Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is pretty amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to try. First of all, I have a lot of "needs" : I have combination skin which is dry but also acne prone, I have freckles, hyper pigmentation, some wrinkles and I couldn't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face before and didn't like transfer of makeup on clothes . I also work full time 8 hour days and have kids, so I'm constantly on the go and don't have time to reapply during lunch etc. I was noticing the last few years that during lunch, my makeup looked worn off :/ I finally decided to try this foundation out since I heard such great things. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, sets pretty quickly and covers medium and is build able but somehow it doesn't feel or look heavy? It brightens my skin tone and makes it look softer and more even, but somehow looks natural as well. Best of all, it lasts all day! People were not kidding- even after a long 10 hour work day, or my whole day at Disneyland with the kids, even when I went to wash it off at 10:00 at night it looked great! It also photographed great as well! Last, it didn't break me out at all. This is a HG foundation for me

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this foundation. I felt it on all day and it made my pores and texture look worse. It also made me breakout, even though I took off properly. Or did I? I mean, it would probably be better to use an oil makeup remover with such a resilient foundation, however whenever I try one of those my skin breaks out. The packaging looks ok but the lack of a pump makes considerable waste a true possibility. On the positive side, it lasted better than any other foundation I have ever used and covered everything without looking too caked on. Also, the return policy of the UK official website is impeccable.

I can see why so many people love this and admittedly I have difficult skin at the moment, combination bu dehydrated, some textural issues and large pores... Along with dryness from using treatments on my chin... Also, I cannot use balm cleansers or anything like that so this foundation can be a challenge for me to remove. It would probably suit people with oily skin who don't have textural issues and like a made up look rather than a 'no makeup' look.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. I have oily/combination skin with yellow undertones and I find that this is the only foundation that matches me accurately. I used to be Sand, but now I use Cashew and both colors matched me really well depending on how dark I have gotten. I don't need to use a setting powder for this foundation, and if I do; maybe just on my nose area where I tend to be oiliest for days that I intend to wear it for more than 12 hours. This foundation does not need touch ups. Once it's on your skin, it's pretty much cemented there. It's a medium to full coverage foundation and building it up is fuzz free because it does't cake or create texture. I use the estee lauder foundation brush with this or for days where I don't need that much coverage, I just use the F55 by sigma for a quick seamless finish. What I do is pour a little on my foundation plate (I swear not even the size of a penny to cove my face.) then I dot that all over and start blending. I do use a primer for this which is the smash box photofinish primer which is also good. Then I top my nose off with Laura Mercier setting powder for really long days and I'm good to go.

Pros:
Longevity
Coverage
Shade Selection
No strong fragrance

Cons:
no pump
hard to remove

I swear, the only way to remove this is by using oil then a cleanser. Btw I live in a very humid and hot climate location right now and so far, this foundation cannot be replaced for me.

on 8/24/2016 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wished that I had gotten on the Double Wear train long ago. Long ago. It is far better for my oily skin than any other foundation I've tried - many of which have been more expensive. I'm a commuter, and usually by the time I hit my office I am already in need of some serious oil blotting...but not with this foundation. It stays put and keeps the shine away without making my face look like a stiff matte mask. Coverage is easily buildable, but (again) without a heavy feeling. The shade selection also works for me. My only critique is that I wish this product came with a pump. Other than that...perfection!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After my not so good experience with Dior Nude I decided to buy double wear the second time,the first time I bought it in Desert beige and it was pale for me so this time I bought it in Rattan and Woooooow this is supeeeeerp,Im in love with this foundation,great staying power,sweat resistant and look natural
you have to be carefull about choosing the right shade ,Im NC25 and Rattan is great for me

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this in tawny last week it was great until the foundation would not stick to my nose! Primer,moisturiser nothing would get this to stick I actually was rather baffled as I never had this issue before. I think it may be the powdery Base of the foundation but on other parts of my face the foundation looked flawless. I may try a sponge and see how we go. The bottle is a bit tricky if your heavy handed like me as you will pour half the bottle if your not careful as there is no pump do be mindful. The price is standard but caking and sticking to my nose upon application? That's a no go!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product was recommended to me as something that would stay on forever, and I'm so glad I invested in it because it's so worth it! The colour range is excellent, the packaging is sleek but sensible (although no pump, you have to pour) and the coverage is incredible! I wear this on stage and it looks flawless, with the added advantage on staying all day without feeling to cakey! The foundation also blends really smoothly, and doesn't smell! I would absolutely recommend to anyone!