Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 2/22/2018 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just watch another demo of this foundation, so I pulled it out of the box and retried it with Tarte primer. I do not like this!! this is the cakey, settles is pores and wrinkles and dries to a weird finish that looks dry, powdery and more cakey. I have tried this multiple times with numerous primers and numerous application techniques and the results are always the same. Very unflattering to mature skin. Reminds me of house paint. I had to take it off and start over, which is time consuming. This time I put it in the trash so I will not be tempted to try to make this work. 5 times is enough

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation everyday for about 6 months (minus some weekends) and I don't need any other. I have yet to find another full coverage foundation that doesn't look masky/heavy. This just works. No matter if I use a brush or beautyblender lighter coverage.

Price: $42. So yeah. It's not as expensive as some "luxury brands" but still on the high end. But I think they're worth it honestly.

Coverage: It's Med to Full Coverage depending on what you're trying to cover and what technique you're using. I've got some hyperpigmentation which is fading and it does a good job of covering but if it doesn't that's what concealer is for.

Shades: Has a pretty impressive shade range. Color matching is where you might run into some difficulty. I've been matched horribly by a sales associate with Rich Ginger. Uh...I looked like Casper.
Their machine matched me with Amber Honey 5N2 one of their neutral shades. It still has a slight reddish undertone (I'm yellow) but it was the closest I was going to get to this highly coveted foundation and it was doable.
I mixed my Mufe custom drops in yellow to make it less red. Now just recently Estee Lauder released some in between shades and I am happy to report that Cinnamon 5w1.5 is dang near perfect. I mix it with my Amber honey. Hello Perfection. I don't know how to swing the cost of both but ya girl will figure something out.

Wear Time: Surprisingly as advertised although most times I do wear a setting spray and tend to powder my tzone ALWAYS when I'm going out. So that does effect wear for us oily girls. I tend to get a bit drier in winter but haven't had any issues. Also doesn't transfer.

Texture: Seems kind of runny when you pour it or use your finger to place over the top and dispense it that way like they recommend. A little goes along way. I usually stipple mine on for more coverage. You can buy a separate pump for the jar if that bothers you. Personally I worry how pumping air into it will effect the product.

So major pros are that it does what it claims. I have yet to experience any foundation that gives me this kind of coverage without feeling heavy or looking masky. It's buildable. They are slowly but surely increasing the in between shades.
Cons would be price if you're on a budget. I can't think of any dupes. This is NOT the same as Smashbox studio Fix. I don't know why people keep saying that. That foundation was horrible for me.
If you fall into the very fair to the in between brown and dark shades you might have some trouble finding ONE shade that works.
I would recommend getting a sample. Wear it outside. Try the machine and matching yourself. Purchase from a department store with a friendly return policy.

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I always get the samples from the counter, I don't know maybe its because they never know how to shade match me or it doesn't blend well into the skin, other than that, the radiant finish is perfect and you don't need to set with powder because it sets into a powder finish. If the lady matched my shade right, I would purchase but I got shade matched 4 different times, and they were all different shades, and all wrong LOL. no pump and maybe im not buying this foundation because I don't trust them like r u srs gurl. do you actually not know my shade or do you just want my coint.

Its ok......I guess.....

EXPAND UR DAMN SHADE RANGE BICH WE NEED SOME DARKER SHADES,
like my girl said, RICH IN COLOR, RICH IN LIFE. - Patricia Bright

PALE GIRLS REJOICE!!! Lets just take a moment to hail Estee Lauder for finally bringing back the shade 1C0 Shell. This has been a long time coming and I'm so ecstatic as I write this review hugging my brand new bottle of Double Wear in this highly coveted pale shade that was shamefully discontinued many years ago. The discontinuation of this particular shade sent a lot of fair skinned women in distress because they no longer had a shade match in their beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear - it also meant doing crazy stuff like considering buying a bottle on Ebay for an extortionate price or trying to hunt it down whilst on vacation in Europe. They sell different shades of Double Wear in different countries its actually rather interesting if you are a ELDW obsessee. Other new shades have also been released and are now available on the official Estee Lauder website, Sephora etc. We already know how amazing this foundation is so I just wanted to come here to spread the word about the new shades. There's a gazillion reviews on how great this stuff is so I'll cut my rambling short here.

For anyone who is interested the new shades are 1C0 Shell, 2N2 Buff, 3W1.5 Fawn and 5W1.5 Cinnamon.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!