Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 8/12/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly terrible for my skin, one wear and i broke out SO bad. I bought this because it said non-comedogenic hoping it wouldn't clog my pores, i don't know if it did or didn't do that. But upon removing it i had red pimples all under my skin, and right after i had just cleared it up too :(. I also didn't build it up very much for the sake of letting my skin breathe, now i'm glad i didn't build it up.

on 8/10/2017 11:25:00 PM

The "big guns" of foundation- not for amateur makeup wearers!! Awesome full coverage (hides blemishes and scars), lasts all day and is a great buildable foundation! It may be too heavy for those who hate the feeling of wearing foundation or those who want a more natural look. I wear it all year round but some may also think it's too heavy for the summer. With that being said, it's not extremely easy to remove- lots of face wipes plus face wash. It dries matte which is great for those who dislike a dewey finish, buffs in easily and evenly and doesn't streak. It is a bit expensive though-but well worth the money! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

on 8/10/2017 10:57:00 PM

Stays on for hours, I mis two colors to get right color. Blend with a damp sponge or beauty blender. I love this foundation, will never go tot another and I have tried most all of them.

on 7/30/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to wear double wear years ago before they changed my colour (shell beige) and the formula. I decided to try it out again, I got a sample in the colour Buff.
I used a blending brush to apply, easy to blend apart from on my nose, which I always find difficult, I think due to oily skin. Colour began to oxidise which meant it ended up being to dark. Should also mention, which is my fault, I decided to go with that colour because I thought it would go with my tan best, and as I don't put tan on my face felt there was no point colour matching my face as I am very pale. It felt like I had ALOT of make up on, and I usually like a medium- full coverage but this felt to much.
I also noticed dots appearing on my nose, which is usually because of the oil coming through.
I was gutted this foundation didn't work out for me as I know how much I loved it before. I know lots of people who love this foundation so I wouldn't want to put someone off trying it as I'm sure it would be perfect for someone else!

on 7/28/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time HG! Still haven't found anything that works or wears better that this stuff. I recently gave the new version - Double wear nude water fresh one a try. Don't be fooled, it does not wear anything at all like the original. And it's definitely not for us oily skinned girls. So back to the original I go. The packaging of course could be a bit better if they added a pump, but I got myself one from mac that fits like a glove.

on 7/27/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's 2017.... if I am dropping this much $$ on a foundation, give me a pump!

I honestly don't get this hype over this foundation. Granted, I am not usually a liquid foundation girl, but it's decent. I hate the packaging! I have read that people compare this to Revlon ColorStay - just no. This is far better. I loathed ColorStay when I tried it. Your cheaper dupe has a beautiful pump, though..... just saying!

The two main things I do love about this foundation is the color range and staying power. This stuff will last all day if it's set right. The formula, in my opinion, is harder to work with. It tends to want to dry as I try to blend. It also has pretty decent coverage. (medium for me). For us with more yellow (NOT PINK) tones, this is a dream! It is almost impossible to find a decent foundation of any type that has TRUE yellow undertones, and this does! I would buy this over a drugstore foundation for that very reason, but I think it's way too overpriced for what it is

I also can't use this long term. I have been using this for about 2 months, and my skin hates me right now! I have hormonal acne, but this foundation has left my skin so congested. Will save for special occasions.

I stole one the pumps from my Almay foundation, and it fit perfectly. I shouldn't have had to come to such drastic measures though!

on 7/26/2017 8:49:00 PM

I kind of avoided this foundation for a while for 2 reasons - 1: the person who recommended it to me had a face caked up in orange and I didn't want my makeup to look like that ... basically I was afraid it would oxidise on my skin. 2: it's for oily skin (mine is only slightly oily) and I've heard it promises a very matte powdery finish which I hate the look of. I prefer my skin to look a bit dewy and natural. Finally I went and got a sample and the first thing I'll say is I got matched absolutely perfectly which is rare for me. I took it home and tried it out, and the finish was a nice satin finish, which was slightly dewy with a finishing spray and very natural when used sparingly. It lasted for the rest of the day and I wore it to work the next day, where it lasted all day again, from 8am to 8pm when I took my makeup off, with no deterioration. You can sheer it out to almost nothing, but the coverage is great if you need it.

The only con, as everyone says, is the packaging. This is a high end foundation and should have a pump, but it doesn't. Honestly I don't know how they get away with it, especially since a pump only costs a few dollars more. If anyone knows if it's possible to buy a high quality pump which fits the thread on the opening of the bottle let me know?

So yeah a really good comfortable long wearing foundation with great neutral shades, absolutely worth the money. Just make sure you don't keep the lid off the bottle for too long.

I've already reviewed this foundation like 4x but now I'm back because I have additional comments on it (because I care about my makeup that much and I'm not ashamed of it).

Is it just me or do certain newer bottles of ELDW feel like they've been, erm... reformulated? This is hard to explain but I'll do my best. I've bought several shades over the last few months to play with because it's summer and I'm tanning. It's almost as if the the most recent stock-ups of Double Wear feel slightly more runny and have less of that cement-esque feel that I remember. Picked up a shade of 2W0 Warm Vanilla (new shade) and it felt oddly different. Ended up returning it because it was too pale and exchanged it for 2W2 Rattan which was thicker, more coverage and had the slight tacky feeling after application. Its almost as if Estee Lauder tried to do a sneaky reformulation and now the older bottles are swimming around with the new ones...

on 7/17/2017 5:38:00 AM

I've hated this product since the day that I bought it. Since the sales lady just applied the foundation on top of my make up, I saw that the appearance of it on my skin isn't very... great. But I let it go coz I knew that I have a make up on and thought it just didn't blend well with whatever I had on my face. So I bought it and went home and removed all my make up. I hated this product, I've used different primers, from Benefit, smashbox, becca and Makeup forever but none of it helped. So I thought it's because of my sunscreen, so I also tried different types of sunscreen, to the sticky type, to watery and gel type, still, it looked bad on my nose area. Like the product didn't want to stick to it and there's this separation and tiny bumps. I've also tried different moisturizers, after awhile, I gave up. The product looks great IF I don't put anything on my face but the foundation, and that is a big NO for me. So this month, I ran out of my Kiehl's serum so I've decided to buy the Advance Night Repair Serum since they have a promo. I applied the serum and my usual skincare and make up routine then used the Double Wear foundation, and GOODNESS! It looks great! I can't use this product without the ANR serum. So far it's really good and I like how it looks on my skin.

This was MY ONLY foundation in my 20's. I have combo skin, with some cosmetic acne back then, which i wanted to conceal since it has such a perfect coverage.
I was never without it eventhough there were very few colors in my country back then, and i used the "fresco" shade without it being a perfect match for me. it was kind of greyish on my skin and that was the only reason i stopped using it, while a lot of brands developed excellent foundations in matching colors.
fast forward and DW has noumerous of shades now here, mine match being 2N1. almost absolute match.
i am back now in my 50 s. i don;t need a complete coverage now, no scars at all, still combo skin. this makeup eventhough long lasting and covering, if well hydrated, gives a dewy finish, and when you use a small amound blending it well in a well hydrated skin, can be a sheer makeup for mature skin.
a real HG of all times, coming from the past (same goes for ANR).
nice bottle, but it SHOULD HAVE A PUMP EVENTUALLY, than spill it from that big hole.... this is the only con a can find.