Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/14/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you are going to have a long day and you want your make-up to last all day, this is the go to foundation. I have very oily skin and this foundation is great for my skin type. Shade matching can be challenging but once you found the right one you won't be disappointed. I am MAC C3 or C3.5 (Summer) and my shade is 2W1 Dawn. Only downside is no pump, so it can get messy but like some others have matched MAC has a pump that fits this ELDW bottle.

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is pretty amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to try. First of all, I have a lot of "needs" : I have combination skin which is dry but also acne prone, I have freckles, hyper pigmentation, some wrinkles and I couldn't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face before and didn't like transfer of makeup on clothes . I also work full time 8 hour days and have kids, so I'm constantly on the go and don't have time to reapply during lunch etc. I was noticing the last few years that during lunch, my makeup looked worn off :/ I finally decided to try this foundation out since I heard such great things. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, sets pretty quickly and covers medium and is build able but somehow it doesn't feel or look heavy? It brightens my skin tone and makes it look softer and more even, but somehow looks natural as well. Best of all, it lasts all day! People were not kidding- even after a long 10 hour work day, or my whole day at Disneyland with the kids, even when I went to wash it off at 10:00 at night it looked great! It also photographed great as well! Last, it didn't break me out at all. This is a HG foundation for me

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this foundation. I felt it on all day and it made my pores and texture look worse. It also made me breakout, even though I took off properly. Or did I? I mean, it would probably be better to use an oil makeup remover with such a resilient foundation, however whenever I try one of those my skin breaks out. The packaging looks ok but the lack of a pump makes considerable waste a true possibility. On the positive side, it lasted better than any other foundation I have ever used and covered everything without looking too caked on. Also, the return policy of the UK official website is impeccable.

I can see why so many people love this and admittedly I have difficult skin at the moment, combination bu dehydrated, some textural issues and large pores... Along with dryness from using treatments on my chin... Also, I cannot use balm cleansers or anything like that so this foundation can be a challenge for me to remove. It would probably suit people with oily skin who don't have textural issues and like a made up look rather than a 'no makeup' look.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. I have oily/combination skin with yellow undertones and I find that this is the only foundation that matches me accurately. I used to be Sand, but now I use Cashew and both colors matched me really well depending on how dark I have gotten. I don't need to use a setting powder for this foundation, and if I do; maybe just on my nose area where I tend to be oiliest for days that I intend to wear it for more than 12 hours. This foundation does not need touch ups. Once it's on your skin, it's pretty much cemented there. It's a medium to full coverage foundation and building it up is fuzz free because it does't cake or create texture. I use the estee lauder foundation brush with this or for days where I don't need that much coverage, I just use the F55 by sigma for a quick seamless finish. What I do is pour a little on my foundation plate (I swear not even the size of a penny to cove my face.) then I dot that all over and start blending. I do use a primer for this which is the smash box photofinish primer which is also good. Then I top my nose off with Laura Mercier setting powder for really long days and I'm good to go.

Pros:
Longevity
Coverage
Shade Selection
No strong fragrance

Cons:
no pump
hard to remove

I swear, the only way to remove this is by using oil then a cleanser. Btw I live in a very humid and hot climate location right now and so far, this foundation cannot be replaced for me.

on 8/24/2016 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wished that I had gotten on the Double Wear train long ago. Long ago. It is far better for my oily skin than any other foundation I've tried - many of which have been more expensive. I'm a commuter, and usually by the time I hit my office I am already in need of some serious oil blotting...but not with this foundation. It stays put and keeps the shine away without making my face look like a stiff matte mask. Coverage is easily buildable, but (again) without a heavy feeling. The shade selection also works for me. My only critique is that I wish this product came with a pump. Other than that...perfection!!!