Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.3

on 8/11/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Full coverage, matte, lasts ALL day. It's perfect. Flashback is awful with this foundation though, that's the only negative.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

on 6/26/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If you wondering if you should but this LET ME just SAY BUY THIS!
It is the BEST foundation ever!! The coverage is amazing and lasts allll day... will defs buy it again once I run out :)
And the price is very decent as well!

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. I have oily/combination skin with yellow undertones and I find that this is the only foundation that matches me accurately. I used to be Sand, but now I use Cashew and both colors matched me really well depending on how dark I have gotten. I don't need to use a setting powder for this foundation, and if I do; maybe just on my nose area where I tend to be oiliest for days that I intend to wear it for more than 12 hours. This foundation does not need touch ups. Once it's on your skin, it's pretty much cemented there. It's a medium to full coverage foundation and building it up is fuzz free because it does't cake or create texture. I use the estee lauder foundation brush with this or for days where I don't need that much coverage, I just use the F55 by sigma for a quick seamless finish. What I do is pour a little on my foundation plate (I swear not even the size of a penny to cove my face.) then I dot that all over and start blending. I do use a primer for this which is the smash box photofinish primer which is also good. Then I top my nose off with Laura Mercier setting powder for really long days and I'm good to go.

Pros:
Longevity
Coverage
Shade Selection
No strong fragrance

Cons:
no pump
hard to remove

I swear, the only way to remove this is by using oil then a cleanser. Btw I live in a very humid and hot climate location right now and so far, this foundation cannot be replaced for me.

on 7/5/2016 1:31:00 AM

Beautiful formula that somehow doesn't move much from where I put it on my combination skin after a 10 hour work day. Would recommend to anyone like me who is tired of compromising on quality. I did not find the price too steep, possibly because I've spent $80+ on several foundations I ended up binning. Very impressed with this product, will try more from their range.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. My holy grail foundation that I always recommend to all my friends especially to those who have oily skin. I had very high expectations with this foundation and it definitely lived up to the hype. I have extremely oily skin and I accept that I always oil up no matter what foundation I use but this makes me oil the least and it really does stay all day long. If you're still on the fence on buying this product, stop and just buy it. Only con is that it doesn't come with a pump but MAC studio fix pump fits perfect :)

on 4/19/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combo (more oily) acne prone skin. This foundation has not broken me out and it lasts all day long! I blend with a damp beauty blender and it goes on nicely. I usually touch up mid day with my MUFE hd powder to get rid of the excess shine but it is better than re-applying mid day (like I used to).
I have discoloration from previous acne, and this covers up great and is buildable.
Being a longwear foundation, this is so hard to get off, so I make sure to double cleanse!
I use colour Cashew 3W2 , and I don't notice any oxidation either with colour.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WHY IS THERE NO PUMP? I always pour too much or too little, and it gets messy. So messy.
With that said, this is my new favorite foundation. I used the MAC Pro Longwear before because of its staying power but this is a close second. Granted, it doesn't finish as naturally as the Pro Longwear and you can definitely tell there's makeup on your face, but if applied correctly, it can look quite natural. It's a great foundation with amazing coverage. I barely use concealer now for all my hyperpigmentation and blemishes. I highly recommend this for people with medium to oily skin as it controls the oil like nothing I've ever seen. But I do notice it clings on to dry patches more so I don't think it will work well with dry or very dry skin.