Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 1/15/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have oily skin and want a long wear, medium coverage upon first coat, full coverage with 2 coats foundation, JUST GET IT. It really is the BEST on the market. I have been there, done that, and CONTINUE to venture out just out of curiosity and this remains untouchable for HG. All the other samples of enticing new foundations get tossed and I apologize to my double wear while kissing the bottle the next morning. Also, the shade match is the most impeccable I've found in ANY brand ever. A $42 bottle lasts me 2-3 months, and for almost every day use and such a reliable product, I find that to be a good price. My Estee Lauder counter gave me a pump for free & I just sanitize it and reuse it with each repurchase. But I think it's like 10 bucks, just get it if you don't make friends with your SA.

Disclaimers:
- Because the texture of this foundation is like PAINT (in a good way that feels very comfortable to the skin) you HAVE to have a moisturized base to lay it down on or it will NOT LOOK GOOD. It covers like a dream so if you have acne or issues you will love it, but you have to make sure your skin is hydrated first.
- If you are really oily like me, it's not a miraculous enough product that you still don't have to set with powder and setting spray. I start to look dewy at the 4-6 hour mark depending on the weather (but experience no dissappearance or patchiness which is why this is bomb). At that time I like to blot and/or apply pressed translucent powder and it looks good like I just applied for at least another 4 hours.
- Technique is very relative to how you're going to like this foundation. I find using a duo fibre brush to buff it in using light layers makes it look like my skin is naturally airbrushed. If you apply it with a damp beauty blender, it sheers it out alot & you get a very see thru light coverage, and I find the lasting power struggles even after setting powder and setting spray when using that method. Which might be what some people are going for, and in that case, applied that way those people will dig this foundation too.

on 1/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have super oily skin and I've been trying to find a long wearing foundation for as long as I can remember. I've considered buying this for years but I'm not a fan of heavy matte looking finishes so I was always wary, and the first time I swatched this the scent reminded me of that foundation smell of paint which I don't love . My usual favourite foundation is mac face and body and this is almost the opposite to that.
I use a hydrating primer underneath as I find its best, and if I add some all nighters setting spray this looks almost dewy so you can definitely avoid a cake face.
I apply with a beauty blender and it's generally fine but I can't seem to build this product at all, not in the slightest? I'm not sure why but I find if I try and add slightly more coverage it will disturb and remove the foundation underneath leaving me with horrible patches. It's something I've noticed also happens when I conceal under my eyes afterwards too. I don't mind too much as it's a small area but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
I got the colour sand, which matches me well when I'm not fake tanned but I don't mind wearing extra bronzer when my body is more tanned, although I think I'm going to purchase a more warm tanned tone to match me better. The price isn't too crazy as it performs so I don't mind buying another shade as I'll need it in summer anyway if I keep using this.
The staying power of this is not over hyped at all, it's fantastic and lasts all day long. Not just a 8 hour work day, it can stay looking beautiful well over 12 hours and beyond. I tend to use a blotting sheet at some point during the day as my skin is super oily so inevitably my skin will start getting a sheen at some point, but this blots beautifully.
I can't be certain but I have suspicions that this is starting to break me out. I'm getting spots in places I would never usually get them. It's disappointing because I otherwise love this product but I don't want to sacrifice my skin for any makeup product so it's something I'll keep an eye on. I do really like this foundation so if I have to step up my skincare routine and products then I probably would but it's not ideal haha!

Overall I do love this but I am still undecided because I'm sure it's giving me bloody spots! But I would recommend this, and the hype is well deserved! X

For the price of this stuff I wasn't impressed at all..Color was too light for me (i tried the 2C3 and am fair skinned) but that was more of my problem..dissapointed

on 1/6/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hi All,

I am reviewing estee lauder stay in place make up shade Ivory rose. When i bought this at the store it kind of suited my skin color but after coming back from there i tried it at home it looked too bright/light. It doesn't really look natural. I called the store and told them about it but they are not ready to exchange it because I have opened the bottle. I have no clue what to do with it. I found this forum i am hoping that it will be of some help to me. I have the bill too with the cover it is still brand new.Please anyone interested to buy this shade i can give it for a much lesser price. Please let me know.
Email me at Nausheen1113@gmail.com

Thanks

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 1/4/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hell No! This looks like a mask, no matter how one applies it (i tried many ways!) it ages my normal to dehydrated skin terribly...just terrible! It is so matte and drying. Accentuates all the stuff one would like to blur. It also feels heavy, my skin looks 100% better without it on. I would not recommend. I got matched to "bone" i am an nc15, colour was close, just a hair yellow.

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

on 12/26/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a foundation that didn't make my skin look oily after like 2 hours which shouldn't have been as hard as it is, but I finally decided to spend a little more money this time and let me tell you I can go 10 hours and my face looks as fresh and good as ever. My skin is extremely oily and in all my years as a makeup addict, I've never found a better foundation.

The packaging is a little dumb with no pump or wand but its fine and the price is pretty hefty but for a foundation that lasts me this long and looks as good as it does its worth it imo.