Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Superheavy and sticky. I don't mind to spend a more money for makeup, but it does have to work properly!

on 1/31/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

on 8/12/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly terrible for my skin, one wear and i broke out SO bad. I bought this because it said non-comedogenic hoping it wouldn't clog my pores, i don't know if it did or didn't do that. But upon removing it i had red pimples all under my skin, and right after i had just cleared it up too :(. I also didn't build it up very much for the sake of letting my skin breathe, now i'm glad i didn't build it up.

on 6/12/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation!! This is one of my HG all time favorite foundations! I always come back to this one after experimenting with other foundations.

Pros:
Oil free
Long wearing
Sweat proof (it stayed on after an intense work out)
Mattifying
Full coverage

Cons:
Can look a bit cakey

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a 5/5, because it does what it claims. I can NOT wear this whatsoever in the winter time, when I need something like MUFE face and body or Armani Maestro Glow (the one that's mostly oil based.). However, ladies if you are looking for a foundation that will not budge on humid summer days - and nights ;) - then this is it. My skin is dry, but I use Argan Oil every single morning so it doesn't dry me out in the summer. It almost feels like a clay mask when applying but my face feels like I'm wearing nothing once it dries. I noticed how light this felt in contrast to other foundations after applying a MAC full coverage foundation the next day, where I could literally feel my makeup trying to slip off.

And the rumors are true, this foundation does make skin appear airbrushed. I use 4c but I need to buy one cool shade lighter to mix for the right shade when i'm less tan. Worth it. But again, this is a summer staple for this dry skinned gal, unfortunately, and it is so drying in the winter on my skin.

on 11/23/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First order of business: this foundation is very matte, and so it For Sure needs to be used sparingly and always, always with a damp beauty blender!
I bought into all the hype and have been using it for a few months now, so I think I can fairly say that overtop of well-moisturized/primed skin it looks perfectly matte and flawless (and on that note, cream/liquid blush is key for this level of matte-ness). That being said, it's easy to mess up, meaning it will look cakey, weirdly obvious and matte (like a clay mask) and just... not what you want.

It definitely is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used, for example I had to carefully change into a white turtleneck after I did my makeup last week and there was almost no transfer (!?!). I never cared that much about staying-power in my youth, but as I'm in my 30s now and I have a million things to do in a day, I don't want to worry about my makeup failing me. I don't want to be checking mirrors all day - I wanna know my face looks as good as it did when left my house. With Double-wear, at the end of the day my makeup is still set.
When I don't want to feel like I'm wearing too much makeup (bc you can feel it on your skin, it's not one of those weightless foundations, especially if your skin isn't well moisturized, it can feel tight) or worry about making a mistake, I switch to my Fit Me matte and poreless, but, again, it's not as long-lasting.
Colour-wise I can see what people are annoyed about, as it does have a yellowish undertone. I always have some yellow that I combat so I just mix a bit of lavender corrector in and it's not a problem.
Lastly, I was playing around once with a Luminous primer underneath (Laura Mercier) and later when I checked my make-up it was a disaster. The Marc Jacobs primer is perfect.
All in all it's a fussy foundation but I kind of like the process, so it'll be a keeper for the foreseeable future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation looks beautiful on the skin. I am very oily and this foundation did wonders, it stayed in place and it didn't oxidize. It is very thick but it blends out very nice and does not look cakey at all. Unfortunately it broke me out horribly mind you, I do not have sensitive skin and no other foundation had broke me out like this. I loved everything else about it so I kept trying to give it another chance, I would stop using it to let my face recover but as soon as I used it again it broke me out. I do recommend it because it's an amazing foundation if it doesn't brake you out.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Definitely one of my top 3 foundations of all time. I didn't give it a perfect 5 star rating because I don't use it by itself anymore, I always mix it with either one of my other 2 favorites (Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24hr or L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte). I used to use this foundation by itself in the old formula years ago but my needs and preferences in foundation have since changed and this doesn't quite fit the bill on its own anymore. But when mixed, the combo becomes holy grail for me.

For reference, I have mostly oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin but can have some dry patches here and there.
All the info down below is based on the foundation by itself, not mixed and applied with a flat top brush (Sigma F80).

--Texture & Application--
Not very thick, a little runny but it's not too thin either. You don't need much, a little goes a long way and it blends in very smoothly and very easily. I don't find it dries too quickly but that depends on your skin and it's still best to work in sections.
--Coverage & Finish--
High medium/medium-full coverage depending on your skin but it definitely can be built up to complete full coverage (it's best to build up in thin layers - careful not to build up too much or it can go cakey). The finish isn't too matte, it's more of a natural matte or demi-matte. I feel this foundation can work for almost all skin types, including dry depending on how you prep beforehand. I find it to not settle in pores or lines for me and it looks overall very smooth and flawless. It takes a couple minutes for it to set completely on me and a smidgen of slight tackiness still remains so in my opinion, it doesn't dry down to a powder finish and it's best set with a light powder. It doesn't tend to look cakey on me but it's not a super natural foundation. Though because it's not too matte, it doesn't look overly unnatural either. Out of all 3 of my favorites, this is the most forgiving in terms of dryness. It's not quite as apt to clinging onto things as much as the other two can. Really pretty finish.
--Feel & Wear--
It's not the most lightweight foundation (not as lightweight as the Lancome or L'oreal), I can sorta feel it on but neither is it too heavy. It wears really well, the current longest wearing foundation out of my 3 favorites. Sadly, it's not as long wearing as the original formula though. It wears well in heat, humidity, sweat and water. I could wear it for a full 24 hours if I wanted (though it probably wouldn't look very good). Oddly enough, it's oil control though, is not quite as good as the Lancome or the L'oreal - probably due to it not being completely matte. It still has good oil control but not the best I've come across. I don't find it to dry my skin out at all either.

Overall, I love this foundation and it's worth the money. I notice a huge difference in the way my skin looks with this foundation vs a lot of cheaper foundations, it just looks way better. The color selection is also very nice and the undertones it comes in matches my skin tone perfectly which can be hard to find for me. But seriously Estee Lauder..you're going to increase the price from $34- $38 in just a matter of a couple years and still not put a pump on it?? Please, please..just put a damn pump on it, please.

on 8/22/2016 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Estee Lauder DW is a very unique and beautiful foundation and I've given it such a high rating because if it didn't cause me to slightly breakout this would be my holy grail for summer months and for events.

The consistency is light, goes on smoothly with any type of application method, provides medium to full coverage but can be sheered as well with a primer or moisturiser. The most important thing is that it matches my skin tone. I am a NC35 and use Tawny 3W1.

I have received compliments with this foundation but people know it's foundation, i know it's not natural looking, like say a TM. This gives an airbrushed look, keeps you matte and stays on all day, not sure about transfer resistant, bc of my skin type.

I have oily skin so this gets dewy on my nose and chin, but that in my book is great. Most break up and become overall shiny, this does not. It holds oil very well and does not break apart on my face.

I love this, but because I hate dealing with any possibility of breakouts I tend to stay away, and stick to products not so heavy duty. If you like flawless makeup and you don't breakout from this I consider you really lucky.