Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a very nice foundation, the shades are good but there is always room for improvement. I suspected after watching some you tube reviewers and research that I was probably between cashew and 2w2, I think Rattan? they are both nice shades I can see being able to wear cashew (3w2) alone if I got a deeper tan in the summer and also alone on my forehead now, but as far as the rest of my face its just a tad dark, but 2w2 Rattan is a tad light and not enough warmth in it. I am a medium deep golden-olive shade shade and need a foundation that is yellow enough, dark enough and just a tad of warmth, and while I really don't actually need another foundation I will be purchasing both because I am used to the reality of having to mix foundations in-order to get my perfect shade (I am very picky about shade much more the formula actually). As far as long wear in a regular day it lasted fine in the dry Colorado summer but also didn't apply so much (I used a damp beauty blender) I set with my Urban Decay Naked Ultra skin loose powder in medium deep, I can see you can build this up easily but I prefer my skin to show through, I don;t have issues with texture really although my skin can be a bit dry, if that is the case for you I recommend you use a moisturizing primer before hand. For reference my skin tone I wear foundation colors : maybelline fit me dewy and Smooth shade 220, BB stick foundation 4.0 and 4.75 on the forehead, Nars all Day Luminous in Stromboli, L'oreal True Match in Shade w4 powder and foundation, MUFE HD Ultra in shade y345, Touche Eclate Foundation in shade Bd50 with a drop of yellow corrector added) LA girl HD foundation in warm beige. Hope that helps if your in the same shade range as me

on 8/10/2017 11:25:00 PM

The "big guns" of foundation- not for amateur makeup wearers!! Awesome full coverage (hides blemishes and scars), lasts all day and is a great buildable foundation! It may be too heavy for those who hate the feeling of wearing foundation or those who want a more natural look. I wear it all year round but some may also think it's too heavy for the summer. With that being said, it's not extremely easy to remove- lots of face wipes plus face wash. It dries matte which is great for those who dislike a dewey finish, buffs in easily and evenly and doesn't streak. It is a bit expensive though-but well worth the money! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

on 6/26/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If you wondering if you should but this LET ME just SAY BUY THIS!
It is the BEST foundation ever!! The coverage is amazing and lasts allll day... will defs buy it again once I run out :)
And the price is very decent as well!

on 6/18/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this foundation in high school when my skin was oily and needed extra coverage. It was perfect and so easy, because I never had to set it with powder, and yet it still stayed all through the school day and kept my skin from getting shiny. The only reason I've moved on from it is that I prefer something a lot lighter now and my skin is no longer oily.

But for younger girls that need extra coverage or have spots, this is the best! I still use it occasionally when I want the higher coverage.

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/14/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you are going to have a long day and you want your make-up to last all day, this is the go to foundation. I have very oily skin and this foundation is great for my skin type. Shade matching can be challenging but once you found the right one you won't be disappointed. I am MAC C3 or C3.5 (Summer) and my shade is 2W1 Dawn. Only downside is no pump, so it can get messy but like some others have matched MAC has a pump that fits this ELDW bottle.

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard