Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great for oily skin. It does even perform better on oily skin as it gives a nice dewy finish after few hours of wearing it. It is full coverage. Downside is you have to blend it quickly as it dries up fast. Otherwise you gonna have patches.

For reference i am NC42 using the shade 4W1 honey bronze

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. My holy grail foundation that I always recommend to all my friends especially to those who have oily skin. I had very high expectations with this foundation and it definitely lived up to the hype. I have extremely oily skin and I accept that I always oil up no matter what foundation I use but this makes me oil the least and it really does stay all day long. If you're still on the fence on buying this product, stop and just buy it. Only con is that it doesn't come with a pump but MAC studio fix pump fits perfect :)

on 2/16/2016 9:40:00 AM

This foundation is so good. Definitely my holy grail foundation. I have oily skin and this foundation lasts all day and is so beautiful on the skin. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I love this foundation so much! ❤️ Would definitely recommend it to whoever and repurchase it. For me, the price is so worthy as it is such an impressive foundation!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My mom bought me Estee lauder Double Wear when i was 15 at macy's. So I was set on buying a foundation that would actually cover my acne/acne scars. I was sat down and glammed over and when i saw the result i was so happy i actually cried!
It covered my acne and scars to perfection, i thought i would never see myself without acne again but i did!
Super light weight, amazing coverage. My #1 FAVORITE foundation, i am about to turn 20 years old and this foundation is the one i devote my life to.
I have also tried dermablend, but as of coverage they both do the same to me, dermablend is more heavy duty, extremely drying and looks and feels cakey. Whereas Double Wear does not leave that feeling and its easy to apply.

When it comes to price, and me being on the poorer end (lol) it is well worth the investment. I actually first tried it when it cost $32 or $35 USD and now its $38...

The packaging is kinda crappy, i hate that it does not have a pump or like those squeezable ones because you either
1. spill everywhere and cry
2. pour too much out
3. and when its almost done its hard to get the last drops out!

but love love love this foundation 100% recommend for acneprone skin

on 11/17/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HOLY GRAIL X ONE THOUSAND.
This is the best foundation out there. If you want something that’s FULL, opaque, lasts the entire day and night, provides the perfect matte base for everything else (contour, blush, highlighter, etc), then this is it. Perfect for oily skin like mine, doesn't stop the oil but keeps it at bay. I was on the hunt for a new foundation, have tried Dior, Chanel, Nars, Revlon colorstay..the list goes on. Basically all the really cult foundations. But nothing beats this. And fyi I didn’t just get this, I have worn this for years on/off. Can I just say again that this LASTS AND LASTS AND LASTS?? God knows how hard I tried to find the perfect foundation and this is it.
- If you have acne scars, this is for you.
- If you have terrible dark circles, this is for you.
- If you want a full foundation for a night out, vacation day, whatever. You need this.
This is like the trusty friend that you know will be there for you when you need it.

CONS:
- Photographs terribly. Will give you a bit of "white face" effect. Does not look natural in photos even without a white face.
- Due to its coverage and long lastiness, I think this is terrible for your skin. Sensitive skin people beware, will probably cause breakouts.

- My story: I wore this for like a year and then stopped when they changed the formula. It wasn’t as opaque anymore. I switched to color stay/Dior but they were both awful with coverage. Just too sheer/light and would fade after many hours. So after trying samples of every foundation under the sun, I decided, after years, to try this one again. I did and I remembered why I wore this for so long. I don’t know whether they changed the formula again, but the opacity was back! This foundation was so far superior to any others that I wondered why I had wasted my time at all trying other ones.

- Colors: okay so this part is super confusing. Don’t trust what they match you with. I’m like a NW 35/Beiege 40 in Chanel/Golden caramel in Revlon. I have been matched with Shell Beige, Tawny, Wheat, etc. They are all wrong. My true match is actually Ivory Beige. FYI in my experience colors look a little lighter when first applied, due to its thick formula and paint-like coverage but it adjust to your skin tone pretty fast. I guess it kind of oxidizes but a very slight amount.

PS: Have others have said, a little goes a long way or else it starts to look extremely cakey. Also this doesn’t come off at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

ULTIMATE HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION. I'm Taiwanese Asian and I wear this in 2C2 Pale Almond (Edit: I have somehow miraculously gone MUCH paler and now wear this in 1W1 Bone. Yes, it's true. No, I have no idea how).

I've mentioned before that I have super oily skin, but with my new routine now (TBS Seaweed Mattifying Day Lotion, TBS Instablur/Wonderblur, this foundation and the Shiseido Finishing Powder, my face is SET for the day. Nothing slides or melts or makes me feel greasy.

