Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.3

on 4/16/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

uch!!! I can't tell you how much I hate this product. In my opinion It's possibly the worst foundation I have tried. The coverage on is is good but I felt as if it made me look cakey, you can never touch up your foundation if you wanted to because it just goes patchy or like an off greysih colour, removing it was such a nightmare it literally wouldn't bugde.
My friend told me that in the foundation there is adhesive and according to her the same the ingredient as they put in concrete. (weather that is true or not, i dont know) but it put me off even more.
It left my skin really bad because of the thickness of the foundation my skin wasnt really breathing and i felt everytime i removed it with my daily skincare routine i still felt as if it wasnt 100% clean, i started to get spots and dry pacthes. so I ditched it straight away.
The bottle its self is a pain as you have to be careful you don't pour too much out, one thing I did like was the shades, i was tawny but that's the only good thing I could say about it.
this product just wasnt for me and i wont be purchasing it again and its a shame as i was looking forward to trying it.

on 10/28/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I tried this foundation, I wanted to love it but it was all wrong for me.
Usually I have oily skin but this foundation actually felt so dry on and dried my skin out.
I feel like you have to work with this foundation really quick because once it dries a bit and you try to put another layer on it just becomes a mess and comes off or looks cakey. I find it hard to blend around the nose, and I finally got it right one night, left the house, looked in a mirror and it was all streaky in places. The coverage is great and i can see how if you worked with one layer of this and blended it quickly it could look very natural, but this foundation is just to much work for me.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

on 4/8/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Think this gave me crazy blackheads. Didn't control oil and looked unnatural on my skin. Plus, it settling in my pores terribly. IDK maybe for a day where I'm only wearing it for a little bit it would be okay, but for everyday wear it's not that great. Plus it didn't even cover my acne scars which was surprising given the fact that this is constantly raved about for its coverage...

on 11/25/2014 12:03:00 PM

Although I love this foundation simply because of it's staying power and how nice it looks on the skin, I wouldn't say for me its an every day foundation because on my skin I find it quite thick and in all honesty when I saw how thick it looked when applied onto my hand to swatch it I was quite horrified at how thick the texture was because I usually like thin based foundations but I will say if you are looking for a foundation to cover up any blemishes/scars/acne then this foundation is the one for you! I don't reach for it as much because I have pretty good skin anyways but like I mentioned it would be for people who have problamatic skin just not for me.

on 12/8/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is very full coverage, great for a night out but not for everyday wear. It oxidizes a lot, so if you were to wear it throughout the day I would recommend going 1 or 2 shades lighter. I used it daily for a while and it definitely didn't do my skin any favours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.

on 2/7/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I truly have mixed feelings about this foundation. First off, my skin is extremely oily, very mild acne (since I'm on prescription acne medication), mildly sensitive and an olive skin tone (think Salma Hayek or Eva Longoria). I have tried every and any foundation you could possible imagine: Tarte, Mac, Lancôme, Smashbox, Bare Minerals and Inglot. My main concern is to control oil and maintain a matte finish throughout the day. Now I know that foundation isn't magic and our skin will get oily regardless but here are the pros and cons of Estée Lauders Double Wear.

Pros:
Keeps your skin matte
Great coverage
Price is affordable (compare to $50+ foundations)
Does not break me out

Cons:
Foundations begins to separate and look like its cracked on my T-zone after a few hours
Colors are absolutely horrible for people with olive skin tone (yellow undertone) Any and every color I use is too pink/rosy
Need to mix two foundations for a good match
Hard to blend
Bottle is glass and doesn't have a pump

All in all the foundation does keep me matte and the coverage is great. Whether or not having a different colored face compare to my neck is worth it and it separating, I'm not entirely sure.

on 3/30/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For context- I have oily combination olive skin which is patchy/uneven-toned and prone to occasional breakouts. I've tried a lot of liquid foundations (most Chanel, MAC Studio Fix, Lancome, NARS Sheer and Matte, Sunday Riley, Hourglass, Armani Luminous Silk, etc) and some powder formulations.

I was looking for a medium coverage foundation that wouldn't melt off after an hour but was also pretty easy to apply and didn't cling to dry patches. This is a very thick liquid foundation which I have tried applying with a damp BB sponge, an EL paddle brush, and also mixed with moisturiser. It's basically very fast drying and thick, so it's hard to blend.

Coverage is great, as is the colour match (I'm Ivory Beige), but it does cling to dry patches (even though I thoroughly moisturise) and cakes on if you're not careful. I'd say it's a good one for night time since it won't move and keeps oil at bay for a good amount of time, but not a nice every day foundation. Will go back to my Chanel Aqua Vita Lumiere until I find something better.

on 10/13/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

*UPDATE* January 2015: This foundation causes clogged pores! I wanted to love it. I really wanted to keep using it but I've ruled out everything else and ever since discontinuing the use of this foundation, my face is finally clearing up. I didn't realize I was breaking out since I'm on a strong antibiotic for acne so the new pimples on my face don't last long and they go away really quickly. However, I did notice I had TONS of clogged pores after about a week of use of this foundation. I had clogged pores all over my forehead -- somewhere I NEVER break out. I haven't had a pimple on my forehead in years!!! I tried to rule out everything other than this foundation because I loved the finish it gave me, the longevity, the shade match, and everything I ever wanted in a foundation but unfortunately something in this product breaks me out. My face is still recovering from the clogged pores it gave me, they're only coming to a head now-- about a month after they got clogged. It's honestly such a disappointment because I love this foundation so much but I can't keep using it. Thank God my hyper-pigmentation is fading so I don't need to use such a full-coverage foundation but even so, I loved the finish this foundation gave... Ugh. Just a warning for any extremely acne-prone ladies out there!