Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Dark age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

i love the finish of this foundation for oily/combo skin this is amazing as it dries to a matte but not dry looking finish and has a great staying power it also photographs quite nicely. HOWEVER, unfortunately my skin doesnt like this foundation it broke me out, could be the new formula but its money wasted for me

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
Update 8-4-17: I have switched to the shade 5N1 Rich Ginger which is a bit less orange on me!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.

on 3/15/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a greaat foundation for oily skin. The pros are : It doesnt transfer, it's truly lasts on the skin, i'm sure even longer than the 15hours it claims. it is full coverage so it will cover EVERYTHING !! If you like natural looking foundations, you might want to pass on this one. The only thing i dislike about this foundation is the fact it doesnt come with a pump. It's really liquidy so it's not difficult to get it out but for the price, i feel like a pump is a must have.

on 4/19/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

i don't know how to feel about this product, its lightweight, i can't feel it on my face, last a really long time. The first week i got it, i wore it once for about 10hrs to school and am in Taipei its super humid here and am oily so i was impressed, and it didn't break me out. tillll... i take a photo in my room with flash...i looked like ghost, i don't understand, the color in person and i natural lighting is greatttt, so i don't think i will be wearing it out at night because of that but am definitely gonna finish this bottle (shade 6N1) and try the darkest shade (6C2). bottom line i will repurchase if the next shade does not leave me ghost faced.

UPDATE:
so i got the next shade up (6C2 rich mahogany), which is no longer the darkest shade because they have added a couple of darker shades, YESSS!!! but i love the shade am in now, perfect match. plus i have had the new bottle for over a year and am still not out, though i don't wear it everyday and i still have a bit of the (6N1) shade that i use for highlight now. Its the foundation i wear on special occasions and did i mention no flash back ghost face anymore.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation

on 3/17/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is probably the best foundation I have ever tried. It is full-coverage without looking cakey. It dries to a super matte finish, which I definitely need because I have oily skin. However, if you have dry skin, I am not sure if this would be very comfortable to wear. I have been wearing this foundation for a few months now, and I wish I would have tried it earlier, because I enjoy it that much. The expensive price tag ($38) is what prevented me from trying it for so long. I would have liked for it to have come with a pump, since I spent so much money. Regardless, I would still repurchase this because a little product goes a very long way. Also, I have yet to try another foundation that looks as flawless as this one, and prevents my face from getting shiny throughout the day.