So, I pump a tiny/small amount on my finger tips and swipe my cheeks twice each, then a tiny dot on chin, nose, and a thin streak on my forehead. I blend this all in with a wet beautyblender and my face looks incredible, like it's been photoshopped. I have a smooth face, but I have very noticeable pores and tiny dimples in my face from pimple scarring. This makes all of them go away and my face is flawless. When I first apply it might seem a bit too light, but it oxidises very nicely and settles into a perfect match for me.

I know what a lot of people mean by cakey/mask-like, since the girl who served me at the EL counter had so much of this on I felt like I was being served by a mannequin. The key is to use a tiny amount I think, and experiment with different applications, just find one that works for you. For me, using my fingers felt gross, brushes (normal and flat-top) were okay at best, streaky at worst. I think a sponge application is the best for this, but if you think it wastes product, then try blending with fingers first for a bit, then a sponge to even it out for that airbrushed look.

The packaging is a real miss for me, however. The fact that you have to pour this foundation out boggled my mind. This foundation is sensitive to air (I think so anyway, since the little sample pot I was given, after a week of use, looked visibly thicker and more tacky) so to put it in a bottle you have to open time and time again was just... nope. I bought the MAC foundation pump (super cheap, you can buy it separate for $14NZD) and it works amazingly. I haven't had to open my bottle since putting the pump in.

I haven't had too much problem removing this, but then again, I use a cleansing oil, then an exfoliating face wash, and I finish with a cream cleanser. Mostly the cream cleanser is for the bits hard to wash, like the hairline/jawline, but every now and then I do still find a bit on my forehead/nose area.

The price is a bit dear at $69NZD, but you can often find good online sales every now and then, and considering how amazing it is, and how long it lasts (since I use a tiny bit) I think it's well worth it.

on 5/1/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this foundation for years but never got around to it. I used the Mac Prolong for the longest time while using other high end foundations as well but always came back to the mac prolong since my skin was very oily and it was the only foundation that would actually last a long time on my skin without turning me oily. I finally started using the Este Lauder double wear and wish I switched to it sooner! It's so much lighter than the mac but stays on my skin forever! It is difficult to actually remove too but I love it! I honestly feel like I'm not wearing makeup and it is fully coverage as well! I'm so glad I started using this and so many people have been complimenting me on my skin while wearing this. I think it maybe too drying since my skin is more combination now but it will work perfect for the hot summer days. My only compliant is the packaging and pump. I spilled some the first time I tried it and always made a mess. But I bought the covergirl trublend foundation and the pump fits perfectly in this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is undoubtedly my HG foundation. I have VERY oily skin and I've tried SO many foundations in the past (I'll leave a list below for your reference) trying to find one that would keep me shine-free for more than 2 hours. ELDW is the answer to all my prayers. I've been using this foundation for over a year now and I can tell you this...

Pros:
-I only need to touch up once in a 10 hour day.
-It's a lot easier to blend than people make it out to be, you just need to work in sections as it dries down quickly. Applied with a brush, you can get full coverage (I recommend a dense buffing brush) and with a wet beauty blender its a more natural medium coverage.
-I only need to powder my most oily areas because this foundation sets well on its own and is THAT good in terms of oil control
-A very natural and slightly dewy finish IS achievable with this foundation without compromising the oil controlling power. Again apply with a wet sponge and spray Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray on top of the foundation.
-wide shade selection
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't oxidize
-transfer resistant

Cons:
-There is a slight white cast when you take flash photography but nothing dramatic
-takes more effort to remove makeup at the end of the day
-no pump

If you have oily skin, I urge you to try this foundation. What ELDW as done for me is nothing short of amazing.

Other foundations/BB creams I have used (with personal ratings):
-Makeup Forever HD foundation (4/5)
-Kat Von Lock-it tattoo foundation (4/5)
-Shu Uemura Lightbulb foundation (3/5)
-Shu Uemura Face architect illuminating foundation (3/5)
-IOPE air cushion Cover formula (3.5/5)
-Missha M Signature real compete BB cream (4/5)
-Benefit Big Easy Liquid to Powder foundation (0/5)
-Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation (2.5/5)
-Clinique Powder Foundation (3/5)

on 12/27/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After reading such good reviews I decided to splurge and went to the makeup counter and the lady matched me with the shade tawny. Anyways I tried this foundation I have very acne prone skin and pigmentation from previous acne. These are brown and red in color. I poured this foundation into the back of my hand it has a very liquid consistency which I liked. I spread it on my face with my fingers and only needed one layer to cover all my scars. One negative is that it dried so quickly that it was hard to blend in so I recommend that you work section by section. I have really oily skin and this lasted me all day and kept my skin matte without touch ups this is the best foundatio . For scarred oily skin should definately try.