Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.2

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Buy.it.
Forget all the "matte", "24h lasting" drugstore AND highend foundations and get this little piece of heaven instead. it feels amazing on the skin from the first application. It leaves the perfect amount of coverage (HIGH) without clogging the pores or create a thick layer of product. It complements the skin beautifully and IT LASTS. I tested out on a full day out and my skin never looked better. I checked my makeup expecting to find the usual oily mess..not a chance!! It may need a touch up after 8/9 hours but nothing before that. Even my boyfriend noticed it and complemented it. That's how i know it not only feels great but it also looks great.
It's the REAL deal!

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

on 10/2/2016 12:40:00 AM

This is seriously my HG foundation. I've tried soon many drugstore liquid foundations and BB creams (Revlon's Nearly Naked, Revlon's ColorStay, L'Oreal's True Match, Garnier's BB Cream, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB to name a few) and I barely liked them. I have really super extra oily skin so in just two hours my face became a disco ball with these foundations and bb creams. I really thought my disco ball face had no remedy so I continued using drugstore foundations and had to blot one or two times daily. But... One day I opened some drawers from my mom's restroom and I found Estèe Lauder's Double Wear foundation in Sand so I gave it a try. It was a lighter shade than my face but omg I loved it instantly! I seriously looked like if I was photoshopped but without looking cakey. I went to school that same day and outside was so hot. "My face is going to melt down and I will look like a hot mess" I thought. BUT NO. LIKE WTF. The foundation held my makeup for freaking 8 hours!!! And even when I arrived home, my face was almost flawless! I was so blown away. No other foundation has done that to my makeup.

Since I was using nonstop my mom's foundation, she made me buy my own bottle. I bought Desert Beige which is a bit darker than Sand. So oily girls, please please please give this a try if no other foundation has worked for you. It has full coverage and it will hold your makeup for a long time. You will notice some oil in your face as time passes but instead of looking a mess, you'll look dewy. I'm in love!

Holy grail foundation. Completely worry proof. Doesn't transfer and lasts all day. Perfect for oily combo skin. Works best with my xo beauty flat top face brush

on 6/26/2016 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation. I use it on basically any skin type, and it comes in so many shades that almost anyone can wear this. I personally wear this most of the time, and even though I have hypersensitive/super dry skin and I'm ghostly pale, this works very well, matches my skin tone, and does not look cakey. Also really good for ageing skin as long as you use a good hydrating primer to retain some dewiness in the skin. Gets expensive to stock a kit with it, but for personal use, it lasts a long time. Best way to apply this is with a damp beauty blender or fingers. Brushes WILL make this streaky as it dries very fast. Sets without power and has an airbrushed matte/semi-matte finish depending on how it is applied. 10/10 would reccomend.

on 6/22/2016 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is seriously the BEST foundation ever, i have been through so many foundation and none did good to my oily skin except for this! i have been using this foundation for two years and i will never switch from it

on 6/16/2016 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I finally found my go to foundation! It is just perfect. Buildable coverage, almost matte finish, lightweight, very natural looking and seriously long lasting! Plus the color range is huge! I'm matched mistakenly to the shade ecru (I'm very fair nc15) but I still love it although it's slightly dark, thank god summer is near. The only negative thing that I can say is that this foundation is a little hard to take it off... I clean my face with bioderma micellaire water 2 or 3 times and afterwards I wash it with my clarisonic and a soft gel.. THE BRISTLES are turning beige! It's unbelievable but I claim it's long lasting ingredients. Overall this is a GREAT foundation for any occasion(I apply just 2 drops at daytime with my hands for a no makeup look and a more generous amount at evening with my beauty blender for a flawless finish) but you have to clean your face extremely well to avoid clogged pores or break outs.

p.s. the packaging would be just perfect with a bump

on 5/12/2016 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the first foundation I've really loved. Prior to this foundation I tried Clinique Beyond Perfecting, which I hated and made me break out. Before that I was a broke student and bought drug store foundations. SO..with that said I don't have a lot of experience with different foundations, but this is the only foundation I've bought over and over again. (And the only makeup product I splurge on)
I have the occasional breakout and I have quite a bit of acne scarring on my face, so I prefer a more full coverage foundation. The double wear is perfect for that, you can build it to be full and all imperfections are gone. I particularly love how long it lasts. I was so used to having to reapply foundation through out the day, I was amazed how well this stays on literally all day long.
The only slight negative I would say about this product is that when you first put it on it can feel slightly "tight" on your face, almost like you have a mask on. But that goes away after your makeup is set.

on 4/19/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combo (more oily) acne prone skin. This foundation has not broken me out and it lasts all day long! I blend with a damp beauty blender and it goes on nicely. I usually touch up mid day with my MUFE hd powder to get rid of the excess shine but it is better than re-applying mid day (like I used to).
I have discoloration from previous acne, and this covers up great and is buildable.
Being a longwear foundation, this is so hard to get off, so I make sure to double cleanse!
I use colour Cashew 3W2 , and I don't notice any oxidation either with colour.