly. I dont know about that because I apply it with a damp beauty blender and it gives a perfect airbrushed finish! Because it is very thick, I am not sure if applying this by fingers would be a good idea either.

I would have given it 4 stars but if after following these simple application techniques, I would give it a 5 because of the long-lasting effect, oil control and warm yellow shade match - a combo of which is so RARE to find!!

on 5/31/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hesitated to buy this for so long because of the price, but it's definitely a good investment for special occasions. The coverage is amazing, the color range is great, and it photographs really well. I mainly bought this for prom because my skin broke out all over just months before. I couldn't be happier with my prom pictures- my skin looks airbrushed! Wearing the foundation doesn't feel TOO heavy, & even if it does it's okay because at least you know it will. not. move. It did not break me out or irritate my acne.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was a little disappointed with this one.

because I seem to be the only one who is not wowed by this foundation. It definitely does have staying power but I feel that it is really heavy and feels almost glue like on my skin, it also has a weird fragrance that I personally dislike. I say if that's not an issue for you then go for it. I will finish the bottle that I bought because it's not awful it's just a bit too heavy for daily use.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is just a wonderful foundation. Only con is there is no pump. I wear Bronze 5w1 (NC44/45)and when i tan Rich Caramel 5w2 (Matchmaster 7.0).

Spreads and blends wonderfully. Dries down semi matte. Long wearing. Does not oxidise very much at all even without primer. You definitely wont look orange with this. I have oily /combination, acne prone, sensitive skin and on a cool day there is no need for powder even in the t zone area and I cant contribute this to the occasional breakout in anyway.

Definitely a full coverage foundation even for those with problem skin and if youve got reasonably clear skin you just want to even out you won't need concealer for a casual evening out, shopping run or going to the office.

Lately I've taken to adding a drop or two of my almond or bio oil to it then blending for a more luminous finish.

Only good things to say about this foundation! I love this even more than my Mac Studio Fix and that is saying a lot!