Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

on 6/26/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If you wondering if you should but this LET ME just SAY BUY THIS!
It is the BEST foundation ever!! The coverage is amazing and lasts allll day... will defs buy it again once I run out :)
And the price is very decent as well!

on 6/18/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this foundation in high school when my skin was oily and needed extra coverage. It was perfect and so easy, because I never had to set it with powder, and yet it still stayed all through the school day and kept my skin from getting shiny. The only reason I've moved on from it is that I prefer something a lot lighter now and my skin is no longer oily.

But for younger girls that need extra coverage or have spots, this is the best! I still use it occasionally when I want the higher coverage.

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/14/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you are going to have a long day and you want your make-up to last all day, this is the go to foundation. I have very oily skin and this foundation is great for my skin type. Shade matching can be challenging but once you found the right one you won't be disappointed. I am MAC C3 or C3.5 (Summer) and my shade is 2W1 Dawn. Only downside is no pump, so it can get messy but like some others have matched MAC has a pump that fits this ELDW bottle.

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.