Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. I have dark skin with different shades of brown and I find that this foundation from Estee Lauder covers my face up perfectly! I also have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin and I never have any problems using this foundation. I've tried other brands and even tried make-up specifically for "acne-prone" skin and have had problems with them.

I also love it because they offer dark shade that blends my face smoothly without leaving a white, ashy, or redish tone like other made-up. You know which ones I'm taking about...

It is expensive, but it's so worth it! Plus if I think about the amount of foundations I use to buy in search of the "right" one, this is cheaper for sure.

Oh, p.s. did I mention that it stay on for the whole day? And it doesn't rub off on your clothes?

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.

on 10/10/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wear this in Rich Cocoa and it is everything I could ever want in a foundation and more. I didn't want to like it anymore. After they changed the formula I was horrified. But my old bottles were used up and I just took the plunge. I still love Estée Lauder for giving us Double Wear. For an oily she-beast, this wears so well. I mean your oiliness will look like a glow. And when you blot, only oil comes off, not foundation. I love that this smells like paint. As I have said in previous reviews, I love makeup and I do not go in wanting to look like I have no makeup on. That being said, this applies well with beauty blenders and brushes alike. I prefer using a brush because it takes less time. This covers beautifully and locks into place, never budging or smudging. Top this up with the corresponding concealer from this line and you have one face that is beat to the heavens. I also love how hard it is to take this off. I use an oil many times because a makeup remover just won't do. This is my soul mate in foundation form. I swear I will always have this in my stash.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I reviewed this a few years ago and stopped using it since as the need for full coverage did not arise. Recently i have been battling post pregnancy acne and blackheads eek. I have had cauterize treatments done to remove this deep rooted blackheads which in turn leaves black spots, i look dreadful i was so depressed. My derm recommended this foundation and since i had already tried it i was pretty keen. The SA was very helpful and showed me how to apply it perfectly with a brush and sponge to blend out. OMG amazing!!!!!! you cant see traces of the black spots! it lasts all day and barely any transfer. I cant express how this has improved my mood im happy because my face looks presentable. The price is very high but i dont mind paying for such a phenomenal product. I had to use the DW concealer on the dark marks and its a tad too dark i wish they had more colours..i put a little foundation over concealer and bam perfect face hehe. The concealer is amazing as well does not rub off or look cakey. The trick to this foundation is a very light had and work quickly!

on 7/28/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've watched and read tons of reviews, before purchasing the double wear foundation. So I was convinced that this would be my HG product. The shade (Sandalwood) was okay, maybe a bit too neutral for my liking. I tried my best to like it, but it just didn't work for me. I have bumps all over my jawline now (double cleansed my face at night). I came to the conclusion, that my skin reacts bad to products of the Estee Lauder brand..Clinique, MAC :( they all tend to break me out!
I will not use this foundation anymore </3
Still searching for my holy grail foundation..

on 6/5/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wear this in sandalwood...I love this this foundation because it does give full coverage on dark acne spots. This stays on all day and doesn't cake or transfer which is awesome. I set this with a mac care blend pressed powder or estee lauder double wear powder.

Unfortunately this product broke me out so badly! I tried to change my face cleansing routine as I thought I wasn't cleansing my face thoroughly but it didn't make a difference. Previously I stopped using this and my face cleared up then I found started using the product again and it broke me out yet again. I am now focusing on clearing my skin and have stopped using this product.

on 3/17/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is probably the best foundation I have ever tried. It is full-coverage without looking cakey. It dries to a super matte finish, which I definitely need because I have oily skin. However, if you have dry skin, I am not sure if this would be very comfortable to wear. I have been wearing this foundation for a few months now, and I wish I would have tried it earlier, because I enjoy it that much. The expensive price tag ($38) is what prevented me from trying it for so long. I would have liked for it to have come with a pump, since I spent so much money. Regardless, I would still repurchase this because a little product goes a very long way. Also, I have yet to try another foundation that looks as flawless as this one, and prevents my face from getting shiny throughout the day.

on 3/15/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a greaat foundation for oily skin. The pros are : It doesnt transfer, it's truly lasts on the skin, i'm sure even longer than the 15hours it claims. it is full coverage so it will cover EVERYTHING !! If you like natural looking foundations, you might want to pass on this one. The only thing i dislike about this foundation is the fact it doesnt come with a pump. It's really liquidy so it's not difficult to get it out but for the price, i feel like a pump is a must have.

on 12/28/2015 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I discovered this foundation in May 2015 and I am currently on my 4th bottle. I love and live in this foundation. I have a love hate relationship with it because it's so perfect. I never had such a perfect match (Sandalwood). In the beginning I had hard time matching my shade and initially gave up but something told me to just try sandalwood and it was a winner. The color does not oxidize at all. And I can wear this one shade all year long, which is unheard of. It is full coverage. I have heavy acne scars and this builds up beautifully cover them completely. It doesn't break me out at all. This foundation also lives up to its name and keeps my face 75% matte all day. I say 75% because I live in central Florida and even in the middle of the summer my face was for the most part matte all day. No need to set it with a primer. I do spray it with smash box primer water or Mac fix plus and finish up with UD up all nighter setting spray. The price is ok too. Roughly 40$ at dept stores but... CCO stores sell it for 28$. The only gripe is the packaging. They need to include a pump. I go thru it too quickly. Also... I can't apply it with a brush. It just don't work for me. I need to use a wet sponge which I'm not a fan of because sponges are kinda gross. But that's for another review.