Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

12/2012 REFORMULATION

I've already reviewed this foundation like 4x but now I'm back because I have additional comments on it (because I care about my makeup that much and I'm not ashamed of it).

Is it just me or do certain newer bottles of ELDW feel like they've been, erm... reformulated? This is hard to explain but I'll do my best. I've bought several shades over the last few months to play with because it's summer and I'm tanning. It's almost as if the the most recent stock-ups of Double Wear feel slightly more runny and have less of that cement-esque feel that I remember. Picked up a shade of 2W0 Warm Vanilla (new shade) and it felt oddly different. Ended up returning it because it was too pale and exchanged it for 2W2 Rattan which was thicker, more coverage and had the slight tacky feeling after application. Its almost as if Estee Lauder tried to do a sneaky reformulation and now the older bottles are swimming around with the new ones...

on 7/9/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

on 7/8/2017 7:46:00 PM

This is my holy frail foundation. I tried so many that I had this one in my Sephora cart months before trying it. I didn't want to waste anymore money.
Surprisingly, my skin is quite dry but this works amazing for it. I do not have to wear any setting powder and it doesn't crease under my eyes. Most days I don't use any concealer. It truly lasts all day, too. I have put this on and left the house at 7am and not washed it off until close to 10pm (although I try not to ever have makeup on that long) and it looked the same as when I had first applied it.
It does not clog my pores or irritate my skin at all, so I am able to wear this everyday if I feel like it. A lot of foundations always break me out and I need to give my skin a break from using them. Not this one! Also the color match is spot on. I am the lightest shade but it doesn't leave me feeling like a ghost.
Lastly, this is my first foundation that I've finished an entire bottle of. Already repurchased.

on 6/30/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for years and love it. Tried numerous other foundations but they did not stand up to the power of Double Wear. Makes my skin look great - everyone compliments this foundation on me. I use shade "Ivory Beige" which I would normally think was too light for me but because its a neutral tone it is perfect. I noticed that all reviewers here from 16 - 60 love it. Highly recommend!! :):)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent matte or almost matte foundation. Wide color choice from cool light to deep dark rich.

Pro: Coverage is full. I put some on my hand and you could see the brighteners and titanium or zinc oxide which makes a reflective cover to hide skin flaws and even tone.

Easy to blend, especially if you use a foam blender.

Wears all day.

No scent, seems to work on sensitive skin.

Cons: It probably will photograph too light (there is a lot of titanium or zinc oxide that is reflective in flash.)
It doesn't have a pump.

It really is full coverage. If you want sheer, my skin-but-better, not your foundation.

on 6/17/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! I love this stuff.

I'm a foundation junkie. I rarely buy the same thing twice. I've tried SO many foundations; all of Cliniques and MACs, I've tried makeup forever, Dior, benefit, Sephora collection, hourglass, Josie maran, Lancôme, many of the drug store brands (more recently bourjois), Marc jacobs....if Sephora sells it I've probably had a bottle at some point over the years.

This stuff is my holy grail of foundation. It's awesome. Once it's on, it doesn't budge all day. I usually put my makeup on around 7:30am and take it off around 9pm. Usually with other brands the make up has worn off and it looks streaky, and my face looks a little oily.

This stuff is amazing. Nice medium coverage and matte finish, I don't even have to use a concealer or a powder. By the evening, my makeup looks the same as it did that morning. I have combination/oily skin. No oiliness at all.

The BEST foundation I have ever used. Will be in my makeup bag forever (until I find the next best thing). Would highly recommend it unless you have dry skin. Make sure you use a foundation brush to apply as well.

And at $46 a bottle it's practically free!! Great price point.

I really like this foundation for everyday use. Its light, natural looking and very easy to apply.

The foundation does do what it says on the packaging - "double-wear, long lasting". I was very happy with this foundation in terms of how it looked throughout the day. My skin can become very oily throughout the day but I never had any issues with this product as it seemed to absorb all of the excess oils my body was producing. It also is so light that I never broke out with this makeup which I loved.

In terms of colour - They have a very good range of color shades that can easily match any skin tone (even though originally I had to speak to at least 5 different women who were supposed to be "experts" at color matching an they all got it wrong.)

I would say that this foundation is for you If you have combination skin, I have dryer skin and this foundation would accentuate all of the dry patches on my face (however much moisturizer I applied) which gave me this awful patchy look.

The issue I had most with this foundation is that even though it does last all day - the coverage is very minimal. I had to apply lots of layers of this product just to get a minimal coverage (which was a pain since the bottles are only the size of a small hand sanitizer bottle and I had to keep replacing my foundation.) My skin is also quite sensitive and because of the lack of coverage with this foundation, I had patches of red and patches of covered areas all across my forehead, nose and chin.

The packaging is not very good because again, It's so small that you have to go get a new bottle quite often depending ion how you use it. It's also a glass bottle which isn't very practical for travelling etc.

I found that the price of this foundation would be amazing if you had a bigger bottle size and or didn't have to use as much product to build decent coverage. It seems as if you get slightly ripped off in terms of the amount of product you actually receive when you spend £32, because it isn't a lot - especially when you use a lot of it to build a decent coverage. However, you're paying for the brand "Estee Lauder" so it isn't going to be as cheap as drugstore makeup.

I really hated the fact that I had to stop using this foundation because it was so light on my skin it almost felt as if you weren't wearing any makeup.

on 5/24/2017 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you have dry skin and want to use this product prepare to do a lot of prep so it doesn't completely dry out your skin. Even then, wearing a moisturiser under this foundation makes it not set for hours so it transfers every time you touch your face.

I also found that it enhanced the fine lines around my eyes and cracks when I smile.

Can't argue with the coverage though. It's very full coverage and probably best for someone with normal or oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really think this foundation would be perfect for oily and acne prone skin types.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

I love the coverage. It doesn't cause acne flare ups or breakouts. Looks great on oily areas and stays put all day. It doesn't seep into fine lines or pores so it looks flawless with one exception. If you have dry skin like I do.

It makes my dry skin look really dull and it seems to just suck the moisture out of my face! It also really dries out my under eye areas and causes dry patches and skin flaking.

I want to love this product and my oily t-zone does! But I wouldn't recommend this for combination/dry skin types.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.