Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation everyday for about 6 months (minus some weekends) and I don't need any other. I have yet to find another full coverage foundation that doesn't look masky/heavy. This just works. No matter if I use a brush or beautyblender lighter coverage.

Price: $42. So yeah. It's not as expensive as some "luxury brands" but still on the high end. But I think they're worth it honestly.

Coverage: It's Med to Full Coverage depending on what you're trying to cover and what technique you're using. I've got some hyperpigmentation which is fading and it does a good job of covering but if it doesn't that's what concealer is for.

Shades: Has a pretty impressive shade range. Color matching is where you might run into some difficulty. I've been matched horribly by a sales associate with Rich Ginger. Uh...I looked like Casper.
Their machine matched me with Amber Honey 5N2 one of their neutral shades. It still has a slight reddish undertone (I'm yellow) but it was the closest I was going to get to this highly coveted foundation and it was doable.
I mixed my Mufe custom drops in yellow to make it less red. Now just recently Estee Lauder released some in between shades and I am happy to report that Cinnamon 5w1.5 is dang near perfect. I mix it with my Amber honey. Hello Perfection. I don't know how to swing the cost of both but ya girl will figure something out.

Wear Time: Surprisingly as advertised although most times I do wear a setting spray and tend to powder my tzone ALWAYS when I'm going out. So that does effect wear for us oily girls. I tend to get a bit drier in winter but haven't had any issues. Also doesn't transfer.

Texture: Seems kind of runny when you pour it or use your finger to place over the top and dispense it that way like they recommend. A little goes along way. I usually stipple mine on for more coverage. You can buy a separate pump for the jar if that bothers you. Personally I worry how pumping air into it will effect the product.

So major pros are that it does what it claims. I have yet to experience any foundation that gives me this kind of coverage without feeling heavy or looking masky. It's buildable. They are slowly but surely increasing the in between shades.
Cons would be price if you're on a budget. I can't think of any dupes. This is NOT the same as Smashbox studio Fix. I don't know why people keep saying that. That foundation was horrible for me.
If you fall into the very fair to the in between brown and dark shades you might have some trouble finding ONE shade that works.
I would recommend getting a sample. Wear it outside. Try the machine and matching yourself. Purchase from a department store with a friendly return policy.

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

on 11/6/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation! A little goes a very long way. My skin looks absolutely flawless after. It also wears so well. I have gone to festivals mid summer when the temperatures are in the high 90s and been outside for hours, looked in the mirror, and been shocked by how good my skin still looks. It’s amazing. It can feel a little tacky at times, but setting it with a foundation is all it needs. It’s such a great foundation. You can wear it light or layer it. Dries semi matte. I love it.

on 5/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Great foundation. Theres a bit of a learning curve to get over when first using it. Silicon primer does very well underneath (dont use water based) and if you have a great skin care routine with great skin its even easier to the point you can apply it with your fingers and it looks perfect. Otherwise applying with a flat top foundation brush (ive used IT cosmetics brand) has also produced amazing results as well.
It lasts all day 12 hours +
Theres no oxidation
Ive swam in the ocean and its held up fine
Nice medium to almost full coverage (many tout it can be used to spot conceal but i dont find that it does that very well)
Great range of shades

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this foundation I was matched in sephora however the color match oxidised and at the end of my 8 hrs shift I look like the anoying orange so I remached myself several shades apart with my warm neutral undertones it's gives me full coverage first I must say I have oily skin ,it's one of my HG, I gives good coverage last well over 8 hrs and does not give a mask effect on the face.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

on 12/17/2016 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great full coverage for those who are suffering with acne scars, but I hate that it broke me out every time after i used it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!