Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 10/11/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OMG, can't believe I missed out on this for so long. I actually bought it before and got rid of it, since it looked cakey and felt heavy. My skin breaks out with almost everything and reviews had me fearful.
Then I forgot my YSL All Hours liquid and needed something in a pinch for an event. Happened to grab a blending sponge, which I don't normally use and it changed everything!
This is just awesome.
Pros
-Excellent lasting power
-Impressive shade range (online)
-Makes my finicky skin happy
-Removes easily with my Neutrogena facial cleaner
-Doesn't transfer, better than my beloved All Hours
-Lovely natural matte finish
-Doesnt settle much in my lines

Cons
-If applied in certain manners, can look cakey and mask-like. A damp blending sponge made all the difference for me

I use the shade Bone (palest available in some stores) mixed with varying levels of Alabaster (palest online) for seasons. It's very rare for me to find one pale enough and Alabaster is way too light. The shades blend well together and the custom shade looks just perfect. They seem to have more deeper shades than many lines too.

The best part is my happy skin. It's nearly impossible for me to find something with no: bismuth oxychloride, algae, sodium chloride, lauroyl lysine, caprylil glycol, oils, etc.

Don't discontinue, Estee!

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 8/25/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this foundation and wore it regularly in my early to mid twenties, I stopped wearing for it a while as it was beginning to break me out as heavy foundations often do on my skin. I went back to it a year or two later, my skin had aged slightly with some lines around eyes and smile lines, it really accentuated these lines on my face and I immediately had to take it off.
Its a great foundation in that it could withstand a bomb and not budge its also full coverage and smooth on application but doesnt work on my skin anymore.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

on 3/14/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This had full coverage and lasted a long time on my skin, but I really didn't notice a huge difference between this and my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless. It was also a little bit too matte for me (even more matte than the Maybelline foundation) so I would not repurchase this and would prefer to get the drugstore option.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my 2nd try. I've used mineral powders in the past but need something with more coverage and staying power since getting more "mature" skin. I've also become a bit drier in areas through I do have some break through shiny areas come through as the day progresses on my T Zone area. My first effort with using double wear was frustrating. I had trouble getting anyone to match me right Either too orange or pink) and I used either my fingers or a beauty blender to apply. I found that the product would crease up by my nose and chin and just did not have a natural look at all but looked more like a mask. This time I found the closest shade I could that match with golden glow compact powder by Jane Irdale, since it was a good match. I went with the shade Tawny. This time I appied it with a foundation brush, buffing it in lightly and just building on the redness by my nose and under my eyes. Looks MUCH better with a brush on me. I do not have to use much product at all. Covers my reddness great! Pores are unseen and it didn't crease up the light lines I have under my eyes. Also didn't show up any dry spots and I LOVE the finish, looks very natural without looking or feeling caked on. I don't need a concealer or a finishing powder when I use this though I do throw on a tiny bit of bye bye pores powder on my T Zone keeps me fresh all day long. Also the staying time with this is incredible! And no transferring! I feel that it does oxidize little on me but comes to a great match that melts into my skin that doesn't become orange or a funky pink. Only down side is having to really make sure I cleanse my face well at night to remove it but it's the price you pay for a product that stays on during the day, and of course the cost.

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.

on 12/16/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Always avoided the foundation because it didn't cater to my skin tone. I recently realized they have expanded their line and went for a bottle.

I have had such bad luck with foundations lately. Nothing has been sticking past 2 hours. I only wore tinted moisturizer.

This works. I don't even have to set my foundation and it stays all day. Not the most beautiful finish from the get go but it melts into my skin within an hour and it looks great.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and most foundations dont last, break me out and show my huge pores. But honestly, the ELDW is for now the one that lasts the longer on my skin, gives a natural finish (I think it only happened twice that it got cakey and I accidentally put on way too much product) Is doen't work with all primers, but I think this is quite normal for any foundation. I can apply it with brush, beautyblender or fingers and can get a nice finish with any of those. I really like the performance of this product, even if you have to buy a pump - Mac ones work, and not EL does offer the possiblity to buy a pump for double wear but I think it's a bit dishonest - why not include the pump in the packaging? Anyway, for now this is my HG.