Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.2

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Buy.it.
Forget all the "matte", "24h lasting" drugstore AND highend foundations and get this little piece of heaven instead. it feels amazing on the skin from the first application. It leaves the perfect amount of coverage (HIGH) without clogging the pores or create a thick layer of product. It complements the skin beautifully and IT LASTS. I tested out on a full day out and my skin never looked better. I checked my makeup expecting to find the usual oily mess..not a chance!! It may need a touch up after 8/9 hours but nothing before that. Even my boyfriend noticed it and complemented it. That's how i know it not only feels great but it also looks great.
It's the REAL deal!

I always go back to this foundation. Love/hate relationship. I apply this with a damp beauty blender for less coverage. If I want a little more coverage I apply this foundation with a sigma f80. I have dry skin due to the fact that I was accutane twice. I love the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day with this foundation, after one application I know that I am good to go, although the more I start using it on a daily basis I find the texture of my skin to dry out and look dull. Also due to the fact that this foundation can be very heavy I find that it can clog my pores. I have tried to switch to other foundations but always seem to come back, mainly due to the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day and the color selection is spot on.
I have recently tried Maybelline matte and poreless foundation but realized that you get what you pay for, and for me personally I would rather spend a little more on my foundation, looks like I'm going back to my double wear.

I try so many products and i have sensitive acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause acne or cystic acne like others this is most important thing for me and this foundation have a buildable coverage and perfect for summer because realy stay in place all day

on 1/23/2017 7:19:00 AM

After hearing mixed reviews about this foundation, some rave that it covers everything and lasts all day, and others saying it is thick, drying and "feels like cement", I finally decided to give it a shot on two occasions (so far). One on a particularly bad skin day, with a big pimple to hide, and second on a night out. I have oily skin.

First off, the packaging is crap. you have to pour it out into your hands - which is messy, and you have very little control over how much you get out. Probably because it is too thick to draw up through a pump, but a squeezy tube like the DW light could work.

Application felt horrible. It actually did feel a little like applying cement, it was thick and sticky and very difficult to blend. Perhaps a paint roller would have sufficed?

Having got the negatives out of the way, it did cover well and where I did manage to blend it the finish looked flawless. The shade was a good match too, and it did stay put all day without any shininess coming through. However it did start to come away in some areas, like it was drying up and peeling away.

Glad I tried it, but will save for bad skin days or special occasions. Would probably not repurchase.

on 11/12/2016 8:56:00 PM

I'm really on the fence with this foundation. Firstly, I am in love with the longevity. Like everyone says, it lasts ALL day. All day. This is huge because of my extremely oily skin being a cause of concern for me. However formulation aside it actually has quite a few cons and I can't decide if they outweigh the one thing I actually need in a foundation, which is compatibility with my skin. The shades are a problem. I've tried numerous shades all of which have had a slight orange tint to them which is incredibly annoying and the only way I'm making it work now is by using a lighter powder to set. But by the end of the day I feel like I look really orange, unfortunately. Next, this is not one of those foundations that feel like you're not wearing any makeup. With this, I feel like I am wearing mask. It's heavy. It's not like some of my other foundations that look really natural on the skin. It's one of those foundations where your husband will tell you that you don't need all of that makeup on. So beware if you're going for a more natural look. All this aside, if you have oily skin this foundation is great but depending on your skin tone you'll really have to work with it to get your match perfect. Bottom line, would I repurchase this? Probably, but only because it is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used however, I would only use this on days that I really, really need it to go all day. I think for just an everyday type of foundation there are many better options out there.

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

on 10/2/2016 12:40:00 AM

This is seriously my HG foundation. I've tried soon many drugstore liquid foundations and BB creams (Revlon's Nearly Naked, Revlon's ColorStay, L'Oreal's True Match, Garnier's BB Cream, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB to name a few) and I barely liked them. I have really super extra oily skin so in just two hours my face became a disco ball with these foundations and bb creams. I really thought my disco ball face had no remedy so I continued using drugstore foundations and had to blot one or two times daily. But... One day I opened some drawers from my mom's restroom and I found Estèe Lauder's Double Wear foundation in Sand so I gave it a try. It was a lighter shade than my face but omg I loved it instantly! I seriously looked like if I was photoshopped but without looking cakey. I went to school that same day and outside was so hot. "My face is going to melt down and I will look like a hot mess" I thought. BUT NO. LIKE WTF. The foundation held my makeup for freaking 8 hours!!! And even when I arrived home, my face was almost flawless! I was so blown away. No other foundation has done that to my makeup.

Since I was using nonstop my mom's foundation, she made me buy my own bottle. I bought Desert Beige which is a bit darker than Sand. So oily girls, please please please give this a try if no other foundation has worked for you. It has full coverage and it will hold your makeup for a long time. You will notice some oil in your face as time passes but instead of looking a mess, you'll look dewy. I'm in love!