Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

on 12/28/2018 3:38:00 PM

I finally tried this foundation after hearing about how great it is for years. Of course I apparently chose the wrong time - they changed the formula! I use CosDna as an ingredient lookup for anything and everything that goes on my face. It's how I check if something will break me out or not (and it's always been right!), so I accidentally looked at their old formula when checking it out, which has a clean record! I picked some up yesterday, looked at some reviews on here last night, and saw that it has a bunch of "bad breakout" ratings recently, so I decided to revisit the ingredients, and there we go, they changed the formula. Too bad, I really like it. I'm wearing it today and I do already have some small bumps on my face....wow. If your skin isn't sensitive then it's a semi-matte, full coverage foundation that has held up around 9 hours and counting without fading or getting oily, though my nose feels a bit dry.

on 11/18/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging sucks - foundation without pump dispenser - seriously?
The foundation as such sits into fine lines, so it accentuates the fact that one is getting older (do not like!!). Moreover, it does not stay in place. After about 4-5 hrs, it fades away. True misser for me.

on 11/14/2018 9:28:00 AM

On opening I noticed a strong paint like smell which seemed to go away on application. The texture is fairly thick and runny. Coverage is full but you have to work quickly as it dries very fast!

In terms of how long it lasts...It does not seem to transfer at all and I find I do double cleanse to effectively remove this. Unfortunately it oxidizes like crazy and noticeably so. I also found that on wearing for a few hours I became very conscious of it on my skin and my skin did not feel like it could breathe (something I did not feel with the Max Cover version). Also be wary if you have dry skin as this really clings to everything.

I did not finish the bottle nor repurchase as the oxidization was perhaps the biggest deal breaker for me

on 10/11/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OMG, can't believe I missed out on this for so long. I actually bought it before and got rid of it, since it looked cakey and felt heavy. My skin breaks out with almost everything and reviews had me fearful.
Then I forgot my YSL All Hours liquid and needed something in a pinch for an event. Happened to grab a blending sponge, which I don't normally use and it changed everything!
This is just awesome.
Pros
-Excellent lasting power
-Impressive shade range (online)
-Makes my finicky skin happy
-Removes easily with my Neutrogena facial cleaner
-Doesn't transfer, better than my beloved All Hours
-Lovely natural matte finish
-Doesnt settle much in my lines

Cons
-If applied in certain manners, can look cakey and mask-like. A damp blending sponge made all the difference for me

I use the shade Bone (palest available in some stores) mixed with varying levels of Alabaster (palest online) for seasons. It's very rare for me to find one pale enough and Alabaster is way too light. The shades blend well together and the custom shade looks just perfect. They seem to have more deeper shades than many lines too.

The best part is my happy skin. It's nearly impossible for me to find something with no: bismuth oxychloride, algae, sodium chloride, lauroyl lysine, caprylil glycol, oils, etc.

Don't discontinue, Estee!

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 8/25/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this foundation and wore it regularly in my early to mid twenties, I stopped wearing for it a while as it was beginning to break me out as heavy foundations often do on my skin. I went back to it a year or two later, my skin had aged slightly with some lines around eyes and smile lines, it really accentuated these lines on my face and I immediately had to take it off.
Its a great foundation in that it could withstand a bomb and not budge its also full coverage and smooth on application but doesnt work on my skin anymore.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

on 3/14/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This had full coverage and lasted a long time on my skin, but I really didn't notice a huge difference between this and my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless. It was also a little bit too matte for me (even more matte than the Maybelline foundation) so I would not repurchase this and would prefer to get the drugstore option.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my 2nd try. I've used mineral powders in the past but need something with more coverage and staying power since getting more "mature" skin. I've also become a bit drier in areas through I do have some break through shiny areas come through as the day progresses on my T Zone area. My first effort with using double wear was frustrating. I had trouble getting anyone to match me right Either too orange or pink) and I used either my fingers or a beauty blender to apply. I found that the product would crease up by my nose and chin and just did not have a natural look at all but looked more like a mask. This time I found the closest shade I could that match with golden glow compact powder by Jane Irdale, since it was a good match. I went with the shade Tawny. This time I appied it with a foundation brush, buffing it in lightly and just building on the redness by my nose and under my eyes. Looks MUCH better with a brush on me. I do not have to use much product at all. Covers my reddness great! Pores are unseen and it didn't crease up the light lines I have under my eyes. Also didn't show up any dry spots and I LOVE the finish, looks very natural without looking or feeling caked on. I don't need a concealer or a finishing powder when I use this though I do throw on a tiny bit of bye bye pores powder on my T Zone keeps me fresh all day long. Also the staying time with this is incredible! And no transferring! I feel that it does oxidize little on me but comes to a great match that melts into my skin that doesn't become orange or a funky pink. Only down side is having to really make sure I cleanse my face well at night to remove it but it's the price you pay for a product that stays on during the day, and of course the cost.